• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

dan2026

Hmm I wonder if there is some history about the bigotry against people with three eyes that we dont know. As it stands it is a bit odd in Totland of all places.

I find it amusingly ironic that Katakuri' s precognitive powers worked against him.
If he hadn't decided to throw the jelly bean the priest might of got his shot in.

marmoka

Banned
Honestly I don't get all this critizicism for Pudding. She's been told for the first fucking time in her life, that her third eye is beautiful. Every people's reaction in this world would have been similar in a situation like this. You guys have no empathy at all.

And about the chapter... I loved this!! Young creepy Pudding holding a bloody knife. Her reaction after Sanji telling her her eye is beautiful. Luffy not waking up. Dogstorm's reaction. Luffy clones,...

I cannot wait for next week.

Spinx

Hmm I wonder if there is some history about the bigotry against people with three eyes that we dont know. As it stands it is a bit odd in Totland of all places.

I find it amusingly ironic that Katakuri' s precognitive powers worked against him.
If he hadn't decided to throw the jelly bean the priest might of got his shot in.

Katakuri predicted the priest would miss.

Veelk

Banned
Honestly I don't get all this critizicism for Pudding. She's been told for the first fucking time in her life, that her third eye is beautiful. Every people's reaction in this world would have been similar in a situation like this. You guys have no empathy at all.

I can assure you with 100% certainty that no, not every person would. And it's not even a matter of empathy. Some people....many people, really...just have emotional stability more resilient than fiber glass.

And that's kind of the problem as I see it. Pudding has made her scene being the brutal manipulator of emotions. She probes for weaknesses, targets sentimentality, then goes for the kill. But at the slightest and most superficial turn on her, she breaks like an egg? Just...ugh.

Edit: and it has to be emphasized how shallow this is. Sanji is just continuing to act out his "I will worship anything with a vagina" gag. As far as he knows, Pudding was still evilly going to work out her plan. Nothing whatsoever changed between the characters since he eavesdropped on Pudding back then. He's literally just making an idle comment like he would to any other girl for any other reason in any given situation. And that's what does her in?

The lameness of it is killing me.

Seesaw15

The Pudding meltdowns in this thread.
giphy.gif

original.gif

55171d3cf3e0ff7cf63d435ffbfe9c8d.gif

tumblr_lvjscnc2q51r2zdzi.gif

7290c552582ceaef52ed0f7b16ad3ea9.jpg

So the madness begins can't wait to see where this goes.
As for pudding she was shock someone did not think her 3rd eye was ugly .
The only question is how much Oda going make this effect her.

Also people are acting like children need some deep reason to bullied someone .
They all have 2 eyes and pudding has 3 eyes so she is the odd person out .
They make fun of her and abuse her and big mom hardly seem to give a fuck so that was how it was for her for .

I don't see any meltdowns? A good portion knew already from reading spoilers I assume. Besides that y'all not about to take away the sanji redemption start from me with this nonsense

Aw man..Ima just bust out the sanji lotion on reddit it's about to get dark in here.

Syntsui

Oda fucked up bad with this Pudding situation to be honest, I didn't expect such a stupid plot point from him.

Anyway, what is that kagebushin shenanigan?

caliph95

I also didn't really care for this development from pudding, everything else was fine. Just came out of nowhere and i know it's one piece and all but what's the word i guess contrived

Edit: Also it's weird that that would cause a problem not all the wacky charcetrs and design which are weirder than her third eye

I also didn't really care for this development from pudding, everything else was fine. Just came out of nowhere and i know it's one piece and all but what's the word i guess contrived

Edit: Also it's weird that that would cause a problem not all the wacky charcetrs and design which are weirder than her third eye

It don't matter if there weirder or wacky characters there.
She is the only human type character with 3 eyes on the island and other children make fun of her.
It rather simple truth be told.

TheFlow

Banned
I am so glad I didn't read spoilers for this chapter.

SANJI THE MVP! what a guy. ruined big moms plan just by being himself, and still dodging all of that.

LotusHD

Banned
It was admittedly kinda lame considering all the various alternatives that could've happened, but I liked it,
especially if this miraculously lead to Pudding joining the crew. Won't get my hopes up though
. Found it amusing that even has a child Pudding didn't hesitate to stab someone that talked shit. But she is Big Mom's daughter after all...

But yea, her third eye being a source of ridicule in One Piece of all places is pretty amusing. But I guess not everyone is as inclusive as the Straw Hats...

Actually, is she the first character that has been ridiculed for their looks? I don't recall it ever happening before. I mean, I guess a third eye is still freaky no matter what, but eh... Only barely plausible just because Big Mom's family never seemed like an anchor of emotional support to begin with, and that telling her to just grow bangs is a convenient way to not have to look at it.

But then again, Big Mom is the same person that is just fine with her children settling shit through violence, and her whole schtick is to collect interesting creatures/people of all races.. And she's even relying on Pudding's third eye, so really, why be disgusted about it...

Also glad Sanji didn't fuck up things, though for those who despise his character, I can see it being frustrating that his chivalry got rewarded even in spite of him dealing with someone willing to kill him a few minutes ago.

Also the wedding panel was really beautiful.

