• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Ray Down

Banned
I enjoyed the game it probably has the best gameplay so far in the series (though not saying much when the DC stuff in the series was always bad to me especially in 3) but the story got stupid closer to the end and ended up being the worse story in the post 3 series
Morg stuff with him going away was a wet fart and knew he come back like Markarov and called all the betrayals
so atm I still say P4G is the best all around game in the series imo.

Still don't see why people like anime cutscenes in Persona games, mostly fluff and useless especially since I don't think there all that well animated and possible prevent female MC.

Also didn't like how it locks you out of certain SL with little warning.

could go deeper thoughts later

LotusHD

Banned
As if I'm not already working on the platinum for nier pfft top tier

Good, good.

I enjoyed the game it probably has the best gameplay so far in the series (though not saying much when the DC stuff in the series was always bad to me especially in 3) but the story got stupid closer to the end and ended up being the worse story in the post 3 series
Morg stuff with him going away was a wet fart and knew he come back like Markarov and called all the betrayals

Still don't see why people like anime cutscenes in Persona games, mostly fluff and useless especially since I don't think there all that well animated and possible prevent female MC.

Haven't played the other games, but yea I pretty much agree on it being pretty dumb towards the end.

Lol makarov..ugh!!

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Few?..long post incoming you brought this on yourselves
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4klpa7O2D1r6egkmo1_500.jpg[/img
[img]http://img.batoto.net/comics/2013/10/03/o/read524d931be16ab/img000019.png[/img
[img]http://mangabase.co/wp-content/manga/2/678/p_00018.jpg[/img
[img]http://pm1.narvii.com/5874/55abd1eac15b294693c694af848c445c2f99eafa_hq.jpg[/im]
[img]https://i.stack.imgur.com/KtVnR.png[/img
[img]http://www.onepiecepodcast.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/twirlies-1.jpg[/img
I can go on[/QUOTE]

Oddly enough pretty sure all except those last two he then proceeds to get absolutely owned.

But one more!

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/dWScEXX.jpg

Jay RaR

Persona 5 is my first Persona game and I really loved it. Loved it so much that I platinum'd it, my first ever plat. It was such a huge timesink after BotW lol.

Few?..long post incoming you brought this on yourselves

haha, I should've added "in the WCI arc".
But it seems like you were just ready to post this lol

Chase17

Strong World, FIlm Z, and Film Gold are all worked on heavily by Oda and they're worth watching. They're kidn of like Battle of Gods, except Battle of Gods is canon pretty much, lol. Strong World, Film Z, and Film Gold aren't canon but do contain canonical aspects to it. For example Film Z was the first time we saw Aokiji's tmeskip design before he appeared in the manga in Punk Hazard. A lot of the characters from the movies exist in the mainline canon in some capacity (especially Shiki) but the movies themselves are just what-ifs.

Outside of that, Movie 6 (I forgot the name of it) is also worth watching as well. It isn't offically released yet, but it's directed by Mamoru Hosoda and it's excellent.

Film Gold is greatness for the most part.. It's the first time I've watched a One Piece movie and wished that the setting could've been used for an actual arc in the manga. So much potential.
Thanks! I'll have to start checking those out.

I'm never touching that game again. I let gaf hype me... .its not for me and jrpgs run my life so idk what happened here
I think gaf is also too high on P3 and P4, though those have a better story than what is in 5.

Ray Down

Banned
Another awesome moment:

1482992238470551.jpg

Persona 5 is my first Persona game and I really loved it. Loved it so much that I platinum'd it, my first ever plat. It was such a huge timesink after BotW lol.

haha, I should've added "in the WCI arc".
But it seems like you were just ready to post this lol
It's been a long time coming lol sanji has cool moments dammit

Than there's haters like this scrub^^ damn pudding stans

caliph95

Also didn't like how it locks you out of certain SL with little warning.

how would you rank them

Ogodei

Oh, so we just gonna act like Whole Cake Island ain't a thing huh

Yes I'm a big Brook fan now. :p

Somebody has to go down at the bottom. Brook's definitely had more awesome moments, but Chopper's still more endearing, though yeah, there's an argument for swapping 8 and 9.

LotusHD

Banned
In terms of who I basically like the most:

1) Zoro
2) Luffy
3) Robin
4) Usopp
5) Nami
6) Sanji
7) Brook
8) Chopper
9) Franky

Do better Franky. And I go back-and-forth on Luffy and Zoro tbh

caliph95

Going by the ones I have played:

P4G > P2 > P3P >= P5 > P1 > P3
going by ones i played, proceeds to list all of them
only played 4G and 3p and i agree with your ranking, was P3 that worse than portable, i mean i played 4 before 3 so i am probably biased and deifnately but there were things especially as i was playing as the male mc that was frustrating. particularly the pacing, tartoros(fuck tartaros) and how difficult it was to do multiple female social links because the game decides i was dating them.

caliph95

Top tier:
Zorro, Luffy, Ussop, ViVi
mddle
Sanji(borderline bottom at his most annoying points like the bleeding nose plot point), Brook, Nami, Chopper
bottom:
Franky, Robin (she really doesn't do much)

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The Sanji and Doflamingo scuffle is pretty dope in context of the recent events. Both are renegade princes living the life of a pirate. Both come from evil families of sorts as well (even though Doflamingo's parents were really nice). Both of their mothers died tragically of sickness as well. The major difference is that Doflamingo's father was good, and Sanji's wasn't. It was a role-reversal thing where in one (Doflamingo) the father is good and the son is bad, while in the other (Sanji) the father is bad and the son is good.
These are the posts I read GAF for

Way better than "UR CHAR SUX LOL" ad infinitum

NSESN

I like P5 a lot, but the story and the battle mechanics stop it from being a 10 in my book. I loved the stealth part of it tho.

Red Fire

1. Franky
2. Sanji
3. Zoro
4. Luffy
5. Jinbei
6. Brook
7. Usopp
8. Chopper
9. Carrot
10. Nami
11. Robin

I don't get the Franky hate he is the best

Big One

Banned
And got really sick and fat from it, he REALLY doesn't need to be super involved next times or for good.
I don't disagree, actually. But the dude put his blood, swear, and tears into those movies AS WELL as doing the same with his manga. I have a lot of respect for Oda's work at basically telling every story he's ever wanted to tell into One Piece.

Red Fire

I love all of them...all of them

Actually me too, i don't dislike any of them. Oda did a good job in making the main crew likable

Lol at carrot I didn't even do it well done

Gotta include all the future strawhats 😉 #rabbitfornakama

Oh right. Below Nami, above Chopper.

I was going to say something about caliph ranking Vivi...
This almost snuck by me lol

Franky is a beast. Just look at the dressrosa arc, he gets shit done like a boss. Love his character too. Don't use Franky and the word least in the same sentence!!

Oh shit i forgot Vivi! The queen 😍

Red Fire

No Franky hate from me, just hasn't impressed me as of late. And Chopper's cute.

If it wasn't for him maybe Doffy wouldn't have been taken down. He was the one who convinced Luffy to help the people of Dressrosa. He also destroyed the smile factory while soloing Senor Pink, Delinger and a lot of marines including a vice admiral. He was basically the Brook of Dressrosa.
He also faced Baby 5 and that other dork on Punk Hazard.
His General Franky is OP.
He surprises with a new weapon or technique from his hidden arsenal in his body every once in a while.
His character is unique and he has a lot of funny moments.
He is responsible for the sunny and all of its awesome features.
He is definitely the strongest after the monster trio in the crew (excluding jinbei) and is underestimated by most fans.
In odas words: EVERY BOY LOVES ROBOTS

Franky is SUUUUUUPPPERRRRRRRRR
abc28dbb74d95c49eb496db2a013aa201849c7e3_hq.gif

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
If it wasn't for him maybe Doffy wouldn't have been taken down. He was the one who convinced Luffy to help the people of Dressrosa. He also destroyed the smile factory while soloing Senor Pink, Delinger and a lot of marines including a vice admiral. He was basically the Brook of Dressrosa.
He also faced Baby 5 and that other dork on Punk Hazard.
His General Franky is OP.
He surprises with a new weapon or technique from his hidden arsenal in his body every once in a while.
His character is unique and he has a lot of funny moments.
He is responsible for the sunny and all of its awesome features.
He is definitely the strongest after the monster trio in the crew (excluding jinbei) and is underestimated by most fans.
In odas words: EVERY BOY LOVES ROBOTS

Franky is SUUUUUUPPPERRRRRRRRR
abc28dbb74d95c49eb496db2a013aa201849c7e3_hq.gif

And he's a pervert.

LotusHD

Banned
Calling him the "Brook of Dressrosa" is a stretch, but whatever. And I thought it was Hakuba that took down Dellinger...

Honestly, the main reason I don't fuck with Franky as much (Well, aside from me just liking everyone more atm) is because I dislike characters that need stuff like General Franky in order to be at their strongest. It's just disappointing to look at that character fight, and then I'm like "Wait, why do I care, Franky's not in his mecha suit, so this just got a lot more boring." It'd be one thing if he could access it whenever he wanted, but he can't... So yea.

Calling him the "Brook of Dressrosa" is a stretch, but whatever. And I thought it was Hakuba that took down Dellinger...

Honestly, the main reason I don't fuck with Franky as much (Well, aside from me just liking everyone more atm) is because I dislike characters that need stuff like General Franky in order to be at their strongest. It's just disappointing to look at that character fight, and then I'm like "Wait, why do I care, Franky's not in his mecha suit, so this just got a lot more boring." It'd be one thing if he could access it whenever he wanted, but he can't... So yea.
Nah he's definitely the brook of dressrosa when you think about it. Throughout everything even helping the dwarves he achieved what they were on the island for in the first place he kept his focus on that factory and destroyed it

LotusHD

Banned
Nah he's definitely the brook of dressrosa when you think about it. Throughout everything even helping the dwarves he achieved what they were on the island for in the first place he kept his focus on that factory and destroyed it

Fair enough, I guess it's just that Brook's feats meant more to me because you genuinely didn't expect him to be so clutch, much less get tangled up with a Yonko. Whereas Franky told everyone from the get-go that he was gonna destroy it, and... he did. So when I hear "Brook of Dressrosa", I'm like "Eh..."

Also yea that whole kiss scene was yuck.

Chase17

Does Brook of dressrosa mean the character who gets the best scenes, or a less utilized character who gets a lot of great scenes.

Since if it's the former I'd say Usopp is the Brook of dressrosa.

Does Brook of dressrosa mean the character who gets the best scenes, or a less utilized character who gets a lot of great scenes.

The latter. Usopp is always doing something where as the middle 3 franky,brook and robin we're kinda just there for awhile especially Being the last to join

LotusHD

Banned

This! Yes, Usopp is exactly what I mean when I think of the term "Brook of Dressrosa". You didn't expect Usopp to do much, much less become a god (Heh, Nier reference) or get assigned the highest bounty from Doffy because he fucked everything up. Then he gets haki and saves Luffy from being erased from existence?

Perfect shit right there

This! Yes, Usopp is exactly what I mean when I think of the term "Brook of Dressrosa". You didn't expect Usopp to do much, much less become a god (Heh, Nier reference) or get assigned the highest bounty from Doffy because he fucked everything up. Then he gets haki and saves Luffy from being erased from existence?

Perfect shit right there
I call bullocks.
What arc has usopp not done much

You can always expect
Usopp,luffy,zoro,sanji and Ima add him now jinbe to do stuff every arc if no other strawhat does lol. Robin was in the damn arc and all she got to show for it is catching hakuba..and I guess protecting Rebecca but that's like whatever

smurfx

get some go again
So this isn't really a revelation, since it clearly had to be the case, but JB's translation has Caramel saying that if Big Mom ended up joining Cipher Pol, she could end up as "the strongest shield for the Celestial Dragons", as an alternative to her possibly becoming an admiral. I guess this is the first explicit confirmation that there are some absolute top-tier fighters in CP0 (who we likely haven't seen since they're always on defense duty in Mariejois).
i've always assumed there are admiral level people at mariejoa serving as bodyguards for the top celestials. no way would they hand over all of their protection to non celestials at the marines. after all what if one or two admirals one day tried to overthrow them?

Top Bottom