• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kreed

Ehhh, Zoro is aiming to take down an emperor'a rival and warlord. Luffy is aiming for pirate king and has taken out 3 warlords on his own. WB and Shanks have admiral and warlord-level fighters in their crews. I don't see the big deal in Luffy getting Jinbe on his crew when you consider Luffy is aiming past WB and Shanks.

It's just that all the warlords up to now have been arc bosses, but Luffy:
1. already befriended the WB pirates
2. Teamed up with warlords
3. is siblings with the chief of staff of the Revolutionaries and WB's 3rd division commander, who was also offered a warlord position before he caught WB'S eye. Both siblings have aided and fought alongside Luffy already.
4. is going to be aided by the Hero of the Marines, Garp, who has to go through a redemption arc after hesitating to save Ace, and will die with a smile on his face, like all Ds do.
5. Has already befriended 4 additional Revolutionary commanders, either directly or through Sabo.
6. Has been aides by, and will be aided by, Dragon, the leader of the Revolutionaries, most wanted man in the world.
7. Is being bet on by Shanks, an emperor (WB, too)
8. Was trained by the 1st mate of Roger.
9. Demonstrated the ability to take out Doflamingo with one serious punch

Plus, Nami is arguably already the top Navigator in the world, and Usopp is on his way to being the best marksman. This crew is full of gifted and driven prodigies.

The argument for weakening Jinbei currently is because Jinbei is arguably on the same level as Luffy and Law strength wise. Of course eventually Luffy will dwarf Jinbei for all the reasons you've listed, but as it stands Jinbei joining the crew would break the "unspoken rule" of the captain always being the strongest (and shounen manga logic). Personally I agree with Aaronrules380 that Jinbei losing a limb probably is not going to weaken him much (especially if Franky gives him a substitute), but we'll see next chapter.

smurfx

get some go again
wonder how big mom's power works. if she removes years off of your life do you then hit a certain age and that is your cut off and you die? like some kind of countdown. i think big mom will likely remove a ton of years off of jimbei's life. maybe this is where bonney would make her self useful. she might be the one that keeps jimbei alive by making him younger and keeping death from coming. maybe this is how they counter big mom's power and defeat her. she is likely going to remove a bunch of years off of luffy too at some point. perhaps this is how luffy gets off of her island. she removes the majority of his life and gives him and jimbei only 1 year of life and he has to defeat kaido before that year is up and if he does she returns their life force.

Big One

Banned
Am I the only one that thinks we might just get both Jinbe AND Pekoms as Strawhats this arc? This chapter pretty much established Jinbei, and Pedro mentioning his piracy with Pekoms suggests Pekoms does indeed have a dream related to the poneglyphs for some reason. Plus Oda mentioned a while back that the next Strawhats might join "back-to-back" and one of them will be a "previous villain." Seems natural to me at least.

Am I the only one that thinks we might just get both Jinbe AND Pekoms as Strawhats this arc? This chapter pretty much established Jinbei, and Pedro mentioning his piracy with Pekoms suggests Pekoms does indeed have a dream related to the poneglyphs for some reason. Plus Oda mentioned a while back that the next Strawhats might join "back-to-back" and one of them will be a "previous villain." Seems natural to me at least.

previous villain thing was a long time ago and referred to the marineford teamups

Squishy3

she can probably just "eat" anything, even if it's stuff that doesn't exist in a concrete form like a person's lifespan. honestly this is the thing that feels most like a stand in one piece.

Grexeno

Don't you mean Jinbe and Carrot

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Carrot is going to die to create a shit got real moment

Big One

Banned
Don't you mean Jinbe and Carrot
I would like this better, but this recent chapter mentionign Pekoms and Pedro's quest to obtain poneglyphs suggests a lot when it comes to either of them joining the group. Carrot is just a fangirl type of character though I would rather her than Pekoms, she probably doesn't have a tragic backstory like Pekoms likely does.

I'm still set with Pudding/Jinbei. Though Oda is definitely setting up some kind of backstory/flashback for Pekoms and Pedro. Perhaps this will tie into Pudding's backstory somehow.

Either way, on top of Sanji and the Vinsmokes flashback this may be a very flashback heavy arc. Even Brook has some potential for a flashback as well.

RomanceDawn

Jinbe doesn't need to be nerfed. From his first appearance he has been shown in a far dimmer light than every War Lord to date except for Buggy. He is no where near Luffy and will make a nice addition resulting in the monster quartet.

Brook's certain Kingdom was probably destroyed by the Vinsmokes way back in the day which prompted him to a life of piracy.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Jinbe doesn't need to be nerfed. From his first appearance he has been shown in a far dimmer light than every War Lord to date except for Buggy. He is no where near Luffy and will make a nice addition resulting in the monster quartet.

Brook's certain Kingdom was probably destroyed by the Vinsmokes way back in the day which prompted him to a life of piracy.
Luffy, Zoro, Usopp, jinbei?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
This chapter is too much. Jinbe losing a body part, this mysterious figure behind Carrot. Oda PLEASE.
It was probably Nami.

Brook is definitely getting a flashback this arc. It's been hinted at since the Vinsmokes were introduced.

smurfx

get some go again
i don't think any of the minks are going to join. they are all destined to become part of the strawhat alliance. jimbei has a reason to join because he is trying to stop the discrimination against fishmen/mermen and he wants luffy to help make it happen. it's a big strawhat like dream. pekoms will probably form a pirate crew with some of the remnants of big mom's crew and carrot might join that if she wants to sail the sea. pedro might become an adventurer and help look for the lost poneglyph in order to help pay back luffy after he defeats kaido. carrot can easily join him if she wants to explore the sea.

Yeah, what's going on? Are half of you trying to troll the other half. Nami's on the same page in another panel with Brooke. How is she standing behind carrot as well?

Nami is also wearing a completely different distinctive top and black skirt. This character is also wearing a hat. Nami isn't.

SolVanderlyn

I figured it was a slight gag in how they had to fend off the ants.

Chances of All Blue showing up during this arc? Chances of it getting mentioned at all? It is a Sanji centric arc, after all. It hasn't even been mentioned since WAY back.

smurfx

get some go again
So who's standing at the cape is it actually pudding? Jinbe with his missing arm? Big mom with jinbes head in hand.
jimbei with his arms and legs missing. it's going to be a reenactment of zoro's scene in thriller bark. luffy is going to ask what happened to him and he won't answer because he is dead.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
What do you mean sanji already found his all blue. Xp
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

jimbei with his arms and legs missing. it's going to be a reenactment of zoro's scene in thriller bark. luffy is going to ask what happened to him and he won't answer because he is dead.

Can you even fucking imagine. Does Oda have the stones to turn this series R?

Ray Down

Banned
I figured it was a slight gag in how they had to fend off the ants.

Chances of All Blue showing up during this arc? Chances of it getting mentioned at all? It is a Sanji centric arc, after all. It hasn't even been mentioned since WAY back.

There all ways that one theory that connects it to One Piece or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom