• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
It's gone farther. Way farther.

AikGvf3g.jpg

that tree has facial hair.

Luffythedragonslayer (YouTube)

said something interesting in his live reaction

that maybe all the races are gathered to live in this country so that they can be a diverse food supply for Big Mom

and like you guys stated maybe Sanji's weeding is bait for Big Mom to eat Luffy

NSESN

I was so hyped because of Pudding that i forgot the creepiness of the last pages. Good thing I don't watch the anime, it will be terrifying.

GG-Duo

I completely forgot that the last Big Mom ship we saw had a living, singing, emoting figure at the front of it. Now this explains it...

smurfx

get some go again
man jora and sugar would have fit in so well in big moms crew. wonder if big mom is planning on dunking luffy into some cauldron.

ryan13ts

You guys think Big Mom is a haki user as well? It'd be kind of out of place if she wasn't, since all the other Yonkou can use it, not to mention disappointing as well since there aren't that many female haki users to start off with.

Hopefullly she will be, but it's so hard imagining someone like her using Busoshoku Haki

Genryu

Banned
You guys think Big Mom is a haki user as well? It'd be kind of out of place if she wasn't, since all the other Yonkou can use it, not to mention disappointing as well since there aren't that many female haki users to start off with.

Hopefullly she will be, but it's so hard imagining someone like her using Busoshoku Haki

If you want to get technical, there are a LOT of female haki users, roughly an entire island's worth of them.

smurfx

get some go again

if hancock has it then why wouldn't big mom? she was able to create a mini empire for herself so you can bet that she does. i'm just wondering what her gimmick will be that allows her to keep up with the other emperors. whitebeard had the quake fruit and blackbeard now has that and his darkness fruit. kaidou can't be killed and who knows what his devil fruit is. shanks is a haki monster and we don't know if he's eaten a devil fruit since his meeting with luffy. i wonder what kinda stuff she can do with a witch fruit if that is what she has.

Lol I'll be dying this entire arc I can't deal.
Right there with ya mate
It's gone farther. Way farther.

AikGvf3g.jpg
Yeah fuck this arc.

if hancock has it then why wouldn't big mom? she was able to create a mini empire for herself so you can bet that she does. i'm just wondering what her gimmick will be that allows her to keep up with the other emperors. whitebeard had the quake fruit and blackbeard now has that and his darkness fruit. kaidou can't be killed and who knows what his devil fruit is. shanks is a haki monster and we don't know if he's eaten a devil fruit since his meeting with luffy. i wonder what kinda stuff she can do with a witch fruit if that is what she has.
I'm hugely stating this on physical appearance, but Oda likes to play with us, so much so that I bet she'll be an amazing physical fighter despite how she looks.

She undoubtedly has some kind of Devil Fruit ability, but yeah it will be interesting to learn how she's managed to build her own little empire and have no one try and fuck with her at all. Must be a terrifying ability. If I had to guess, I'd say it's definitely an obscure mythical fruit that combines several abilities in one. Hito Hito Model: Witch? Otherwise, maybe all these inanimate objects singing are a red herring and her ability is different? I always thought she might have an acid logia.

Not another setup plz. I hope she's legit just nice. Plus she seemed surprised when he said his name

Just face it, Sanji is going to marry a manipulative woman who twists him around her little finger.

Also, I'm pretty sure that in this chapter Oda drew his first "snakeneck" human but from behind.

The "tot" in Totland is probably significant but I have no idea what it might be short for.

Dugna

After Dressrosa and this I want no more happy smiling toontown stuff anymore, its cool but yeah....

other then that though, I'm super excited for this Totland stuff.

Ray Down

Banned
Just face it, Sanji is going to marry a manipulative woman who twists him around her little finger.

Also, I'm pretty sure that in this chapter Oda drew his first "snakeneck" human but from behind.

The "tot" in Totland is probably significant but I have no idea what it might be short for.

Tot is German for Death.

So the translation was a lil spotty, but what was the ceremony the mayor dude was talking about? Surely the wedding is happening on Whole Cake Island and not the one they are on.

Majukun

So the translation was a lil spotty, but what was the ceremony the mayor dude was talking about? Surely the wedding is happening on Whole Cake Island and not the one they are on.

we have 3 days until the wedding and chocolatown is 1 day of navigation from whole cake island

so,since she actually manages a business in town,it makes sense for purin to still be on her island

Diablos54

Actually the first one was likely Chopper and his rumble balls.
Definitely, although using the rumble ball is straight up hax if true. Makes sense considering he has more forms and doesn't need to use rumble ball post timeskip.

Wasn't there talk of Crocoboy also being 'awakened', hence why he could literally turn anything he touched to sand?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Definitely, although using the rumble ball is straight up hax if true. Makes sense considering he has more forms and doesn't need to use rumble ball post timeskip.

Wasn't there talk of Crocoboy also being 'awakened', hence why he could literally turn anything he touched to sand?

That'd be interesting too, maybe not fully awakened though.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
but then how did she do that talking sun thing

I doubt it is actually star sized

1. It's a fake sun
2. It could have a Room like barrier that everything inside is "alive" and makes everything that's outside the Room alive while your'e inside it.

Also talking about the sun, Has oda explained how Ennis lobby never had nights?

When I read, it specifically said wedding ceremony

we have 3 days until the wedding and chocolatown is 1 day of navigation from whole cake island

so,since she actually manages a business in town,it makes sense for purin to still be on her island
Ah my bad, read "right around the corner" as distance rather than time lol.

Friend said Big Mom's power might be awakened, I'm inclined to agree with him after this shit
Definitely. Which means to say that it could be a Paramecia or Logia in that the environment is changed more so than the user.

SalvaPot

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but who else thinks that maybe Big Mom actually likes Luffy and wants him to work for her? I mean, having Sanji marrying into the family is great for her because he gets both the Vinsmokes family and arguably the most promising of the worst generation under her belt.

Also I think she is aware Luffy is not going to accept willfully, so she is going to have to convince him by any means necessary.

Man, I wonder if we are going to see Lola in this arc.

MCD

Luffy vs Big Mom isn't gonna happen IMO. An alliance or something Oda weird gonna twist this whole arc.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but who else thinks that maybe Big Mom actually likes Luffy and wants him to work for her? I mean, having Sanji marrying into the family is great for her because he gets both the Vinsmokes family and arguably the most promising of the worst generation under her belt.

Also I think she is aware Luffy is not going to accept willfully, so she is going to have to convince him by any means necessary.

Man, I wonder if we are going to see Lola in this arc.
It would be interesting if done from the angle that he is a D. and Big Mom knows something we don't. If it's done from the angle that she has some weird attraction to him similar to Hancock, Fujitora, Alvida or other females Luffy has entranced with his simplicity then it would be pretty stupid since it's been done so many times before.

I actually don't think Lola will appear in this arc. She was in Water 7 right after the timeskip so while it is possible she's there, the New World is pretty fucking big for her to have traveled all the way from there in a couple weeks. That being said, it's also almost 100% likely to happen with the Vivre card stuff she's got going on with Nami, which should come into play for sure now that we can basically confirm that Lola is Big Mom's daughter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom