• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT2| Four Emperors, One King, All Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched Rogersbase's review and he mentioned that Jinbei could just lost his little goatee instead of his head.

Would be funny, but I like Jinbei's goatee. :(

Ray Down

Banned
From the One Piece Newspaper there relasing before the movie, it fetured some stuff from Oda studio. One of the things is a huge diagram showing all the character relationships pre-time skip:
CloKvj1WgAACjyg.jpg:large

ckohler

In this week's issue, any idea what are those shadowy black things (one is holding a basket) that Mont D'or tells to "not leave for single second"?

Edit: I missed the discussion two pages back. So, did he say, "don't leave behind even a single second" or "do not leave for even a single second"? It's probably the former but it's weird either way. I wonder if they are connected to how everything is alive. Or are those things the result of the life that was stripped from the dead son?

Majukun

In this week's issue, any idea what are those shadowy black things (one is holding a basket) that Mont D'or tells to "not leave for single second"?

Edit: I missed the discussion two pages back. So, did he say, "don't leave behind even a single second" or "do not leave for even a single second"? It's probably the former but it's weird either way. I wonder if they are connected to how everything is alive. Or are those things the result of the life that was stripped from the dead son?

first translation said "do not leave for even a single second",but in the following hours they updated the page,chaging the dialogue to "don't leave behind even a single second"

it's not the only thing they changed,but i think it's the only one that changes the meaning of the phrase and isn't just some word choice

Big Mom reminds me of the phrase my mother liked to use when I was in trouble as a kid.

"If I can bring you into this world, I can sure take you out of it!"

Taken to a literal extreme.

We see lots of normally inanimate objects like suns and plants and clouds and candy singing and talking and dancing. I think Big Mom gave them life.

On the other hand she can take years of your life away.

Mother of Time is a concept that is far from new and I'm assuming Big Mom's power is something that allows her to give and take away life.

Pray for Jinbe
Dear lord usopp,

May you protect our new nakama Carrot from the evils of big mom, guide her as she makes her way thru the sea of syrup,

Shine light on her as she shows her worth this arc,give her to us o her daily Carrot.

And if jinbe must die for his sins to protect Carrot so be it.

Praise God usopp-Amen

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Well she can theoretically one shot anyone who shows "cowardice". If that last bit really is a requirement for her to use her power then Luffy should be fine.

It probably isn't, when Boa was first introduced, she had a pre-requisite for lust, turns out kicks and projecticles work too.

It pushed everybody down but pfft now that he's losing a limb it don't matter

Shanks didn't lose any fighting power according to Oda when he lost his arm, so it's not a sure bet

Ray Down

Banned
I enjoyed the opening although two things.

1. Surprized no road polygligh or whatever.

2. Nami dress is purple, always thought it would be black.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Arc system works(guity gear/blaze blue guys) One piece fighting game trailer

Interesting how the guys who made the last two 2d dragon ball z fight for 3ds is making a One piece fighting game and Ganbarion who normal makes the One piece games is making a 3ds dragon ball z rpg.

tradeing developers.

Time skip white pimp suite Commander Akainu has way too much swag for luffy to ever hope to defeat.

Ugh 3DS, what a fuckin waste. Imagine a One Piece game using the GGXrd engine.

liked some parts in the new opening saw

and some footage like the poneglyphs, etc... but in general the new OP was disappointing

guess they are keeping this a bit close to the chest since this is just a set up arc for the real arc after that

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Guys the other game they made, the DBZ game, is legit. REALLY good. I'd get excited if I were you.

liked some parts in the new opening saw

and some footage like the poneglyphs, etc... but in general the new OP was disappointing

guess they are keeping this a bit close to the chest since this is just a set up arc for the real arc after that

Totland Arc is only eight chapters deep. That's too new to make any appearances in this opening.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
My bet is

Short filler -> Zou -> Filler -> Totland

Luffy fighting Kaido in the OP? WTF? He's not going to do that for a long time. He hasn't done that in the manga and might never do that. lol. I hope this OP doesn't last fifty million eps like the last one. Hands Up was the only great post timeskip opening and it got shafted.

One Piece had such a good run of OPs up until OP 6 (Brand New World) and then they started being hit or miss...

SolVanderlyn

That's a strange way of spelling We Go. And that one went on longer than it needed to.

Eh. Believe and Bon Voyage weren't that good.
BELIEVE IS THE BEST OPENING IN THE ENTIRE SERIES

Slayven

Assuming Luffy gets awaken, does that mean he will turn his whole environment into a bounce house?

Could he infuse it with Haki and have people bounce around damaging themselves?

SolVanderlyn

That title is for We Are, Sol.
We Are is overrated and we unfortunately got it twice (and had a spiritual successor in We Go)

I like it. A lot even. But it's far from the best OP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom