• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigolo

mp3aQqP.png

Well based on this image I used to think it was something acidic but now I just don't know if it's just her or a devil fruit that's making her saliva what looks like, super hot.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I'll remember that when someone starts listing their top 5 arcs,characters devil fruits in here(which happens very often)

Well, yes. I think those are all super stupid, not just this last list!

Well based on this image I used to think it was something acidic but now I just don't know if it's just her or a devil fruit that's making her saliva what looks like, super hot.

Yeah, I used to think it was acid stuff, but now I'm not so sure.

Her saliva was melting the ground it looks like if that's not devil fruit related that's...disturbing

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Big Mom's initial appearance and her latest one are pretty inconsistent. She looked way bigger/more monstrous before

Big Mom's initial appearance and her latest one are pretty inconsistent. She looked way bigger/more monstrous before
I'm kind of glad in a way? That would have made whitebeard,kaido,big mom huge yonkous so its nice to see variety. I'm still thinking she's pretty big tho and it was just drawn weird

Anyway yep I'm on board with people thinking she's got a devil fruit that's making everything alive. Whether this is just its normal ability or it's leaking into the world around her because it's an awakened ability we'll have to see.

I don't think she'll have an eating ability. That would be way too similar to Wapol.

Nightbird

I was thinking of that too when I saw that image.

Could it be that that messenger guy is just smaller than an average character (thus making Big Mom look bigger than she actually is) ?

ryan13ts

I think Oda has been tweaking Big Mom and Kaido's appearances right up until their actual reveal. Keep in mind the original silhouettes of the Yonko look nothing like what their appearances are now (Excluding Shanks and Whitebeard, who were already known and shown). Stuff like this happens pretty regularly, as creators might want to adjust or change things a bit from what their inital ideas were.

I peronally like what he settled on for both of them. Kaido is just flat out beastly with his massive size and Big Mom is just as disturbing, still being massive but not quite Kaido level of size.

I don't get why you guys always start talking about other manga in here. Isn't there a general manga thread for that? If not, make one, please.

Really?

Sorry for wanting a thread to be on topic.

Why do you always feel a need to be an asshole?
Let's not do this again dude. If you want to be on topic then post. As I have said many times, we will go days without discussion in this thread so if you want to be on topic then start talking.

She has the life-life fruit. Calling it now.

She might even use it to turn people into food somehow. Her or someone else on her crew, Sugar-style. Willing to bet that those creepy song lyrics had more substance to them than you'd think.
Did ya see my post about the balloons?

Also, is this is true, maybe Pudding is a creation of Big Mom and all her "daughters" too. I'm willing to bet that the inanimate objects are a result of her awakening where she's literally so unhinged that her power just naturally goes into shit and brings them to life. When she really uses it she can create more sentient or intelligent life. Would make her hella broken if true.

Let's not do this again dude. If you want to be on topic then post. As I have said many times, we will go days without discussion in this thread so if you want to be on topic then start talking.

Did ya see my post about the balloons?

Also, is this is true, maybe Pudding is a creation of Big Mom and all her "daughters" too. I'm willing to bet that the inanimate objects are a result of her awakening where she's literally so unhinged that her power just naturally goes into shit and brings them to life. When she really uses it she can create more sentient or intelligent life. Would make her hella broken if true.
Can we address this zou in the room real quick (get it haha)

This thread goes days without posts sometimes so I don't see the problem with people listing theyre fav manga or recommending ppl other mangas to read. We did the same to veelk and that was wrong to you can simply start another discussion if the current one isnt to your liking. Alright im done

Life life fruit like everybody says makes sense

Alright, now that's done.

Predictions for next week?
*Pudding reveals she doesn't want to marry Sanji, her mother is forcing her to.
*Everyone starts imagining what Pudding married to Sanji would be like
*Something happens with Pedro and Pekoms, Pudding offers to help them on the condition that they stop the wedding
*Sanji meets up with his family, his mom is at Reverie
*last panel is either Sanji meeting Big Mom or Sanji meeting his father

*Something happens with Pedro and Pekoms, Pussing offers to help them on the condition that they stop the wedding
Come on now cloud dont do that to my boy he just got fucked over last arc with love lol

Come on now cloud dont do that to my boy he just got fucked over last arc with love lol

Probably shoulda explained, hear me out! I think that they won't want to marry each other, and they won't. Sanji is already is opposed to the wedding, even after he saw Pudding's pic he was completely fine the next chapter.

BUT

I think Oda is obviously building them up to have a lot in common. I think that they won't get married, but they'll definitely fall for each other and end up together by the end of the series. We're definitely getting an explanation for Sanji's womanizing side this arc so I think Pudding might be one of the first women Sanji is respectful towards, as a fellow cook for right now but for more reasons as well hopefully. I wouldn't be surprised if Pudding wanted to leave her mother's sphere of control too.

Most of this is based off of Luffy saying that Sanji's "wife" would join the crew casually back in Zou.

Ray Down

Banned

*Something happens with Pedro and Pekoms, Pudding offers to help them on the condition that they stop the wedding

-Nah Pudding seems a bit excited to marry, if she didn't want to she be a bit more apprehensive about it.
-I would like to see Luffy, I imagine it just be him imagining all the foods Sanji and Pudding would make him. Chocolate covered meat.
-Pekoms is the Sanji of this arc, always getting screwed over.
-Sanji will meet his brothers and start fighting with them.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Yeah, it's from the FI epilogue.

Veelk

Banned
The OP manga thread has no danger of being locked as there is a steady stream of content flowing in. It's different for other threads wherein their thing came out and now there is nothing to be seen in the future. No sane moderator is going to lock a community thread for being off topic for a few days before a new chapter comes out. Similarly, I've never seen a person get banned for posting OT stuff without first getting a warning, which has pretty much every time gotten the discussion back on track. Moderators only step in when things have gotten BADLY off topic and users refuse to put it back on. I think briefly discussing some other manga to pass the time until the new chapter comes out is more or less permissible.

Ray Down

Banned
The OP manga thread has no danger of being locked as there is a steady stream of content flowing in. It's different for other threads wherein their thing came out and now there is nothing to be seen in the future. No sane moderator is going to lock a community thread for being off topic for a few days before a new chapter comes out. Similarly, I've never seen a person get banned for posting OT stuff without first getting a warning, which has pretty much every time gotten the discussion back on track. Moderators only step in when things have gotten BADLY off topic and users refuse to put it back on. I think briefly discussing some other manga to pass the time until the new chapter comes out is more or less permissible.

This is honestly my thoughts, there are some off topic posts but they don't make up a majority of the thread or even a page (It ain't like late Korra GAT OT). I'm sorry if I went a bit off topic with my post but someone just asked what was special about Ass Class so I explained what I thought about which lead to my list just cause I thought someone would ask.

If it really got bad because of it my bad, and I will try to reign it in.

Otherwise we should be getting spoilers around midnight tonight, so I might post them this time since my copy of Burning Blood will be 6 days late.

And for predictions:
-Revelation with Pudding and her reacting to the Strawhats.
-Seeing more of Big Moms elites
-New song number
-Pedro getting Sanji'd

SolVanderlyn

I started the Naruto OT. I know all about bad discussions. This thread gets childish at times, at worst, but never really too bad.

Ghostwrld, if you ever read this, your gif will haunt me to the end of time.

SolVanderlyn

This is such a great meme

Spoilers are out.

Ichiji is introduced. Has long hair and a sword and looks really cool.
Sanji's dad is at the reveries. Clockbeard is him.
Totland is a food source for Big Mom.
Pudding disagrees with her mom and wants to escape from her rule.
Bonney is a daughter of Big Mom.
Yonji wants to kill Sanji.
All of these spoilers are fake

SolVanderlyn

Usopp definitely changed the most since his introduction. I mean, art wise... but also personality wise.

No this is not how it's supposed to work and it could lead to the thread getting locked and posters banned like some other communities threads which became insular and ventured too far off-topic. If you want to talk about other manga and other stuff, there are other more appropriate threads to do so. I don't mind mentioning other mangas, especially if there's some connection to One Piece, but if you're bringing up other stuff just because there's a lull in the posting, please don't. This is not your private home thread on GAF to have random conversations

tl/dr If the thread goes days without posts sometimes that's completely normal and fine and not an excuse to post about other stuff
Nope. I respectfully disagree.

-Nah Pudding seems a bit excited to marry, if she didn't want to she be a bit more apprehensive about it.
-I would like to see Luffy, I imagine it just be him imagining all the foods Sanji and Pudding would make him. Chocolate covered meat.
-Pekoms is the Sanji of this arc, always getting screwed over.
-Sanji will meet his brothers and start fighting with them.
Excited in front of who? Her attitude might change now that she knows who she's speaking to.

Veelk

Banned
Actually the community threads I was referencing were football and basketball threads which were locked despite lots of current news and events to discuss. Having a steady stream of content will not save a thread if it gets out of control.

I don't know how they do it in Sports threads, as I'm not interested in that, but I've never seen it happen in a entertainment thread, even when things had gone completely offtopic for a period. Maybe they're more strict on the sports front.

I mean, if someone can post hentai and have literal pages of off topic discussion in the Korra thread, and all a mod will do is issue a warning to shape up, I assume most threads of that sort will get the same.

Still, even you clarified that a thread has to be 'out of control'. I don't see a brief discussion of other manga as that.

despite agreeing with many of his positions such as Oda is sexist and so on

Actually not one of my positions, ironically enough. I say One Piece is a work with a lot of sexist content. Based on interviews, Oda has said some questionable things, but I am very insistent on not making remarks on people, just their work. I know the general sentiment is the same, that there is sexist shit going on in relation to OP, but given the textbooks I've written on how I have nothing to say on Oda himself...you know, just so we're clear.

Veelk

Banned
I think he has you on ignore dude, not sure it's worth responding.

I'm not responding for his benefit. I don't even frequent here that much, just drop by from time to time, and I mostly don't make too much off topic discussion, so this whole issue doesn't even affect me much anyway. But if you guys want to determine how harsh the mods are on this stuff, responding to the points he brings up is useful, regardless if he himself doesn't read it. The goal is to argue the point for everyone's benefit, not his. Same thing with the sexist thing. Even if he doesn't read it, if someone else forgot that I have nothing to say about Oda himself, then there you go.

I'll leave with this: remember when you guys finally decided to bring in a mod because you wanted that line one line of discussion to stop, but no one was willing to drop it? A mod came in and said it was off topic discussion: we were discussing metacriticism at this point, not even criticism of OP. It was off topic, it went on for a while and....s/he told us to knock it off and that's how it ended.

That's how it's always been done in my experience. So a small side discussion, that's not "this thread is out of control" material. Worst case scenerio, a mod will come and ask you to stop. More likely scenerio is that no one will even care so long as the talk doesn't take over the thread.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
This is such a great meme

Spoilers are out.

Ichiji is introduced. Has long hair and a sword and looks really cool.
Sanji's dad is at the reveries. Clockbeard is him.
Totland is a food source for Big Mom.
Pudding disagrees with her mom and wants to escape from her rule.
Bonney is a daughter of Big Mom.
Yonji wants to kill Sanji.
All of these spoilers are fake
The actual spoiler is crazier than this

Hail Trump

Awww pudding is so darn sweet. Can we take her along just because.

Sanji doing what he does best with the ladies my man.

Lol at their faces cuz sanji turned her down

Them bros ,those hair styles. Lol vinsmokes are too smooth

SolVanderlyn

ICHIJI AND NIJI THE BEST

Also like half of my fake spoilers were true? lol. The daughter who ran away is very obviously Bonney

SolVanderlyn

Wasn't Lola looking for someone to marry her? Nami had a reaction in the next panel as well.
Oh, you're right. Could be Lola as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom