• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Big One

Banned
As beautiful as the Ninja Storm games are visually, I honestly feel the gameplay in them is pretty weak for the most part. The Pirate Warriors games are more impressive, and they're just normal Musou games with a few twists here and there.

For me Ninja Storm isn't that far removed mechanically from One Piece Burning Blood in terms of actual quality. They're both middle-of-the-road fighters that are "fun," just Ninja Storm looks visually stunning.

As beautiful as the Ninja Storm games are visually, I honestly feel the gameplay in them is pretty weak for the most part. The Pirate Warriors games are more impressive, and they're just normal Musou games with a few twists here and there.

Honestly Ninja Storm isn't that far removed mechanically from One Piece Burning Blood in terms of actual quality. They're both middle-of-the-road fighters that are "fun," just Ninja Storm looks visually stunning.
I will not take that comparison at burning blood is an abomination with minimal effort. A jstars comparison more like

LotusHD

Banned
Meh I guess marineford story mode was a joke
I just didn't like it

That's my main reason for being disappointed. As an anime fighter it wasn't exactly gonna be great to begin with, but they just gave no fucks in regards to the SP content, something the DBZ and Naruto games do well. Instead they just drop you in the middle of Marineford, which just utterly confuses newcomers, as well as fans of the series who are left perplexed as to why they picked that particular arc, and only that one arc despite OP having a myriad of stuff to choose from.

Only reason I got it was because it was the first (I think, at the very least it's been a loooong while) OP fighting game, and it looked kinda cool, so I figured why not despite me knowing how it'd likely end. Game overall sucked, but I admittedly liked the base of it. They could sucker me into buying a hypothetical sequel/next OP game if they delivered on the SP content, because I've always been thirsty for an actual decent OP game.
No, I'm never playing Pirate Warriors.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

For me Ninja Storm isn't that far removed mechanically from One Piece Burning Blood in terms of actual quality. They're both middle-of-the-road fighters that are "fun," just Ninja Storm looks visually stunning.

Yep, the wrong Naruto franchise made it out of the PS2/GCN/XBOX era.

Big One

Banned
Saw this on reddit:

wfNuSuf.png

The people Big Mom ate were reborn as her children. Pudding's cafe (the one Luffy and Chopper ate) was also called Cafe Caramel.

MANUELF

Banned
I loved the Unlimited Adventure game, I also have Unlimited Cruise SP and all 3 Pirate Warriors games, Unlimited Adventure is my favorite
Because is the only game with english voice acting

Ok guys, what kind of deus ex machina will Oda pull to save Luffy and his gang?

Power of friendship?
Shanks outta nowhere?
Blackbeard out of nowhere to kill Big Momma?
GEAR 9000, luffy's special move?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ok guys, what kind of deus ex machina will Oda pull to save Luffy and his gang?

Power of friendship?
Shanks outta nowhere?
Blackbeard out of nowhere to kill Big Momma?
GEAR 9000, luffy's special move?

Run until they find another mirror? There's not really a lot of those instances in One Piece, it isn't Fairy Tail.

Run until they find another mirror? There's not really a lot of those instances in One Piece, it isn't Fairy Tail.

I wonder, what does count as legitimate deus ex machinas in One Piece over the years?

I know. I'm just saying. This is a really new situation, I feel. I was saying "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK" out loud when the mirror broke. Options are next to none for Luffy and his crew to run.

All of big momma's children and Momma herself are about to eat some gum gum.

I'll go with this, though. Pudding will save them.

Chase17

I picked up Warriors 3 on sale a couple of months ago and it's pretty good. I'll probably try out the unlimited world deluxe when that comes out.

LotusHD

Banned
I know. I'm just saying. This is a really new situation, I feel. I was saying "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK" out loud when the mirror broke. Options are next to none for Luffy and his crew to run.

All of big momma's children and Momma herself are about to eat some gum gum.

I'll go with this, though. Pudding will save them.

I know what you're saying, it's just that it made me think of the question is all lol

I don't see Pudding doing anything noteworthy though.

I know what you're saying, it's just that it made me think of the question is all lol

I don't see Pudding doing anything noteworthy though.

Maybe she doesn't, but it's a probability. I've read enough manga/seen enough anime to know that showing kindness to someone who hasn't had it, is enough to make them allies. I bet she'll delete everyone's memories for a while, giving Luffy and crew enough time to run for it.

LotusHD

Banned
I'm not saying she'll never be helpful to them this arc in terms of (temporarily?) making peace with Big Mom, but at this current point in time, I don't see her doing anything to help them. She's not going to alter anyone's memories. And she's certainly in no position to tell Big Mom or her sibling to back off.

Right now, she's useless as far as I can tell.

EDIT:

If she has the ability to delete the memories of several people without touching them, then yea, that would be a deus ex machina lol

I'm not saying she'll never be helpful to them this arc in terms of (temporarily?) making peace with Big Mom, but at this current point in time, I don't see her doing anything to help them. She's not going to alter anyone's memories. And she's certainly in no position to tell Big Mom or her sibling to back off.

Right now, she's useless as far as I can tell.

EDIT:

If she has the ability to delete the memories of several people without touching them, then yea, that would be a deus ex machina lol

We'll find out next week, I HOPE!

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I think Jesus Burgess can do it also. If so, then it's not the Darkness fruit that makes it possible.
I don't remember him taking anyone's fruit powers.

BHK3

Banned
The storm games make the series tolerable, the manga I don't feel like reading and the anime filled with filler and awful animation. The games are dumb fun with simple easy systems and tell you the story in the best animated way. I still need to play storm 4 but I wouldn't care about Naruto at all without the storm games. A one piece game in that vein would take 5 years to make and would be godly to witness.

dabig2

As expected, PLAN FAILED. Lol

Now, I really have no idea what's going to happen next. Pet theory is that Pudding will do something to Big Mom to make her forget the Strawhats were there after much hijinks. Cause I don't believe Big Mom is going down this arc and if she's after the SHs that much, there is no way they're going to survive. They've got 2 900+ billion pirates on their ass not to mention Big Mom herself who should wreck all of them by herself. There's no easy escape off this island atm.

Maybe Dragon and the revolutionaries help save the day by spiriting them away? Or maybe the SH fleet makes an appearance sooner than we thought. Regardless, we're going to need a 3rd party to intervene soon. I would mention the Vinsmokes, but they're SHIT. If the finale is them throwing an army of fodder clones to give the SHs and co. an escape, I'll be mildly pissed because, well, fuck them.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Apologies if power rankings have been discussed, but I am curious about y'alls thoughts. There seems to be a lot of debate about how strong each of the 7 warlords are. Do you guys think they're weaker, equal, or stronger than the admirals?

caliph95

Mihawk is yonko level
Dofflamingo required an admiral to be sent
Weevil is at least as strong as n admiral likely stronger he was taking down Yonko crew by himself

Grexeno

Apologies if power rankings have been discussed, but I am curious about y'alls thoughts. There seems to be a lot of debate about how strong each of the 7 warlords are. Do you guys think they're weaker, equal, or stronger than the admirals?
Guys like Mihawk are at least admiral level. Others, like Buggy, definitely aren't.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Yes, obviously ignoring someone like Buggy of course (I really hate Oda sometimes).

Mihawk is yonko level
Dofflamingo required an admiral to be sent
Weevil is at least as strong as n admiral likely stronger he was taking down Yonko crew by himself

Didn't Fujitora show up cause he was ordered to, not cause Doflamingo asked for his help?

latest

Mihawk an admiral level. cute

Why is this a laughable claim? Dude used to be a rival to Shanks!

turmoil

Banned
Mihawk and Kuma are admiral lvl for sure

boa and weevil maybe?

Buggy obviously yonkou

Damn they only have 5 now

Moria is viceadmiral level
Crocodile viceadmiral with logia
Boa we don't know *insert a veelk rant here*
Jinbe viceadmiral
Dofla admiral---
Kuma admiral
Mihawk Yonko
Weevi admiral---
Buggy God Usopp level

Why is this a laughable claim? Dude used to be a rival to Shanks!

Implying Mihawk is just admiral level

NSESN

Mihawk is between yonkou and admiral. Dofla is maybe the same as Fujitora. The original admirals should be above any warlord that isn't mihawk(and maybe kuma).
Garp at peak is yonkou lvl.

Big One

Banned
I could see Mihawk being Emperor level. I really think he's the monster that really holds the Warlords together as a force to be reckoned with. There's a reason why Oda hasn't revealed his bounty. It's probably in the billions.

I'm also predicting Big Mom's bounty to be 5 billion due to the pattern of her previous bounties.

Ray Down

Banned
.>None of the warlords are admiral lvl.
>mihawk the world's greatest swordsman and can clash with Shanks a yonko is only close
A lot of that was in the past and we don't know when did Shanks reach Yonko level.

We know he lost interest in Shanks after he lost his arm, but was Shanks even Yonko tier then?

Top Bottom