• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Euphony

Banned
Japanese cartoonist/crazy person Man gatarou to publish a One Piece parody chapter.

news_header_gatarou02.jpg

Gonna be great.

The art is really reminding me of Garbage Pail Kids

Hasn't Oda blueball Sanji his whole life?

He hasn't blue balled him, his stans just think he's stronger/better than he really is. Dude is bum city in his own arc when it comes to displaying his strength, you would have thought people might finally get the message 2 decades later ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He's better than others in many aspects in the crew though, and he's one of the smarter characters. I kinda wish Oda in the future does some sort of either heist or mission where Sanji comes up with some unique plan. After the Alabasta arc, that's what I kinda hoped for the longest time.

ocSZmUS.jpg

- Editors meeting in Shueisha turned down ONE PIECE several times before its serialization. Asada recalls he hated his boss because of his inability to grasp the awesomeness of ONE PIECE.
One day, Asada got so mad that he made a rebuttal statement for editors meeting.

- An old envelope was shown to Sugita, on which opinions from various editors were written about an early chapter in ONE PIECE.
Sugita was surprised to read that some editors were against OP since he thought it was already very popular among editors since the beginning.

- When Asada finished his career as OP editor in 2001, he shed tears and said to the next editor Habuta, "I'll leave the rest to you about ONE PIECE, Habuta-san!"

- Chapter 1 between manga and anime are pretty different. In anime, chapter 1 started in Albida arc.
This was because anime staffs claimed that they should focus on Luffy's current funny and interesting personality rather than his backstory.
Asada had a controversy with anime staffs about it since he thought audience would not get hooked until they know the reason why Luffy became a pirate.
Asada says he can now somewhat understand their opinion, though.

- Sugita has been admiring Oda so much that he kept calling him "Oda-sensei" unintentionally for a month despite Oda having told him not to call him Oda-sensei.

- All 3 editors in the interview agree that Oda's personality is great in that he has been friendly and far from conceit despite him being very popular mangaka.

http://www.arlongpark.net/showthread.php?t=42229&page=53&p=3824782&viewfull=1#post3824782
This is exceptionally interesting :)

LotusHD

Banned
I don't really blame the fans, that Monster Trio label got me wishing he'd do/win more fights myself. Simply put, I just like seeing him fight.

He hasn't blue balled him, his stans just think he's stronger/better than he really is. Dude is bum city in his own arc when it comes to displaying his strength, you would have thought people might finally get the message 2 decades later ¯_(ツ)_/¯

He's better than others in many aspects in the crew though, and he's one of the smarter characters. I kinda wish Oda in the future does some sort of either heist or mission where Sanji comes up with some unique plan. After the Alabasta arc, that's what I kinda hoped for the longest time.
Yeah, Sanji's best used when he's doing smart shit out on his own. It's easy to forget that literally everyone would have died in Enies Lobby if he didn't ditch everyone to open the gates at the end.

Chase17

Sanji has a really great run from his introduction through Enies lobby. Maybe best run of any non Luffy straw hat for me.

He's been pretty disappointing in New World though, mostly due to Fishamn island which I won't let go of lol. Still waiting to see if there is any more interesting pay off for Sanji this arc then telling off Germa 66. Baking a cake is a good start.

LotusHD

Banned
Sanji has a really great run from his introduction through Enies lobby. Maybe best run of any non Luffy straw hat for me.

He's been pretty disappointing in New World though, mostly due to Fishamn island which I won't let go of lol. Still waiting to see if there is any more interesting pay off for Sanji this arc then telling off Germa 66. Baking a cake is a good start.

Basically I vehemently disagree with those that think that Sanji not getting a fight this arc means that the entire arc is trash. That is just hyperbolic nonsense.

But do I feel that this arc that I'm already enjoying would be even better if Sanji gets and wins a proper fight? Why yes, yes I do.

Ray Down

Banned

ybeyu.gif

Basically I vehemently disagree with those that think that Sanji not getting a fight this arc means that the entire arc is trash. That is just hyperbolic nonsense.

But do I feel that this arc that I'm already enjoying would be even better if Sanji gets and wins a proper fight? Why yes, yes I do.
Other than fishman island I have no qualms with sanji treatment throughout the new world this arc he gets a broader backstory some good moments and some L's to hold as well but aye fights am I rite us sanji stans overestimate him tho 🙄

caliph95

I really don't expect any straight fights until Wano anyway
Other than fishman island I have no qualms with sanji treatment throughout the new world this arc he gets a broader backstory some good moments and some L's to hold as well but aye fights am I rite us sanji stans overestimate him tho 🙄
At least you admit it

Ogodei

Breaking his leg against Vergo was some bullshit. The whole mermaid incident was just a nice way for Oda to segue from a character gag into a more serious issue (the ban on blood transfusions) in a way that's perfectly One Piece, like more recently when Luffy ate obviously poisoned fish because he's stupid and hungry and had to get rescued by Reiju.

caliph95

Breaking his leg against Vergo was some bullshit. The whole mermaid incident was just a nice way for Oda to segue from a character gag into a more serious issue (the ban on blood transfusions) in a way that's perfectly One Piece, like more recently when Luffy ate obviously poisoned fish because he's stupid and hungry and had to get rescued by Reiju.
Verging was mostly a way to hype him up for the Law abd Smoker fight
e9481226d35088b6a9766577a866c8b289cd1fa6_hq.gif

Has Sanji really got a big L this arc, he never really had a proper fight with Daifuku, so I don't think that counts.
Not a single one. His emotions got crushed tho they take an L

Bon clay broke this mans ribd too pretty much always getting shit broken

Well I more so associate L's with a character failing at something.

Sanji didn't fail in this case, though that roasting was harsh as fuck.
Sanjis L in the new world is doffy that's about the only one never even landed a solid clean hit everything was blocked but it's doffy gotta be a huge Stan to think sanji was about to give this man a hard time

Chase17

Has Sanji really got a big L this arc, he never really had a proper fight with Daifuku, so I don't think that counts.

The biggest L he got is having his character tied to Germa 66 (the weakest part of the arc).

Luffy stuff turned out pretty good.
Pudding stuff will probably end up solid.
Baking a cake that will make Big Mom faint should be great.

Edit: nvm just saw the definition of an L

An expressive anime/manga fan getting the reigns to a major fast food chain like Arby's Twitter account is one of the stranger things I've seen in the post social media age.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
An expressive anime/manga fan getting the reigns to a major fast food chain like Arby's Twitter account is one of the stranger things I've seen in the post social media age.

For real. In the overall scheme, Laboon is kind of obscure. One Piece is mostly known for the wacky rubber guy in the straw hat, the guy with the three swords, the adorable reindeer, and copious amounts of boobage. To make a reference to Laboon AND his birthday shows that the guy handling the account knows their stuff.

Hell, they referenced Gyro Zeppeli, and the Steel Ball Run anime isn't coming for YEARS.

Ogodei

For real. In the overall scheme, Laboon is kind of obscure. One Piece is mostly known for the wacky rubber guy in the straw hat, the guy with the three swords, the adorable reindeer, and copious amounts of boobage. To make a reference to Laboon AND his birthday shows that the guy handling the account knows their stuff.

Hell, they referenced Gyro Zeppeli, and the Steel Ball Run anime isn't coming for YEARS.

Or referenced Samus yesterday with the caption "the queen is back." Or made a pretty obscure reference to a certain type of shrine in Breath of the Wild.

They're just really on-point.

Chapter 378

Kiwi and Mozu, best girls.

Great Arc so far,I enjoy how each arc starts off as some random adventure that morphs into somethings huge.

I should study

Ogodei

Chapter 378

Kiwi and Mozu, best girls.

Great Arc so far,I enjoy how each arc starts off as some random adventure that morphs into somethings huge.

I should study

College is literally the only time in your life you'll have to catch up on One Piece. I binged my way through the anime in college and came out with a GPA above 3.8. You'll be fine :p

Top Bottom