• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just thinking about it, what was in Pudding's recipe? Going off the fucked up shit Big Mom was talking about at the end (strawberry jam made of blood). Is it possible she has a crazy darkside to her.
based on what little we've seen of her, i think she's probably a nice woman who resents her mother, but who knows.
I do think that her third eye belongs to Big Mom, which would explain how she knows that Luffy and co. are around.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
looool

Scrolling through that, all the women ones have absurd proportions.

Crocs ones is pretty cool though.

OH MY

CjiblU6UkAATInt.jpg

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I want a Kaido figure.

1:1 scale.

Squishy3

Can go next to my 1:1 scale Gundam

Lol, I like how the scar is so small where on male luffy it takes up a good part of his chest.
Gotta protect the boobs.

If you scroll through that twitter's pictures and see the Tashigi statue... woof

I mean it's part of a swimsuit series I guess but all the other girls are just wearing normal bikinis and then Tashigi's wearing a swimsuit that is clearly too small for her

Added a section on the upcoming arc. I think it would be cool to do a little blurb about every arc moving forward so we can keep track.

Also thinking about adding a Q and A session and some resources to other OP sites. All I got is the One Piece Podcast so let me know of other places you guys visit or if you want other features added. Cheers.

Arc of 2016: Whole Cake Island (Current Arc)

Source
Sanji's past catches up to him in 2016, the year of Sanji, where the leader of Germa-66, a para-military organization run by the royal Vinsmoke family, arranges to wed Sanji to the 35th daughter of Yonko Charlotte Linlin otherwise known as Big Mom. The leader of Germa, as it turns out, is none other than Sanji's own father, who has been hunting him since he left the family over eleven years ago. Sanji himself has no desire to be wed, but will our hero resist the beautiful charm of Pudding Charlotte, his betrothed and fellow cook? The curly-browed chef will lose his place among the Straw Hat pirates if the marriage pulls through, becoming an underling of Big Mom. As the captain of the Straw Hat Crew, Luffy would rather witness Big Mom poop then see that happen. Thus the curtain opens on a very Alice in Wonderland/Disney-esque adventure.

With Sanji in danger, can Luffy, Nami, Chopper, Brook, and their Mink friends Pedro and Carrot rescue him from a treacherously crafted marriage?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Looks great. One nitpick: I'd call it the Sanji Rescue Arc, since it will involve multiple locations/also focus on the Germa 66. Nice job, though.

Aside: I'm so glad Nami is wearing shirts again.

Ray Down

Banned
Gotta protect the boobs.

If you scroll through that twitter's pictures and see the Tashigi statue... woof

I mean it's part of a swimsuit series I guess but all the other girls are just wearing normal bikinis and then Tashigi's wearing a swimsuit that is clearly too small for her

I can find a color one of Tashigi only a colorless statue, got a pic?

Is there Awaken Logia?

In the series so far no, only awakened zoans (Jailer Beasts) and Paramecia (Dolfa)

Looks great. One nitpick: I'd call it the Sanji Rescue Arc, since it will involve multiple locations/also focus on the Germa 66. Nice job, though.

Plus, Sanji dad has been searching not hunting but whateves.

Yeah and I agree with you on the Nami stuff, though I like her Outfit on FI and the hair she had during PH.

The Wiki calls it Whole Cake Island Arc though. Most arcs are named after the location they're placed in.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I love how Enel was literally godly powerful and the only reason he was defeated was that he, by chance, encountered the one person who could nullify his ability. He wasn't some scrub who relied on it too much, either - when Luffy shows up he starts whacking him around with his bo staff and pulling tactical moves like gold manipulation, and he was already the strongest Sky Islander we know of even before he got his fruit. I loved that.

IIRC Oda said his Blue Seas bounty would be 500,000,000, which was the highest known for a long time.

The only person who should be able to actually defeat Enel is Kizaru. I don't think anyone else could match his speed, and he could just zap them from afar.

Luffy should be a draw, since Luffy shouldn't be able to get close enough to touch him, but his attacks aren't effective against Luffy.

Slayven

have they said what is so special about awaken zoans yet?

and think they would do a sea life type zoan? or will that cheat the devil fruit weakness?

have they said what is so special about awaken zoans yet?

and think they would do a sea life type zoan? or will that cheat the devil fruit weakness?
Not outright, but basically they turn into giant monster versions of their animal. The guards at Impel Down were awakened and were just giant animals.
It's implied Chopper's monster point is awakened, but the Rumble Ball helps him control it.
Hasn't been a sea animal yet, but the weakness is that they lose energy in the ocean so I don't think there will be a fruit related to water because that kinda goes against the nature of the fruit and the likely explanation we will get for the origin of the weakness in the first place.

Don't wanna ruin anything for you if you're not caught up, but
Jack is part fishman and has a devil fruit. Though fishman are sea creatures, Jack can't move underwater because of his fruit so the same would be said of any sea creature fruit.

Not outright, but basically they turn into giant monster versions of their animal. The guards at Impel Down were awakened and were just giant animals.
It's implied Chopper's monster point is awakened, but the Rumble Ball helps him control it.
Hasn't been a sea animal yet, but the weakness is that they lose energy in the ocean so I don't think there will be a fruit related to water because that kinda goes against the nature of the fruit and the likely explanation we will get for the origin of the weakness in the first place.

Don't wanna ruin anything for you if you're not caught up, but
Jack is part fishman and has a devil fruit. Though fishman are sea creatures, Jack can't move underwater because of his fruit so the same would be said of any sea creature fruit.

Compared to Monster Point, the awakened zoan guards are tiny. Croc stated that they had higher endurance and increased resiliency than the average zoan. There's probably more to it than that, but awakened zoans justtake a beating and keep getting up again and again.

SolVanderlyn

Doesn't Burning Blood come out tonight?

May 31st in NA and June 3rd in EU.

Decided to cancel my pre-order. Got my hands full with Overwatch & Witcher 3: Blood and Wine, and the fact that Sweden doesn't get the same pre-order bonuses as the rest of Europe put me off too. Game doesn't look that great anyway. Will wait for a pricecut.

Compared to Monster Point, the awakened zoan guards are tiny. Croc stated that they had higher endurance and increased resiliency than the average zoan. There's probably more to it than that, but awakened zoans justtake a beating and keep getting up again and again.
Are they that different in size? I figured they were about the same.
I remember when Chopper goes into it for the first time at Enies Lobby, there's a little flashback where Kureha says "think of it like the devil fruit going on a rampage."

If people want, I can add a PSN or Live list to the OT if anyone wants to hook up getting the game. I myself am not getting it for a bit, too busy.

Amazon delayed my collector edition so idk when I'll have burning blood either.

We still gotta do a lil tournament or something with it eventually tho just can't forget

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
What's the appeal of Assassination Classroom? I don't get it.

Also Kingdom looks pre cool, might check it out.

Wacky school comedy + cool assassin action.
The series is over now so this will be its last year in the Top 10.

I'm impressed Jojo still managed a million copies sold considering how old the Diamond is Unbreakable volumes are at this point.

Squishy3

I'm impressed Jojo still managed a million copies sold considering how old the Diamond is Unbreakable volumes are at this point.
I'm sure that's counting everything and not just Diamond is Unbreakable, considering everything's just under the "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure" label, so it'd be every volume from part 1 to the part that's currently running in Ultra Jump.

I mean even if Oda is technically considered the most popular current Jump author just looking at the reach Araki has had... he's been featured at the Louvre, collaborated with Gucci, etc. How many manga artists can say they got Clint Eastwood to pose like one of their characters? :p He's managed JoJo's extremely well (aside from some plot points being forgotten in later parts, Araki forgot is a meme for a reason) and turned it into a brand that's very much it's own thing and he's seen great success because of it, as well as nobody ever really attempting to do the same things that he's doing. (Unless you count Diesel. :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom