• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majukun

95% sure it's just nami

the fatc that she has different clothes in the two panels is either a mistake by oda or she just discarded the armour once she woke up and saw they reached the island

I think it's Nami wearing an armor, probably a gag to show how scared she was about the ants. She slept in that junk.

Crippled Jinbe for nakama?

I guess we'll see next chapter if Pudding was telling the truth or if she really met Sanji. I wouldn't be surprised if she brings Yonji. lol

ffdgh

I don't particularly want him to join but I'd greatly prefer if he didn't lose a body part in the process if possible lol.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Oh man, we'll see if Jinbe can still fight without an arm or leg.

Didn't expect Aladine to be spelled that way. Half-Mermaid daughter of Linlin, makes me wonder how Merfolk reproduce with humans.

Pretty sure the person in armor is Nami, she just took it off really fast between panels.

Oh man, we'll see if Jinbe can still fight without an arm or leg.

Didn't expect Aladine to be spelled that way. Half-Mermaid daughter of Linlin, makes me wonder how Merfolk reproduce with humans.

Pretty sure the person in armor is Nami, she just took it off really fast between panels.

Name one One Piece character who lost a limb and became unable to fight because of that lol

Also, Nami is seen in one of the next panels in completely different clothes

mrmickfran

"That's no way to get ahead in life, Jimbei!" #skulljokes
159.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Name one One Piece character who lost a limb and became unable to fight because of that lol

Also, Nami is seen in one of the next panels in completely different clothes

True on that first part

Again she could have gotten out of the armor very fast.

Kreed

One Piece 830:

Kind of hoping Jinbei doesn't lose a limb since I like Jinbei's design as is, but I'm sure Oda will come up with something clever if he does lose one (probably a limb made by Franky). Jinbei and his crew not wanting to fight against Big Mom says a lot though about her strength. I just can't see this rescue mission going smoothly and Oda NOT having Luffy fight Big Mom in some way, but everything is pointing towards Luffy really fleeing after rescuing Sanji.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Jinbei getting nerved before joining the Strawhats was expected - cant break up the Power Balance and having Sanji not being part of the Power Trio.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Which is why I never wanted him in the official crew in the first place. Something was going to have to happen

Yeah, we knew for a long time that he was going to join but Oda had to put all the puzzle pieces in the right place otherwise it would just kill the Crew power structure...which isnt something the readers want.

Jinbei will be gimped after this event and Sanji is likely to get a power boost and epic fight/major time to shine this Arc.

RomanceDawn

Thats Nami wearing armor. She slept in it because she didn't want to get bitten by ants like the rest of the crew. Look at their bandages. She then immediately takes it off as they explore the island.

Oh my gosh! I'm sooooo happy!!!!!!!

I've been waiting for this conversation between Jinbe and his crew! I always imagined it would go something like this as well. I've been saying for years that Jinbe is the type who does everything for everyone else trying to be Super Man. I always looked at him like Robin, someone just weighed down who needs the Straw Hats to be free. Even in his cover story you can tell he'll go out of his way to help everyone because its the right thing to do but dang does he get tired of everyone else's ship!

Sometime in 2010 I remember debating with people in person at a convention about Jinbe joining. I had no allies in that fight. It was a good 20 people surrounding us and listening in and no one saw things the way I had. The debate ended with me "losing" because everyone said Jinbe would only be an ally, this was before the blood transfusion scene mind you. I remember specifically mentioning that Jinbe does so much for everyone else that joining the Straw Hats would be something for his own sake. Mainly because joining Luffy would be the best way to aid human and fisherman relations, Luffy is the guy who could change the world after all. But at that anime convention the people(at Arlong Park too) rightfully told me that it would be impossible for Jinbe to be aware of something like that. For us as readers yes but not someone within the story. Thinking about it now though, doesn't it just make absolute perfect sense that a future Straw Hat would have all the faith in the world to know that by following Luffy they would have the best chances of realizing their dreams? Oh how I would love to see the faces of those people after the transfusion and after todays chapter!

Oh I'm so excited! Can you tell?!

Another thing of note is the designs of Jinbe's crew and after all this time we've only got one other named individual. Well 3 now if you count Wadatsumi and the new half hammer head. There is a look'alike of Vander Deckin's A/B in there, and some cool looking people like that Zora guitar player with hair coving his eyes but no one else really stands out with a design and personality that would help carry the plot forward.

Except for Aladine, all the important Fishmen and Mermaids appeared in the Tiger flash back and it looks like the random rest just followed Jinbe. With the sudden resolution of their feelings about Jinbe leaving, no given names and designs, to me it looks like they were always intended to be left behind somewhat as an after thought.

I mean I know they will continue to play a role as a group and maybe this opinion is too strong too soon but does anyone else see where I am coming from?

Not that its a bad thing and surely we will see more from a few of them later but seeing them all in one big group like that and just agreeing to let Jinbe go after seeing next to nothing of them is just interesting is all.

I don't want Jinbe losing a limb...

Oh and look at him blush! Robin has eyes for Jinbe but Jinbe's heart belongs to Luffy!

Well, i'm pretty sure they'll revive Big Mom's son somehow, no way she just killed him (this is OP).

And Oda would never kill jimbe just like that, please. I'd have believed it if the guys at punk hazard died but again, this is OP.

I'm guessing the reason most people trying to leave Big Mom die is because they try to run away/get scared after seeing the roulette, which allows Big Mom to use her power to take away their life span

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I wonder when the bomb is gonna go off. It's been sometime now.
HAHAHA I totally forgot about this. This is definitely how Big Mom is going to be defeated. Luffy starts to run away, she seems invincible, bomb goes off.

I've noticed that on Big Mama's roulette wheel, there are 2 different icons that look like a head: One that looks like a normal chopped off head, and then the other one which has a crown on it. Seeing as how this crown icon is the most ambiguous, I'm guessing this is probably either whoever Jinbe wishes to serve, or the king of the nation that that person serves.

Way back during Fishman Island, Shirley had that vision of Luffy being responsible for destroying Fishman Island. At the time, the people of the kingdom took that as how Luffy brought the kingdom back to square one and got them to re-evalute their positions on human relations. Shirley, however, even thought to herself that she was really unsure about it since her vision showed that the country was clearly destroyed and it being Luffy's fault and still felt really uneasy about everything, but decided to just hope her feelings were wrong.

Basically, I'm guessing that the roulette is going to land on the "king" icon and Big Mama is going to destroy Fishman Island as Jinbe's "sacrifice" for leaving. Since he's leaving specifically to join Luffy, this would make Luffy inadvertently responsible for the destruction of the kingdom. That's what I'm going with, anyway. I doubt Jinbe is actually getting dismembered.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Luffy destroyed Dressrosa too technically. Even if it was "reborn" as a better nation.

Fishman Island is doomed one way or another.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Which is why I never wanted him in the official crew in the first place. Something was going to have to happen
Ehhh, Zoro is aiming to take down an emperor'a rival and warlord. Luffy is aiming for pirate king and has taken out 3 warlords on his own. WB and Shanks have admiral and warlord-level fighters in their crews. I don't see the big deal in Luffy getting Jinbe on his crew when you consider Luffy is aiming past WB and Shanks.

It's just that all the warlords up to now have been arc bosses, but Luffy:
1. already befriended the WB pirates
2. Teamed up with warlords
3. is siblings with the chief of staff of the Revolutionaries and WB's 3rd division commander, who was also offered a warlord position before he caught WB'S eye. Both siblings have aided and fought alongside Luffy already.
4. is going to be aided by the Hero of the Marines, Garp, who has to go through a redemption arc after hesitating to save Ace, and will die with a smile on his face, like all Ds do.
5. Has already befriended 4 additional Revolutionary commanders, either directly or through Sabo.
6. Has been aides by, and will be aided by, Dragon, the leader of the Revolutionaries, most wanted man in the world.
7. Is being bet on by Shanks, an emperor (WB, too)
8. Was trained by the 1st mate of Roger.
9. Demonstrated the ability to take out Doflamingo with one serious punch

Plus, Nami is arguably already the top Navigator in the world, and Usopp is on his way to being the best marksman. This crew is full of gifted and driven prodigies.

SolVanderlyn

Pac-man ghosts

SolVanderlyn

Brook gonna get revived with Big Mom's time powers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom