• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

smurfx

get some go again
Big Mom's power might have a weakness though. Muscat gets warned that if he is afraid, she'll take his life span. So I'm guessing that since Luffy is fearless and whatnot that her power can't work on him?
i want to see how much more powerful her abilities get after she awakens them. i'm thinking she can reduce the lifespan of everything on the island she is fighting on. that means if luffy ever fought her he would need to make his haki stronger to withstand the effects and it would mean their fight would have a time limit before his lifespan ran out. that definitely seems like what a battle against an emperor would go like.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Events are happening much more quickly than in the other arcs, plus we're getting a greater amount of cut-away scenes as the story builds up. Could that be it?
Also, half the crew is missing again, and a lot is happening all at once. It's like we just got to a new island, now they're skipping islands, Jinbei showed up, Big Mom and her talking everythings are weird, Sanji and his family are in the background, etc.

Also, half the crew is missing again, and a lot is happening all at once. It's like we just got to a new island, now they're skipping islands, Jinbei showed up, Big Mom and her talking everythings are weird, Sanji and his family are in the background, etc.

Kinda feels like the events that led up to the Whitebeard War!

Not a fan of this chapter, I guess because of the wait. One of those chapters that's good for build up but doesn't stand well on its own.

One Piece is so much better when you read a lot at once.

Yeah I agree. It's strange as not much occurred but we now have confirmation of many essential pieces such as Pedro, Big Mom's Powers, and Jinbei's gift.

It was an interesting way to introduce Big Mom, but yeah, I guess It's simply a plot scenario we all were expecting (her turning out to be a crazy eater).

Someone mentioned that perhaps Caesar Clown was hired originally to help cure Big Mom's disorder, would definitely be interesting.

Even the dialogue. The pace is strange.

Is it? I feel like a lot of One Piece arcs have a lot of events happening in the beginning and usually slow down in the middle.
We're still seven chapters into Totland/Whole Cake Island/...ummmm. The color page called this the "Sanji Retrieval Arc." Not sure if that's the legit name.

Vol. 82 cover

cQY5UuL.jpg

Luffy's wearing his brown pants today.
Deadpool reference.

Wow, surprised with that Vivi in the cover. Sounds like she will be more important than we expected.

Also, I don't trust Pedro. There's either two things that are going on. Either he's actually working for big mom and has been leaking information, or Oda's just using all the "i've been here before" suspiciousness as a red herring to cover up for the fact that Pudding is the one that ratted them out.
Yeah, I think it will be Pedro vs. Pudding, friend or foe.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That's an awesome cover. I'm surprised it's so clean compared to the last several. The inclusion of Vivi is interesting. Maybe it's to attract Japanese fans to say "Hey, Vivi is in this volume!" Then again, it doesn't take much to sell new volumes.

Reading the latest author comments, seems Oda has the same aversion to saying "lol" that I do.

Samemind

Pedro helped Lola out, which is why her Zombie wanted to marry Absalom so badly, because he has a lion face.
Not for nothing but it just occurred to me, isnt it likely that perona's animal minions were actually all mink people? That would make their first appearance in the series earlier than the mention they had on the slave auction list in shabondy.

Ray Down

Banned
Not for nothing but it just occurred to me, isnt it likely that perona's animal minions were actually all mink people? That would make their first appearance in the series earlier than the mention they had on the slave auction list in shabondy.

Could be, nice find.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Shanks stopped Kaido from showing up at the Paramount War. Blackbeard is about as hardcore as it gets. We just don't see them doing stuff on screen.

Ray Down

Banned
Blackbeard is a pirate, like he acts like a hardcore pirate. Meanwhile big mom eats ppl, has an eating disorder and kaido likes to try nd kill himself

He for all we know Blackbeard was weird quirks, like making people eat terrible cherry pies or making people watch his Ventriloquist act.

You have a disturbed mind, Ray. >.>

Someone pointed it out to me and I cannot unsee it.

He for all we know Blackbeard was weird quirks, like making people eat terrible cherry pies or making people watch his Ventriloquist act.

Someone pointed it out to me and I cannot unsee it.
Someone pointed it out to yea uh huh sure. We all know your disturbed ray
You like 4kids dub that says enough

SolVanderlyn

Man, that Punk Hazard cover is like the American Kirby box art

kirby_1.jpg

Scowl central

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom