• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Ray Down

Banned
Oh god the Whitebeard x Ace stuff one can run into...

5031198207_ac01d2c500_m.jpg

LotusHD

Banned
Figures. It's always memes. :p

And yeah, I wish Franky was more popular. Not sure if Wano would bring him any particular focus, so we might be waiting a while for the Year of Franky.

If his weapon for Kaido works out, he'll definitely get some love. But yea, he probably could've been more popular than Brook (before this arc at least), but I feel like it has to do with his TS design. It's just so jarring.

Ray Down

Banned
Franky will have some time to shine with Vegapunk.

Zoro at Wano.

Usopp at Elbaf.

Robin for Revolutionists and maybe CP0.

The rest shrug.

A lot of the names are the same, but I'd say Brook and Blackbeard also have fairly significant jumps in the US poll. Considering the Monster Trio's unbreakable lock on the top spots, Brook taking 4th is pretty impressive.

Also, forgive me if this got mentioned earlier, but why is Falafra so high in the Japan poll? I had to look that guy up. Is he some sort of meme?

Brook deserves a top 5 spot and Blackbeard is the main antagonist, so I'm happy they both got high rankings.

Farafra is a troll vote. Pay him no mind. lol

Viz Pop Poll:

1. Luffy- 8762 votes
2. Zoro- 8323
3. Sanji- 5455
4. Brook- 3836
5. Law- 2657
6. Nami- 1989
7. Robin- 1380
8. Ace- 1294
9. Shanks- 1251
10. Ussop- 1206
11. Carrot- 999
12. Jinbei- 916
13. Doflamingo- 755
14. Blackbeard- 754
15. Sabo- 696
16. Crocodile- 561
17. Marco- 528
18. Chopper- 518
19. Franky- 501
20. Hawkins- 497

Even Sanji stays the 3rd wheel here, zehahaha!
(Both east and west have terrible taste :p)
Muhahaha zehahahaha carrot above 3 strawhats get rekt

NSESN

One Piece is a popular series of course there is a lot of fans with bad taste.
Pudding will be recognized someday.

Except for Carrot (lol) and Hawkins (da fuck?), there's not much difference between the US and Japan

Carrot's difference is the same as Brook, actually. Brook is 19th in Japan and 4th in the US; Carrot is 26th in Japan and 11th in the US.

No clue what Hawkins is doing at such a high level on the US poll. Blackbeard is another big one. Barely in the Top 50 in Japan (and that was his best ever result), and 14th in the US poll.

Ray Down

Banned

To be fair this is true for like any fanbase (its true here)

Only great popularity polls that are truly right are the FMA ones.

One of the most interesting aspects of the most recent popularity poll for me is Mihawk's complete absence. His previous lowest rank was 23rd, and suddenly he's out of the Top 100 entirely? I guess all of his fans just abandoned him in the past three years? Poor guy.

Benn Beckman and Pell also both fell out of the Top 50 for the first time ever (although just barely for both of them).

Secret winner was Bege. He went from being the only Supernova to never make the list (even Killer made the previous two!) to being #4 of the non-Straw Hat supernova behind Law, Kidd and Urouge.

Ray Down

Banned
Honestly surprised the Vinsmokes didn't get a single member through makes sense since besides for there design there nothing to them really outside Judge (but like IB said lol at some these options), now because I was looking at this here a real sentai team:

tumblr_m4uuqt3gKp1rwyy9so1_500.jpg

Carrot's difference is the same as Brook, actually. Brook is 19th in Japan and 4th in the US; Carrot is 26th in Japan and 11th in the US.

Ha. That's interesting.

One of the most interesting aspects of the most recent popularity poll for me is Mihawk's complete absence. His previous lowest rank was 23rd, and suddenly he's out of the Top 100 entirely? I guess all of his fans just abandoned him in the past three years? Poor guy.

Mihawk fans defected to the Law, Zoro and Shanks fandom over the last three years.

How did the US allow Hawkins to get in there?

As for Marco, I always assumed he was popular because he had a cool DF with blue flames. It's pretty cool.

Chase17

King Baum is going to need to em-bark to a new forest. (I tried...)

Good chapter. I really hope that last panel is some sort of troll thing though.

Also lol at everyone waiting at the sunny for them.

Ray Down

Banned
We're not Stephen so we shouldn't even try puns, not ready to branch out yet.

Doubt the last one page is a troll, no point in kept trolling people with Pudding.

If King Baum is still alive he will end up like Groot and be a sapling.

Jay RaR

These poke puns have got to stop.

Isn't she still pretty high like 6 places under a strawhat when she's only been around for one short arc and one kinda long one and hasn't done a lot

You do have a point but Reiju exists so...yeah.

She is inconspicuously absent in the Viz poll though.

Nicolada

Jinbe out of the top 10 and Brook in 4th. Good work America.

She'll get a big boost
after joining the crew like Jinbe did

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Eventually we'll get the reprint where Zoro's name is normal. Probably won't be for a long time though.

It's just dumb that the manga is the only media that still calls him "Zolo".
The anime, the games, all stay faithful.

The love for Hawkins is strange. Maybe it's a small group that spammed the votes?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
illZ0x8.jpg

My OP haul for the day

IHaveIce

Banned
Eventually we'll get the reprint where Zoro's name is normal. Probably won't be for a long time though.

The love for Hawkins is strange. Maybe it's a small group that spammed the votes?
Regional naming is so weird.
Zoro though is super weird since his original name is a reference to 'mask of Zoro' who fought with his sword.

We in Germany luckily have Zoro, but for some reason have Ruffy instead of Luffy and Lysop instead of God Ussopp.

caliph95

I don't get his popularity either
King Baum never gonna smash dat bum
bawl.gif
You mean that trunk

Top Bottom