• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
This arc is so tonally weird and different from pretty much every other arc I've read. It's hard to explain. It's still one piece, but it just feels so radically weird.

Also, I don't trust Pedro. There's either two things that are going on. Either he's actually working for big mom and has been leaking information, or Oda's just using all the "i've been here before" suspiciousness as a red herring to cover up for the fact that Pudding is the one that ratted them out.
Carrot the TRAITOR

Carrot the TRAITOR
tumblr_inline_o050vuLXGb1su1pqh_500-1451495617.gif

Haha wouldn't be the first time she had to fight a woman because of sanji
I ship Sanji and Pudding, but the ship with Nami and Sanji on it has so many holes that it never left the dock.

I wonder if this is the arc where finally sanji will fight a woman.
Probably the best time for it if it ever happens.

Nami would want a real man, not Sanji.

She would be looking at Pedro, Buggy, The ramen noodle guy..........
Luffy.
Agreed, but I like the idea that Nami builds an orphnage or something in her latter years. Maybe like a pirate crew that goes around saving kids.

Luffy x Vivi for life

Jarate

Banned
oh god, is the shipping community moving to One Piece ;-;

guys, ship[ping kills fanbases, we need to end it before it starts to plague us like it did with Naruto

oh god, is the shipping community moving to One Piece ;-;

guys, ship[ping kills fanbases, we need to end it before it starts to plague us like it did with Naruto
It's been here since the beginning!!!!

I think it's pretty harmless to talk about it since romantic relationships are not a core aspect of the series in any way or teased out like Naruto was. We can talk all day about it but it's not the point of the story, and I don't think anyone can 100% with confidence say we'll even get a pairing-esque ending let alone who each character will end up with.

That being said, Vivi.

Only if said woman ate the Male Male Fruit or looks like a man.

I mean, this is probably the time when we'll learn the origin of Sanji's deal with women, and that could lead to him "overcoming" it to say, i.e: save someone from the crew in direct danger, Nami, etc. That change in his character could be very important and meaningful for his growth, and after all, what he did in Ennies Lobby always left us wonder when it'll come back to bite him in the ass.

This is the time, i just hope it's done respectfully.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Judging by Yonji, Sanji has no deep underlying reason for not fighting women. He just takes chivalry to an extreme.

Judging by Yonji, Sanji has no deep underlying reason for not fighting women. He just takes chivalry to an extreme.
Well it clearly runs in the family, so perhaps it was how they were raised?
But you're right, it would have been more interesting imo if Sanji was unique among his family.

Metal B

You not have such a strong character trait, which almost got him killed, without a reason. You don't need always to explain those reasons, but if you want to explore the past of a character, the background behind such a trait should be shown.

My guess is, that he had someone, who he strongly respected, teach him this trait. Something happened to this person and Sanji makes his family indirect responsible (enough that he leaves them, but not completely despise them).

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Then we'd have the Alternate Universe Vinsmoke Family.

Sasuke Vinsmoke
Kakashi Vinsmoke
Naruto Vinsmoke
Lee Vinsmoke
Sakura Vinsmoke

I ship Sanji and Pudding, but the ship with Nami and Sanji on it has so many holes that it never left the dock.

With Nami's behavior since his departure, it has been stronger than ever.

Weird to think he was gonna be named Naruto originally.

It's because of his eyebrows. Naruto can mean whirlpool in Japanese. I guess Oda wanted to keep his name sea focused, so he changed to (three o'clock), the starboard position in navigation. A clock also rotates like a whirlpool.

Ray Down

Banned
Then we'd have the Alternate Universe Vinsmoke Family.

Sasuke Vinsmoke
Kakashi Vinsmoke
Naruto Vinsmoke
Lee Vinsmoke
Sakura Vinsmoke

I would be good to see a relevant Lee and Sakura.

lolwat
She wasn't really too excited when she initially thought Yonji was Sanji.

And here's to the worst!
cd5106168e1c42e264f01c8e5742930b.jpg

Yeah, she was like oh good sanji back maybe he can help Luffy.

And Dragon can't be that bad:
ac5ee4d138eff37bbc074cac2bf66e34.jpg

At least Roger has death being his getout of dad card.

Never ever meant she didn't care at all. She just doesn't care in a romantic way.

And I'm not even,
Luffy x Vivi all the way.

Then we agree, of course she doesn't care romantically, she doesn't love him. There is no romance between strawhat characters. You just seemed to say that their relationship was impossible with the ship full of holes thing. I just tried to say that she seems closer to him than before, which is not a big deal either.

Oh yeah, I remember you saying Luffy x Nami was pretty real or something like that, but it seems you were talking about Vivi too back then. Apologies. I like Luffy and Vivi together.

Then we agree, of course she doesn't care romantically, she doesn't love him. There is no romance between strawhat characters. You just seemed to say that their relationship was impossible with the ship full of holes thing. I just tried to say that she seems closer to him than before, which is not a big deal either.

Oh yeah, I remember you saying Luffy x Nami was pretty real or something like that, but it seems you were talking about Vivi too back then. Apologies.
Ah I see, yeah you're definitely right, and I do appreciate that the SH's actually give a shit about each other like a family after all they've been through.

And yeah Nami and Vivi are my two picks, but Nami is definitely the popular choice. Getting flashbacks to Naruto when
NaruHina was confirmed and I found that there was a literal forum for NaruSaku fans that went postal.
Thankfully Oda aint about that life.

Ah I see, yeah you're definitely right, and I do appreciate that the SH's actually give a shit about each other like a family after all they've been through.

And yeah Nami and Vivi are my two picks, but Nami is definitely the popular choice. Getting flashbacks to Naruto when
NaruHina was confirmed and I found that there was a literal forum for NaruSaku fans that went postal.
Thankfully Oda aint about that life.

Yeah, if it was to end like Naruto I hope Oda avoids it. lol

I remember frog-fu going crazy in the Naruto thread.

SolVanderlyn

At least Roger was dead before Ace was born, Dragon is total shit though and I say the same about Garp

Yeah, he had time to go to Luffy island to party but not to visit his wife and son
Garp could have been a great dad. Dragon was probably a shit son too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom