• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the new chapter up in us Un two or so days what are your guys predictions:

-Jinbei makes an appearance?
-Reiju and Yonji arrive at WCI?
-More crew shenanigans?
-Sanji meets Purine face to face and faints?
Jinbei shenanigans
-sanji arrives to whole cake island with the two bros waiting.

..that's all I got

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I wanna see more Vinsmokes.

Finally managed to catch up on the most recent chapter. I'm just absolutely loving this arc so far.

I like that the setup to the conflict feels very different then most OP arcs. Feels like there's an entire worlds worth of stuff going on.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Finally managed to catch up on the most recent chapter. I'm just absolutely loving this arc so far.

I like that the setup to the conflict feels very different then most OP arcs. Feels like there's an entire worlds worth of stuff going on.

Because it is:

Ray Down

Banned
I'm the captain!

You can stay for as long as you wish, son. But you better start planning your re-reading of OP.

Maybe I will this Alma Torran arc and the shit before is garbage.

Its that feeling of end game we are the closest we have ever been, all the big players are coming out and we are finding out more about them and there forces.

New groups with the Germa 66 & Minks are/were being introduced and Sanji finally important.

Plus all the strawhats that weren't at Dressrosa (Nami, Brook and Chopper) are getting spotlight.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I feel like every time Oda shakes up "the formula" it's for the better by far, as much as I love the formula of go to new island -> find out island's gimmick -> save island.

Nami going to Arlong Park ahead of time, group splitting in two with one half remaining behind in Baratie and the other going after her.

Luffy splitting up from his crew to get a temporary "crew" of villains for Impel Down and Marineford.

Zou's major conflict being conveyed through a flashback and the group splitting in two with one half going to Wano and the other to Whole Cake Island.

All great, great stuff.

Kater

Banned
Zero²;204536598 said:
Hey there, Robin is the single best character in all One Piece. Now if you said chopper or franky I might have agreed with you.
And yet she never gets good fights. :(

SolVanderlyn

Carrot is going to be a Vivi/Rebecca/Johnny/Yosaku/Shirahoshi/Wiper type character.

Speaking of, Wiper was badass as hell and I hope we see him cameo again. REJECTO!

Vivi might join them somehow now that they have the fleet/alliance thing going on. I actually wouldn't be surprised if she accompanied them on the last leg of their journey.

Ray Down

Banned
Carrot is going to be a Vivi/Rebecca/Johnny/Yosaku/Shirahoshi/Wiper type character.

Speaking of, Wiper was badass as hell and I hope we see him cameo again. REJECTO!

Vivi might join them somehow now that they have the fleet/alliance thing going on. I actually wouldn't be surprised if she accompanied them on the last leg of their journey.

Don't forget Bart and Bellamy on that list.

With Urouge in the sky islands maybe he can recruit Wiper.

Nah, I don't see it.

With the new chapter up in us Un two or so days what are your guys predictions:

-Jinbei makes an appearance?
-Reiju and Yonji arrive at WCI?
-More crew shenanigans?
-Sanji meets Purine face to face and faints?
- Jinbei will appear and probably explain the current situation to the Strawhats and he has a plan. He will possibly reveal Pudding's picture to the crew.
- Sanji will be either with his father or Big Mom. Hopefully with his father so we can have his reveal.
- What the Vinsmokes really want from this marriage.
- One more member of the Vinsmoke, likely one of the siblings.

Ray Down

Banned
Cobra is already dead. Like furreal. Seeing him in a weak condition like that already means he will die.

Yep he might as well wear a red shirt along with Shanks.

Vivi will ascend to the throne before she is ready, but at least she will have help.

I wonder if we know any of her suitors?

Genryu

Banned
Both of these answers are acceptable.

....A Marine Yonko would be a pretty cool character idea oda should implement.

Isn't Zephyr kind of what that would end up being? I know he doesn't necessarily have the force behind him to match up to a real Yonko, but I really did like him and his Neo-Marines.

Speaking of which, the "there has to be seven warlords, four emperors and three admirals" thing is so silly. When one warlord is defeated, marine hq be like: "HOLY SHIT THE BALANCE OF THE WORLD HAS BEEN TURNED UPSIDE DOWN, WE GOTTA FIND A REPLACEMENT ASAP! THE BALANCE OF THE WORLD IS SO FRAGILE".

Oda, I love you, but this doesn't even make a fraction of sense.

TheFlow

Banned
Speaking of which, the "there has to be seven warlords, four emperors and three admirals" thing is so silly. When one warlord is defeated, marine hq be like: "HOLY SHIT THE BALANCE OF THE WORLD HAS BEEN TURNED UPSIDE DOWN, WE GOTTA FIND A REPLACEMENT ASAP! THE BALANCE OF THE WORLD IS SO FRAGILE".

It makes more sense if an emperor is defeated.

But as seen with croc and flamingo defeating them indeed fucked up the balance

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It makes more sense if an emperor is defeated.

But as seen with croc and flamingo defeating them indeed fucked up the balance

Doflamingo more so. He was supplying weapons to several nations, one of which was in the middle of a war and had to surrender.

As we saw with Whitebeard's death, his territories were taken over by pirates and other criminals. Until Blackbeard took a lot of them.

Doflamingo more so. He was supplying weapons to several nations, one of which was in the middle of a war and had to surrender.

This is irrelevant to his position as a warlord.

And also irrelevant to the point that the world would be put back into balance by someone else unrelated to him taking his spot as warlord.

TheFlow

Banned

As we saw with Whitebeard's death, his territories were taken over by pirates and other criminals. Until Blackbeard took a lot of them.
Pretty much.

Veelk

Banned

Well, in fairness, you could instead put this little bit of dumbness on the marine's shoulders rather than Oda's. I mean, we've seen plenty of Shichibukai fall and it didn't didn't really make that much of an impact on anything. Hell, Doffy was ordered to off Moria in the middle of the damn war they were supposed to be oh so instrumental in. Plus we know all the irrational fears that real life politicians hold ("Transgender people using bathrooms will lead to rape!").

It could be fairer to say that taking down a Shichibukai here and there doesn't actually screw the balance and rather just a lot of less than rational characters in OP (hello, Akainu) believe it because they're dumb dumbs.

There, I defended One Piece. Now excuse me while I go scrub my body in the shower for an hour, cleansing myself from the sin

This is irrelevant to his position as a warlord.

And also irrelevant to the point that the world would be put back into balance by someone else unrelated to him taking his spot as warlord.

That, but also it's weird how that whole thing was depicted. Like, Doffy is defeated, and the supply line collapses literally within hours, and because of that, that one side has to surrender? If they're ability to win relied that heavily on a single ship of weapons coming in within hours of the conflicts conclusion, I'm gonna go ahead and say they were going to lose anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom