• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm gonna share a thought i had earlier. I've been setting up my wii u to play gamecube games via nintendont lately. So i've been seeing snapshots of where one piece was at various years, just by seeing what was included in the various games they made. One game in particular, battle stadium DON, has sanji playable. And one of his moves was that awesome series of handsprings into a flying straight kick they lifted from his fight in the groggy ring. I also had gotten to rewatch the anime adaptation of sanji v mr 2 around that time, with what i still consider to be one of the best bits of animation toei ever put into the series.

These kinds of cool acrobatics, with the whole gimmick of "i'll my use hands to stand so i can do even more ridiculous kicking" is now lost and we probably won't see much of it anymore. What incentive does he have to pull that kinda thing when he can just fly at will. Part of what was cool about sanji was his fighting style and the inherent creativity you need to use in order to fight exclusively with what normally has an entirely different body function than to strike. I hope Oda will follow through on making this the year of sanji, but also the rest of whom vanished for the greater part of the last two years.
Problem with this is I can't agree or disagree with what your saying because I haven't seen a one on one fight actually end with sanji yet. The only strawhats to fight so far have been(no I'm not counting Fi) luffy,zoro and franky.

I'm gonna share a thought i had earlier. I've been setting up my wii u to play gamecube games via nintendont lately. So i've been seeing snapshots of where one piece was at various years, just by seeing what was included in the various games they made. One game in particular, battle stadium DON, has sanji playable. And one of his moves was that awesome series of handsprings into a flying straight kick they lifted from his fight in the groggy ring. I also had gotten to rewatch the anime adaptation of sanji v mr 2 around that time, with what i still consider to be one of the best bits of animation toei ever put into the series.

These kinds of cool acrobatics, with the whole gimmick of "i'll my use hands to stand so i can do even more ridiculous kicking" is now lost and we probably won't see much of it anymore. What incentive does he have to pull that kinda thing when he can just fly at will. Part of what was cool about sanji was his fighting style and the inherent creativity you need to use in order to fight exclusively with what normally has an entirely different body function than to strike. I hope Oda will follow through on making this the year of sanji, but also the rest of whom vanished for the greater part of the last two years.

I don't recall the manga, but in the anime Sanji used that acrobatics to fight the fodder fishmen in the anime. But yeah, that doesn't really count as much. Like Black Leg said, Sanji didn't have a serious fight yet.

I thought this would be the Vergo fight where Sanji punks out and get his bone cracked.

Don't forget that Sanji's body was already damaged by Nami's accident when she was inside it.

I love the Sanji jokes but for the record, I wanna put it out there that I love Sanji and I do think he's really badass. Not as badass as Luffy or Zoro, but I love the way he fights, the way he thinks and the way he dresses. Definitely a team player.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
On the flip side oda has to constantly make zoro do badass things so people don't forget about him

on the other side... Sanji has done nothing of note.

Zoro beating a fishman in water. Not seen before
Sanji? Almost Dies. Sure he can walk in the air but we've seen that before with CP9

Zoro cuts Giant stone man, attemts to push birdcage
Sanji? Surrenders

Sure..until the chapter comes out and we get some germa exposition. Pick a topic any topic

rs_500x307-141204124317-tumblr_m5h32oA5if1qg9f9k.gif

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
NO, BAD

Ship-Sinking%255B1%255D.jpg

I think Sanji is the ultimate wingman character. He's at his best when he's taking out someone important who's not necessarily the big bad, going off on his own while everyone else is occupied, slipping behind the scenes and doing his thing off screen, that kind of thing. Sanji infiltrating Maxim, Sanji on the sea train, Sanji vs. Wanze, Sanji being the first to break Tekkai, Sanji being the one to see Robin off, Sanji opening the gates of justice. I think out of any other Straw Hat he has the closest bonds to the rest of the crew, other than maybe Robin's who were reinforced post-joining. He's not the top dog of the team but if he was he wouldn't be as cool as he is the way that he is.

I also love how despite his perversion he actually has a very pure soul at times, like when he volunteers to go against Kuma for the rest of his crew (and now we know why he did that and thought he meant something) and how he gets along so well with the innocent and naive Chopper.

Also, this scene always gets me because it's when his true character shines through for the first time:

"Hey, have you ever heard of All Blue?"

HZxBmMn.png

Sol, you inspired me to suddenly do write-ups for all the straw hats. Why do I get these inspirations at midnight when I have a lot of shit to do.

Thanks man.

I'm going to do them tomorrow

Oh shit this image. Non spanish speakers should check in google translate what "corrida" means.

I know, I'm spanish xD

Please check what it means other than bullfighting (I'll spoiler tag it just in case to not ruin the surprise)

it can be translated as cumshot. We childish spaniards have a lot of fun when foreigners come and tell us they've been in a corrida. It's juvenile and stupid, I know, but it's oh so fun.

That's why we recommend to say "He estado en una corrida de toros". If you only say "corrida"....

Wow.

Five bucks says Oda did that on purpose though. Payback at his editor for not letting him do the nipple pun on Green Bit.

Samemind

It only just occurred to me that Sanji's habit of sneaking off and doing something behind the scenes to screw up the enemy plans might be due to his heritage as a member of a family of assassins.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
New scan shows that
Lucci and Spandam
will appear in One Piece Film Gold.

Freaking megaton.
Coby and Helmeppo also appeared in a movie before the series. In their post-timeskip forms, I mean.

Play One Piece Burning Blood demo. Gear 4 Luffy is awesome with his sound effects
Gebp9Ei.jpg
After hours of that demo and playing the Jpn version I can confirm this is only good for fan service as a fighter its broken as hell but it stays true to the characters that I can say.

Hell kuma has a one hit ko move

NO, BAD

Ship-Sinking%255B1%255D.jpg

I think Sanji is the ultimate wingman character. He's at his best when he's taking out someone important who's not necessarily the big bad, going off on his own while everyone else is occupied, slipping behind the scenes and doing his thing off screen, that kind of thing. Sanji infiltrating Maxim, Sanji on the sea train, Sanji vs. Wanze, Sanji being the first to break Tekkai, Sanji being the one to see Robin off, Sanji opening the gates of justice. I think out of any other Straw Hat he has the closest bonds to the rest of the crew, other than maybe Robin's who were reinforced post-joining. He's not the top dog of the team but if he was he wouldn't be as cool as he is the way that he is.

I also love how despite his perversion he actually has a very pure soul at times, like when he volunteers to go against Kuma for the rest of his crew (and now we know why he did that and thought he meant something) and how he gets along so well with the innocent and naive Chopper.

Also, this scene always gets me because it's when his true character shines through for the first time:

"Hey, have you ever heard of All Blue?"

HZxBmMn.png
Yes.

jbug617

Banned
How does it play? Haven't downloaded it yet.

fan service is great. They did good with the art style especially when you use the special moves.

I need more time to learn the combo system but I think it's going to be a good game if you are a One Piece fan.

fan service is great. They did good with the art style especially when you use the special moves.

I need more time how to use the combo system right but I think it's going to be a good game if you are a One Piece fan.
The logia system adds a nice layer to the combat I'll give it that. Getting rekt by a combo only to go intangible mid combo is great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom