• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

I know it's a shonen and One piece i don't think any of them can take on one of the commanders solo except for Luff. I doubt Big mama will have a conventional defeat either. I can be wrong though

NSESN

Dofla was a tank, the problem is that he was really slow too. If he was faster he could beat Luffy without problem imo.

Veelk

Banned
Dofla was a tank, the problem is that he was really slow too. If he was faster he could beat Luffy without problem imo.

He technically did.

Gear 4 Luffy punched him into a cliff and he was knocked out for a bit. But as Luffy was going to finish him off, he ran out of steam and then fell over, and Doflamingo woke up a few moments later.

Had things been allowed to proceed as normal, Doflamingo would have came upon an utterly helpless Luffy. It's only because of Dressrosa citizens playing keep-away with Luffy that he was able to recover and make hte final blow.

Since Luffy only won through a third party intervention, I'd say Doflamingo technically beat Luffy (or was the stronger fighter or however you want to parse it), even if he was defeated at the end.

Veelk

Banned
I wish I could still count myself amongst Pudding's legion.

But she has fallen in my eyes. Brought down low by a weak and ineffective non-attack. From Sanji.

Sometimes, I feel like Oda writes in a such a way just to spite me.

Someone in the thread mentioned that there will be a new character popularity poll released next week right?

Any bets on the top ten? Does Luffy keep his #1 spot streak?

Ray Down

Banned
Someone in the thread mentioned that there will be a new character popularity poll released next week right?

Any bets on the top ten? Does Luffy keep his #1 spot streak?

Yeah that was me.

as it comes for places you can expect at 5 strawhats in the top 10.

#1 Luffy (Will always be #1)
Zoro
Sanji (Who may actually pass Zoro in the popularity poll for once)
Nami (Most popular Female)
Chopper (Mascot)

Other characters I guess Sabo, Law and or Ace will be there an I think Boa or Bart will be there since they were near the end last time.

I imagine Pudding, Carrot, Pedro, BM and maybe Cracker and capone will be in the top 20.

The previous polls, for reference

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

Sanji stands a real chance of getting more votes than Zoro for the first time.

EDIT: I knew Luffy was always number 1 but it's interesting to see how wide the gap can be.

I want Pudding to become a loving and committed wife to Sanji while still being unrepentantly evil.

The next time Sanji and Zoro meet again and Zoro insults Sanji, Pudding proceeds to poison Zoro's dessert.

Sanji is horrified. If the desert is poisoned, then no one can eat it and she's wasting food!

No need to fret, Pudding tells him. It's a slow-acting poison so he'll be able to eat the whole thing before he falls over dead.

dan2026

Carrot front and (almost) centre.

As it should be.

As to the character polls, I find it slightly odd Luffy is constant number one.
Don't get me wrong I like Luffy well enough, but he would never be my number one character.
And I bet most people on here would say the same.

I assume the polls are swayed by young kids who vote Luffy just cuz.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

As it should be.

Don't get me wrong I like Luffy well enough, but he would never be my number one character.

It's actually impressive, off the top of my head I don't remember a ton of series where the actual main character is the most popular character.

Also ugh Oda don't put Nami on the cover in that horrible hand me down outfit.

As it should be.

Fuck no. Luffy is by far and away the best character in One Piece. Nami is my fave but I always add an asterisk that says BESIDES Luffy.

Luffy is the heart and soul of the series. Them being late at the wedding? All on Luffy. Luffy refusing to leave where he fought Sanji? FIGHTING ALL NIGHT? Luffy trying to rip his arm off? Luffy going on food strike? Who has the best moments? Luffy. Who has the created the most powerful moments in One Piece? Luffy. Luffy vs Usopp. TELL ME YOU WANT TO LIVE. The entire situation on Amazon Lily. His mecha love. Stabbing himself with a knife. The hat. Who is it most of us originally got on this train to see the ending for? Luffy becoming the king of the Pirates from literally page two. On any arc, even this one with Sanji and Pudding, who always has the best moments or at least had a hand in creating the best moments? Luffy.

Luffy is the best One Piece character and I'm not really having any other answer. He's the glue to the series. He offers comedy relief, but when the series calls for it, as seen in this arc, is the main source of most any serious conflict of drama and pathos. Whose heart felt broken when they saw Luffy starve? While he doesn't change much, he doesn't really have to.

The other characters are great and all, but remember that this is Luffy's ship. His popularity isn't shocking at all. Easily the funniest, most memorable, lovable character in the series. I honestly don't think any character has done anything to deserve taking Luffy's spot on this poll. If you conducted the same poll in this thread you'd get the same result probably. You'd probably have to have two polls: one with Luffy, one without.

Why the internet gotta be so salty if zoro dodged that shot everybody be busting out the lotion nd baby wipes. Sanji does it. Meh it's basically like dodging a bullet.
(Not you guys) just seeing it on multiple sites

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I want Pudding to become a loving and committed wife to Sanji while still being unrepentantly evil.

The next time Sanji and Zoro meet again and Zoro insults Sanji, Pudding proceeds to poison Zoro's dessert.

Sanji is horrified. If the desert is poisoned, then no one can eat it and she's wasting food!

No need to fret, Pudding tells him. It's a slow-acting poison so he'll be able to eat the whole thing before he falls over dead.
Sure.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I kinda wished sanji did a double dodge

Priest shoots sanji dodges
Katakuri foreseing this shoots at sanji and sanji dodges again

What's funny is Zoro has been on cruise control the entire new world. Usopp can have God level Haki but Sanji can't get be given a bone? Makes no sense.
That's what happens when oda puts sanji in terrible situations over and over again.

He had his body blasted before hand by ceaser but nobody remembers that part of the Vergo fight

He didn't know his powers and his captain needed the entire country's help but nobody remembers that part only that mingo kicked his ass

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I think what I like is "dogtooth" is basically shown that his future seeing ability isn't as perfect as we all were led to believe.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I think what I like is "dogtooth" is basically shown that his future seeing ability isn't as perfect as we all were led to believe.
It seems fine..

He saw sanji dodging the preist shot but could not see the future of him not hitting sanji

Katakuri changed the future by shooting at sanji
Thus rendering the future he saw being obsolete

And no one can predict 100 luffy's

Kornflayx

Sanji has to show something this time. He's basically the only one who hasn't had a significant power up. Bust out that Okama Kenpo Sanji

I am not a sanji fan, but he dodging Katakuri is more impressive than anything Zoro did post timeskip.

I don't see why. He just dodged a normal attack that worked like a gun.

It's consistent from the very start. He sees a future that he has no part of. If he doesn't intervene, that future happens just as he saw it. If he intervenes, then that future (the only one he can see) is no longer relevant.

It seems better for defensive purposes.

LotusHD

Banned
I am not a sanji fan, but he dodging Katakuri is more impressive than anything Zoro did post timeskip.

Ehh...

In terms of utter coolness and flashiness, I disagree. (destroying Pica in the nick of time, almost ending the FI early by damaging Hody, underwater no less) But he did dodge an attack from a Yonko's top pirate that can see the future, which is pretty cool...

Imagine if Zoro cut Doffy's strings. Zoro fans would never shut up about it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom