• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genryu

Banned
You would think Franky's bounty would be higher because the government would fear that he had memorized the blueprints for pluton.

Did Spandam even inform the world government about Franky and how he had the plans for Pluton? I don't remember if he did, because I would think he would keep hush-hush about them because he wanted to use Pluton himself.

Red Fire

You would think Franky's bounty would be higher because the government would fear that he had memorized the blueprints for pluton.

Yeah this too. It just doesn't make any sense.

There is even a character in Animal Crossing based on Franky named Furanku:

kai.png

aBarreras

they dont want to make pirates more notorious, thats why luffy bounty didnt increase after thriller bark, at least is see it that way

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
they dont want to make pirates more notorious, thats why luffy bounty didnt increase after thriller bark, at least is see it that way

come on, there are people out there wtih bounties over 1 billion. People who DON'T have the potential to destroy the world.

The way I see it is if people didn't see it, it didn't happen. That's why luffy bounty didn't go up in thriller bark because they wanted to hide the fact luffy beat yet another warlord, hell only reason his bounty went up in alabasta is because the citizens knew he beat crocodile and even than they didn't even give him the credit for beating him

Depends on your definition of use. Usopp awakening Haki was probably the greatest and most important thing that happened in all of Dresrossa regarding the crew.

It was a great personal achievement for Usopp. But Franky's features were more difficult to accomplish regarding fights and opponents.

Robin and Franky need billion bounties. The WG is gonna go nuts once they realize Robin was the literal key to their downfall.
It was a great personal achievement for Usopp. But Franky's features were more difficult to accomplish regarding fights and opponents.
I mean, the story would have ended if not for Usopp in that moment. I'd say that snipe was more difficult to pull off than anything Franky has done against his gag opponents.

Give me a real Franky fight where he goes all out!

MaxHouse

Banned
i havn't read this manga in years

so i have 3 questions.

1. how many more years is oda going to continue this manga?

2. have they ever hinted on anything about the nature of one piece treasure?

3. How powerful is current Luffy?

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS

so i have 3 questions.

No one knows

Little to none

Who knows but a yonko fight is in the future

And you may want to wait a little longer, we're in full throttle mode ever since dressrosa

so i have 3 questions.

While it's a bit until the manga ends, it's obvious they're preparing for end game. You should read now.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
1. Sanji
2. Luffy
3. Nami
4. Zoro
5. Usopp
6. Brook
7. Jinbei
8. Franky
9. Robin
10. Chopper

Robin had the best arc in the series and a GREAT flashback, but... hasn't been that interesting since then. Chopper is just eh all around and always has been. Monster Chopper was some seriously cool stuff and now it's just Happy Godzilla. Kung Fu point is some garbage too.

I like them all though.

MaxHouse

Banned
I feel like One Piece is the one manga that people don't really complain about the manga over-stretching and continuing on and on

both Naruto and Bleach were being criticized for going on for so long..bleach still getting that criticism

I feel like One Piece is the one manga that people don't really complain about the manga over-stretching and continuing on and on

both Naruto and Bleach were being criticized for going on for so long..bleach still getting that criticism
If it ever falls in quality sure people will complain. Since hype has been as high as ever it ain't happening

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I feel like Naruto really only dipped twice (immediately post timeskip and during the war) but everyone loves to dump on everything in part 2.

Bleach was only good for one arc. But it was REALLY good. Soul Society was some next level stuff, on par with any bit of One Piece. Not sure how it spilled so heavily afterward...

Lunar15

While I still enjoy it, I've felt that some of the post timeskip has been a bit of over-stretching.

Lunar15

I don't think people liked Fishman Island.

I actually look back on Fishman Island somewhat fondly. Dressrosa, to me, was pretty bad. Just went on forever, introduced far too many characters, and I didn't find the ending to be all that powerful or meaningful.

That's kind of the problem with a timeskip. You kinda lost that feeling of the characters growing in power through the previous arcs. Fishman Island and Dressrosa both suffer from everyone feeling pretty much on top of their game.

1. Sanji
2. Luffy
3. Nami
4. Zoro
5. Usopp
6. Brook
7. Jinbei
8. Franky
9. Robin
10. Chopper

Robin had the best arc in the series and a GREAT flashback, but... hasn't been that interesting since then. Chopper is just eh all around and always has been. Monster Chopper was some seriously cool stuff and now it's just Happy Godzilla. Kung Fu point is some garbage too.

I like them all though.

I like her Revolutionary Army ties. I wish we got to see her hang with them.

Dandte

1. Vivi best Princess And well it's always the Same But best Kingdom reclamation
2. Zoro only dude Who can stay calm And has the right decisions
3. Robin best Story arc
4. Nami best Girl And Best Moment: help me
5. Sanji nearly as good as marimo
6. (Old) Franky fun guy
7. luffy not funny guy
8. Chopper sometimes good, Most of the as usefull as the ball of hair My neighbours cat spits out
9. Brook his Song was good
10. I needed 5 min To remember who is missing...usopp

Yes i count Vivi as an Nakama: X

marmoka

Banned
There seem to be many possibilities now with Jimbe becoming the next straw hat. Reading the flashback at the beginning of the chapter, I would say that he is even ready to sacrifice for the Strawhat crew, just like in Marineford, where he decided that place would be his tomb. All my hopes were for Vivi joining them, but I guess we will still have to wait.

There are only 156 chapters translated into Basque, but the local TV channel broadcasts the same chapters all over again, instead of dubbing new ones. Right now they are in the Alabasta arc. I love that arc, and I don't mind rewatching it, Vivi is a character i really loved when I watched that arc for the first time. I also loved Miss All Sundays, because she was a really interesting and misterious girl; she was one of the bad guys, and you could see she was very smart, and had something clever in mind, she would become epic somehow. I was sad because Vivi didn't join them in the end, but Robin became a great addition.

Whatever, I really miss Vivi, I want her back and have an important role in the story, not to make just a small appearance in the Reverie.

daveo42

Banned
Reading this chapter made me remember how dense the world of One Piece is. That bit with Jinbei being part of Mom's crew after the death of Whitebeard makes me realize just how much stuff actually happened during that two year break. Like once One Piece finally ends (lol) I'd love some sort of book or manga or color walk or something on all the crazy shit that went down during that time. Even with the big stuff we already got, there is so much more we have missed out on.

Wait..who's that beside Carrot on the last page?

Yah...no clue who that is. They they somehow pick up a straggler on the syurp sea?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom