• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

BHK3

Banned
I can see THAT pudding mood swing getting some traction.

Looks like it's Jinbes time to shine, he's gonna throw that wave right back at BM probably. Unless Luffy escapes I'm really not seeing how he's gonna win.

LotusHD

Banned
Chapter's out.

JFC, incoming plot armor aside, they are fucked. I thought they only had to really worry about Big Mom's tidal wave, but they're actually damaging the ship with fire and cannonballs. Katakuri is intense as ever, but we get a quick sweet moment with him calling his brothers and sisters precious.

And even after surviving this, they have to stall for essentially three hours....

I don't have anything else to add other than this, to lighten up the mood:

QIWLmmi.png

Veelk

Banned
ApSmzpk.png

Atleast we got the best Pudding Face before the end of the arc. If only she was like this 100% of the time...

Also, I would never eat anything that is said to have Sanji's secret sauce added to it.

Uholisia looks like she's going for Big Mom's throne with that "husband club" of her's...

Sanji/Pudding antics are giving me a giggle I'll admit. Especially Pudding's middle finger. Oda straight up giving the arc a 3 hour time limit is interesting, how the hell are the strawhats supposed to survive for that long?

Katakuri you big softie, being all protective of your siblings like that.

Jesus Big Mom, calm the fuck down.

daveo42

Banned
Pudding's reaction shot and Kata's family ties were highlights. Otherwise, the SHs are absolutely fucked. I expect this is when the Sun pirates show up to give the crew a hand. Jinbei might also put a hole in Mom's Avatar wave.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I wonder who that guy on the cover story with the wavy hair is. One Piece has caught me to be suspicious of anyone with their back turned lol

Strawhats are in a real bad place. Guess it's time for the Fishmen Pirates to save the day.

Damn i need next week chapter already .
Man the SH are fucked .
Luffy having a hard time with Katakuri and the ship getting attack from the inside .
BM made huge ass wave that going to fucked them unless they get help .
And they need to hold out 3 hours for the cake to be done .

Shit hasn't been this real since Saobody :(

Still unlike then i have no idea how they going to get save here.
Ray was there and we know that kuma was not a full bad guy .
Here they fucked and still need 3 hours more even if the escape the wave \ Katakuri .
Running from BM for 3 hours looks impossible.

Jesus that last panel. O.O

Fucking great chapter all around. Pudding's powers are very versatile. It's also cool to see Sanji's cooking skill in action and showing just how incredible he is coming up with a recipe from a mere smell of the cake.

Again though, I can't mention enough just how intimidating the Big Mom pirates are. They work together in such a scary way. It's ridiculous just how powerful a force they are.

The anime's going to be unbearable with Pudding. I'd skip it, but the Katakuri fight is happening at the same time...Nah, I'll watch a fan edit on youtube of it. I can't stand Pudding.

I gotta commend Oda for the character designs in this chapter too. The fucking brother and sister pair he introduced in this chapter are fucking freaky looking on their own right and the entirety of Big Mom's family and crew are among my favorite designs in the entire series.

Alright alright, the formal introduction of Mascarpone and Joscarpone was good, Katakuri calling his siblings precious was cute and the wave was intense. Good chapter, apart from the start and that stupid cake. I hope we don't cut to them baking it again.

I find myself more curious now about the likes of Tamago, Bobbin and Amande (best BM pirate). I guess they married into the crew, but it's strange we've never heard a peep from their spouses. I guess they're simply not plot important enough. Bobbin doesn't strike me as a good husband.

No wait, I forgot about Pekoms. Ah, I don't know how recruitment works in this crew.

Kornflayx

I feel like Katakuri is Oda's way of showing what Luffy's awakening will look like.

Thinking about Gear 4 Luffy sprouting multiple arms to fire a gatling kong gun has me giddy as hell.

It's crazy to think, among the strongest devil users in One Piece, how few we've seen actually awaken. I can't imagine what someone like Kizaru or Big Mom would be like awakened.

It's crazy to think, among the strongest devil users in One Piece, how few we've seen actually awaken. I can't imagine what someone like Kizaru or Big Mom would be like awakened.

I mean we don't know if they are already .
Could be or not we have to wait until Oda tell us .
One of the big reason why i want us to get to Vegapunk so bad so we can find out all that info on how DF work .

I mean, Big Mom is already broken right now. If she actually has another level of proficiency then wow, how can they even fare against her? How can luffy, even with Law and the crew, beat this kind of monster?

RomanceDawn

Yahoo! What a thoroughly entertaining chapter!

Seeing Sanji do his thing is so good! Seeing the reactions from the other chefs regarding his cooking skills is so good! Pudding reacting to everything is so good! Pudding with the finger and leading the chefs in 1 by 1 to manipulate their memories was hilarious to me!

One thing I have always loved about One Piece is how supporting characters react in awe of the Straw Hat Pirates. We knew Sanji was going to cook for Big Mom the moment we understood he was taken by her crew and I have been anticipating these reactions since Zou. These types of moments are so satisfying for me that I can't imagine a long time reader still being disappointed because Sanji is cooking to save the day. If you still are you are a booty head. There I said it.

And boy only Oda can make something as goofy looking as a Sesame Street puppet look absolutely terrifying! The wave, Katakuri, Brûlée and the cheese siblings, things look dire and man is it exciting! I mean we know they will make it out but how? When's the last time Luffy got pushed like this?!

Oh and the bathroom! Look at those tooth brushes! Count em! Count em! Do they all share that room or do the boys have their on bathroom? Who doesn't use a tooth brush?! Who?!

Admittedly what I find personally amusing in all this is how, after spending two years getting stronger, they're already up against another impossible to conquer wall after like, two weeks? Can't be much longer than that in universe.

Anywho, I suspect it may be Germa 66 to the rescue. Their fleet is still out there - unless I'm misremembering - and if their leaders are fighting, then surely the rest of the force should follow suit at some stage? Plus said leaders have been MIA since Whole Cake Chateau's collapse.

Okay, anyone hating on Pudding STILL, come on.

She's hilarious.

Jesus Christ, this chapter. Luffy is taking a worse beating than he took from both Lucci AND Magellan here. He's completely outclassed, and I don't think Boundman is going to even things up. He's probably going to need another ace up his sleeve.

Also, can we take just a second to appreciate Big Mom? She's terrifying. I'm guessing she made that Homie from her own soul, which is why it's so ridiculous. How the hell can you stop her?

I suppose with Sanji's super cake, but even still, it's not looking like they're even going to SURVIVE those three hours. Talk about despair. I don't see how they're getting out of this!

Great chapter.

Carrot for Straw Hat.

Another thing is BM being so broken hypes up Kaido even more.
BM doing all sort of crazy stuff and she call him a monster .
What sort of crazy shit are we going to see him doing .( well he already drop from 10,000 feet and walk it off lol)

Shokugeki no Sanji is a go!! Let’s go!! That confidence, the clear superiority over every other cook in the vicinity. Knowing the the look of a cake and the contents inside by a quick glance and smell while In the midst of chaos....I need a moment

O the wave was cool too

Jigolo

Oda is doing a FANTASTIC job at showing the gap between the Emperors and the Straw Hats.

DAMN. What's gonna happen to Luffy

Top Bottom