• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Red Fire

Calling him the "Brook of Dressrosa" is a stretch, but whatever. And I thought it was Hakuba that took down Dellinger...

Honestly, the main reason I don't fuck with Franky as much (Well, aside from me just liking everyone more atm) is because I dislike characters that need stuff like General Franky in order to be at their strongest. It's just disappointing to look at that character fight, and then I'm like "Wait, why do I care, Franky's not in his mecha suit, so this just got a lot more boring." It'd be one thing if he could access it whenever he wanted, but he can't... So yea.

Franky wasn't in his general franky suit at all during dressrosa. And his fight with senor pink is one of the best 1v1 fights we got in a long time

LotusHD

Banned
Franky wasn't in his general franky suit at all during dressrosa. And his fight with senor pink is one of the best 1v1 fights we got in a long time

I know that, I'm saying that's why I don't like him as much anymore. Because he isn't at his best unless he's in General Franky, and that will always be on my mind.

Red Fire

I know that, I'm saying that's why I don't like him as much anymore. Because he isn't at his best unless he's in General Franky, and that will always be on my mind.

I wouldn't say so. General franky is more useful against either big enemies or if he fights more than one enemy. He doesn't really need it in normal 1v1s. He does show amazing feats and interesting fights without it as seen in dressrosa.

LotusHD

Banned
I wouldn't say so. General franky is more useful against either big enemies or if he fights more than one enemy. He doesn't really need it in normal 1v1s. He does show amazing feats and interesting fights without it as seen in dressrosa.

I stand by what I said. :p

I miss the old Franky.

Sleeping on the boy he said he was building a weapon to take on the beast pirates in excited to see it

I ain't sleeping on shit, I'll praise him once he gets it made lol

Best Pseudo-SH
1-Vivi
2-Carue
3-Law

And that's it.

Law, really

Fair enough, opinions :p

Exactly what i wanted to bring up next! Really curious what it will be.
Dude was in a vegapunk factory he's hiding some stuff for sure. Franky hasn't really been pushed either when you think about it. His senior pink fight was him deliberately taking every hit

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
General Franky is less of a straight powerup and more of a utility powerup. It's very strong but huge, cumbersome and slow. It's only really good for generic mooks, big ass dudes, or support

Red Fire

Dude was in a vegapunk factory he's hiding some stuff for sure. Franky hasn't really been pushed either when you think about it. His senior pink fight was him deliberately taking every hit

Yeah he probably has seen some serious stuff there.
You're right about that, he hasn't really been pushed. Now i wanna see him go all out and wreck some heavyweights. Dude's a beast.

caliph95

So this isn't really a revelation, since it clearly had to be the case, but JB's translation has Caramel saying that if Big Mom ended up joining Cipher Pol, she could end up as "the strongest shield for the Celestial Dragons", as an alternative to her possibly becoming an admiral. I guess this is the first explicit confirmation that there are some absolute top-tier fighters in CP0 (who we likely haven't seen since they're always on defense duty in Mariejois).
Another reason Heart of Gold was non-cannon

Pein

Banned
I was sitting in my moms living room and a wave of nostalgia hit me because I remember so vividly watching one piece fansubs that I ripped to my PS3 on her big screen. I'm so glad that one piece is still running.

Pein

Banned
I'm always surprised too see how close behind the anime is to the manga. I'd take a filler arc just so the pacing can get back on track.

LotusHD

Banned
I'm always surprised too see how close behind the anime is to the manga. I'd take a filler arc just so the pacing can get back on track.

So would I....

Although wasn't Sanji vs Yonji offscreen? It wasn't really a fight.

That's why I don't get what they're saying. I mean, I guess they can just make it up, but meh.

----

Seriously, the anime looks good again. Nami's boobs are still too huge though.

They crop up but One Piece has always been pretty sparse with anime original arcs, usually getting by with expanding all the details the already exist in the original work.

Could be an internal or executive decision, maybe to avoid screwing with the world of the story too much.

tumblr_or06ojDK561sog6e2o2_500.png

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Yeah I want to see Sanji kick his little bro's butt too. It kind of annoyed me that it was off screen.

Naruto did something similar a long time ago. Temari vs. the sound girl way back in the Chuunin Exam arc. It was off screen in the manga, but the anime showed the whole thing. It's "filler" but good filler.

Red Fire

I guess it depends on how they take going at half a chapter an episode.

Although wasn't Sanji vs Yonji offscreen? It wasn't really a fight.

So would I....

That's why I don't get what they're saying. I mean, I guess they can just make it up, but meh.

----

Seriously, the anime looks good again. Nami's boobs are still too huge though.

That's what they're asking.. If it will be offscreen like in the manga or if they will actuall show it animated

That's what they're asking.. If it will be offscreen like in the manga or if they will actuall show it animated
Ppl were asking because he said the fight was a long ways off btw and ppl were questioning how. I think they'll show it because as I mentioned you see yonji walking up behind sanji in the next episode preview

I'm still mad that the anime actually included the team vs the giant centipede from chapter 829 as filler when it was offscreen in the manga, except in the anime only Luffy takes it down while the manga clearly shows him, Carrot, and Pedro taking it down.

Then they had a bigger and more fillery centipede appear, and again only Luffy took it down.

I'm still mad that the anime actually included the team vs the giant centipede from chapter 829 as filler when it was offscreen in the manga, except in the anime only Luffy takes it down while the manga clearly shows him, Carrot, and Pedro taking it down.

Then they had a bigger and more fillery centipede appear, and again only Luffy took it down.
They gotta make luffy look cool before he gets his ass kicked by cracker,than knocked out by sanji Xp

Taborcarn

Mama: back in the present, mumbles something about wanting to be back with the giants

Luffy: "I know a giant named Hajrudin, he's the captain of one of the ships in my fleet."

Sanji: "You have a fleet?!?!?"

Ray Down

Banned

If it keeps supoorts of them on the crew quiet, I'm all for it.

caliph95

Gotta fill up the time

BHK3

Banned
Film Gold is greatness for the most part.. It's the first time I've watched a One Piece movie and wished that the setting could've been used for an actual arc in the manga. So much potential.

Them having
gear 4th
was the only thing I didn't like about the film. It's just my personal feelings that I don't want the latest and greatest thing to get spammed everywhere. Gold was also the only OP film I could really stomach since it felt like it was a REALLY good filler arc almost, with tesaros past being really well done without ever actually having a flashback. Also basically having Doflamingo 2.0 worked out in the end.

I was sitting in my moms living room and a wave of nostalgia hit me because I remember so vividly watching one piece fansubs that I ripped to my PS3 on her big screen. I'm so glad that one piece is still running.

Same way I watched all of OP years ago, think Amazon Lily was just happening in the anime when I fully caught up

Top Bottom