• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

To be fair, everyone was all tired already and him and his crew came in all fresh.
All fresh? Didn't he have an encounter with Kaidou?

To be fair they looked fresh and being weakend by the fighting nobody really wanted more enemies to fight. Even if the Marines could've won, they would've lose so much in the process with a lot of enemies around.

Spinx

If Momo joins I'm done with One Piece.
KuGsj.gif

I can safely claim that since Momo is a princess type like Vivi or Viola. He's not joining.

Y'all, Monet is probably not dead. Nobody ever dies in One Piece (exceptions are Ace and Whitebeard because it was the Act 1 finale and we needed a good reason for the time skip). It goes against one of Oda's core ideas when writing One Piece. The next cover story will probably follow her and Vergo post-Punk Hazard. Also Carrot probably will not be the new crewmate. She was revealed so uncermoniously. For ever Strawhat they've had a pretty big reveal when the first show up. But like Carrot just kinda showed up on Zou and didn't even receive an info box until 2 chapters ago. We're getting somebody relatively soon, since we're about to start tackling the Emperors, and I doubt Oda would leave a member of the main cast out of an Emperor confrontation. But I'm not sure if Carrot it the one.

Y'all, Monet is probably not dead. Nobody ever dies in One Piece (exceptions are Ace and Whitebeard because it was the Act 1 finale and we needed a good reason for the time skip). It goes against one of Oda's core ideas when writing One Piece. The next cover story will probably follow her and Vergo post-Punk Hazard. Also Carrot probably will not be the new crewmate. She was revealed so uncermoniously. For ever Strawhat they've had a pretty big reveal when the first show up. But like Carrot just kinda showed up on Zou and didn't even receive an info box until 2 chapters ago. We're getting somebody relatively soon, since we're about to start tackling the Emperors, and I doubt Oda would leave a member of the main cast out of an Emperor confrontation. But I'm not sure if Carrot it the one.
She was literally stabbed in the heart. That would be a worse cop out than Pell.

Red Fire

She was literally stabbed in the heart. That would be a worse cop out than Pell.

Well we didn't see it actually getting stabbed.

There was the one panel after the 'stabbing' where CC is lying on the ground and the heart and the knife or whatever it was lying on the ground next to each other, implying that he only 'poked' it instead of stabbing properly.

Besides, we have Spandam and as you mentioned Pell still living, so...

This panel from the end of Punk Hazard shows Caeser missed. It's really weird. Chapter 695 for reference.
brdgEeA.jpg

Plus, that goes against Oda's style. He doesn't kill them, he prefers to have their dreams destroyed as he considers it worse than death. That's straight from an SBS answer. Characters have survived worse over the course of the series. Pagaya got struck with lightning, you already mentioned Pell and the bomb. She's probably alive.

The stake very clearly went into her heart. It spurts blood. She coughs up blood and collapses. She's dead.

Edit: just noticed that you even see her heartbeat stop

Well we didn't see it actually getting stabbed.

There was the one panel after the 'stabbing' where CC is lying on the ground and the heart and the knife or whatever it was lying on the ground next to each other, implying that he only 'poked' it instead of stabbing properly.

Besides, we have Spandam and as you mentioned Pell still living, so...

This panel from the end of Punk Hazard shows Caeser missed. It's really weird. Chapter 695 for reference.
brdgEeA.jpg

Plus, that goes against Oda's style. He doesn't kill them, he prefers to have their dreams destroyed as he considers it worse than death. That's straight from an SBS answer. Characters have survived worse over the course of the series. Pagaya got struck with lightning, you already mentioned Pell and the bomb. She's probably alive.
one_piece_ch694_p12-edit.jpg

???

So you're saying Monet not only survived being stabbed in the heart but also managed to escape from Punk Hazard after it collapses to somehow find her heart, put it back in, and be good to go? Not sure if any other character has had to deal with shit like that. Vergo was also sliced up and couldn't defend himself from Punk Hazard collapsing.

I'm not saying it's impossible, it's Oda, but despite all of that I'm not sure what the point of even bringing her back would be regardless. Too much bullshit to go through.

If anyone's getting a cover story, my money is on Senor Pink.

Ray Down

Banned
Monet is as dead as Ace, even if she survived the stab/poke to the heart the subsequent explosion, Dolfa reaction and just being stranded on Punk Hazard with a hole in your heart she probably would have died slowly after it.

If the Yuki Yuki no Mi is on the ship maybe Nami could eat it.

If not she keep it hidden and sell the damn thing for mad money.

26501608141_de56eda805_o.gif

Yeah the interesting thing about the whole snow fruit thing is that we might actually find out next chapter. They gotta eat something, right? Just seems like a really interesting coincidence.

