• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

I believe Jinbe will stop the wave somehow, the only other option is Brook using his soul move, but that would only work if Big Mom didn't insert her own soul.

It only doesn't makes sense if you have no faith in Jinbe and/or the Sun Pirates. That said, whatever happens, no random character that we haven't already seen in this arc is going to come and save them. At least not without any foreshadowing, which Aokiji had never received regarding this arc.

Faith in Jibe does not cover a tidal wave.

I didn't think we would get a random saving cameo but I'm out of ideas on this one.

Would Marco count? I mean, they were trying to get his help.

Who knows at this point? Luffy's fight and that wave are separate problems that need a major turnaround to survive. Even if they deal with the wave, Luffy is getting bodied and isn't getting any help in that fight.

Finally read the chapter.

Ugh, hope I'm wrong but I can't see anything other than 'unreasonable external save' happening.

It's just too much. Giant wave, Luffy not having done any damage at all, and Cake Corps needing a few hours.

The only thing that comes to mind is the giant wave freezing and Aokiji shows up.

It wouldn't make sense but no method of surviving this currently makes sense.

That's a bit pessimistic. There's definitely a few things they can do without resorting to some external force.

Ray Down

Banned
Finally read the chapter.

Ugh, hope I'm wrong but I can't see anything other than 'unreasonable external save' happening.

It's just too much. Giant wave, Luffy not having done any damage at all, and Cake Corps needing a few hours.

The only thing that comes to mind is the giant wave freezing and Aokiji shows up.

It wouldn't make sense but no method of surviving this currently makes sense.

They can get out of this.

We got Jinbei, other fishmen pirates (possibly) and Brook.

LotusHD

Banned
Faith in Jibe does not cover a tidal wave.

I didn't think we would get a random saving cameo but I'm out of ideas on this one.

Would Marco count? I mean, they were trying to get his help.

Who knows at this point? Luffy's fight and that wave are separate problems that need a major turnaround to survive. Even if they deal with the wave, Luffy is getting bodied and isn't getting any help in that fight.

Even if he isn't enough, no one we haven't already seen this arc is going to save them, you can count on that much, since nothing has been foreshadowed. (Other than the off-chance that the fishman they saw underwater actually doesn't belong to the Sun Pirates, but that's highly unlikely.) No, Marco isn't coming either, nor could he even stop a tidal wave anyhow. Ideally, it's a Jinbe/Brook team-up attack, or just Jinbe on his own. I'd prefer for the Straw Hats and company to survive a bit longer without external help, but it's whatever if the Sun Pirates are key here I guess.

As for Luffy, he always gets bodied, though I frankly have no idea as to whether he can actually win, nothing so far really matters that much until he uses Gear 4.

LotusHD

Banned
I don't think the situation is quite as hopeless as the Kuma "fight" yet, just by the nature of the story.

Well yea, that's why I said reminiscent. :p

I'm aware that Sabaody will never be topped, it's just that this is the first time that them being in a dire situation actually reminded me of that. Seems I'm not alone in thinking that.

People want stakes I say let the wave actually hit em than the fishman can save them in their dire situation

Cuz if somebody stops it it’ll be Nami and Zeus all over again

LotusHD

Banned
So are we thinking someone fucks with the cake while it's being made or while they're decorating it on the boat?

Chiffon messing with it would be very much in character. Neither is it a stretch for Pudding to do it as well, as she's the type of person that can frankly go full rogue at any second. Other than those two, I don't know who else would bother messing with it.

Chiffon messing with it would be very much in character. Neither is it a stretch for Pudding to do it as well, as she's the type of person that can frankly go full rogue at any second. Other than those two, I don't know who else would bother messing with it.

I was thinking something along the lines of the Vinsmokes busting into Chocolat Town as revenge.

LotusHD

Banned
I was thinking something along the lines of the Vinsmokes busting into Chocolat Town as revenge.

But I hate that theory...

No seriously, I swear to god, if any of the Vinsmokes try to interfere, they will be irredeemable to me, like... I'll rank them lower than Rebecca or something. Out of all the people for Sanji to fight, he has long lost his chance to fight the Vinsmokes without me thinking that it will be an utter waste of time.

They should be leaving, not fucking with a cake, especially not after seeing Sanji who would explain the situation. I'm hip, they hate his whole cooking thing, but omg, let it gooooo, get revenge some other way.

I'll go and draw all over Sol's figurine if that happens!
Nah I won't do that.

None of the people making the cake are going to mess it up, lol.

Well duh

caliph95

PO1Khh0.gif

Ogodei

You'd figure Nami had a contingency plan for "giant Tsunami out of nowhere." Seems to be the kind of thing the New World would throw at you.

Top Bottom