• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh. Big Mom wants to create a land where all races feel home eh? That's a noble goal for someone we've only seen as unambiguously evil so far. That said, the fact she knows - and wants - Luffy close is pretty chilling.

Big Mom's territory is massive! 34 islands all together under her control. Are the islands that her crew attacked for ingredients for the tea party part of Totland or are they other islands not under her control?

I like Pudding so far. She's cute, loves to bake, enjoys seeing other eat her creations. Sanji might just have a perfect match here. Although, I don't think she'll join the crew from what I can see.

Isn't it funny how there are all these new potential Straw Hat candidates yet the only one really set on joining is the one who's been around the longest, Jimbei?

marmoka

Banned
So,...
  • Sanji's future wife has a cafeteria made of chocolate in a land of chocolate.
  • Big Mon lives in a land surrounded by living objects just like in Beauty and The Beast, or Alice in Wonderland
  • In Whole Cake Island, not only objects talk, also does the sun, clouds, and a rainbow
Honestly, I'm not sure if I want to watch this episode in the anime. I would end believing that somebody put drugs in my lunch.
Edit: don't get me wrong, I never said I didn't enjoy the chapter, lol

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Pudding is totally betraying big mom.

And I will be seriously disappointed if we don't have a chase scene afterwards with Big Mom screaming "Off with her head!"

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
So,...
  • Sanji's future wife has a cafeteria made of chocolate in a land of chocolate.
  • Big Mon lives in a land surrounded by living objects just like in Beauty and The Beast, or Alice in Wonderland
  • In Whole Cake Island, not only objects talk, also does the sun, clouds, and a rainbow
Honestly, I'm not sure if I want to watch this episode in the anime. I would end believing that somebody put drugs in my lunch.
Edit: don't get me wrong, I never said I didn't enjoy the chapter, lol
the weird "evil" feeling with all the happy, cartoony imagery reminds me of roger rabbit, actually. It was a good chapter, but I'm really confused about Big Mom's actual goal is considering she seems to condone cannibalism, murder, and theft. Maybe she has multiple personalities.

Big One

Banned
Aside from a lot of the bloodshed, Big Mom's goals are at least noble in nature by creating a nation that everyone of all shapes and sizes can live together in peace. I think she eventually will settle on being Luffy's ally, even if Luffy still wants to kick her ass. I think the Germa 66 are going to betray Big Mom which will force Luffy and Big Mom to ally together to take them down.

RagnarokX

Aside from a lot of the bloodshed, Big Mom's goals are at least noble in nature by creating a nation that everyone of all shapes and sizes can live together in peace. I think she eventually will settle on being Luffy's ally, even if Luffy still wants to kick her ass. I think the Germa 66 are going to betray Big Mom which will force Luffy and Big Mom to ally together to take them down.

I just reread the chapter where Big Mom and Pudding were first introduced way back during Fishman Island. Big Mom does eat a subordinate. We never see the subordinate, though, so it's possible it was a talking gingerbread man or something.

Definitely not,especially after that little sing and dance. It's probably meant literally, as in she turns people into chocolate and makes the land out of what's left. That sounds about on par with what we've heard.
In fact all those different races being there gives me the impression there indeed is going to be a fight of some sort.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Big Mom might have a noble side but that does not make her a good person, just an unusually layered One Piece villain.

The singing garden is going to be weird as hell in the anime.

Lunar15

Pudding is great, now I'm probably going to be upset if Sanji doesn't marry her. I can already see chemistry.

Oh god fuck am I shipping

how do i stop

NSESN

What are the chances Germa 66 is there to betray BM because of the WG? Maybe they were promised a land if they took down her.
It would be a good setup for the reverie arc.

Ray Down

Banned
What are the chances Germa 66 is there to betray BM because of the WG? Maybe they were promised a land if they took down her.
It would be a good setup for the reverie arc.

Nah, the Germa 66 may be strong but I doubt they want to get on the wrong side of a Yonko. Especially since we seen the strength of these fuckers.

Pudding is great, now I'm probably going to be upset if Sanji doesn't marry her. I can already see chemistry.

Oh god fuck am I shipping

how do i stop

Don't worry, looks like this is what Oda wants. She seems too perfect for him but that's kinda suspicious too.

ryan13ts

Big Mom is totally a witch, all those talking flowers/cakes/objects scream a sorcery Devil Fruit of some sort. Glad we finally got to see a better look at her too, her crew also look pretty neat, especially the slender female sword user.

Also, Pudding is adorable. Has it been confirmed that she's the three eyed girl yet?

Ray Down

Banned
Doesn't Big Mom's flag have images resembling the sun, the sea, and a tree on it? The Life-Life fruit would make sense.

latest

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
What is Big Mom makes Brook back into a living human!? :eek:

It'll never happen. Skull jokes would die.

Get it? Die? SKULL JOKE YOHOHOHOHO

Big Mom is totally a witch, all those talking flowers/cakes/objects scream a sorcery Devil Fruit of some sort. Glad we finally got to see a better look at her too, her crew also look pretty neat, especially the slender female sword user.

Especially if you consider the Hansel and Gretel parallel. Totland/Whole Cake Island is just gingerbread houses taken to an extreme.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Nah he was just trying to get an angle.

Brook forever without a panty shot.

I'm pretty sure he did actually see the panty shot, this was no last ditch angling attempt the guy was down there a while, he was even sipping tea down there while he non-chalantly smiled at nami.

2ceyT.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Pedro is my favorite new character in this arc. Such a badass.

In a way, he's like the opposite of The Cowardly Lion from Oz. A lion knight who's the very picture of valor and bravery. I'm not sure that was intentional, but it does fit with the zany fairy tale-ness of the rest of the arc.

This arc is the "weirdest" OP has been since Thriller Bark.

SolVanderlyn

FUNE~ FUNE~

This was actually terrifying in the anime. Whole Cake Island is going to be scary as all hell.

This is way creepier than thriller bark.

FUNE~ FUNE~
This was actually terrifying in the anime. Whole Cake Island is going to be scary as all hell.

Guys I'm fucking terrified. I hate clowns and creepy children shit so I'm peacing out if it goes that far.

We straight up went full disney oda has no chill. This arc is about to slay
Was busy as f last week but forgot to tell you that I immediately thought of you when I saw Reiju for the first time. You were probably dying, and it'll be even better when she winds up with Zoro!!

Guys I'm fucking terrified. I hate clowns and creepy children shit so I'm peacing out if it goes that far.

Was busy as f last week but forgot to tell you that I immediately thought of you when I saw Reiju for the first time. You were probably dying, and it'll be even better when she winds up with Zoro!!
Lol I'll be dying this entire arc I can't deal.

SolVanderlyn

It's gone farther. Way farther.

AikGvf3g.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom