• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

LotusHD

Banned
Since Lotus is the youngest here, you are officially the Chopper of the group.

������ the lowest tier possible
Lotus is our emergency food supply that's pretty dark

That's a tough break Lotus

Wait, what?

WAIT, no, fuck that. I bring other offerings for you guys:

21, started reading with 16.

21, you are all old to me

----

Wait I think your actually the youngest at 21, I don't see a post about Lotus age.

This is what happens when you try to talk on a forum when you have a fever.

You do have a fever, because somehow you convinced yourself that I didn't put my age (which is 21), when I clearly did lol

I'm younger than Lotus but don't think I've posted here long enough to qualify for chopper status.

yeah that.
We've found our chopper
tenor.gif

Chase17

I like Chopper a lot, he's in my 2nd tier of straw hats. Though I can't think of any post time skip moments that are particularly memorable with him.

Is chopper disliked here by something else than his post-timeskip design?
Didn't like his pre timeskip design
He gets no laughs from me
I don't find his fights interesting at all
Monster point was cool until he learned to control it now i don't care for it
Should've gotten kureha instead

NSESN

Just to remind everyone that BLeg thought that Ash would win Kalos league. I think it is fair to say Carrot will never join.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Doesn't HxH get high ratings whenever it's on

It gets average rankings, but HxH is special in that it doesn't get ranked, like color pages. So it doesn't matter what its ranking is, especially when it continues to sell volumes by the truckload.

Also, Chopper is awesome.

caliph95

It gets average rankings, but HxH is special in that it doesn't get ranked, like color pages. So it doesn't matter what its ranking is, especially when it continues to sell volumes by the truckload.

Also, Chopper is awesome.
Right Volumes that's what i was thinking of, it's why Togashi gets so much leeway

Chase17

So basically got a contract that gives him freedom in regards to releases?
I guess YYH and HxH sell amazing

I think HxH is one of the few manga series that has volumes that sell over a million copies. Only other ones right now are One Piece and Attack on Titan I believe.

BatDan

So basically got a contract that gives him freedom in regards to releases?
I guess his books sell really well
Edit: Found out he is pretty much one of Jump most successful authors

Yeah. Yu Yu Hakusho was a huge hit. But it notably has a rushed ending.
Togashi claims that an editor locked him in a hotel room and forced him to do work. I'm not sure how true that is but it likely lead to the contract he has for HxH. He probably threatened to take his work to Kodansha or Shogakugan.

Veelk

Banned
Togashi's freedom in Jump still makes me laugh.

I love his stuff so it's sad to see that he clearly doesn't have much in the way of interest in continuing to be a mangaka, but it's just so absurd to see such a success story spend so little time actually doing the work.

Chase17

Togashi's freedom in Jump still makes me laugh.

I love his stuff so it's sad to see that he clearly doesn't have much in the way of interest in continuing to be a mangaka, but it's just so absurd to see such a success story spend so little time actually doing the work.
I wouldn't be too eager to work on manga if it destroyed my health either. Those author comments are rough.

caliph95

I need to find the schedule but it's insane especially for weekly manga. It shocked me when reading Bakuman when i found out how true it was. While i like reading manga i don't wish the kind workload on anyone

It's likely why Oda gets regular breaks now

Veelk

Banned
I wouldn't be too eager to work on manga if it destroyed my health either. Those author comments are rough.

To be sure, the life of a mangaka is grueling.

But if he has the freedom to take the breaks he does, he should just use that to work on a more intermittent schedule. A chapter a month, rather than having a spurt of chapters every year+. That is way more of a humane work schedule and doesn't leave the fanbase hanging in the wind.

turmoil

Banned
We can't say anything if it is for his health problems.

Also, time to thank Oda for his commitment to OP again, 20 years without going insane.

Make this a 2 weeks long break!

caliph95

We can't say anything if it is for his health problems.

Also, time to thank Oda for his commitment to OP again, 20 years without going insane.

Make this a 2 weeks long break!
Don't think the sub can handle it

and yeah pretty sore Togashi have or had not sure spine problems that made it difficult to work

BatDan

Has Oda ever talked about a series after One Piece?

At most he probably plans to go the Toriyama route and only do short 11-12 chapter stories.

Then again, the creator of Kochikame spent 40 years on that series and still plans to do another manga. Who knows?

Top Bottom