• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

LotusHD

Banned
The entire thing should've just been Jinbe and Carrot bowing and shaking hands with all the prominent characters in this arc, having them talk about how excited they are to join the crew. ;D

LotusHD

Banned
Sorry I'm late as hell...

But nobody fights Blackleg! You gotta go through me first!

*5 seconds later

a6602d7887d5ca8b1e221764e63fb10fd6d90e38_hq.gif

LotusHD

Banned
Watching it now, I skimmed through the recaps so that I could focus on watching the actual new content, and before I knew it, the first half is already over. Yo WTF Toei?!

EDIT:

On Part 2, yet another flashback, omfg

EDIT 2: And part of the Zeff flashback they literally just showed me in Part 1, and even earlier on in the same damn arc!

EDIT 3: Now they're repeating the new content I literally just watched, where Luffy runs into Sanji, with Sanji kicking him out...

Chase17

The whole first part was like episode of Sanji from the east blue special. With some germa 66 thrown in. There were also like 5 awkward cuts to Sanji doing a thinking pose on the ride too. The music playing while Luffy was giving his spiel as Sanji leaves was pretty nice.

Didn't realize that Zeff loses his leg via anchor chopping it off in the anime.

Best part of the special was BroCho and Carrot being hilarious.

LotusHD

Banned
My thoughts towards the special overall:

avTp88v.png

---

Only good thing I can say is that I'm reminded as to why Sanji could really use a full fight, his moves are so cool. Oh, and Luffy's speech was good, but that's a given, that always gets to me.

man I am glad I didn't fully watch that special

just flipped through it seeing all the flashback that made DBZ Gohan's SS2 transformation blush in overall pacing

nevertheless on the manga side I speculated that they will get saved by someone before that Big Mom tilde wave pours down on them but I can see 3 scenes

someone from the past who is a big deal coming to save them

Jimbe shows off his water based abilities

Sanji's family comes in again

LotusHD

Banned
someone from the past who is a big deal coming to save them

Jimbe shows off his water based abilities

Sanji's family comes in again

Someone that was never in BM's territory all this time coming to save them out of nowhere would be the dumbest thing. Even Punk Hazard had the brief Kuzan foreshadowing, whereas WCI has none of that, barring the mysterious fishman that is very likely to be someone from the Sun Pirates.

Sanji's family is also useless.

And you forgot about the Sun Pirates, who are the most likely to assist them, barring Jinbe and/or Brook taking care of it.

To be fair the vinsmokes can probably kick the weakling trios ass at least

*slow clap

The whole point of the Arlong Park arc's finale was that Luffy was literally and figuratively wiping away all traces of Arlong from Nami's life.

The Jinbe and Nami conversation in Fishman Island will be the closest thing Arlong will get to a "redemption".

LotusHD

Banned
We'll get Arlong saving Nami for some redemption, and you'll all like it.

I mean after Hachi, why not.

I'd legit cry for Nami if she ever had to meet Arlong again.

The whole point of the Arlong Park arc's finale was that Luffy was literally and figuratively wiping away all traces of Arlong from Nami's life.

The Jinbe and Nami conversation in Fishman Island will be the closest thing Arlong will get to a "redemption".

Yooo, I actually happened to have rewatched that conversation earlier today. It immediately made me go and post this:

When Jinbe joins, we gonna make it a crime to dislike him, stay woke

Such a damn good moment for the two of them, I dunno if I wanted Jinbe before that (probably), but if I didn't, that was sure as hell a good place to start.

Of course it's not happening. That said, i still get a little bit uneasy with the whole Hachi situation, but this is the manga of redemption and villains becoming allies so yeah.

Of course it's not happening. That said, i still get a little bit uneasy with the whole Hachi situation, but this is the manga of redemption and villains becoming allies so yeah.

To be fair on Hachi, he was always shown to be the member of Arlong's crew who disliked humans the least, and it always kind of felt like he was just doing bad stuff because Arlong told him to and because he was an idiot rather than out of malice like the rest of that crew

Top Bottom