• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting spoilers in tags is fine. People reacting to spoilers outside of spoiler tags is NOT fine. I don't care how vague you think you're being, I don't care if your post is literally just "Wow!!!," put it behind tags.

For example: "Does he have a new
something
" is awful, do not do things like this. Do not do anything.
I always leave on Wednesdays for this exact reason

LotusHD

Banned
Posting spoilers in tags is fine. People reacting to spoilers outside of spoiler tags is NOT fine. I don't care how vague you think you're being, I don't care if your post is literally just "Wow!!!," put it behind tags.

For example: "Does he have a new
something
" is awful, do not do things like this. Do not do anything.

Ohhhhhhhhhh man.
Fine.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So the next Death Battle is Ace vs Natsu from Fairy Tail. Sounds like they're throwing a bone to the Fairy Tail plebs that got butthurt over Erza losing.

caliph95

So the next Death Battle is Ace vs Natsu from Fairy Tail. Sounds like they're throwing a bone to the Fairy Tail plebs that got butthurt over Erza losing.
I'm getting all fired up
I'm doing for fairy tail
*NAKAMA punch*
Natsu wins

Done i just wrote your battle

Anth0ny

My most rabid days of being a One Piece fan, circa 2007:

-read text spoilers
-look at 3 or 4 shit quality spoiler pics
-read raw chapter even though I can't read Japanese
-read scanlation

not sure what I was on back then.

Ogodei

Natsu is ironically the one that's too OP out of Fairy Tail. Erza powered through things by sheer force of will, but Natsu just kept getting stronger.

Natsu is ironically the one that's too OP out of Fairy Tail. Erza powered through things by sheer force of will, but Natsu just kept getting stronger.
That man swallowed several things that should've supposedly killed him. Unless something changed with no consequences or side effects either

Edit:That Nami...Whoo

Ray Down

Banned
tumblr_ooaazj90V51tandono1_400.gif

jbug617

Banned
Speak of the devil:

OP Chapter 862:

Ch. 862
Jinbe tries to wake Luffy up, but he isn't showing any sings of waking.
Everyone cheers as A gigantic wedding cake is brought out.
As Big Mom's children surround the Vinsmokes' seats, Reiju prepares herself to die.
As Luffy finally wakes and heads towards the venue, the ceremony has begun.
Katakuri is bewildered as he sees the future where Pudding breaks down crying.

When Pudding shows Sanji her third eye, Sanji tells her in an air of wonder, "It's a beautiful eye"
Pudding breaks down crying and recalls her childhood where her third eye was a source of bullying, and even Big Mom was creeped out, so she was told to hide it with her bangs.

If Big Mom decides that Pudding is of no use, then she will signal Father to shoot Sanji.
Katakuri sees the future where Sanji dodges Father's shot, so he shoots at Sanji but Sanji avoids this shot by the skin of his teeth.

At the signal of Katakuri's shot, Luffy begins his entrance into the ceremony, and countless number of Luffy's come flying out of the wedding

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!

ODA NO!!!!!!!!!! Pudding needs to be punished.

Grexeno

Speak of the devil:

OP Chapter 862:

Ch. 862
Jinbe tries to wake Luffy up, but he isn't showing any sings of waking.
Everyone cheers as A gigantic wedding cake is brought out.
As Big Mom's children surround the Vinsmokes' seats, Reiju prepares herself to die.
As Luffy finally wakes and heads towards the venue, the ceremony has begun.
Katakuri is bewildered as he sees the future where Pudding breaks down crying.

When Pudding shows Sanji her third eye, Sanji tells her in an air of wonder, "It's a beautiful eye"
Pudding breaks down crying and recalls her childhood where her third eye was a source of bullying, and even Big Mom was creeped out, so she was told to hide it with her bangs.

If Big Mom decides that Pudding is of no use, then she will signal Father to shoot Sanji.
Katakuri sees the future where Sanji dodges Father's shot, so he shoots at Sanji but Sanji avoids this shot by the skin of his teeth.

At the signal of Katakuri's shot, Luffy begins his entrance into the ceremony, and countless number of Luffy's come flying out of the wedding

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
I called it (mostly)

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Damn,
sanji with the brutal attack on Pudding. Poor gal didn't even have a chance.

KageZero

So sanji coo is also impressive...
At the same time i'm happy and sad that everything is following the standard op story with pudding. Guess i should have even never doubt it, it is op after all.

Not particularly fond of Pudding's backstory. A third eye being such an issue in the freakshow that is the One Piece world? Otherwise, very hype, especially the end. They've caught Big Mom off guard.

Kain

Well there it is.

Though seeing as how the episode developed I'll wait a bit more to definitely jump on the Pudding wagon.

Metal B

Wow, this has to be the first time Sanji's cavalier actually worked.
What is going on with the Luffy clones. Some new ability or is it a trick. We know Nami can create doppelganger illusions. Damn cliffhanger!

Eh, not a fan of what Oda did with Pudding there. I guess it falls in line with the clues we were given with how she looked up to Lola, but still... Did we really need another emotionally abused woman in One Piece? Would have preferred to have been unrepentant til the end. And Sanji gets a win despite once again never changing or developing. Bleh, I dunno, I'm not feeling it. I'll mull it over and see how I feel later on, but right I'm down on the whole Pudding/Sanji thing.

Good thing we had Luffy's entrance, Katakuri's agency and Judge's complete cluelessness or this chapter would have been a dud for me unfortunately.

dan2026

I find it odd that everyone gave Pudding so much shit for her third eye considering the amount of weird people/creatures that live in Big Moms realm.
A third eye is positively normal.

Wow, this has to be the first time Sanji's cavalier actually worked.
What is going on with the Luffy clones. Some new ability or is it a trick. We know Nami can create doppelganger illusions. Damn cliffhanger!

Brulee can create clones with her power.
The other Luffys are presumably the other Straw Hats, Ceasar, Jimbe, etc.

SaniOYOYOY

I knew it there is more then meets the eye with pudding, so she was like bullied but rather than being a pussy she retaliate. her eye is creepy af tho

and katakuri hype as always

edit : this fuckingn guy even his eyelashes is fab

Veelk

Banned
This is lame as all hell, worse than what the spoilers even described it.

Pudding was always going to lose, but I just never pictured her falling apart within a nanosecond of being told a superficially nice thing. She's THAT emotionally fragile? Jeez.

This is pathetic, guys.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Sanji = GOAT

Wow...such an epic entrance next chapters will be wild hah.

Kain

Pudding was always going to lose, but I just never pictured her falling apart within a nanosecond of being told a superficially nice thing. She's THAT emotionally fragile? Jeez.

This is pathetic, guys.

This is why I'm​ cautious, what if she snaps and starts shooting randomly or something? This is just her first reaction, there's a high chance she'll go back to being evil and mean once the initial shock is passed.

bjork

This is pathetic, guys.

Have you ever dealt with someone suffering from a deep-seated emotional issue?*

*I am not inviting a 30-page thesis on the human condition or Oda's world building, I'm just asking a yes/no question, and not respond further.

GhostBed

This is pathetic, guys.

Yeah...I'm usually on the OP defense force, but that was pretty damn silly. Even by OP standards.

Pudding to be a SH ally confirmed...had hoped she was going to go rogue from Big Mom and become a separate threat. Oh well.

At least we finally get to see Sanji's observation haki put to use. A fight between him and Katakuri could be hype as fuck.

Excited to see how the rest of this wedding goes down. Feel like i have no idea where it could go so i'm really looking forward to the chaos.

Metal B

Eh, not a fan of what Oda did with Pudding there. I guess it falls in line with the clues we were given with how she looked up to Lola, but still... Did we really need another emotionally abused woman in One Piece? Would have preferred to have been unrepentant til the end. And Sanji gets a win despite once again never changing or developing.
Somebody else already said it once, One Piece is a comedy series, the main characters will not have huge changes in their characters. They have to make decisions, deal with the consequences and change their opinions, but they will stay the same people. Oda builds his stories around new characters. Those change and have arcs, while the Strawhats stay the same, since they are already great people with some flaws. it's the reason, the series could stay relevant this long.

Sanji cavalier act is a double-edged sword. Sometimes it makes him look like an idiot. He doesn't hit a woman, let them act freely and his lust makes it even worst. But at heart he actually is very sensitive and has a good understanding of woman, which is overshadowed by his desires again. Sanji doesn't need to change, he only needs somebody, who can calm him down.

Pudding is shown to be acting a lot. Maybe even her evil side is just an unconscious act, too. She plays a monster, since she believes anybody things of her as a monster, so she has to be one, right? This breakdown came out of nowhere, but those happen very often this way. The question is, can Sanji pull her over or not.

The situation is similar to Hitchcock's "Bomb under the table" scenario, just reversed. We the audience now, that there is a sensitive side of Pudding. If Sanji could touch this side again, maybe she could have a true change of hearts. I bet, there will be a battle about Pudding's soul at the end.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

*I am not inviting a 30-page thesis on the human condition or Oda's world building, I'm just asking a yes/no question, and not respond further.

People underestimate what little things can result in a mental breakdown of a person - especially if they have been keeping up with a different persona for years. Its diffrent for every person but it happens and her reaction isnt really unrealistic.

She grew up with Big Mom..was beaten, bullied and what else as a child. Chapter shows that she is a victim that had to play by their rules to survive.

Veelk

Banned
This is why I'm​ cautious, what if she snaps and starts shooting randomly or something? This is just her first reaction, there's a high chance she'll go back to being evil and mean once the initial shock is passed.

Even if that happens, the issue for me is that it happened like this at all. There were other ways to give pudding a weakness than breaking down in tears because someone didn't find her ugly.

Yes. And people who have such a condition that they immediately break down crying at the mere mention of it are... Well, pathetic. I don't mean that in a hateful, unsympathetic way as far as real people go, but what other term is there to describe someone whose that unfunctional?

Still, if you want to argue there is merit to depicting someone with that kind of problem, are you really gonna argue one piece is the series to do it?

Chances are, this is just a convenient way to make Pudding Sanji's actual waifu by having an emotional problem only he can fix by finding her eye beautiful. And that's probably about the extend of it.

This is why I'm​ cautious, what if she snaps and starts shooting randomly or something?

If this happens, she'll accidentally shoot Mother Caramel and be forced to leave Totland. Now hunted by her family, she seeks help from the only person who would consider her as family - Her husband, Sanji. And thus she joins the straw hats. Upon reaching Raftel, she uses her DF to erase the straw hats memories and make herself King of the Pirates.

There you go Pudding fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom