• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

caliph95

To be fair we saw Shanks knockout crew of a Yonko besides the Officers with his Haki and split the heaves by clashing with Whitebeard

And somehow fight off Kido or got him drunk

Kornflayx

I'm curious what you could do with all the Haki powers since Katakuri can see the near future with Observation Haki.

Shanks is so advanced with King's Haki that he can control minds

Principate

Saint Titanfall
There is that long running theory that Shanks has time based powers. Time control would be pretty damn broken in One Piece.
Shanka doesn't have any powers beyond the usual martial arts ones unless he decided to eat a df after the start of the manga.

On the spoilers

Big Mom is basically multiple admiral tier characters in one, Holy Shit what a monster.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Never heard the time theory.
The theory is basically that he can manipulate time in some fashion ala Jojo and that's how he made it to the middle of the Marineford battle without being noticed. Hence why he makes his "you bought me a few seconds" speech to Coby. It would also help explain how he got away from Kaido and still made it to the battle in time.

Shanks can also slow down time in some of the video games (Pirate Warriors 3) but I believe they justify that one with haki.

Xux

Honestly, I don't even know how Shanks survives as an Emperor when you compare him to the others.
I kinda feel this way about Whitebeard, TBH. He didn't seem as crazy as Big Mom, Kaido, or Fujitora and his commanders seemed pretty low key and Armament Haki came out of nowhere as this thing everyone upper tier has. I'd like to see more of him in his prime.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I kinda feel this way about Whitebeard, TBH. He didn't seem as crazy as Big Mom, Kaido, or Fujitora and his commanders seemed pretty low key and Armament Haki came out of nowhere as this thing everyone upper tier has. I'd like to see more of him in his prime.

Nah Whitebeard was a beast, he defined the tier of Yonkou. His entrance causing two massive tsunami's, all the declarations about his powers. Dude was insane. They live in a world mostly made of small islands with large groups of people that can't swim with majority of characters worth their salt travelling around on ships.

There's no fucking wonder why he was declared the World's Strongest Man. Within the world they inhabit the dude was hax

Whitebeard could literally flip islands and create tidal waves and localized earthquakes. He could swat away the admirals and stop gigantic pirate ships one-handed. He was pretty ludicrous, much more so than Shanks.

caliph95

In a world filled with Islands they established Whitebeard who was sick and dying not only kicking the ass of probably the strongest Admiral (not counting sengoky) and that he can destroy islands with them hyping how op his fruit is

Whitebeard is on another level

From what WB did in the war he would have no trouble stopping her attacks or doing major damage.
BM did a lot of thing with her DF so far but if we talking about just destruction WB takes the cake and he was semi holding back.
WB tilt a island that DF crazy powerful .

Whitebeard could literally flip islands and create tidal waves and localized earthquakes. He could swat away the admirals and stop gigantic pirate ships one-handed. He was pretty ludicrous, much more so than Shanks.

Well we not seen shanks do anything yet .
He a yonko so i expect him to be crazy strong in some way maybe haki. .

Principate

Saint Titanfall
From what WB did in the war he would have no trouble stopping her attacks or doing major damage.
BM did a lot of thing with her DF so far but if we talking about just destruction WB takes the cake and he was semi holding back.
WB tilt a island that DF crazy powerful .

Big Mom's major strength is her versatility and durability. She can fly has long and short range attacks, with Yonkou tier haki their little you'll be able to do against her.

As portrayed she has no weaknesses. Not even an ocean will phase her. She doesn't hae the same destructive capbility but she's far more annoying than anyone else to actually deal with.

Metal B

It was clear, that Whitebeard would have been the Pirate King after Roger, if he had any desire for the title. He pretty much stagnated the world and defended the crown, since nobody could truly challenged him. No wonder, why it was important for the story, that he died, and it triggering a new era.

Big Mom's major strength is her versatility and durability. She can fly has long and short range attacks, with Yonkou tier haki their little you'll be able to do against her.

As portrayed she has no weaknesses. Not even an ocean will phase her. She doesn't hae the same destructive capbility but she's far more annoying than anyone else to actually deal with.

I agree still WB was just crazy lol.

It's great that BM crazy make seeing what Shanks and Kaido can do interesting since they on that level .
BB we have a idea what he can do thanks to seeing both of his DF in action .

LotusHD

Banned

Downplaying Whitebeard?

C7S0ouqVAAANACj.jpg

Shounen manga tend to fuck with people's sense of scale over time.

Big Mom is a terrifying force, no doubt.

Whitebeard was still THE force amongst the Four Emperors in the New World for a reason. He was known as the man capable of destroying the entire world for a reason. Blackbeard wanted his Devil Fruit for a reason.

And above all, he was the only man aside from Garp to have been a personal rival to Gol D. Roger in their respective primes.

I'd pick Whitebeard to beat BM any day of the week.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Downplaying Whitebeard?

C7S0ouqVAAANACj.jpg
Man I loved Whitebeard still among my favourite characters.

Literally moved on from the anime to manga on his introduction to marinefird and everyone was fucking losing their shit.

"No one could have stopped this the ramping point of this age.

Doesn't scare me I am Whitebeard"

What a guy.

Shounen manga tend to fuck with people's sense of scale over time.

Big Mom is a terrifying force, no doubt.

Whitebeard was still THE force amongst the Four Emperors in the New World for a reason. He was known as the man capable of destroying the entire world for a reason. Blackbeard wanted his Devil Fruit for a reason.

And above all, he was the only man aside from Garp to have been a personal rival to Gol D. Roger in their respective primes.

I'd pick Whitebeard to beat BM any day of the week.

It's because One Piece doesn't necessarily work on an advancing power scale.

Like how Luffy faced Lucci after Crocodile and Enel even though both of those guys would've utterly washed him.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
It's because One Piece doesn't necessarily work on an advancing power scale.

Like how Luffy faced Lucci after Crocodile and Enel even though both of those guys would've utterly washed him.
I'm not sure that Croc would wash Lucci. Croc was an all round mediocre fighter in comparison to the rest of the shichibukai outside of being a logia and Lucci is waaaaaaaay faster.

Water weakness is pretty much the deciding factor and if croc makes lucci bleed without killing him then welp.

caliph95

Yeah not sure if Luccu is weaker than Crocodile since Luccu was beating luffy based on skills on strength while Crocodile while skilled in his DF was at the point when Logia was op

Enel though was a New World level threat and even with the rubber weakness was able to fight on par with Luffy and can nuke your ass

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Yeah not sure if Luccu is weaker than Crocodile since Luccu was beating luffy based on skills on strength while Crocodile while skilled in his DF was at the point when Logia was op

Enel though was a New World level threat and even with the rubber weakness was able to fight on par with Luffy and can nuke your ass

Yeah Enel logia or not was an extremely powerful opponent. Even in the new world his CoO range is insane as well as his ability to fight at that range. You would not want to fuck with that dude.

I don't think you can really compare Luffy fight with Croc and use it for Lucci .
Croc did beat luffy 2 times easy and the time luffy won he was poison.
Luffy won with pure will power ( and some plot armor ) and would have die if not for robin having the antidote .
Still i sure both have gotten stronger with Croc being back in the NW and Lucci being part of CP0.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I don't think you can really compare Luffy fight with Croc and use it for Lucci .
Croc did beat luffy 2 times easy and the time luffy won he was poison.
Luffy won with pure will power ( and some plot armor ) and would have die if not for robin having the antidote .
Still i sure both have gotten stronger with Croc being back in the NW and Lucci being part of CP0.

Yeah but that's base Luffy and Gear two luffy. Base luffy beat back crocs strongest attack with gomu gomu no storm, he also physically outdid croc. I'm not even sure croc could serious damage Lucci's tekkai.

There was a clear cut off and base Luffy had absolute no chance in beating Lucci.

Yeah but that's base Luffy and Gear two luffy. Base luffy beat back crocs strongest attack with gomu gomu no storm, he also physically outdid croc. I'm not even sure croc could serious damage Lucci's tekkai.

There was a clear cut off and base Luffy had absolute no chance in beating Lucci.

Crocodile wouldn't need to do damage through Luccis tekkai. If he's going to beat Lucci, it's probably by touching him and draining all the water from his body

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Crocodile wouldn't need to do damage through Luccis tekkai. If he's going to beat Lucci, it's probably by touching him and draining all the water from his body

Yeah the chances of him landing melee a hit based on their introduced selfs is nil. It took base Luffy a while to even acclimatize to Blueno's speed and he's a much better physical fighter.

Croc strongest attack would be his one hit kill that luffy was lucky he live after it .
Also Croc did cut Akainu in half so who know if Lucci's tekkai could with stand it .
The fight would be very different for eg if Lucci get poison does he have the will power like Luffy to say fuck it .
Also you can see Oda gave Croc more attacks afterwards like in ID when he used a sand blade to drain those guys .

Lucci sure as hell won't have the plot armor \luck luffy had in that fight lol.

Yeah the chances of him landing melee a hit based on their introduced selfs is nil. It took base Luffy a while to even acclimatize to Blueno's speed and he's a much better physical fighter.

Lucci didn't have haki back then, and he's not going to be able to damage crocodile at all either until he gets hit to the point where he starts bleeding so...

To be fair, I'm sure Croco boy was suffering from underestimated-itis when he fought Luffy. He clashed pretty evenly with Doffy at Marineford.

Apart from being beheaded...Ok never mind.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Lucci didn't have haki back then, and he's not going to be able to damage crocodile at all either until he gets hit to the point where he starts bleeding so...

And Croc's not going to able to grab lucci which leaves his range attacks.

Croc would lose any serious encouter though being part of the WG and knowing croc is a logia user he would definitely bring seastone.

Croc strongest attack would be his one hit kill that luffy was lucky he live after it .
Also Croc did cut Akainu in half so who know if Lucci's tekkai could with stand it .
The fight would be very different for eg if Lucci get poison does he have the will power like Luffy to say fuck it .
Also you can see Oda gave Croc more attacks afterwards like in ID when he used a sand blade to drain those guys .

Lucci sure as hell won't have the plot armor \luck luffy had in that fight lol.

Cutting logia's in half is meanigless. They separate automatically with haki and if does't have haki then it's no different to a sword slash.

To be fair, I'm sure Croco boy was suffering from underestimated-itis when he fought Luffy. He clashed pretty evenly with Doffy at Marineford.

Apart from being beheaded...Ok never mind.

It's not like getting behead was even a big deal .
IMO after all we have seen i think croc suffered because he was first warlord who we really see luffy fight.

Cutting logia's in half is meanigless. They separate automatically. with haki and if does't have haki then it's diffenct to a sword slash.

Which he can still drain people with .

Principate

Saint Titanfall
It's not like getting behead was even a big deal .
IMO after all we have seen i think croc suffered because he was first warlord who we really see luffy fight.

There's a definite tier. There's no doubt Croc is a low tier Shichibukai. Doffy, Hancock, Kuma and Mihawk are way, waaaay above him.

Which he can still drain people with .

We've only seen him grab with his hand and not fully dispersed. He's also pretty slow.

There's a definite tier. There's no doubt Croc is a low tier Shichibukai. Doffy, Hancock, Kuma and Mihawk are way, waaaay above him.

Croc could have been just as high if we saw him later on thanks to his DF .
For eg what could Kuma power do to croc unless he used haki with it .
Still like i said i am sure both Croc and Luuci will be different if we see them fight again .

We've only seen him grab with his hand and not fully dispersed. He's also pretty slow.

No we saw him drain people with blades in ID .
Just check to make sure chapter 541.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Croc could have been just as high if we saw him later on thanks to his DF .
For eg what could Kuma power do to croc unless he used haki with it .
Still like i said i am sure both Croc and Luuci will be different if we see them fight again .

No we saw him drain people with blades in ID .

No he wouldn't those people aside from Kuma and mihawk displayed haki upon their introduction battle Mihawk sometime afterward. Croc has never done so. (he obviously would be able to now but not pre-timeskip).

I suppose you can count that since it may have been plot induced stupidity reason as why he didn't do that in his fight against Luffy rather than a skill he learned later..

Honestly, I don't even know how Shanks survives as an Emperor when you compare him to the others.

The realization that his crew his pretty fucking powerful was a hell of a plot twist.

I mean, they showed up at Marineford and shut. Shit. Down. Even Usopp's father was a great deal more terrifying than he had been when we last saw him.

No he wouldn't those people aside from Kuma and mihawk displayed haki upon their introduction battle. Croc has never done so.

I suppose you can count that since it may have been plot induced stupidity reason as why he didn't do that in his fight against Luffy rather than a skill he learned later..

That whole fight was plot saving Luffy .
Croc stab luffy and left him for dead robin save him .
Croc drain luffy and water luffy spit out came back down and save him .
Croc poison luffy but he used his will power to said fuck it .
Him not using attacks we saw later which is why i said it best not to base a Lucci and croc battle from that .

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
WB was GOAT but he was past his prime that was established. We only saw him fight in a very weakened state post Squardo hit. He also was there to save Ace in the first place and not necessarily kill and destroy everything in its path...something that Kaidou or BM would probably do without an issue.

In his rage mode he was still able to fuck up Akainu and scare the shit out of Blackbeard. Prime WB must have been a ridiculous beast.

But there is a reason why we have 4 Yonkous and no Pirate King...they are supposed to be all on a similar level.

Top Bottom