• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalvaPot

I guess what people liked about Pudding was that she was, well, irredemable, and there where very little hints of her having second thoughts before this, it can fell like a cop out.

Syntsui

I guess what people liked about Pudding was that she was, well, irredemable, and there where very little hints of her having second thoughts before this, it can fell like a cop out.
Unfortunately, Oda proved once again that for him, beautiful women can't be bad.

NSESN

But we've had several beautiful women who were bad, unless you're referring to Sanji and not Oda.

Yeah we had Kalifa, the girl with the weight fruit. He even made a ugly evil girl pretty with Alvida.
The problem isn't pretty girls being bad, and more about their fights being lame.

Edit: Forgot about Monet too.

Kornflayx

I knew that pudding would break down because of Sanji's kindness. Oda didn't write a lengthy flashback with the theme "Sanji is the kindest" without a reason.

LotusHD

Banned
Yeah we had Kalifa, the girl with the weight fruit. He even made a ugly evil girl pretty with Alvida.
The problem isn't pretty girls being bad, and more about their fights being lame.

Edit: Forgot about Monet too.

Yup.

I knew that pudding would break down because of Sanji's kindness. Oda didn't write a lengthy flashback with the theme "Sanji is the kindest" without a reason.

True.

caliph95

Monet almost killed Luffy to be fair and we had Boa hancock when she doesn't want to play with rubber but yeah the female fights do tend to be the lesser compared to other fights.

Red Fire

First it was 'women are not strong in one piece'. Now that we have big mom, one of the strongest pirates ever, we are coming to 'BEAUTIFUL women are not strong in one piece'? WTF, what's next?

Anyway chapter was lit. My man sanji finally shining, that glare was badass. Also i love katakuri, just everything about him is cool. Pudding redeeming herself? Hope so, fuck evil Pudding.

Yeah, also big mom's likes diversity...This is inconsistent characterisation on Oda's part.

There nothing inconsistent at all .
Big Mom treats here children as tools and she kill one with out a care in the world.
Plus for all we know she might have not know that pudding could read the writing back then .

Garbage twist. I knew that there was 0% chance of Oda actually giving Pudding the ass kicking she deserved. Just like Hancock, Pudding and all other traditionally sexy female antagonists will be defeated through love or mercy.

The rest of this chapter was so awesome, I really hate it being overshadowed by Oda's typical sexist BS. What an awful lesson to teach kids, that torture and attempted murder should be forgiven when the perp is a pretty lady.

Kreed

One Piece 862:

I still think this plan is going to go badly somewhere, but at least the "unexpected" things are going to go in the Straw Hat's favor so far. The Sanji + Pudding interaction in regards to her eye was a nice touch, especially thinking back to the Pudding flashback chapters and giving them meaning other than to fool the audience prior to Pudding revealing herself to be a villain.

Anteater

chapter 862

I guess if you put everything together about Pudding's past and the flashback scene with Lola it's kind of interesting, I'm thinking it did occur to Pudding to leave like Lola but since no one has ever liked her, and she's raised to hate her third eye, she saw no point to it.

There nothing inconsistent at all .
Big Mom treats here children as tools and she kill one with out a care in the world.
Plus for all we know she might have not know that pudding could read the writing back then .

Yeah if anything it's consistent with the theme in this arc where the major parental characters (Judge, Big Mom) are power hungry assholes who don't give a shit about their children, while Sanji and Pudding are sort of the victims, with both of them just gone down a different path.

Zero²

I wonder if we ever going to get a gay nakama, just a random thought.
Btw this chapter felt really intense, and about Pudding, it's ok but I could have been handled better, with more time I guess.

LotusHD

Banned
Garbage twist. I knew that there was 0% chance of Oda actually giving Pudding the ass kicking she deserved. Just like Hancock, Pudding and all other traditionally sexy female antagonists will be defeated through love or mercy

I know y'all mad and all, but like, we don't gotta make up stuff. We got Kalifa, Perona, Baroque members (the one with the spike DF), Monet, etc. There is a point to be made that the beautiful women in One Piece don't get roughed up enough, or there is an obvious lack of physical fights involving women (Please join the crew Carrot), but no, they have not all lost to love and/or mercy.

And only Sanji (maybe Franky too) would truly hesitate to kick a woman's ass.

I know y'all mad and all, but like, we don't gotta make up stuff. We got Kalifa, Perona, Baroque members, Monet, etc. There is a point to be made that the beautiful women in One Piece don't get roughed up enough, or there is an obvious lack of physical fights involving women (Please join the crew Carrot), but no, they have not all lost to love or mercy.

Kalifa got a sexy fanservice fight that left her looking a little scuffed up, but still pretty.
Perona was beaten by fake cockroaches.
Miss Valentine got punched a single time for a OHKO, but it was barely noteworthy.
Monet was spared by Zoro for being a woman in a very infamous encounter.

Normally, when Luffy declares he's going to kick someone's ass, you get a two-page spread of that person losing some teeth and gaining a swollen cheek. When it's a woman, you get the kind of BS we saw today.

Oda just can't do it. He truly considers pretty women to be special snowflakes. We saw it three arcs in a row now: Tashigi should just stop trying to compete with Zoro, Rebecca was better off wearing a dress than fighting, and Pudding just needed love and acceptance to cure her evil ways. I'd honestly prefer if Oda didn't have female characters at all, rather than spreading this malformed ideology.

I know y'all mad and all, but like, we don't gotta make up stuff. We got Kalifa, Perona, Baroque members (the one with the spike DF), Monet, etc. There is a point to be made that the beautiful women in One Piece don't get roughed up enough, or there is an obvious lack of physical fights involving women (Please join the crew Carrot), but no, they have not all lost to love and/or mercy.

latest

Y'all got a problem for real man just can't help it

LotusHD

Banned
Kalifa got a sexy fanservice fight that left her looking a little scuffed up, but still pretty.
Perona was beaten by fake cockroaches.
Miss Valentine got punched a single time for a OHKO, but it was barely noteworthy.
Monet was spared by Zoro for being a woman in a very infamous encounter.

Normally, when Luffy declares he's going to kick someone's ass, you get a two-page spread of that person losing some teeth and gaining a swollen cheek. When it's a woman, you get the kind of BS we saw today.

Oda just can't do it. He truly considers pretty women to be special snowflakes. We saw it three arcs in a row now: Tashigi should just stop trying to compete with Zoro, Rebecca was better off wearing a dress than fighting, and Pudding just needed love and acceptance to cure her evil ways. I'd honestly prefer if Oda didn't have female characters at all, rather than spreading this malformed ideology.

I just simply wanted to refute what you initially said, that they've all lost to love and/or mercy.

And regarding Monet, I meant more the fact that she got stabbed in the heart and left for dead.

caliph95

You surprised? Look how much pudding was talked about in this thread. Now the hyperbole is coming.

Should've backed carrot
Why would i back thrash

At least Veeik isn't here, no offense to him he is on the right team and he can have interesting comments but he is not going to help here

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
You surprised? Look how much pudding was talked about in this thread. Now the hyperbole is coming.

Should've backed carrot

Don't overhype a character, you'll just be disappointed.
It's why I'm on the tiny "Don't care who's going to be part of the crew" boat.

dabig2

I'm whatever about Pudding. I just find it hard to believe that Sanji is the first to complement her eye when we know she and Lola had some sort of relationship, and I bet Lola would have been absolutely friendly and complemented her 3rd eye in the past.

But anyways, decent chapter. Now that all the bullshit is out of the way, we can get to the real hijinks.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
This is more or less what I expected to happen. Not explicitly with the eye, but Pudding being overcome by Sanji's chivalry in whatever sense. Stupid, but not too surprising.

I dunno how Brule got all those Luffy-animals in that cake though.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I think Brulee turned the strawhats to luffy and they just jumped into the cake

Well, look at the faces on those Luffys. They look pretty similar to the ones in the woods, they've all got animal expressions. Sharp teeth, monkey face, bird face. Plus there's way more of them than there are available Straw Hats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom