• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
So is she...it ain't happening tho
lol, reminds me of the Family Guy episode when Meg is born, they announce that it's a girl, and Peter asks the nurse to check again.

Also I'm 28, right in between everyone else it seems

Ogodei

27 and started One Piece with the 4Kids dub back in 2004, so depending on which month it premiered i was 14 or 15. Didn't actually start following the manga though until the timeskip in 2010 when i was 21.

Followed OP on Toonami through the end of 4Kids and the beginning of Funimation until it was unceremoniously dropped about episode 166 (Skypiea arc), which was in early 2008, and then late that year i started watching it online when my Japanese professor encouraged our class to start watching anything Japanese to help keep up with the language.

In between watching other anime at times (like Haruhi, Excel Saga, and Welcome to the NHK), i managed to catch up to the anime by November 2010, and have followed since then, even catching it live for a while when i was in Japan for a semester.

LotusHD

Banned
I'm 21, saw the 4Kids One Piece dub way back in the day (I recall briefly thinking Sanji was the main character lmao), then it just kind of faded out of memory. Then it showed up on Toonami where I watched it sporadically up to the Alabasta arc.

Eventually I just dived in and watched the entire thing up to the Fishman Island arc or so. And then I finally saw the light and began reading it since high school.

Ray Down

Banned
I'm 21, saw the 4Kids One Piece dub way back in the day (I recall briefly thinking Sanji was the main character lmao), then it just kind of faded out of memory. Then it showed up on Toonami where I watched it sporadically up to the Alabasta arc.

Eventually I just dived in and watched the entire thing up to the Fishman Island arc or so. And then I finally saw the light and began reading it since high school.

tumblr_nihreonyV61tig7qho1_500.gif

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I remember waiting two weeks for new Kaizoku Fansubs episodes to download on like, the very first torrent client. I was so, SO excited to finally finish Arlong Park

No I don't advocate piracy. But my younger 15 year old self did

When I started watching, Drum was the latest subbed arc, and it wasn't even done. Drum. I remember talking about new releases with my friend over Final Fantasy XI sessions. I've been here for the long haul.

IHaveIce

Banned
I started One Piece when it opened in Germany, which was when I was 12 or 11, that's 14 years ago.
I watched it all the time and prefered it over Naruto, I have watched until Enies Lobby, then there were dubbing issues and rights issues in Germany, the show switched its channel and I didn't continue watching it.

When I was 18 a good friend of mine told me he now watches One Piece every sunday on japanese, I've binge watched all remaining german episodes (up to 400, everything after sabaody only exists on german just recently) and then started watching on japanese.
The timeskip had some weird pacing so I searched for ways to read the manga.. and here I am.

Chase17

Wow, I see not many of you are true hardcore fans like myself.

I'm 20, started to read One Piece at age 20 late last year. I remember watching an episode or two when it aired on 4kids but I never got into it. I think I didn't like that the main power was being rubber lol. I think I was at the age that I needed more edge haha.

LotusHD

Banned
I don't blame you for thinking that sanji was the only cool looking one Xp

And I started it lol

That was basically it, I see this dude using only his legs, kicking people all cool and shit, so the confusion was real when I learned the protagonist had freaking rubber powers lol

27 and started One Piece with the 4Kids dub back in 2004, so depending on which month it premiered i was 14 or 15. Didn't actually start following the manga though until the timeskip in 2010 when i was 21.

Followed OP on Toonami through the end of 4Kids and the beginning of Funimation until it was unceremoniously dropped about episode 166 (Skypiea arc), which was in early 2008, and then late that year i started watching it online when my Japanese professor encouraged our class to start watching anything Japanese to help keep up with the language.

In between watching other anime at times (like Haruhi, Excel Saga, and Welcome to the NHK), i managed to catch up to the anime by November 2010, and have followed since then, even catching it live for a while when i was in Japan for a semester.
That pattern echoes mine very well. Started with 4Kids until it was dropped, then got into the Japanese version around 2008. Fillers during Enies Lobby would then push me into reading the manga.

Chase17

I think we will find out that Carrot is for some reason the one true queen of Zou so she will go back, with Pedro's body, to rule.

Don't like uroge but wouldn't the top one sting more..yea it would lol looking at that for 3 months

Bet was carrot has to join the crew. We won't know the inner until after wano right that's what we decided on?
Because the minks will still be with them

Chase17

Don't like uroge but wouldn't the top one sting more..yea it would lol looking at that for 3 months

Bet was carrot has to join the crew. We won't know the inner until after wano right that's what we decided on?
Because the minks will still be with them
I don't like your chances on that. Better go double for nothing and bet Sanji wins a 1v1 fight or something this arc.

MANUELF

Banned
26 here, caught up watching subbed episodes on youtube before they starting deleting them, I was around 18 years old and the latest saga was the filler arc between Ennies Lobby and Thriller Bark

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
There's no chapter next week.

Come on Oda you're going to miss Togashi's brief return. Ah I'm sure he'll make the next one.

caliph95

That was basically it, I see this dude using only his legs, kicking people all cool and shit, so the confusion was real when I learned the protagonist had freaking rubber powers lol
I think i watched the singaporean dub so i don't remember the dumb voice they gave him and thought Sanji was cool but tbf i only seen the filler arc with a dragon as a kid.
Still thought in my kid brain that Zolo was the coolest
There's no chapter next week.

Come on Oda you're going to miss Togashi's brief return. Ah I'm sure he'll make the next one.
The awkward moment when Togashi has a chapter but Oda is on a break

Top Bottom