What a bomb if Nami ends up with it instead.

^love that gif Ray lol

Majukun

i think the whole starvation thing is gonna pay off when they are gonna attack like demons the various "tarte" because they are actually made of food..much like in punk hazard they did the same to get warm clothes

The starvation thing will come to a head once they reach Big Moms territory. Good luck seeing Luffy attempt a stealth rescue when he's hungry as shit and everything around him is edible.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well they don't have to eat Chopper they could have some nice:
-Turtle-Lion Soup
-Barbecue Jaguar
-Rabbit Stew good for cold days

They have options before the resort to Giant Smoked Reindeer.

Luffy can only cook meat with fire, so no stews or soups for them.

ryan13ts

Why the hell would the snow fruit be with them?

Devil Fruits apparently "reincarnate" in nearby fruits after the user of a DF dies. It happened to an apple near Smiley when he died, which was also the first time we saw this phenomena happen in the series.

Yeah, I totally think Monet is dead but I don't know if the Yuki Yuki no Mi was reborn in Nami's tangerines. There had to be closer fruit nearby on Punk Hazard than on the ship. It would be really cool if this were the case though, but I highly doubt Nami would want to eat it herself, since she seems to like swimming and gets annoyed when she has to rescue DF users on the crew from drowning. I don't think she could give it to her staff either, since I'm betting there's some weird process to do so and she probably wouldn't know how or think to do so.

What I want to know is how the hell Jack is still alive and just chilling on the bottom of the sea. He can't be a fishman can he? He doesn't look anything like one.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Devil Fruits apparently "reincarnate" in nearby fruits after the user of a DF dies. It happened to an apple near Smiley when he died, which was also the first time we saw this phenomena happen in the series.

Yeah, I totally think Monet is dead but I don't know if the Yuki Yuki no Mi was reborn in Nami's tangerines. There had to be closer fruit nearby on Punk Hazard than on the ship. It would be really cool if this were the case though, but I highly doubt Nami would want to eat it herself, since she seems to like swimming and gets annoyed when she has to rescue DF users on the crew from drowning. I don't think she could give it to her staff either, since I'm betting there's some weird process to do so and she probably wouldn't know how or think to do so.

What I want to know is how the hell Jack is still alive and just chilling on the bottom of the sea. He can't be a fishman can he? He doesn't look anything like one.

It's likely reborn in a fruit of the type it's supposed to be. Smiley was reborn in an apple because that's the type of fruit it is. Jesus's bag was likely filled with different kinds of fruits for this reason, so no matter what power he came across he'd be ready. That said, there's nothing really stopping this from happening.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!

I think it might be the GODAist thing ever if we found out he put those trees on the ship at the start of the series explicitly because he one day wanted to grow a devil fruit in one.

Of course he does, he looks almost identical to Hody. He has the trademark shark mouth under that mask.

Squishy3

I still don't know where all this snow-snow fruit stuff is coming from, when it's the Grand Line and it's not like rapid changes in weather have never been observed there before. :p

Big One

Banned
I still don't know where all this snow-snow fruit stuff is coming from, when it's the Grand Line and it's not like rapid changes in weather have never been observed there before. :p
Because the same snow bunnies that were used by Monet appeared in the water next to the Thousand Sunny as they were leaving the Punk Hazard. That's why people think the fruit power transferred over to Nami's tree.

Squishy3

Because the same snow bunnies that were used by Monet appeared in the water next to the Thousand Sunny as they were leaving the Punk Hazard. That's why people think the fruit power transferred over to Nami's tree.
Oh I thought people were talking about something that happened in the latest chapter.

He is probably a fishman. There are several types of them so he could be one that looks close to a human. People are guessing that he is a hybrid like Dellinger.

What chapter? I'm trying to check the end of Punk Hazard but I don't see it.

Big One

Banned
What chapter? I'm trying to check the end of Punk Hazard but I don't see it.
Chapter 700. Here's the panel:

u7O484W.png

It was even mentioned in an SBS and this is what ODA had to say:

Regarding Chapter 700... Oops...! Good evening, Odacchi! Regarding Chapter 700, while Luffy and the others are on the way to Dressrosa, we can see animals that look like sea rabbits. What does Law like to eat other than Onigiri? P.N. Hasumomo

Oda: Well, ummm, grilled fish! Alright, next question.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sold on the tangerine theory but Oda outright dodged that part of the question, while showing the actual panel the guy was asking about.

Majukun

u7O484W.png

Regarding Chapter 700... Oops...! Good evening, Odacchi! Regarding Chapter 700, while Luffy and the others are on the way to Dressrosa, we can see animals that look like sea rabbits. What does Law like to eat other than Onigiri? P.N. Hasumomo

it's a pun on the name of big waves in japanese if i remember correctly.