Yeah, not fond of the execution, but at least Sanji got some semblance of respect towards the end with that dodge.

The third eye being an issue is lame, I agree, given that we have other people in the world that are just as strange. That seems fairly ordinary, especially since it's a regular eye and not some super deformed eye. Brook walks around dead as shit, but not even the regular citizens bat an eyelid at that. What, do they just assume it's a devil fruit at work and become cool with it?

Her breaking down feels a unnecessary. I think pausing for too long would have been fine enough. Big Mom would just get impatient and order the Priest to do it.

Syntsui

Let's not act like Sanji's observation haki is not top tier in the world right now.

Not even the guy that can see the future could expect his moves.

SalvaPot

Wait, people think Pudding reacting as she did was silly? Come on now, all most resentful psychopaths want is a bit of love =(.

Eh, it works in the context of One Piece. Monster Child, raised by Monster Mom and under dozens of siblings. And Sanji is so earnest in his stupidity you have to believe him. It works for me.

convo

But yea, her third eye being a source of ridicule in One Piece of all places is pretty amusing. But I guess not everyone is as inclusive as the Straw Hats...

Despite what Big Mom says she doesn't give a shit about raising her kids, she just lets them go wild and didn't care if they stabbed each other. Distrust and garbage relationships inside the family are the norm. Turns out when it comes to shitty plans,since both Big Moms and Capone's plans were lackluster in certain aspects, the team with slightly higher trust in each other got the upper hand at the start at least.

LotusHD

Banned
Wait, people think Pudding reacting as she did was silly? Come on now, all most resentful psychopaths want is a bit of love =(.

Eh, it works in the context of One Piece. Monster Child, raised by Monster Mom and under dozens of siblings. And Sanji is so earnest in his stupidity you have to believe him. It works for me.

Not silly, just a little lame.

Despite what Big Mom says she doesn't give a shit about raising her kids, she just lets them go wild and didn't care if they stabbed each other. Distrust and garbage relationships inside the family are the norm. Turns out when it comes to shitty plans,since both Big Moms and Capone's plans were lackluster in certain aspects, the team with slightly higher trust in each other got the upper hand at the start at least.

I know, I just thought for some reason she'd have a distorted mindset of "Be true to yourself", except ya know, also feel free to settle your differences with violence or murder. But it does make sense that if Big Mom thinks something is ugly, she doesn't give a fuck that you're her daughter, she'll let you know.

I can just imagine puddings tribe being one of those up for sell. Most races like that in one piece get treated that way idk what y'all are on about

I shouldn't get sucked into this convo...was a hype chapter to see sanji get some W in a form

HabeeNo

Sanji being Sanji saved the day

What are the chances for Pudding to join now guys? Was never on the train since I always thought Jinbe was the one, but this chapter might change things lol

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Aw yeah, now that's a chapter!
I'm not disappointed with Pudding since I didn't act like an idiot about her, overhyping her.
Oda did say that Sanji's specialty is Observation Haki, so seeing him dodge Katakuri's future vision like that was badass.
Luffy's entrance is top tier. All of the Luffys!

LotusHD

Banned
well pudding has no choice but to run away now that she ruined the plan.

Hmm...

Aw yeah, now that's a chapter!
I'm not disappointed with Pudding since I didn't act like an idiot about her, overhyping her.
Oda did say that Sanji's specialty is Observation Haki, so seeing him dodge Katakuri's future vision like that was badass.
Luffy's entrance is top tier. All of the Luffys!

What does this even mean...

NSESN

So Luffy blew up the cake and ate it at the same time, everyone was right.
And I totally called Pudding not shoting.
TeamPudding wins

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
The good:
  • Katakuri's precognition backfiring rather than simply not working or succeeding
  • Sanji still being able to dodge Katakuri's attack
  • Katakuri being helped versus Luffy's ridiculousness.

The bad:
  • Sanji's chivalry once again warming the heart of a pretty evil girl, all while the ugly girl remains evil

Nibel

First off, I would differentiate between Horny Sanji and Real Sanji. For the most time all we see is Horny Sanji being a complete moron, but this chapter showed a short glimpse of Real Sanji who instead of perv'ing around says what he actually feels

Pudding was able to handle Horny Sanji without any problems (as most women in OP do), but when he switched to being Real Sanji she realized that change as well which probably made that compliment feel even more genuine to her.
And.. I know people who were/are extremely insecure about parts of themselves, and while it's kinda lame that Oda uses this seemingly too often, it's just the truth for a lot of cases; sometimes someone can say the perfect thing at the perfect moment and it just changes everything for a person

Other than that:
- Good pacing, Oda ain't fucking around
- Luffy just started another war by blowing up that huge ass cake lmao

NSESN

I don't think Pudding's reaction is unreasonable. It also explains why she usally doesn't show her eye to anyone besides Big Mom.
It also makes Big Mom a better villain imo. She is a bad parent that makes people bad parents too.
I wonder if Pudding brainwashed her siblings to make them forget about her eye. I wouldn't be surprise if Lola was the only one to treat her nice.

I know it won't work after I went thru all that trouble (took 20 seconds but still)
Aha got it!

tumblr_oockei7ZS91w8n8zko1_1280.jpg

As much I like Pudding, GinxSanji still is the best pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom