• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Big One

Banned
I'm not convinced Big Mom can actually be defeated, outside of just dropping her in the water.

Given what we know about Kaido, Big Mom and Whitebeard, it just makes me crazy hype to see what Shanks' powerset is going to be. He's got to have some crazy stuff besides just being good with a sword. Some super advanced Haki maybe? I don't remember anyone else being able to actually damage physical objects with their CoQ. Or was that just the anime? It's been ages since I read that part in the manga.

No break next week. I'm so excited. The entire crew looks like they're good and boned right now. If they could just deal with goddamn Perospero, they could probably escape...
I'm willing to bet most people on Emperor tier levels of strength can use haki to walk on water or even fly. Shit is escalating fast.

At the very least we know she's casually blocking regular gear 4th punches

True still i figure that sort of physically fighting is going to be what Kaido for .
I enjoy when luffy fights that way more than anything else .
Which why Lucci fight is still my favourite with him .

You're an island buster or gtfo at this point lol

Well the move that luffy did to beat don sure look like it could wreck a island lol.

Lakuza

At the very least we know she’s casually blocking regular gear 4th punches

Not sure if I'd call it a casual block when she had to use haki on her fist to block it. Not denying it wasn't crazy what she did but even she recognised that she needed haki for it and not a normal punch :p

Not sure if I'd call it a casual block when she had to use haki on her fist to block it. Not denying it wasn't crazy what she did but even she recognised that she needed haki for it and not a normal punch :p
Casual elbow block while smiling like a kid on Christmas
latest

Feeling the Pudding avatar hype again.

I'm not convinced Big Mom can actually be defeated, outside of just dropping her in the water.

Given what we know about Kaido, Big Mom and Whitebeard, it just makes me crazy hype to see what Shanks' powerset is going to be. He's got to have some crazy stuff besides just being good with a sword. Some super advanced Haki maybe? I don't remember anyone else being able to actually damage physical objects with their CoQ. Or was that just the anime? It's been ages since I read that part in the manga.

Just wait until Shanks gets unceremoniously killed by Blackbeard without even showing off his strength.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Man those Vinsmoke figures are expensive on JP Amazon. Especially Ichiji. Like 40 bucks.

Also, this arc might be up there as one of my favs in the entire series. Looks like we're almost done too.

Wano by January? Maybe?

Man those Vinsmoke figures are expensive on JP Amazon. Especially Ichiji. Like 40 bucks.

Also, this arc might be up there as one of my favs in the entire series. Looks like we're almost done too.

Wano by January? Maybe?

I doubt it. Wrapping up the rest of the arc should take up most of this year accounting for breaks. It could even go into the start of next year depending on other stuff (eg is there a Pudding flashback, how much of the cake making process do we see, is there an extended wrapup or just the characters running away, how much more Bege do we see (we have to see him again at least briefly since Chiffon is still around, does someone (or multiple someones) formally join the crew, etc). After that, we still have the Reverie before Wano (probably at least two or three chapters), and probably some transition/traveling for Luffy and co. And that's before you consider if we get any "characters in the rest of the world react to the news" chapters.

I'd look towards late spring for the start of Wano.

LotusHD

Banned
Re-read a few chapters of Zou, only just remembered that Momo and Inuarashi have stayed behind on Zou, while Neko is off to go and find the WB Pirates. All this time I was under the impression that they had both left to go and find Marco.

Damn, it's gonna be amazing when the entire alliance meets up again on Wano, as well as learning more about Zunisha.

Top Bottom