• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I wish they knew how to punctuate sentences at least. So much rambling.
you don't like the posts lol :p that's on you buddy xP one piece community is the shit and i mean sanji will win this arc he's barely done anything he has to his leg was fire for the first time in ages

one_piece_signature_by_fustersiito-d4rz2nn.png

~Proud memeber of the Carrot Pirates~

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Gangsta Sanjiro

caliph95

Live action Gangster Puddino
I just realized/remember afrter the whole snek meme how fitting this is
Code:
[IMG]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/ea/d3/f5/ead3f5d678cf1f0a46caf38a7a7ddeaa.jpg[/IMG]

BM pirates destroy them .
Luffy took the bait but because he is MC he won't get a hole in his chest lol.
Also look like all those fights earlier on effect him not like it really matter .
Castle falling down so it going to be interesting to see what happens .
Also even BM call Kaido a thing that is of course if the translation right .

Dude, watching Luffy, sanji, and everyone down was really hard, but is understandable and realistic. There's no way they can take Big mom's crew and allies right now.

Still, i don't know if this arc will have some kind of climax involving some death. There are a few death flags raised, though.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's interesting how CP-0 are more an ongoing threat than an arc threat. In the background rather than the focus. I knew there was a reason Oda dedicated intro pages to the guests back when the party started. At least it looks like Stussy and Morgans are the more important ones.

That explosion though, that's a bit overkill Fishman Island. No wonder they were scared, Linlin might actually feel that.

Luffy is going to need a power up soon if he wants to take down Kaido the next arc

Perfect time for a new gear or awakening to power them up.
Still have no idea how luffy DF would be when it's awakened.

I still don't get CP0's purpose on the story. Hope we have some more Robin payback on Spandam.

Well there spies that get info and do\effect things in the background .
I rather like how Oda has them so far .
Showing that the WG have people all over the place doing stuff .

bjork

I don't know who, but I'm expecting someone else to be a traitor, that Bege had planted a long time ago but didn't tip off the SHs about. Not to necessarily kill BM, but to aid their escape.

caliph95

I don't know who, but I'm expecting someone else to be a traitor, that Bege had planted a long time ago but didn't tip off the SHs about. Not to necessarily kill BM, but to aid their escape.
Live action Gangster Puddino
I just realized/remember afrter the whole snek meme how fitting this is
Code:
[IMG]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/ea/d3/f5/ead3f5d678cf1f0a46caf38a7a7ddeaa.jpg[/IMG]

ffdgh

That treasure chest saved the day as expected. Only took a few years to finally happen.
KuGsj.gif

Didn't see that Stussy twist coming though.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I dunno, I was pretty happy with Big Mom's brief fights in this chapter. Proper clash with Luffy, a spear in the mouth from Judge, two men making unflinching full-power attacks with intent to defeat/kill her that she easily overpowered. I know you want the moon here Veelk but take what you can get.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
Amazing chapter, you really feel the threat of a Yonkou's power.
Big Mom shirking off a Gear 4th punch like it was nothing, bloody hell.
Seeing that panel of Katakuri holding up a defeated Ichiji just seconds after they initiated the fight was insane too.

I'm happy Big Mom will seemingly be a recurring villain. Her crew is interesting (Katakuri has one of my favourite designs in the series) and it'd have been a shame to have wasted them on a 50 chapter arc. We need build up for a Yonkou and that seems to have been Whole Cake Islands job which I'm more than happy with. I guess we'll be seeing their full power come Elbaf.

I assume the Tamatebako will be the diversion they need to escape. Oda really portrayed the damage it inflicted well, the explosion was massive.

I still don't get CP0's purpose on the story. Hope we have some more Robin payback on Spandam.

It is interesting and Oda does seem to be building up to something. My initial thought was they'd serve as powerful enemies for the Strawhats in the final war against the Marines. I feel Oda's comment on the last battle surpassing Marineford is one he's committed to, and is building up different characters so the conflict has that much more meaning.

It was cool seeing Whitebeard's allies, but it'd be even cooler if every character present in the last battle was someone we knew beforehand.

With Stussy's ties to the Underworld they may serve as the antagonists for an arc surrounding such a place too. Crocodile's due a comeback and I couldn't think of anywhere better he could pop up, plus the brokers have been foreshadowed for a while now. Either way I'm hyped to see what they're capable of.

Kreed

One Piece 871:

A little disappointed with the Tamatebako explosion. While it did end up saving the day here, it would have been a bigger pay off for Big Mom to open it/realize the gift was a bomb.

NSESN

Man, they were destroyed in mere seconds. And I loved BM thunder fisting Judge. I wonder if Veelk will be happy.

BTW, it basically confirms a Luffy vs BM showdown in Elbaf.

Veelk

Banned
I dunno, I was pretty happy with Big Mom's brief fights in this chapter. Proper clash with Luffy, a spear in the mouth from Judge, two men making unflinching full-power attacks with intent to defeat/kill her that she easily overpowered. I know you want the moon here Veelk but take what you can get.

One of those was a scrub the likes of which even Sanji wasn't threatened by, so who cares. But I do like that the battle didn't just happen offscreen, like the spoiler text implied.

Still, it's abundantly clear now we are never going to get a proper full female villain fight. It's better than what I expected from the spoilers, but I nevertheless have no faith in this manga anymore.

Top Bottom