• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehh... she talked about a sacrifice and using blood for pudding? She seems batshit insane and I'd say her city has a very dark side if they kill to get cake ingredients.
Fully expecting a solyent green is people moment when Luffy starts chowing down on some cake.

Majukun

Ehh... she talked about a sacrifice and using blood for pudding? She seems batshit insane and I'd say her city has a very dark side if they kill to get cake ingredients.

i think the blood was more figurative than anything..basically "if someone has to die for that i don't care"

RagnarokX

Eh, it's what pirates and nations do. Its ruler negotiates with or attacks other nations to get resources. The happiness in Totland seems legit though.

In contrast, the happiness in Dressrosa was built on lies where Doffy manipulated the people into thinking he was a caring ruler by using his powers to manipulate others into looking like villains and erasing undesirables with Sugar.

kurahador

I'm guessing Big Mom power is turning ppl into sweets? Kinda similar to Sugar....sweets...sugar...wait a minute!!

What if Sugar is related to Big Mom.

I agree with you. She looks too villainous.

I also don't buy her "dream of mutual peace between the races." Getting some Caesar Clown vibes when he was introducted as the benevolent master.

NSESN

I am thinking Pudding knows all about BM plan but she will grow fond of the SH crew and she will betray her mother.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I highly doubt this will result in a full scale confrontation, for one the Crew is hopeless outmatched for such a thing based on numbers and quality of fighters, Zorro isn't there nor is the rest of the crew, Big Mom will like have have all her commanders at the ready and fight with Big Mom will inevitable be difficult as heck on it's own. I doubt they'll end up allies but I'm sure they'll manage to escape somehow maybe taking out a commander on the way.

smurfx

get some go again
so what fruit can big mom have that would possibly allow her to create all this stuff and still be a major force? could a witch witch fruit create all this stuff? also omg pudding is seriously strawhat material. a baker to complement the chef on the crew. although we still have to see if she is strong enough to be in the crew. i still have faith that bonney will end up being involved in this arc as a guest of big mom.

NSESN

I highly doubt this will result in a full scale confrontation, for one the Crew is hopeless outmatched for such a thing based on numbers and quality of fighters, Zorro isn't there nor is the rest of the crew, Big Mom will like have have all her commanders at the ready and fight with Big Mom will inevitable be difficult as heck on it's own. I doubt they'll end up allies but I'm sure they'll manage to escape somehow maybe taking out a commander on the way.

I don't think the BM crew will be the main enemies here, Germa 66 will.

smurfx

get some go again
I don't think the BM crew will be the main enemies here, Germa 66 will.
if germa 66 ends up being the enemy then an admiral has to be involved. we haven't seen green bull so he might be allied with germa 66 and they make their move at the wedding.

RagnarokX

I doubt they'd become allies because Luffy is that kind of guy. He wants to fight all of the Four Emperors because that's the path to becoming King of the Pirates. Even though Whitebeard was on the same side as Luffy rescuing Ace Luffy still wanted to beat him up. He threatened to beat up Big Mom to take control of Fishman Island away from her. He teamed up with Law to take down Kaido. And he probably wants to beat Shanks, too.

I see this arc ending in a situation where the relationship is more one-sided, like with Whitebeard, where Big Mom respects Luffy but Luffy still wants to beat her up. With her crew, her daughter(s), and Sanji in his wheelhouse Luffy has a good chance to win Big Mom over.

Lunar15

I fucking love the contrast between singing a happy song about setting up a tea party and then the heinous acts portrayed in order to do just that.

smurfx

get some go again
could big mom have so many daughters because she takes them from the people who live at her islands? would kinda tie in rumplestiltskin into this. that might be the dark side of getting to live under her territory. that or the chancellors of the islands are the ones that have to give up their first born daughters in order to get that power. she is said to have 35 daughters right? and there are 34 chancellors and islands that are part of her territory so it fits.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I doubt they'd become allies because Luffy is that kind of guy. He wants to fight all of the Four Emperors because that's the path to becoming King of the Pirates. Even though Whitebeard was on the same side as Luffy rescuing Ace Luffy still wanted to beat him up. He threatened to beat up Big Mom to take control of Fishman Island away from her. He teamed up with Law to take down Kaido. And he probably wants to beat Shanks, too.

I see this arc ending in a situation where the relationship is more one-sided, like with Whitebeard, where Big Mom respects Luffy but Luffy still wants to beat her up. With her crew, her daughter(s), and Sanji in his wheelhouse Luffy has a good chance to win Big Mom over.

I doubt he wants to beat, beat Shanks for one has no reason to and has never mentioned such a wish. Shanks is also not a competitor for being pirate King as he's already been to raftel, and if he really wanted to go back there I'm sure he'd find a way. At most you'll get a gentlemenly duel but even that's pretty doubtful. It depends on when he gives back the hat and becomes a great pirate.

