• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

tumblr_ordpdpCF901t45pbyo4_500.gif

Ray Down

Banned
Sanji wants the power lvl talk to stop!...before we get to him.

Although I will say he's easily stronger than his whole family...what ever that means.

Cwarrior

Luffy lost against doffy, doffy had him beat until the arena fights came to his aid, plus doffy beat law also.

Luffy only beat cracker thanks to nami & the homies.

turmoil

Banned
that reminds me, do you guys think that Tashigi is actually Kunia or not?...personally i could go either way on it.

Tashigi is Kuina, period.

And don't come at me with your fancy logic and common sense.

It would be one if the biggest asspull Oda could do, and what in the hell would happen to Zoro's characterization?

Veelk

Banned
It would be one if the biggest asspull Oda could do, and what in the hell would happen to Zoro's characterization?

"Wow Kuina, I know you said when we were kids that women are weaker than men, but you're Sanji levels of pathetic and weak. I can't believe we were ever rivals."

Veelk

Banned
As if people haven't risen from graves before.

It's half possible that the dirt just felt offended at the idea that they'd have to biodegrade a body as weak as Kuina's so it spat her back out.

Chase17

Can we all agree that Zolo has a much more devastating backstory than Sanji.

Sanji lucks out and is the only one of his siblings to have emotions. What a break! And even more he is able to escape that family and luck into an awesome father figure who would rather eat his own leg then let this stranger kid starve.

Meanwhile Zolo's closest friend dies by tripping of all things. Now that's tragedy!

turmoil

Banned
"Wow Kuina, I know you said when we were kids that women are weaker than men, but you're Sanji levels of pathetic and weak. I can't believe we were ever rivals."

If Oda were to include this dialogue I would be 100% for it happening lol

Can we all agree that Zolo has a much more devastating backstory than Sanji.

Sanji lucks out and is the only one of his siblings to have emotions. What a break! And even more he is able to escape that family and luck into an awesome father figure who would rather eat his own leg then let this stranger kid starve.

Meanwhile Zolo's closest friend dies by tripping of all things. Now that's tragedy!

Zoro's is the best mugiwara backstory, it's simplicity is charming.

Tashigi is Kuina, period.

And don't come at me with your fancy logic and common sense.

Oda already pretty much confirmed that Tashigi is not Kuina when he drew her as a kid.

latest

What does Tashigi have to do with Zoro's characterization? He's only interacted with her twice and her resemblance to Kuina is practically treated like a gag.

turmoil

Banned
Oda already pretty much confirmed that Tashigi is not Kuina when he drew her as a kid.

latest

What does Tashigi have to do with Zoro's characterization? He's only interacted with her twice and her resemblance to Kuina is practically treated like a gag.

If was thinking in Kuina being alive after so many years of Zoro honoring their rivalry thinking she was dead.

It works fine like it is right now, no plot twists needed.

--

For Tashigi to be Kuina, she would need to be as strong or stronger than Zoro, so it's a non starter.

RomanceDawn

When English readers of Shonen Jump were given the chance to ask Oda questions the Tashigi/Kuina thing came up and Oda shot it down. He straight out said "they just look alike, it's not like they are the same person or anything." Paraphrasing of course.

Ogodei

If was thinking in Kuina being alive after so many years of Zoro honoring their rivalry thinking she was dead.

It works fine like it is right now, no plot twists needed.

--

For Tashigi to be Kuina, she would need to be as strong or stronger than Zoro, so it's a non starter.

Not necessarily. Kuina might have peaked early. She herself was worried that she would lose out on strength to men of equivalent skill as she grew up (though a woman on the level of the great heavyweights in close combat would be nice to see, only now that we've gotten that in Linlin).

turmoil

Banned
Not necessarily. Kuina might have peaked early. She herself was worried that she would lose out on strength to men of equivalent skill as she grew up (though a woman on the level of the great heavyweights in close combat would be nice to see, only now that we've gotten that in Linlin).

Yeah but Kuina failing at keeping her promise while Zoro is on track would be lame.

Also, why Zoro went easy on Monet? That was inconsistent and uncalled for.

Red Fire

Yeah but Kuina failing at keeping her promise while Zoro is on track would be lame.

Why not? Nothing bad about not wanting to slice up a woman. All the more when he knows she does not stand a chance against him.

RomanceDawn

It was actually very consistent with Zoro's personality after the time skip. He trained with Mihawk who is known to leave opponents alone if the difference in power is so great. Then when they try something sneaky he demolIshes them in a single strike.

Think back to Fishman Island, Zoro called the drunken swordsman, Hyouzo, a frog in a well, same thing Mihawk called Zoro way back when. Zoro realized his opponent was nothing in comparison and walks away because fighting him wasn't worth his time, then Hyouzo tries the sneak attack and Zoro destroys him.

Monet is fighting Zoro and Zoro quickly realizes she is no where near his ability so he gives her the chance to walk away. She doesn't so he puts her in her place.

Top Bottom