• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Let's not call Crocodile low tier. Oda has already said his biggest regret is having luffy beat a warlord (crocodile) so early in the story.

I'm sure if asked to provide a canonical justification for crocodile's performance, it would be that his spirit was crushed and he was completely off his game, physically and mentally.

Crocodile is apparently pretty notorious even among the New World, so take his showing at Marineford to be more in line with his ret-conned "real" strength.

I feel like, as far as current/former warlords go, buggy and moriah are meant to be the weakest. Not including blackbeard, weevil, or Boa, you can separate the others into two tiers:

Tier A: Mihawk, Kuma (pre-cyborg), Doffy
Tier B: Crocodile, Law, and Jinbei

And they're all strong enough to be at least leading members of a yonkou's crew.

Boa could fall in either tier

LotusHD

Banned

Pretty apt. Her power is broken af, but she'd probably never get to pull it off on the top tier. Though she doesn't necessarily need it, as her kicks alone can turn you into stone.

Maybe B+, as Kuma, Doffy, and Mihawk are much stronger than she is, and also have more reliable long range attacks.

I’m still on the mihawk is just below yonkou camp

Same.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I really doubt that Jinbei and Croc are as strong as Law...his skills and fruits are OP compared to what they have showed so far. At the same time Doffy was much stronger than Law and the only one with ambitions to be Pirate King.

So Doffy is def. the Top Warlord since he is the enemy Luffy had to take on before taking on Yonkous.

Mihawks powerlevel is pretty irrelevant since he only exists for Zoro to have a goal...he has no goal or any bigger amitions that would clash with the Strawhats.

I'm still on the mihawk is just below yonkou camp

I kinda doubt that....i feel the Power difference between Yonkous and non-Yonkous is quite big. Doffy was a Top Warlord but scared shitless of Kaidou...Mihawk tried his luck for a bit at Marineford but realized quick that even compared to sick WB he was not on the same Tier. Luffy right now is fighting for his life to take out a BM underling.

Storywise it would make sense for Mihawk to be just below them, as Zoro will probably end up being just below Luffy on a power scale....but from what we have seen the 4 Yonkous are just on a different level.

Would love to see Shanks or Mihawk go all out in the future though.

LotusHD

Banned
I really doubt that Jinbei and Croc are as strong as Law...his skills and fruits are OP compared to what they have showed so far. At the same time Doffy was much stronger than Law and the only one with ambitions to be Pirate King.

They don't have to be completely equal in strength ya know. :p

Could make him B+ or something if it really bugs you I guess.

So Doffy is def. the Top Warlord since he is the enemy Luffy had to take on before taking on Yonkous.

Mihawks power level is pretty irrelevant since he only exists for Zoro to have a goal...he has no goal or any bigger amitions that would clash with the Strawhats.

I don't see why Mihawk's power level is irrelevant. Jinbe or Hancock won't ever clash with the Strawhats, but you didn't mind their inclusion. :p

Since he has no goal..you’ll be ashamed of your words and deeds when we learn more. Doffy was just an asshole from saboady all the way up until dressrosa where we learned more, boa has no goal(except for marrying luffy), croc has no goal as of now either as far as we know.

Goal has nothing to do with his power

Mihawk was chilling at marine Ford the entire time, casually just sending out flying slashes than dipped out when his ol buddy shanks came

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Let's not call Crocodile low tier. Oda has already said his biggest regret is having luffy beat a warlord (crocodile) so early in the story.

I'm sure if asked to provide a canonical justification for crocodile's performance, it would be that his spirit was crushed and he was completely off his game, physically and mentally.

Crocodile is apparently pretty notorious even among the New World, so take his showing at Marineford to be more in line with his ret-conned "real" strength.

I feel like, as far as current/former warlords go, buggy and moriah are meant to be the weakest. Not including blackbeard, weevil, or Boa, you can separate the others into two tiers:

Tier A: Mihawk, Kuma (pre-cyborg), Doffy
Tier B: Crocodile, Law, and Jinbei

And they're all strong enough to be at least leading members of a yonkou's crew.

Nah Boa is tier A there's no question of that. Notice how all tier A warlords have CoC (with Mihawk being obviously implied) and mastery of all 3 forms of haki. That's well above the likes of law, croc, jinbei and Moria.

Kuma only stand there because his Df is that hax and Boa df itself is not far from that level had.

The levels are basically yonkou commander tier and not yonkou commander tier (by that I mean top 3 not a random captain in a ship affiliated).

LotusHD

Banned
I wouldn't put Hancock in Tier A just because she has CoC. Shanks and Big Mom are pretty much the only people that have been genuinely offensive with it.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I wouldn't put Hancock in Tier A just because she has CoC. Shanks and Big Mom are pretty much the only people that have been genuinely offensive with it.
The only people that even have coc are world wide important people or greats from the previous age. It a clear differentiator. It's not about the power of the ability but the designation of importance. This is ignoring that Hancock has notably strong CoA and an ability that outright ignores durability which is why the wg was desperate to have her in the war despite her being outright hostile. Sengoku himself noted that he was thankful that she was coming becauses she's strong. They locked up both Jimbei and Croc for disobedience.

She even attacks marines constantly there is absolutely no way they would allow someone as innately disobedient as her continue to be a warlord of they didn't respect her strength

As the 'world's greatest swordsman' I assumed he would be one of the strongest but also be a loner and would not have territory and a powerful crew and wouldn't be able to go up against a Yonko's whole operation but should be able to fight them one on one reasonably well.

He can beat anyone in a sword fight but he's not having a sword duel going up against Big Mom.

LotusHD

Banned
The only people that even have coc are world wide important people or greats from the previous age. It a clear differentiator. It's not about the power of the ability but the designation of importance. This is ignoring that Hancock has notable strong CoA and an ability that outright ignores durability which is why the wg was desperate to have her in the war despite her being outright hostile. Sengoku himself noted that he was thankful that she was coming be causes she's strong. The locked up both Jimbei and Croc for disobedience.

I didn't say she wasn't strong, nor was I under the impression that we were gauging importance as opposed to strength. I'm just going off of what we've seen so far (albeit a slight exception on Mihawk's part), and Mihawk, Kuma, and Doffy are on another level imo

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I didn't say she wasn't strong, nor was I under the impression that we were gauging importance as opposed to power. I'm just going off of agat we've seen so far (albeit a slight exception on Mihawk's part), and Mihawk, Kuma, and Doffy are on another level imo
Yeah and I'm.not seeing that. Hancock is easily stronger than everyone on the lower end of shichibukais. Only Law stands a chance due to his innate hax and even he loses to her more often than he wins. Kuma beyond his Df hasn't shown anything and is in the exact grey area as Hancock in terms of his abilities. You simply can't say he's stronger than her even pre cyborg which is why she's in that tier.

All she needs to do is touch you or land an an arrow on you to petry you. That is an insanely hax ability.

LotusHD

Banned
Yeah and I'm.not seeing that. Hancock is easily stronger than everyone on the lower end of shichibukais. Only Law stands a chance due to his innate hax and even he loses to her more often than he wins. Kuma beyond his Df hasn't shown anything and is in the exact grey area as Hancock in terms of his abilities. You simply can't say he's stronger than her even pre cyborg which is why she's in that tier.

I never said she wasn't...

As for Kuma, he's in a weird space where compared to Hancock and Law, his hax DF is the easiest to consistently pull off due to it requiring one touch, with him having the ability to freely teleport unlike Law. Law has the room area disadvantage, while there are established ways to negate Hancock's love beam/arrow effects.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I never said she wasn't...

As for Kuma, he's in a weird space where compared to Hancock and Law, his hax DF is the easiest to consistently pull off due to it requiring one touch, with him having the ability to freely teleport unlike Law. Law has the room area disadvantage, while there are established ways to negate Hancock's love beam/arrow effects.
No there isn't. You can only negate the merrow beam the arrows affect everything (aside from air obvious) Even inanimate objects like cannon ball's.

She can forcefully petrfy almost anything (swords shields body parts) with a touch lust or no lust.

That's how hax she is. She's can't teleport but she's much more deadly than Kuma is. You can hit by a single df attack by her and you are fucked.

LotusHD

Banned
No there isn't. You can only negate the merrow beam the arrows affect everything (aside from air obvious) Even inanimate objects like cannon ball's.

She can forcefully petrfy almost anything (swords shields body parts) with a touch lust or no lust.

That's how hax she is. She's can't teleport but she's much more deadly than Kuma is. You can hit by a single df attack by her and you are fucked.

Ah I forgot about that, but I still disagree about her being stronger than those three. And Kuma is definitely more deadlier due to essentially being able to teleport. And in case there's been a misunderstanding, I've only been comparing the Warlords amongst themselves. And as for Kuma, I probably should've mentioned that I'm referring to him before his mind got wiped or whatever. I don't know his capabilities anymore, but I do agree that him now being a mindless slave has likely made him weaker, more or less.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Ah I forgot about that, but I still disagree about her being stronger than those three. And Kuma is definitely more deadlier due to essentially being able to teleport. And in case there's been a misunderstanding, I've only been comparing the Warlords amongst themselves. And as for Kuma, I probably should've mentioned that I'm referring to him before his mind got wiped or whatever. I don't know his capabilities anymore, but I do agree that him now being a mindless slave has likely made him weaker, more or less.
That's doesn't make him deadlier unless he sends a Df user to the ocean or into space, though I think some df users can breath in space. Water isn't an inherent death to some df users either. Deadlier as in the ability to actually kill.

Also even with teleport if you know where he'a going teleport it'a not half as useful and he hasn't shown CoO.

Why? There'a nothing jinbei can do to her on land so that match up comes down to sea. She can easily petrfy croc in any manor she wishes. Law is the only real battle and even there she has a various tactics she can use.

LotusHD

Banned
That's doesn't make him deadlier unless he sends a Df user to the ocean or into space, though I think some df users can breath in space. Water isn't an inherent death to some df users either. Deadlier as in the ability to actually kill.

Also even with teleport if you know where he'a going teleport it'a not half as useful and he hasn't shown CoO.

Why? There'a nothing jinbei can do to her on land so that match up comes down to sea. She can easily petrfy croc in any manor she wishes. Law is the only real battle and even there she has a various tactics she can use.

Being able to get teleport someone anywhere, it'd be pretty easy to kill someone with that. At the very least, it makes it extremely difficult to beat that person. But whatever, let's just agree to disagree.

And why do you keep bringing up the other Warlords? I've only said I consider Doffy, Kuma, and Mihawk to be stronger.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Being able to get teleport someone anywhere, it'd be pretty easy to kill someone with that. At the very least, it makes it extremely difficult to beat that person. But whatever, let's just agree to disagree.

And why do you keep bringing up the other Warlords? I've only said I consider Doffy, Kuma, and Mihawk to be stronger.
Most one piece characters are durability tanks there's very few places you can teleport high level characters to actually kill them. E.g Kaidou in universe is known as unkillable simply teleporting someone somewhere won't inherently kill them.

Because that's the whole point of tiers it's relative placement unless your having an entirely different discussion. I stated Hancock was in the upper tigers because her abilities and those of her relative contemporaries. Even admirals described doffy using her notability.

I won't even say law is a battle .
Since all she has to do is destroy his sword and he at a big disadvantage.
Then of course haki level going to play a part and i expect her to have much better haki control than him .

Truth is some people underestimate Boa because of how we first saw her .
Still her DF is hax and she lives on a island where they learn haki from young age .

LotusHD

Banned
Because that's the whole point of tiers it's relative placement unless your having an entirely different discussion. I stated Hancock was in the upper tigers because her abilities and those of her relative contemporaries. Even admirals described doffy using her notability.

But I already agreed that she's stronger/more hax than them, hence why I don't understand why you keep bringing them up as if to suggest I'm saying otherwise. I just disagree about her being on Doffy, Kuma, and Mihawk's level. She's right in between the two groups imo

But I already agreed that she's stronger/more hax than them, hence why I don't understand why you keep bringing them up as if to suggest I'm saying otherwise. I just disagree about her being on Doffy, Kuma, and Mihawk's level. She's right in between the two groups imo

Truth is we have not really seen her fight much to say what tier she really on .
She have the move set \skills to be super hax so it hard to say until we see more.

LotusHD

Banned
Truth is we have not really seen her fight much to say what tier she really on .
She have the move set skills to be super hax so it hard to say until we see more.

Well I began by saying that I'm going off of what we've seen so far...

I think it's enough though to form an opinion, it's not like she's Weevil.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
They don't have to be completely equal in strength ya know. :p

Could make him B+ or something if it really bugs you I guess.

I don't see why Mihawk's power level is irrelevant. Jinbe or Hancock won't ever clash with the Strawhats, but you didn't mind their inclusion. :p

Irrelevant is probably the wrong term but i dont see Mihawk ever ever clashing with the Strawhats in a Life Death situation he will be used as a character to keep the Story moving...

For example Garp and Sengoku are incredible strong but their power level is not really relevant even though they could likely keep up with most Top Tier characters we know. On the other hand Akainus power is very relevant to the story because a clash between him and the Strawhats is a given.

At the end all characters we are talking about are Top Tier.
Since he has no goal..you’ll be ashamed of your words and deeds when we learn more. Doffy was just an asshole from saboady all the way up until dressrosa where we learned more, boa has no goal(except for marrying luffy), croc has no goal as of now either as far as we know.

Goal has nothing to do with his power

Mihawk was chilling at marine Ford the entire time, casually just sending out flying slashes than dipped out when his ol buddy shanks came

Ambition is relevant to power...you think Luffy would have made it through all this fight without the ambition to be Pirate King ? There is a reason why Luffy, Doffy, Teach and co. have been the upcoming Top Dawgs and have their cult following. We have know since the early beginnings and Shanks that ambition/willpower is relevant in OP.

If the the power level of units is similar ill always put the character with higher ambitions above. We havent seen Mihawk go all out yet, im just basing my opinion on what he has shown so far.

Feels like people in here are underestimating my girl Hancock.

She took out Pacifists like nothing and she wasn't anywhere close to showing off her full strength.

That said, I do agree that Mihawk and Kuma are, if there was a "tier" list of Warlords, likely at the top of that list.

I want to see both Mihawk and Hancock go all out in a fight, but it's going to be years before either of those things happen. :(

LotusHD

Banned

She took out Pacifists like nothing and she wasn't anywhere close to showing off her full strength.

That said, I do agree that Mihawk and Kuma are, if there was a "tier" list of Warlords, likely at the top of that list.

I want to see both Mihawk and Hancock go all out in a fight, but it's going to be years before either of those things happen. :(

I don't think it's underestimating to put Doffy above her as well.

I’ve seen both boa and mihawk get totally underestimated in this thread. Baffling stuff, ones an end game opponent for someone to likely be at the very least katakuri tier by then end if not higher(zoro) and the other is the princess of a kingdom that the world government refuses to touch,she constantly disobeys and gets in their way and yet somehow she still holds her status hmm I wonder why that is

I’ve seen both boa and mihawk get totally underestimated in this thread. Baffling stuff, ones an end game opponent for someone to likely be at the very least katakuri tier by then end if not higher(zoro) and the other is the princess of a kingdom that the world government refuses to touch,she constantly disobeys and gets in their way and yet somehow she still holds her status hmm I wonder why that is

Even Sengoku said she's strong.

Regarding Doflamingo, I've actually been thinking recently about how a One on One Doflamingo v Hancock fight goes, but since we don't know what she looks like fighting seriously, there's not a lot to go on.

Regarding Crocodile, I love the Alabasta arc, but I do agree that it feels like it was way too early for Luffy to beat a Warlord. I really like him tho, so I'm looking forward to seeing what he and Daz are up to.

I remember when I was first watching One Piece and saw Crocodile's power for the first time. "How the fuck does ANYONE stand up against that?!" Logia fruits just seemed so broken.

LotusHD

Banned

Regarding Doflamingo, I've actually been thinking recently about how a One on One Doflamingo v Hancock fight goes, but since we don't know what she looks like fighting seriously, there's not a lot to go on.

Regarding Crocodile, I love the Alabasta arc, but I do agree that it feels like it was way too early for Luffy to beat a Warlord. I really like him tho, so I'm looking forward to seeing what he and Daz are up to.

I remember when I was first watching One Piece and saw Crocodile's power for the first time. "How the fuck does ANYONE stand up against that?!" Logia fruits just seemed so broken.

All I know is, she better have a good way of defending herself against ranged attacks lol

Back than was pretty crazy yea lol. Just shows how much was planned and than revised. He already said he regrets it but it probably was already in the plans before he kept adding and adding stuff

47378acd6fd5f596f4cd9a8a330e6b11e2f4b2ab_hq.gif

She has her own ranged attacks

The passive vs colored armament haki retcon kind of makes alot the marineford participant's power levels unclear. Either they weren't experienced enough with it or didn't think to use it.

LotusHD

Banned
Back than was pretty crazy yea lol. Just shows how much was planned and than revised. He already said he regrets it but it probably was already in the plans before he kept adding and adding stuff

47378acd6fd5f596f4cd9a8a330e6b11e2f4b2ab_hq.gif

She has her own ranged attacks

I said defend, not that she doesn't have her own lol

---

And yea, Marineford did make things murky admittedly.

I mean we know even when she not fighting seriously a lot of her moves are 1 hit kills or serious damage.
Slave arrow = turns to stone , if she hit you once = body parts turns to stone .
Chances are she could turn Don strings to stone also if he attacks her with certain moves .
Then she a hand to hand fighter who is most likely really good with haki .
To bad we might have to wait near the end of the manga to see her go all out .

Ray Down

Banned
"Volume 87 will consist 208 pages which i will be 10 Chapters From Chapter 870 - " FAREWELL " to 879 - " BIG MOM SWEET 3 GENERAL, KATAKURI ".

With this news I assume the cover will be everyone running away from Big Mom, kind of like this but everyone is scared you will see Pudding and Chiffon on the carpet trying to reach them and a destroyed WCC in the back.

57ccdc5ac2c3c37256fdb9055c11e60603c3bf0e_hq.jpg

"Volume 87 will consist 208 pages which i will be 10 Chapters From Chapter 870 - " FAREWELL " to 879 - " BIG MOM SWEET 3 GENERAL, KATAKURI ".

With this news I assume the cover will be everyone running away from Big Mom, kind of like this but everyone is scared.

57ccdc5ac2c3c37256fdb9055c11e60603c3bf0e_hq.jpg
Chapter 875 should be the cover focus for maximum salt

The passive vs colored armament haki retcon kind of makes alot the marineford participant's power levels unclear. Either they weren't experienced enough with it or didn't think to use it.

I think read some where he now do it that way or editor said something so you can now see it easier when people use CoA in fights .
It the same for CoO unless someone say something you can't be certain when it getting used .

For luffy current fight i think people would say that Katakuri always using his CoO to fuck up luffy so far .

With CoA, I always just figured it was kind of a tier thing.

Like, at the lowest tier, it's invisible, but as you advance in it's use, it becomes stronger to the point of manifesting itself visually.

Like, when Vergo coated his entire body in it, it was supposed to be an "oh shit" moment because up until that point, we'd never seen that happen, and IIRC Doflamingo was hyping up how crazy strong Vergo's CoA was.

Similarly to how Luffy integrates it into Gear Fourth to the point it actually changes his body.

Maybe I was just reading too much into it.

Top Bottom