• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

To be fair on Hachi, he was always shown to be the member of Arlong's crew who disliked humans the least, and it always kind of felt like he was just doing bad stuff because Arlong told him to and because he was an idiot rather than out of malice like the rest of that crew

But ignorance and idiocy isn't an excuse for participating on that shit, tbh. He was vicious against the people on the village.

I mean, even nami forgave him but still. We've seen this stuff thousands of times already, Buggy, Mr 2, Robin, Gangster Gastino, etc. To different degrees but in the end, it's an element that i feel makes the manga special. Not everything being so Black and White i guess.

Edit: that's why Pudding for nakama please. PLEASE.

Imagine if this arc ends with Big Mom eventually deciding to follow them to Wano.

I mean, what other logical conclusion is there?

I doubt Big Mom's rage at the Strawhats will end just from eating the cake. They ruined her plans to acquire the Vinsmokes technology, attacked her crew, and destroyed Mother Carmel's picture. She's going to follow them to the ends of the earth.

Behold: One Piece in mainstream 90s form

jXzv4z.gif

Hope was really great. I like it the more I watch it.
Such a showcase of animators, too! Takara, Shida, Tomita, Urata!

Not even surprised by Katakuri's color scheme. You guys know better than to expect Oda to give someone that cool looking a generic black hair color. It would have made him stand out too much from the rest of his family.

The special was mostly underwhelming except for the ACTUAL Sanji vs Luffy duel, which was handled wonderfully.

LotusHD

Banned
Let her weaken Kaido, then take Kaido out. 🤔

Yup.

I mean, what other logical conclusion is there?

I doubt Big Mom's rage at the Strawhats will end just from eating the cake. They ruined her plans to acquire the Vinsmokes technology, attacked her crew, and destroyed Mother Carmel's picture. She's going to follow them to the ends of the earth.

I dunno, maybe she shows up late after he's taken out lol

Also if she does show up there, I also wonder what could possibly happen regarding stuff like Elbaf, as there is no way that isn't getting tied up at some point. Additionally, I also wonder if Fishman Island prophecy has anything to do with her and Brulee.

Yeah, this needs to happen. Keep the frenetic stuff from here till the end of the manga, lol.

Would certainly makes thing lively lol

kurahador

I wonder when and how the flashback about Big Mom ate Mother Caramel will play out. I think that's the only way she'll be defeated.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Episode of East Blue was good until the super rushed Arlong arc. Highly recommend it for Baratie and Kuro arcs though

DJwest

Any theories as to the reason Aokiji has joined forces with Blackbeard? Also, do you think he would have defeated Doflamingo if he had not retreated?

LotusHD

Banned
Any theories as to the reason Aokiji has joined forces with Blackbeard? Also, do you think he would have defeated Doflamingo if he had not retreated?

Honestly, I got nothing. Could very well be a long-con kind of thing. What makes it particularly difficult for me to come up with a theory is due to how Aokiji has been characterized so far. We know that he's generally lazy, doesn't like to give effort unless absolutely needed. So to learn that he has pushed to the point where it felt it prudent to work with Blackbeard must mean that he has something big planned.

And yes, he would easily crush Doflamingo, just look at what he did to Punk Hazard.

DJwest

Honestly, I got nothing. Could very well be a long-con kind of thing. What makes it particularly difficult for me to come up with a theory is due to how Aokiji has been characterized so far. We know that he's generally lazy, doesn't like to give effort unless absolutely needed. So to learn that he has pushed to the point where it felt it prudent to work with Blackbeard must mean that he has something big planned.

And yes, he would easily crush Doflamingo, just look at what he did to Punk Hazard.
My best guess was similar to yours. Blackbeard must be doing something that Aokiji knows will wreck the entire world. Working with him must be his way of sabotaging his plans. Not sure he'll be successful though.

Principate

Saint Titanfall

I never got that Aokkji was lazy quite the opposite really he just actively went against marine interests which resulted him in not pursue certain things as hard as someone like Akainu. Kizaru is genuinely lazy and prefers to do the bare minimum and has no reason beyond laziness as why he doesn't do something.

Ogodei

Or maybe Aokiji feels like the World Government is fundamentally corrupt, knows the Revolutionaries wouldn't take him in (given what we've seen of Sabo's zero tolerance for WG good guys), and wants to bet on what he sees as the next best chance for making fundamental change in the world.

I mean I never saw a group of people fall down a cliff in hype compared to the Vinsmokes

they started off as overly hyped

legends from stories, hired agents of evil, they had some class

but then they overall become to basic and non original, let alone Sanji's pop being such a disappointment in character

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I mean I never saw a group of people fall down a cliff in hype compared to the Vinsmokes

they started off as overly hyped

legends from stories, hired agents of evil, they had some class

but then they overall become to basic and non original, let alone Sanji's pop being such a disappointment in character
I'm not sure if you've have read Fairy Tail then. That happens without fail in most of their arcs.

The Vinsmokes never fells; they stayed exactly what they always were the whole way through. They're just a group of loser sociopaths, and the series never really portrayed them as anything but that.

LotusHD

Banned
One had orgasm magic, one died because he saw his mommy, another died because she loved her daughter, one was used simply to hype up a dragon, another could freely control pause time yet still lost, etc., You get the gist.

LotusHD

Banned
The anime gave Blackleg a shit Judge fight and a shit special.

What else can they shit on for you?

They can poorly animate the moments when Sanji save his family, as well as when he gives Judge a piece of his mind. Or add a lot of filler to it, either works.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
A fun thing the anime puts forward that's not really present in the manga is that at least as children Reiju was way stronger than the psycho trio.

Watching 808 again, it's probably the best episode of the year. More emotional and had more weight than the chapter, which is rare for the anime.
Directing and execution were on point and above. And new music tracks to boot!

Noboru Koizumi even co-directed some of the animation.

Top Bottom