• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Red Fire

-games
Y'all are sleeping on Burning Blood, shame on you! I don't know about single player but multiplayer is awesome. Finally a nice 1v1 one piece fighter

-what happens next
I guess the Vinsmokes with their suits will do something

-shichibukai
Ranked by strength

Mihawk - between admiral and yonko
Doflamingo - admiral
Kuma
Jinbei
Hancock
Crocoboy
Moriah
Buggy

Don't know where to put weevil, somewhere in the top 4

Ogodei

I'd put Mihawk and pre-conversion Kuma on Admiral/Yonkou level. Post-conversion Kuma probably lost some of that fighting spirit (can a robot do haki?) though he has better stamina and can't be reasoned with.

Boa's a big ol' question mark. Half of her power is that anyone who's capable of impure thoughts basically auto-loses to her. She seems an able fighter otherwise, but is probably higher than Vice Admirals but below the top tier of fighters (Yonkou, Admirals, some of CP0 and the high-rank Warlords).

Maybe she's on the level with Doflamingo: broken power but a sub-top-level fighter in their own right.

NSESN

I'd put Mihawk and pre-conversion Kuma on Admiral/Yonkou level. Post-conversion Kuma probably lost some of that fighting spirit (can a robot do haki?) though he has better stamina and can't be reasoned with.

Boa's a big ol' question mark. Half of her power is that anyone who's capable of impure thoughts basically auto-loses to her. She seems an able fighter otherwise, but is probably higher than Vice Admirals but below the top tier of fighters (Yonkou, Admirals, some of CP0 and the high-rank Warlords).

Maybe she's on the level with Doflamingo: broken power but a sub-top-level fighter in their own right.

Dofla isn't that much of a fighter, but he can tank a lot. I doubt Boa would be able to get up after getting hit kong gun like him.
If Dofla was faster he would be Admiral lvl for sure.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Weevil is a weird one because Kizaru himself claims he's as powerful as Whitebeard was at his prime. If that's the case, then doesn't that mean he's technically the most powerful pirate in One Piece at the moment?

You don't like Buggy?

What's next? Not liking Usopp?

No, I like him as a character, but he's not someone that should have been a Shichibukai. I'm sure Oda thought that would be high-larious, but I don't see where he's planning on going with that decision.

Dofla isn't that much of a fighter, but he can tank a lot. I doubt Boa would be able to get up after getting hit kong gun like him.
If Dofla was faster he would be Admiral lvl for sure.

Wait, why is Doffy not considered a good fighter? He managed to move out of Crocodile's sandstorm attack without any difficulty whatsoever, kicks are way more powerful than even Sanji's, he effortlessly defeated people like Jozu and Smoker, the list goes on and on.

LotusHD

Banned
Oda's the same guy that made Usopp be the god of Dressrosa, so don't be surprised when Buggy does something impressive, whether or not it's by accident. Anyways, Buggy just shows that it's not always about the strength of the individual Warlord, but the power of the crew, as well as the connections they have.

I feel like Buggy being made a Warlord is another way to show how concerned with optics the whole organization is since pretty much all of the members have either exploited their status, treated it with flippant disdain, or both.

Oblivion

I mean, it's also just bizarre to me because YOU JUST HAD A WAR where Buggy and his new crew played huge roles against the Marines.

LotusHD

Banned
I mean, it's also just bizarre to me because YOU JUST HAD A WAR where Buggy and his new crew played huge roles against the Marines.

Well that's not a big deal, since most/all of the Warlords have presumably been a huge pain in the ass for the Marines. Even if Buggy got himself involved in the war, they don't care. If they can use you for their own benefit, they will, your past be damned.

NSESN

Weevil is a weird one because Kizaru himself claims he's as powerful as Whitebeard was at his prime. If that's the case, then doesn't that mean he's technically the most powerful pirate in One Piece at the moment?

No, I like him as a character, but he's not someone that should have been a Shichibukai. I'm sure Oda thought that would be high-larious, but I don't see where he's planning on going with that decision.

Wait, why is Doffy not considered a good fighter? He managed to move out of Crocodile's sandstorm attack without any difficulty whatsoever, kicks are way more powerful than even Sanji's, he effortlessly defeated people like Jozu and Smoker, the list goes on and on.

I mean fighter in martial arts sense, but yeah I forgot his kicks

I imagine he meant that Weevil is as strong as Whitebeard was when he was a rookie pirate or something, not when he was at the height of his power.

On that note, I bet the source of Weevil's strength is just that he was "born monstrous" the same way Big Mom was.

Shichibukai are there for appearances. Yeah, they mostly happen to be crazy strong, but like bounties, their position isn't a 1:1 correlation with their strength. Buggy was a crew member on Gold Roger's ship, was seen surviving a number of encounters with various crazy strong folk during the war, as well as being part of the team that escaped Impel Down. For people AKA pirates hearing/seeing these feats from a distance he seems like an intimidating person, hence why he's perfect as a shichibukai

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

He doesn't have Whitebeard's devil fruit power, so he's technically weaker. That's still crazy strong though.

turmoil

Banned
I want to know what is the deal with Weevil and his mom

The easy route for Oda would be making him monstrously strong like BM and her mother a manipulator like Moria or Doffy, but I would gladly welcome something different.

Considering two of the Yonkl( Big Mom and Shanks) as well as at least one of the Admirals(Fujitora) use swords, I think it's safe to say Mihawk's upper limits are far greater than we've seen yet.

Random thought: One Piece's style of having a character show up way before they're in a full fledged fight always screws with video game gameplay.

Shanks is in a bunch of games but the developers have nothing to work with.

Random thought: One Piece's style of having a character show up way before they're in a full fledged fight always screws with video game gameplay.

Shanks is in a bunch of games but the developers have nothing to work with.

Lol, I remember having One Piece Grand Battle.

Mihawk's moveset was predictably OP as fuck. It didn't help that they gave him an exclusive Assist character that was near impossible to defend against.

LotusHD

Banned
Actually, we have. In Marineford.

He can't cut diamond. That's his limit.

I wonder if Haki can cut Diamond/Seastone. Anyways, the first character to do so (So basically either him or Zoro) will be my favorite character forever lol

Wasn't he holding back, and that slash was just supposed to be a test?

Both? We know he held back based on the stuff he taught Zoro, as well as later learning that Haki is a thing, so yea.

Oblivion

In a world where swordsmen can cut down solid steel, trains and galleons, I don't see why cutting diamond would be out of the question. Especially for the world's strongest swordsman.

LotusHD

Banned
In a world where swordsmen can cut down solid steel, trains and galleons, I don't see why cutting diamond would be out of the question. Especially for the world's strongest swordsman.

I don't think anyone truly think it is. Just that, at this point in time, no one has demonstrated the ability to do so. Considering how Zoro figured out how to cut steel, I could easily see him learning how to cut diamond, seastone
or Doffy's strings
one day.

BHK3

Banned
None of the warlords are admiral lvl.

Mihawk is close though.

Dofla was admiral level hands down, I don't like putting him into the same category as Gecko Moria because one kept to himself on his island ship while the other one spread his influence throughout the world. If you're publicly a douche with insane influence and strength like Big Mom, Blackbeard and Kaido then they'll make you an emperor. People like Whitebeard had the strongest devil fruit and Shanks both knew Roger personally which explains their rankings. Dofla would've been Emperor if he wanted that title out of the government, but he didn't for obvious reasons. You can have weaker Emperors and strong Emperors just like with the Warlords, just because Dofla feared Kaido doesn't mean they can't be in the same rankings. I highly doubt anyone ever gave a shit about Moria and former Warlords like Crocodile and Moria seem like small fry compared to somebody like Weevil and Doflamingo.

Also is an Admiral weaker or stronger than an Emperor? Because if we say Dofla is an admiral then that means he would lose to any fights with the Emperors which sounds right.

LotusHD

Banned
Watched the anime episode, the Seducing Woods is appropriately creepy.

And they actually showed Sanji fighting Yonji!
For an extremely brief amount of time.

Ray Down

Banned
You see this is why I try to avoid power level discussions.

Dolfa wasen't admerial level, he got smoked by Aokiji with little effort, Fuji never really fought him, got beat down by gear 4 luffy who still can't overpower Admerials and Yonko comanders and again shat his pants at the prospect of ending on an empperors bad side.

Yonkos are Yonkos becuase they are all pretty much equal and are the strogest, if two truely fight one another it decimates both crew and if one falls and one weaker one of the others will swoop in and wipe them out, fighting is meatually assured destruction. The ballance woukldn't be kept if there were Yonkos really weaker there all on simiular levels.

Dolfa lacks the sheer empire and land mass control Yonkos have too.

And the Gekko comparison ignores Gekko past, he was a pirate with ambition just like Dolfa who lived to being the pirate king who used his own powers to fight along side his strong crew aganist yonko like Kaido until he destroyed Gekko and killed his crew. Now he just became lazy and looking for strong people be the ones to push him to the throne. Just cause he got lazy doesn't demish when he wants to he a huge threat.

Admerials are weaker then Yonko for the most part, genrally the Yonko will beat them (loking at Marineford) they can still put a onko through a tough fight.

Why do people keep pretending it didn't take both Luffy and Law to defeat Dofla and that he was solely beaten down by Luffy? Did I see a different fight than everyone else? It was literally 2v1, with Law greatly damaging him, not to mention Luffy needed people protecting/hiding him while his haki returned.

Oblivion

You see this is why I try to avoid power level discussions.

Dolfa wasen't admerial level, he got smoked by Aokiji with little effort, Fuji never really fought him, got beat down by gear 4 luffy who still can't overpower Admerials and Yonko comanders and again shat his pants at the prospect of ending on an empperors bad side.

Eh, I dunno. He easily broke out of Aokiji's ice without any injuries whatsoever, showed he had no hesitation fighting Fuji if it came to that (and also, even he wasn't able stop Doffy's bird cage attack), and we know that at minimum, he's strong enough that the Marines would have to send an admiral to stop him.

Why do people keep pretending it didn't take both Luffy and Law to defeat Dofla and that he was solely beaten down by Luffy? Did I see a different fight than everyone else? It was literally 2v1, with Law greatly damaging him, not to mention Luffy needed people protecting/hiding him while his haki returned.

This too.

Syntsui

Come on, Dofla only lost to Luffy because he was severely crippled by Law's attack. He spent the entire fight focusing in reconstructing his organ while fighting peak-level Luffy. You can't simply say things like ''he lost to Gear 4 pretty easily, therefore he is not even Yonko commander level''.

Edit: And yeah, Luffy literally had a time out to recover his energy and try again. Dofla >>> Luffy as far as any serious power level discussion (LOL RIGHT?) goes.

Ray Down

Banned
Eh, I dunno. He easily broke out of Aokiji's ice without any injuries whatsoever, showed he had no hesitation fighting Fuji if it came to that (and also, even he wasn't able stop Doffy's bird cage attack), and we know that at minimum, he's strong enough that the Marines would have to send an admiral to stop him.
This too.

It wasn't even a named atttack and Aokiji could have just smashed him killingDolfa like he was gonna Luffy and Robin remeber he did frose in in the breif milasecond he nearly killed Smoker and Dolfa left right after.

Fujitora wasn't sent to Dressrosa to deal with Dolfa he was there to capture/deal Luffy and Law and threated Dolfa straight to his face that if he made a move agnist him or the marines he would take him down.

Birdcage is nothing but a narative device to add a ticking clock element to Dressrosa like he did with all the other new world arcs previously makking it real hard to take seriously.

Luffy also wasen't at full streght after fighting in the collosium, his breif fights with dolfa like three times including using red hawk, fight with Bellamy and his breif fight with trebol (This all takes place withen hours) while throughout dressrosa Dolfa bearly exerted himself besides cutting up meteorites and repairing the Gemma knife that he got back up.

Luffy also wasen't at full streght after fighting in the collosium, his breif fights with dolfa like three times including using red hawk, fight with Bellamy and his breif fight with trebol (This all takes place withen hours) while throughout dressrosa Dolfa bearly exerted himself besides cutting up meteorites and repairing the Gemma knife that he got back up.

Did Luffy get injured at all during the tournament? IIRC he even only had to use haki once before fighting Doffy. He was much closer to 100% than Doffy was

LotusHD

Banned
It's so hard to tell with Luffy sometimes, because a dude made out of rubber can take a lot more than the average person lol

Come on, Dofla only lost to Luffy because he was severely crippled by Law's attack. He spent the entire fight focusing in reconstructing his organ while fighting peak-level Luffy. You can't simply say things like ''he lost to Gear 4 pretty easily, therefore he is not even Yonko commander level''.

Edit: And yeah, Luffy literally had a time out to recover his energy and try again. Dofla >>> Luffy as far as any serious power level discussion (LOL RIGHT?) goes.
Luffy also had to fight his way through a bunch of enemies up to Doffy, and let himself get wrecked by Bellamy before the fight started. You can't say either started at 100%

Actually, we have. In Marineford.

He can't cut diamond. That's his limit.

One piece logic says you have to be specifically trying to cut a material in order to do so. Zoro original teacher proved his point on that by swinging his sword in such a way that it failed to cut paper, but zoro used it as a lesson to cut...whatever Mr 1 was.

If course you can probably brute force through anything g if you're strong enough, but I wouldn't assume Mohawk can't cut diamond based on an indirect attack meant for someone else.

Veelk

Banned
One piece logic says you have to be specifically trying to cut a material in order to do so. Zoro original teacher proved his point on that by swinging his sword in such a way that it failed to cut paper, but zoro used it as a lesson to cut...whatever Mr 1 was.

If course you can probably brute force through anything g if you're strong enough, but I wouldn't assume Mohawk can't cut diamond based on an indirect attack meant for someone else.

Yeah, but that someone else was whitebeard. I think even Mihawk would pull out the stops for him.

We'll see tho. I'm guessing that even after the training, Zoro still ain't shit to Mihawk, but it might by a useful way of proving whose the better swordsman without it just being a brawl. If Mihawk can't cut diamond and Zoro can, that might be how he gets the title.

Edit: PSA reminder

Doflamingo WON his fight against Luffy if you isolated it to the two of them.

Luffy collapsed while Doflamingo recovered after damage from gear 4. Luffy only survived due to third party interference from the Dressrosa citizens/gladiators. He'd have died at Doflamingo's hands if they were allowed to continue uninterrupted.

turmoil

Banned
Doflamingo WON his fight against Luffy if you isolated it to the two of them.

Luffy collapsed while Doflamingo recovered after damage from gear 4. Luffy only survived due to third party interference from the Dressrosa citizens/gladiators. He'd have died at Doflamingo's hands if they were allowed to continue uninterrupted.

Luffy has the power to make allies, so he won in his own right
/s

Top Bottom