I wonder when we are going to get the explanation on how elemental damage works. Kin'emon has fire, Minks have electro. Possibly Brook has ice and Sanji fire. I thought that it was something to do with swords before the Minks used it hand to hand so even Luffy could learn elemental attacks. Fire or Lightning would make sense for Luffy. Fire because of the gear heating and Lightning because he is immune.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder when we are going to get the explanation on how elemental damage works. Kin'emon has fire, Minks have electro. Possibly Brook has ice and Sanji fire. I thought that it was something to do with swords before the Minks used it hand to hand so even Luffy could learn elemental attacks. Fire or Lightning would make sense for Luffy. Fire because of the gear heating and Lightning because he is immune.

Luffy has a fire elemental attack already.

Genryu

Banned

gomu-gomu-no-red-hawk-o.gif

Forgot about that. Like we might have assumed that red hawk was a side effect of armour haki training but what if it's something different that he hasn't trained at all?

What if there is some sort of logic like humans can use fire, minks can use electro, fishmen water and dead people can use ice?

ryan13ts

He is probably a fishman. There are several types of them so he could be one that looks close to a human. People are guessing that he is a hybrid like Dellinger.

That would make sense. It would also answer the a question that had bothered me since Fishman Island, which is could a Fishman that ate a DF still breathe underwater. If Jack is a hybrid, that that's a yes, although it seems that they're pretty much immobile but unharmed underwater.

And regarding the Yuki Yuki no mi, Oda showing us how Devil Fruits are reborn could have been timed perfectly with Monet's death to explain why there would be a DF on Nami's trees down the road. The sea bunnies and Oda's answer in SBS does lead a little crediance to the theory. I'm sure if it's real, we'll be finding out in the next few chapters since the crew is going to be starving soon thanks to Luffy.

Also, is Purrin the three eyed girl? The hair style looks different between the two, but I can't tell for sure otherwise, since Purrin's hair is covering where the other eye would be

Ray Down

Banned
Also, is Purrin the three eyed girl? The hair style looks different between the two, but I can't tell for sure otherwise, since Purrin's hair is covering where the other eye would be

UCuTcX9.png

They look pretty alike but she just wearing her hair different so so you can't see the third eye.

u7O484W.png

Is this a thing? So weird...

Though nami would really benefit from a fruit like that, tbh.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I still can't believe Pell survived a nuke to the face, and a funeral.

Like, what?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I still can't believe Pell survived a nuke to the face, and a funeral.

Like, what?

Top Five No Way, this Person is Alive?!?

5. Igaram. The original get exploded just kidding Robin saved him.
4. Gekko Moria. I mean come on, you know he's escaped death yet again.
3. Everyone Enel zorched in Skypiea. Just fine, thanks.
2. Pell. Got nuked. Is fine.
1. Arlong. I know that the Navy is right there but there's just no way with all those angry townsfolk around that he survived.

Squishy3

If someone's death isn't explicitly shown in probably gory detail they aren't dead.

Don't forget Bon Clay. He was stuck in an enclosed room with Magellan and the only reason Luffy survived was because of Ivankov

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If someone's death isn't explicitly shown in probably gory detail they aren't dead.

Don't forget Bon Clay. He was stuck in an enclosed room with Magellan and the only reason Luffy survived was because of Ivankov

I don't even remember Oda confirming he's alive, yet I know it in my heart that he is. Because Friendship.

Also Bon Clay is waay more deserving of any crew spot, he's done more for Luffy than practically anyone.

Ray Down

Banned
Is this a thing? So weird...

Though nami would really benefit from a fruit like that, tbh.

Yep, because if I remember right the only weather she can't generate is snow and I could see it bee versatile with her skill set.

Besides thats the only DF they need to have a complete set.

Top Five No Way, this Person is Alive?!?

5. Igaram. The original get exploded just kidding Robin saved him.
4. Gekko Moria. I mean come on, you know he's escaped death yet again.
3. Everyone Enel zorched in Skypiea. Just fine, thanks.
2. Pell. Got nuked. Is fine.
1. Arlong. I know that the Navy is right there but there's just no way with all those angry townsfolk around that he survived.

After surviving a beating by Kaido there nothing Dolfa and a bunch of PX-10 could do to kill him.

Squishy3

I don't even remember Oda confirming he's alive, yet I know it in my heart that he is. Because Friendship.

Also Bon Clay is waay more deserving of any crew spot, he's done more for Luffy than practically anyone.
He's the queen of Newkama Land in Impel Down now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom