• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of which, the "there has to be seven warlords, four emperors and three admirals" thing is so silly. When one warlord is defeated, marine hq be like: "HOLY SHIT THE BALANCE OF THE WORLD HAS BEEN TURNED UPSIDE DOWN, WE GOTTA FIND A REPLACEMENT ASAP! THE BALANCE OF THE WORLD IS SO FRAGILE".

Oda, I love you, but this doesn't even make a fraction of sense.

I figure it's just because they need the warlords and admirals to combat the emperors in desperate situations. It makes sense, since even when the government had four relatively loyal warlords and the combined might of every notably powerful person staffed in the Marines at their command, Whitebeard's forces very nearly succeeded in freeing Ace and destroying Marine HQ.

I'm also not really convinced that the government actually mandates that there be three admirals at any given time. We've only ever seen two sets of admirals since Roger's death, and no one ever actually says there can only be three - I'm sure that if there were more than three super-badasses in the Marines at any given time, they'd have more than three admirals.

She is strong, the only female supernova. She doesn't have a crew anymore, so she is available. Her personality fits the Strawhat shenanigans. She is hot.
Carrot-she is strong. She apparently loves the idea of adventure. Her personality definitely fits the strawhats. She is hot to somebody out there in the world.

#Carrot for nakama

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Poison in his drink or straight up murder is the real question

All the kings got attacked by pirates on their way back to their kingdoms.
All the kings got attacked by pirates on their way to the reverie.

In a desperate move by the revolutionary army .....

It's a good coverup

All the kings got attacked by pirates on their way back to their kingdoms.
All the kings got attacked by pirates on their way to the reverie.

In a desperate move by the revolutionary army .....

It's a good coverup

Lol

I do wonder if someone attacks Reverie, who will it be?

We now know that Big Mom has a way "in" with her alliance to the Germa 66. Kaido is obviously wanting to start a war so that would also be the perfect place for him to launch his attack. We also don't know the whereabouts of the Revolutionaries at this time but it would make sense now that they're HQ has been destroyed that they would want to remind the world of their strength. On top of all that, Blackbeard is an enigma as always and his unpredictability could lead to him doing something big at Reverie.

Well, in fairness, you could instead put this little bit of dumbness on the marine's shoulders rather than Oda's. I mean, we've seen plenty of Shichibukai fall and it didn't didn't really make that much of an impact on anything. Hell, Doffy was ordered to off Moria in the middle of the damn war they were supposed to be oh so instrumental in. Plus we know all the irrational fears that real life politicians hold ("Transgender people using bathrooms will lead to rape!").

It could be fairer to say that taking down a Shichibukai here and there doesn't actually screw the balance and rather just a lot of less than rational characters in OP (hello, Akainu) believe it because they're dumb dumbs.

There, I defended One Piece. Now excuse me while I go scrub my body in the shower for an hour, cleansing myself from the sin

Hmm, well, that's a fair enough reasoning. Doesn't make it any less silly, but rather it puts the blame elsewhere, which changes the meaning: that Oda isn't being silly, but he is deliberatively making characters who are silly. Which is of course something he's always done.

I figure it's just because they need the warlords and admirals to combat the emperors in desperate situations. It makes sense, since even when the government had four relatively loyal warlords and the combined might of every notably powerful person staffed in the Marines at their command, Whitebeard's forces very nearly succeeded in freeing Ace and destroying Marine HQ.

I'm also not really convinced that the government actually mandates that there be three admirals at any given time. We've only ever seen two sets of admirals since Roger's death, and no one ever actually says there can only be three - I'm sure that if there were more than three super-badasses in the Marines at any given time, they'd have more than three admirals.

Sure, but those situations are scarce, and besides, one warlord more isn't going to change the situation so much that calling for a crisis meeting and exclaiming that the world is out of balance is necessary, I'd argue. But sure, there does need to a balance of power in this world, that's true enough.

Yeah, you're probably right about the admirals.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
3c5b0fb6c0cc6273e25d164d2dc3f1ca.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Neither of you can technically like or dislike that character

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Zolo and Zoro ain't to bad since the L and R kanjis

Yea that's why I can't be TOO mad at Viz for keeping Zolo. It's basically how it's pronounced in Japanese. Same deal with Roguetown. Kinda. A little.

Sure wish they'd make up their damn minds about chambres/shambles though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom