• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Ogodei

It was actually very consistent with Zoro's personality after the time skip. He trained with Mihawk who is known to leave opponents alone if the difference in power is so great. Then when they try something sneaky he demolIshes them in a single strike.

Think back to Fishman Island, Zoro called the drunken swordsman, Hyouzo, a frog in a well, same thing Mihawk called Zoro way back when. Zoro realized his opponent was nothing in comparison and walks away because fighting him wasn't worth his time, then Hyouzo tries the sneak attack and Zoro destroys him.

Monet is fighting Zoro and Zoro quickly realizes she is no where near his ability so he gives her the chance to walk away. She doesn't so he puts her in her place.

Never thought about it that way, but it is a break with how he was portrayed before, not that he went out of his way to torment foes weaker than him, but he certainly seemed to be having fun trashing fools on Whiskey Peak.

LotusHD

Banned
It was actually very consistent with Zoro's personality after the time skip. He trained with Mihawk who is known to leave opponents alone if the difference in power is so great. Then when they try something sneaky he demolIshes them in a single strike.

Think back to Fishman Island, Zoro called the drunken swordsman, Hyouzo, a frog in a well, same thing Mihawk called Zoro way back when. Zoro realized his opponent was nothing in comparison and walks away because fighting him wasn't worth his time, then Hyouzo tries the sneak attack and Zoro destroys him.

Monet is fighting Zoro and Zoro quickly realizes she is no where near his ability so he gives her the chance to walk away. She doesn't so he puts her in her place.

Interesting perspective, never thought about it that way

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I hate how Lucci, Spandam and Kaku are back in CP0. y tho.

Ray Down

Banned
Shanks can't be the strongest in the current timeline since Blackbeard will kill him.

Hell I don't think he's still on the lvl of Prime Whitebeard or Roger.

Shanks can't be the strongest in the current timeline since Blackbeard will kill him.

Where would Shanks rank among the rest of the Yonko though?

He really is an unknown factor considering from what we know he's the only one without a Devil Fruit.

Ray Down

Banned
Where would Shanks rank among the rest of the Yonko though?

He really is an unknown factor considering from what we know he's the only one without a Devil Fruit.

Hard to say, but I say they are all close to each other, but in the end one may edge out over the other.

That of course depends on various factors like devil fruit, haki, ect.

Think the 3 demon kings from YYH.

The Three Kings Statistics
Raizen Mukuro Yomi
HP/Stamina 460,000 351,000 422,500
Offensive Power 424,000 231,000 382,500
Special Abilities 86,000 570,000 410,000
Defensive Power 352,000 423,000 325,000
Total Demon Power 1,322,000 1,575,000 1,550,000
Note that Raizen is in a weakened state.

Big One

Banned

Maybe not Whitebeard but I do think it's possible he's pretty much on the same level of Roger with the exception that Roger had the ability to hear the Voice of All Things (though that has nothing to do with fighting prowess). I actually think Whitebeard was much, much stronger than Roger as a whole, but Roger's ambition and resolve made him go toe-to-toe with Whitebeard, Big Mom, and Shiki's strength. Being Pirate King doesn't mean you're the strongest, it just means you've conquered the world so to speak.

Characters like Whitebeard, Big Mom, Kaidou, and etc. are just natural monsters. Guys like Roger and Shanks had to do other things to get through to them like become Perfect Haki Masters or some shit like that. Though I do think there is some variance to this especially if those elemental powers are linked to haki. Haki might be able to "evolve" as well hence why there's so many different ways to utilize it in the story.

Ogodei

Sony's got some solid stuff but nothing surprising, Microsoft was more aggressive but didn't make the value proposition for XOX work.

Of course, Nintendo could blow it if their reveals aren't big either, though if Fire Emblem Warriors and Xenoblade 2 look cool they could come out on top either way (since we know Odyssey is going to be amazing).

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Care to say why?

Interested in basically nothing from MS but Ori 2 and the DBZ game, which I'll get on my computer and PS4 respectively. Otherwise just a hyper-masterbatory power fantasy about 4K 4K 4K most powerful console ever look at our power (btw all it means for 90% of gamers is supersampling). Sony was just like zero new games, just DLC and longer demos of the shit they announced last year, I was SHOCKED when he came out to say "well we're done," it felt like they were halfway through a show.

Veelk

Banned
I'm middling on this E3. I just wanted a From Software to give me Tech Souls or Bloodborne 2, but it looks like they're making me wait on that.

I'm surprised how apathetic I am to God of War. I had expected to atleast one to hate-play it or something. But nothing about it looks interesting to me except the seeing their versions of Norse mythology creatures. But they almost come off as an after thought because they're focusing on Kratos being a dad. Which is a characterization I just am unable to reconcile with Kratos as I seen him in the first trilogy.

There are a good number of things I'm interested in (spiderman, Horizon and Uncharted DLC, Ass Creed Egypt might be worth while if Ubisoft don't shit the bed with gameplay/collectibles, Beyond Good and Evil 2 is probably the best looking game), just nothing that I see worth going crazy about.

LotusHD

Banned
This is the worst E3 in years, at least from Sony/MS. Ya'll are straight trippin.

Save us Nintendo.

Okay, I get that. In terms of brand new games we've never seen before, complete surprises, and stuff that is actually coming out this year, Sony wasn't very good. Completely fair to say.

It's just Sony just pulled out the games instead of doing some lame presentation (Though seeing Miyamoto today was cool), so like, it being better than the past stuff this year was good enough for me tbh

Interested in basically nothing from MS but Ori 2 and the DBZ game, which I'll get on my computer and PS4 respectively. Otherwise just a hyper-masterbatory power fantasy about 4K 4K 4K most powerful console ever look at our power (btw all it means for 90% of gamers is supersampling). Sony was just like zero new games, just DLC and longer demos of the shit they announced last year, I was SHOCKED when he came out to say "well we're done," it felt like they were halfway through a show.

Actually damn, it really did slip my mind that we did see a lot of this stuff from last year, and it's the only stuff I'm really interested in...

Save us Nintendo.

BHK3

Banned
I can't wait to spend $500 on a console so I can watch NPC's glitch through the ground in 3840x2160 resolution that will probably be dynamic because Bethesda are actual money laundering criminals. I also can't wait to continue waiting until like June 2018 for games like Days Gone and Detroit which were revealed last year(or eariler) while absolutely nothing new was shown. God of War is March 100% but they still haven't fully convinced me that the gameplay is any good.

All I wanted was Bloodborne 2 and confirmation of Dragons Dogma being 60fps in the ps4 port. Or backwards compatibility for ps4, or ps1/2/3 games to buy on ps4, or literally anything. No Armoured Core. No DMC. Nothing from Sucker Punch. *Man cries out for
new games while standing knee deep in them*

DB fighters was number 1 highlight this E3, I don't even know what 2 or 3 would be.

LotusHD

Banned
Well, the Rabbids game was pretty neat. Whether you're buying it or not, that game looked a lot better than virtually everyone thought it would.

caliph95

Meh i'm just joking seeing a lot of E3 in the off topic community but its not like we are ever on topic

Better than shitposting or shipposting

NSESN

Nintendo wasn't great. But at least was above my expectations. And Mario looks awesome.

In other news. Spoilers in a few hours right?

Top Bottom