Yeah, I actually think Sanji may go through with the wedding. Might get some good character growth for Sanji since she's a great baker, but she's not sexed up like women tend to be in One Piece. Sanji falling in love with her would be kinda nice.

Kreed

And guys, it says who the slime creature is in the introduction:

Cafe "Caramel" Owner: Nitro the Jello.

He's not Capone or a den den mushi thing.

Thanks for clarifying. That panel was confusing with Pudding and the Carpet in the same panel (I almost thought Pudding had an alias).

XenoRaven

I'm going to try and read carefully as I'm on like episode 690 or so of the anime (Luffy and Law just reached Doflamingo), but I have a question.

Based on Doffy's explanation to Law on Green Bit, I'm not sure what makes him a "Heavenly Demon" instead of a "Celestial Dragon". Are the Celestial Dragons directly descended from actual rulers while Doflamingo is descended from someone in the royal family that wasn't a king or queen? Does he cover the distinction in greater detail before Luffy inevitably beats the shit out of him for being a total asshole?

As an aside, this series does a really good job of making you hate the main antagonist of a particular arc without making any provision for them being a good people who are simply misguided. Kuro, Arlong, Wapol, Crocodile (although I guess he comes around), Enel, Spandam, Lucci, Akainu, Hody, Caesar, and Doffy; all unequivocally terrible people.

I realize this is for manga discussion, but I just saw this thread and it seemed like a good place to ask.

Lunar15

I'm going to try and read carefully as I'm on like episode 690 or so of the anime (Luffy and Law just reached Doflamingo), but I have a question.

Based on Doffy's explanation to Law on Green Bit, I'm not sure what makes him a "Heavenly Demon" instead of a "Celestial Dragon". Are the Celestial Dragons directly descended from actual rulers while Doflamingo is descended from someone in the royal family that wasn't a king or queen? Does he cover the distinction in greater detail before Luffy inevitably beats the shit out of him for being a total asshole?

Just keep watching. The relation between Doflamingo and the Celestial Dragons is eventually explained. It's intentionally vague where you're at right now.

ckohler

Since Totland is a collection of all races of the world, I think it'll be revealed that Pudding is a member of a race of three-eyed people not before shown.

Or... what if her third eye is artificial and that's how Big Mom knew Luffy was there? Maybe the eye, or Pudding herself, is an information gathering agent for Big Mom? Oda has been keeping the third eye hidden beneath her hair the last two times we've seen her. This is in contrast to when we first saw her in the privacy of Big Mom's chambers and it was clearly visible.

smurfx

get some go again
Since Totland is a collection of all races of the world, I think it'll be revealed that Pudding is a member of a race of three-eyed people not before shown.

Or... what if her third eye is artificial and that's how Big Mom knew Luffy was there? Maybe the eye, or Pudding herself, is an information gathering agent for Big Mom? Oda has been keeping the third eye hidden beneath her hair the last two times we've seen her. This is in contrast to when we first saw her in the privacy of Big Mom's chambers and it was clearly visible.
if all those fairy tale characters were made by big mom then they might all be connected to her and whatever they see she ends up seeing as well.

but yeah I agree that this is likely not the full Pudding we are seeing here

she may likely be also really evil, maybe she even eats people

or her personality changes when her third eye appears

but yeah I agree that this is likely not the full Pudding we are seeing here

she may likely be also really evil, maybe she even eats people

or her personality changes when her third eye appears

She seemed to be disgusted by Big Mom when she was with her third eye appearing. She seems like a kind person.

But everything seems too convenient so far, she is pretty, kind, has the same abilities like Sanji. I mean, you don't expect that from an arranged marriage. Germa 66 siblings also looked like they aren't that bad too, saving Luffy. Can't tell what's going on.

She seemed to be disgusted by Big Mom when she was with her third eye appearing. She seems like a kind person.

But everything seems too convenient so far, she is pretty, kind, has the same abilities like Sanji. I mean, you don't expect that from an arranged marriage. Germa 66 siblings also looked like they aren't that bad too, saving Luffy. Can't tell what's going on.

In the end it will be some Germa 66 siblings Pudding and StrawHats against BigMom probably the (1,2) Siblings of Germa and Germa Dad

i want the oldest vinsmoke brother to be green bull and betray big mom.

idk that might be a stretch... I mean having bull in his name makes me think he would have something relating to a bull...

but anything is plausible, especially since the Vinesmokes have some major influence in the Marine

I also realized that even if Pudding is a okay personality if the ingredients used to make her cafe was via raiding/killing means and she is also aware of this and doesn't mind then that would be a nail in ever having this relationship go smooth with Sanji and the Strawhats
I bet she's OP's version of Launch.

dang that name rings a bell but I seem to not remember

Edit: Never mind below post triggered my memory

Ray Down

Banned
I bet she's OP's version of Launch.

c7458f8eaee3fc81e03030d4fc44dec6869234fd_hq.gif

Who?
I know who she just so irrelevant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom