• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
Anything is better than debating feats!

I had my fill of that back in the OBD.

Also I wonder where all the new characters will place this arc in the PP?

Ray Down

Banned
Carrot will be in top 10

I don't know if she can pull a Law or Barto or hell Hancock.

Barto is basically an over hyped fan so of course fans will love that and Law got a cool design that got in high when he first show up and basically was the 2nd main in Dressrosa so it makes sense to be their.

If Carrot makes it into the top 10 I will be all the more dismissive of her being held up to a palpably undeserving pedestal and Jinbei is still not in the top 30.

I don't know if she can pull a Law or Barto.

Barto is basically an over hyped fan so of course fans will love that and Law got a cool design that got in high when he first show up and basically was the 2nd main in Dressrosa so it makes sense to be their.

If Carrot makes it into the top 10 I will be all the more dismissive of her being held up to a palpably undeserving pedestal and Jinbei is still not in the top 30.
Jinbei is trash that's why if not top 10 she'll be insanely close bank on it

Ray Down

Banned
If she ranks higher than Shanks I will lose my shit!

Also I assume all the other straw hats will suffer a bit due to over a year of no screen time though I doubt it will Affect Zoro so much.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Volume 85 Cover

C9XuiWjUQAElG46.jpg

Viz is what, 3 volumes behind now?

Red Fire

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Caesar is probably the best part of the anime post punk hazard. His disguises make me laugh every time. The way the strawhats treat him, hilarious. I even love some of the stuff between him and the minks last arc.

Caesar just wants to go back to his cushy Nazi science job and running scams on various underworld power brokers!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
You always want the leads as the most popular character. Look at what fucking happened to Bleach. It's good that He's one, with Zoro and Sanji being 2 and 3.

caliph95

Caesar is probably the best part of the anime post punk hazard. His disguises make me laugh every time. The way the strawhats treat him, hilarious. I even love some of the stuff between him and the minks last arc.

Caesar just wants to go back to his cushy Nazi science job and running scams on various underworld power brokers![
Is that so wrong , he just wants a sorta quiet life of torture and human experimentation.

NSESN

I am not tryig to pick a fight about feats, I even said that Sanji was jobbing some weeks ago. It is just that everything has been so easy to Zoro that diminishes his feats. I want epic moments like Asura mode and cutting Daz bones back. He cutting Pica was nice but wasn't a "holy shit" moment like Sanji dodging a bullet from someone tha can see into the future.
About pools I think Luffy wins not only because of his huge fanbase, but also because he doesn't have as many haters as Zoro and Sanji.

You always want the leads as the most popular character. Look at what fucking happened to Bleach. It's good that He's one, with Zoro and Sanji being 2 and 3.

I notice that popularity polls will often skew towards the cooler, more serious "angular characters.

Ichigo was on top for the first three polls but in the fourth and last one was bumped down to three under Hitsugaya and Rukia.

There aren't many Dragonball polls available but Vegeta and (Teen) Gohan have overtaken Goku.

Naruto would win 3 of the 7 character polls and constantly lost to either Kakashi (Kakashi even won the first character poll) or Sasuke.

In YYH, Hiei would beat Yusuke

In Hunter X Hunter, Killua would always beat Gon.

Hasn't happened yet with One Piece even with strong contenders like Zoro or Law.

Red Fire

I am not tryig to pick a fight about feats, I even said that Sanji was jobbing some weeks ago. It is just that everything has been so easy to Zoro that diminishes his feats. I want epic moments like Asura mode and cutting Daz bones back. He cutting Pica was nice but wasn't a moment like Sanji dodging a bullet from someone tha can see into the future.
About pools I think Luffy wins not only because of his huge fanbase, but also because he doesn't have as many haters as Zoro and Sanji.

Zorro beat a freakin fishman underwater. That is and will always be one of the most impressive feats in one piece ever. Me and my friends always come back to that moment and say that it can hardly be beaten in terms of overpowered feats.
Hody might not be that powerful but he was still one of the strongest fishmen PLUS underwater where they get 100000x stronger (+ if i remember correctly he was on a bunch of steroids). Destroying hody there was just nuts.

Carrot front and (almost) centre.

As it should be.

As to the character polls, I find it slightly odd Luffy is constant number one.
Don't get me wrong I like Luffy well enough, but he would never be my number one character.
And I bet most people on here would say the same.

I assume the polls are swayed by young kids who vote Luffy just cuz.

Speak for yourself. Luffy has always been, and will probably stay as, my #1
male
OP character.

I notice that popularity polls will often skew towards the cooler, more serious "angular characters.

Ichigo was on top for the first three polls but in the fourth and last one was bumped down to three under Hitsugaya and Rukia.

There aren't many Dragonball polls available but Vegeta and (Teen) Gohan have overtaken Goku.

Naruto would win 3 of the 7 character polls and constantly lost to either Kakashi (Kakashi even won the first character poll) or Sasuke.

In YYH, Hiei would beat Yusuke

In Hunter X Hunter, Killua would always beat Gon.

Hasn't happened yet with One Piece even with strong contenders like Zoro or Law.

One of the reasons why One Piece is significantly better than Naruto and Bleach and why Luffy is always #1 is because Oda does such a good job of making Luffy the heart and soul of the narrative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom