• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Down

Banned
They've got a bad habit of making Luffy seem like he's struggling, when in the manga he never did. Particularly on final hits, they did the same thing vs Ceasar, turned it into this big power struggle instead of a clean blowing away.

Also Luffy's Culverin attack stretched for like a literal goddamned mile in the anime, it chased Doflamingo for an hour, it was absurd.

Yep, hell even in Awakening Dolfa couldn't beat him.

Luffy was still wreaking him.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
luffy did not struggle when landing the final punch in the manga. he straight up blew right past doflamingos attack and ended him.

They basically turned a Bellamy into a Beam Struggle. That was so dumb... and the impact still felt weak, especially compared to the manga.

Ray Down

Banned
They basically turned a Bellamy into a Beam Struggle. That was so dumb... and the impact still felt weak, especially compared to the manga.

Yep.

Though I do got to say the Sengoku and Law talk was excellent and I felt the emotion.

Though They needed to use a different sound effect for Sengoku tears.

Yep, hell even in Awakening Dolfa couldn't beat him.

Luffy was still wreaking him.

I don't think Doflamingo even landed a single solid hit on Gear 4 Luffy.

When you really look at it, Gear 4 was a significant upgrade for Luffy conaidering he was pretty much getting his ass kicked without it.

Ray Down

Banned
I don't think Doflamingo even landed a single solid hit on Gear 4 Luffy.

When you really look at it, Gear 4 was a significant upgrade for Luffy conaidering he was pretty much getting his ass kicked without it.

Yep, the kick he did to Luffy's side did nothing and he didn't get a hit with awakening just help luffy off for a bit from attacking him.

Hell Gear 4 is the only instance of someone breaking out of parasite.

Red Fire

I don't like seeing this thread die so I'll heat up some discussion.

Can we all agree that Magellan is the most OP bastard in One Piece ever? Dude is untouchable and has a monstrous range with his Hydra, he doesn't even need to move. Also he OHKOs everyone. He freakin one shotted the whole team of a (at that moment not yet, but still -) yonko at once! Also the future pirate king.

If it wasn't for Iva being there by chance and Shiryu having the antidote they would all be dead.

Bonus: he was the only major final boss of an arc who hasn't been beaten up

I don't like seeing this thread die so I'll heat up some discussion.

Can we all agree that Magellan is the most OP bastard in One Piece ever? Dude is untouchable and has a monstrous range with his Hydra, he doesn't even need to move. Also he OHKOs everyone. He freakin one shotted the whole team of a (at that moment not yet, but still -) yonko at once! Also the future pirate king.

If it wasn't for Iva being there by chance and Shiryu having the antidote they would all be dead.

Bonus: he was the only major final boss of an arc who hasn't been beaten up

I think anyone can touch him with armament haki.

And he was completely beaten by Blackbeard and his crew.

But I agree with hat he is a powerful foe and before the timeskip one of the most formidable.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Impel Down is such a good arc

It always gets overshadowed by Marineford, but it was slightly better, IMO

Red Fire

But I agree with hat he is a powerful foe and before the timeskip one of the most formidable.

Dunno, i mean he is no logia so he doesnt get hit like logias with haki. He could block it with his poison maybe?

Plus as i said he one shotted blackbeard and his crew. After that they got the antidote from shiryu so that is cheating :D

SIRF

Armament may help but it would still be hard to not inhale the poison.

And Blackbeard and his crew lost to him, it was only after that antidote that they were able to get a second shot at Meg. I’d put him at least at an admiral level.

I actually think armament haki wouldn't do anything against him. I mean, it only hardens your skin - how should that protect you from poison? Especially if you literally get drowned in it.

It's interesting though that he is basically helpless against someone who is immune to his poison.

Red Fire

Dude is eating poison as breakfast - not because he has to or it tastes amazing or anything, he is doing it just cause, to represent his ability. If that isn't boss as fuck.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Considering what his job was he'd need to be broken as hell

I have NO IDEA how Hannyabal took over his position. He's a total pushover.

Cwarrior

Magellan had 2 shichibukai (jinbe,crocodile), invan,inazuma, mr 2,mr3,buggy,daz bones and luffy running for there lives.

he beat luffy, ivan and blackbeard whole crew in one arc, yeah that's pretty op.

After seeing beauty of hajrudin's gungnir punch and Elizabello's King punch, king kong gun punch got out staged badly.

maxresdefault.jpg

Dunno, i mean he is no logia so he doesnt get hit like logias with haki. He could block it with his poison maybe?

Plus as i said he one shotted blackbeard and his crew. After that they got the antidote from shiryu so that is cheating :D
Wait, I thought he was logia.

Anyway, if I remember correctly the antidote cured them but didn't make them immune, right? If that was the case, Blackbeard crew didn't get any stronger. What Magellan had was the surprise effect, since they never clashed before. Once they knew how his abilities worked, they defeated him. It has been a long time since I read that arc so I may be forgetting the details.

Genryu

Banned
I wonder if Magellen can make basically any type of poison with his ability? He does show that he can make different types like chlorine gas and the like, but if someone were immune to his poison could he just make different types of poison until he hits the one that works?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Popping in for my monthly (bi-monthly?) "Is there a new crewmate yet?" question.

Also, is there a place to get a recap of whats been going on for the last year or 2? Last full arc I read was fishman island :(

jbug617

Banned
Mmmm predictions..idk.
We could catch back up with sanji to see if reuji and yonji have got to him yet. And start setting up that family reunion Or we just follow luffy and company and find out why Pekoms is gone

SolVanderlyn

I want to see Sanji interact with at least one member of his family

SolVanderlyn

I think Ichiji is my favorite character design in all of One Piece

7XeYeiw.png

Look at that suave mofo

He's like Blues/Protoman and 80's anime heroes, One Piece-ified, except he's a professional assassin, and he's Sanji's older brother... WHAT ELSE COULD YOU EVER WANT???

I guess we'll be getting the cover for Vol. 82 next week? Usually gets shown two weeks before the volume releases.
I'd like to see a tall and detailed Zunisha in the background, towering above the samurai and Jack. Mayyyybe the poneglyph. Having Kaido and Big Mom on the cover would be too good to be true.

I guess we'll be getting the cover for Vol. 82 next week? Usually gets shown two weeks before the volume releases.
I'd like to see a tall and detailed Zunisha in the background, towering above the samurai and Jack. Mayyyybe the poneglyph. Having Kaido and Big Mom on the cover would be too good to be true.

It's a busy volume. You've got Zou and all the revelations there regarding Raftel, Marco, and Wano. Then you have the Reverie. THEN you have Big Mom at the end.

Not sure what Oda will prioritize but it'll be pretty cool.

Ray Down

Banned

Hopefully in the next volume we see Jack colors.

Since he is a fishman he should have a very different skin color.

Nocebo

Seems like a crazy revelation. And a hint to Big mum's power.
Luffy and co are navigating to whole cake island but run into a centipede monster and get ready to fight it when it cuts to a different scene.
On whole cake island big mum is going wild and crazy. Apparently she has a "disease" where a random treat/food will pop into her head and she absolutely has to eat it to be satisfied. She starts destroying stuff and attacking people. Even one of her own sons. She says "life or treat" to him and something oozes out of his body. It seems like she is able to extract someone's life span or life essence? She takes 40 years off of her son's life span.
People are running for their lives.
Suddenly someone rises up out of the river of juice.
It's jinbei! The citizens are calling him boss/chief.
Jinbei throws the treat Big mum desired into her mouth.
Big mum is satisfied and snaps out of her rampage. "Oh, there's my loyal warrior of the sea, Jinbei"
Apparently Jinbei gave her a poneglyph as a present earlier?
Jinbei says he has come to tell her something important.
Chapter ends with big mum making a scary face and saying that she will not allow him to quit or something. edit: apparently she says "you're not going to quit on us are you?!"

Kain

Chapter is out!

What a frikkin psychopath, she seems way scarier than Kaidou. She killed her own son in a fit of rage and all (she has like 50 but what the hell xD).

And Jinbe has balls of steel.

She took his life force away? Wth is her devil fruit? She drooled on him than pulled something out of him. This chick is crazy.

Also shout out to my we'll be on whole cake island prediction

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Damn, Linlin is nuts. If she doesn't get a certain thing, everyone dies. Even her own kids. I can't see her being redeemed (not that I ever saw that happening like some people).
So it looks like the unseen person she ate back in her introduction (at the end of Fishman Island) might have been one of the talking sweets. I'm just curious how everything is alive. Her DF power doesn't seem to do that, though I can't tell what her power is really.

Oh hi Jinbe.

EDIT: I noticed when she grabbed her son's life force (?) she said "40 years". Perhaps this is a secret to how she's been able to give birth to 85 kids. She takes away people's years and makes them her own. Just a guess though.

Kain

What's interesting about her DF (?) in relation to Kaidou ... would she be able to kill him?

As others have said, it seems she can take years away from the lifespan of people, probably adding them to her own. That and she seems monstruously strong, as expected.

She might very well be inmortal like Kaidou, but in a different way. She's super scary xD

I wonder how Shanks can be amongst these people. We suspect he has no DF, so what, he has the strongest Haki in the world? Does he have a DF after all? These yonkou are crazy and it seems that with WB's death the balance of power (Two good guys, two bad guys) is completely broken. And Luffy of course is screwing with THE THREE of them. Bad stuff is going to happen to the world...

Oh, and BM's DF doesn't explain (that we know) the living candy, maybe there is another Sugar. Or maybe she can put the lifespan onto candy and inanimate objects after all. That would mean all of the islands are made by the deaths of countless people :S

kurahador

Holy shit Big Mom is batshit crazy. I still don't understand how everything can talk somehow, even the creme bouche.
And if it's part of the life force she stole, did Jinbei just basically murder bunch of people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom