• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

And there goes my dream of Big Mom with a soot-covered face and angry expression. I might photoshop it at some point at least.

CP0 is the ghost of the New World right now. They've been everywhere and it's building up to something.

Big Mom on Kaidou: "you'll never beat that thing." I got chills. Wano is going to be intense.

One Piece 871:

A little disappointed with the Tamatebako explosion. While it did end up saving the day here, it would have been a bigger pay off for Big Mom to open it/realize the gift was a bomb.

It really didn't feel like it got it's intended use in the story. Glad it went off though; 'bout time.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
One of those was a scrub the likes of which even Sanji wasn't threatened by, so who cares. But I do like that the battle didn't just happen offscreen, like the spoiler text implied.

Still, it's abundantly clear now we are never going to get a proper full female villain fight. It's better than what I expected from the spoilers, but I nevertheless have no faith in this manga anymore.

Nah, Luffy will fight her. He's promised it numerous times now. He's just not strong enough. It'll come.

daveo42

Banned
That Stussy/CP-0 reveal was real good. Surprised me me to see them pop up again here. As for the tamatebako, I guess it did do its job in shaking things up. Seems like the whole of the SHs alliance is vastly unprepared to deal with the likes of someone like Big Mom. I know they were there to get in and out asap, but the difference there still seems massive.

Judge's dialogue feels...weirdly translated. 300 years? Are the Vinsmokes an ancient race ala the three-eyed tribe?

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/chagrin

Scopper Gaban training for Luffy, Wano samurai training for Zoro (I've already predicted this), Marco training for everyone else.
Franky said he's building a new weapon when they were leaving zou, usopp can likely do the same.

Sanji raid suit?

Nami's weapon is missing the "magic wand" so maybe they figure that out.

Chopper I guess makes a new rumble ball(that would be pretty hype actually)

daveo42

Banned
They get their champion back who already ended the Wano arc

Also ganging up on Kido and Luffy delivering the final blow

Finally...another Moria-style boss battle with team attacks and hopefully, another Voltron panel with an unimpressed Robin gag.

caliph95

yep i don't see luffy taking him down one on one .
It will be like the don fight .
People tag up on him and luffy has to finish him off.
yeah i doubt there will be a power up and Luffy at most can take on Commander and maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe win he stands no chance against a yonko seing BM off screened and wasn't even sweating. Plus Law's 30% survival.It would be a huge jump for him to be able to fight Kaido even with awakening

I mean we already knew that luffy would need a power up and even have to team up vs Kaidou.
Kaidou destroy 3 supernova like nothing and i don't think luffy is way above them.
Now in this chapter BM took a attack that took Don both arms and haki to block and still hit him miles away like it was nothing .

If it wasn't clear enough they stood no chance in a direct fight, BM fucked a bunch a people without lube.
Lmao all with a big smile not a inch of it was trouble either

Thinking about it I wonder if that "one punch" was for a reason maybe he was gauging the gap or maybe it's luffy being a reckless fool you never know with the guy

Well there it is. Kaido is going to be the first Yonko taken down after all. I imagine the rematch will happen on Elbaf so things come full circle for Big Mom.

Wasn't expecting Stussy to be of any importance and especially not a part of CP0. I have a feeling they're going to be coming into play as the crew gets closer to Raftel.

Big Mom wasn't even fazed by Gear 4 Luffy. Every Strawhat member needs to get a lot stronger if they hope to take down any of these Yonko. The only way I see Kaido getting taken down is a team up, as others have said, of the Supernova.

Thinking about it I wonder if that "one punch" was for a reason maybe he was gauging the gap or maybe it's luffy being a reckless fool you never know with the guy

He was just being a fool like his brother and took the bait IMO.
But MC power protect him unlike Ace lol.

marmoka

Banned
I was worried this morning because the chapter was not coming out, and I loved it. It was worth waiting for this.

That CP0 reveal, and the Tamatebako explosion were surprises for me. I expected initially Big Mom opening the chest when all hope was lost for Strawhats and Bege pirates, and then BOOM!, but nope. Everything is unpredictable in this manga. Well done Oda!!

So this was a Big Mom introductory arc then. BM is a true monster! Looks like they all will try to escape, and the reverie will be sooner than we all thought. See you then in Elbaf Charlotte Linlin! I wonder if the Wano arc will be something like this, and final fight between Kaido and Luffy somewhere else later, or if he will defean Kaido there.

Where the hell is Pudding??? Do something! No matter if you kill Carrot but make an appearance for once!!

I was worried this morning because the chapter was not coming out, and I loved it. It was worth waiting for this.

That CP0 reveal, and the Tamatebako explosion were surprises for me. I expected initially Big Mom opening the chest when all hope was lost for Strawhats and Bege pirates, and then BOOM!, but nope. Everything is unpredictable in this manga. Well done Oda!!

So this was a Big Mom introductory arc then. BM is a true monster! Looks like they all will try to escape, and the reverie will be sooner than we all thought. See you then in Elbaf Charlotte Linlin! I wonder if the Wano arc will be something like this, and final fight between Kaido and Luffy somewhere else later, or if he will defean Kaido there.

Where the hell is Pudding??? Do something! No matter if you kill Carrot but make an appearance for once!!
Lol she can't even take out chopper and nami stop it. She'll save her beloved sanji

LotusHD

Banned
Yea, didn't get to see pics as usual, but it was worth the wait indeed.

This chapter summarized:

4d4.jpg

Just rekt'd, just everyone. Got. Rekt'd. Judge especially LOL. Best outcome, truly, Luffy will get his revenge one day in Elbaf or some shit. That said, it's very interesting that Luffy himself said he intends on taking down Kaido first. Big Mom also plays up the mystery of Kaido by calling him "that thing", intriguing.

Now I just worry about our dear Pudding.

Also lol (ignore the red outlines, or don't, w/e):

tumblr_inline_oqrv2bTXV71ubger6_540.jpg

Luffy was lucky against cracker this wasn't surprising

Also have we seen long range finger guns

Lucci could shoot fireballs in his Leopard form.

dan2026

Those Straw Hat boys are in a pickle this time.

I feel someone from the outside is going to help them escape. Even in the ruins of the castle I don't see how they can get away.

Kaidou really seems to be something else. If even Big Mom refuses to call him a human

I mean, none of the Yonko seem really human when you think about it. They all have ridiculous feats of power and strength.

Kaido is referred to as the world's strongest creature though. Maybe he isn't human and is a part of some unique species.

Kreed

It really didn't feel like it got it's intended use in the story. Glad it went off though; 'bout time.

Ultimately it makes "sense" for the Tamatebako to have blown up the base of the castle. That explosion probably wouldn't have done a thing to Big Mom damage wise, especially since Dogtooth would have seen it coming/told her not to open it. Still, I would have liked to have seen her expression once she realized what happened. Maybe Morgans will write about it in the paper.

I see a lot of people are anticipating a Big Mom rematch, but I'm still leaning towards Big Mom getting defeated by Black Beard. I can already imagine Black Beard reading Morgan's news article and going "Oh, she's not that tough if the Straw Hats wrecked her wedding and escaped alive".

Big One

Banned
Ultimately it makes "sense" for the Tamatebako to have blown up the base of the castle. That explosion probably wouldn't have done a thing to Big Mom damage wise, especially since Dogtooth would have seen it coming/told her not to open it. Still, I would have liked to have seen her expression once she realized what happened. Maybe Morgans will write about it in the paper.

I see a lot of people are anticipating a Big Mom rematch, but I'm still leaning towards Big Mom getting defeated by Black Beard. I can already imagine Black Beard reading Morgan's news article and going "Oh, she's not that tough if the Straw Hats wrecked her wedding and escaped alive".
Blackbeard is just gonna get wrecked if he tries that shit, though he'd probably have a better chance than Luffy does at the moment.

Even tho I'm team BB all day I still don't think he's ready for a yonkou vs yonkou crew battle

LotusHD

Banned
Blackbeard is just gonna get wrecked if he tries that shit, though he'd probably have a better chance than Luffy does at the moment.

She strong af even without her DF powers, so... good luck with that.

Also yea, wow, the box finally exploded. How many chapters did it take?

Blackbeard is the type of guy to show up after a battle has happened and pick up all the valuable shit that was left behind. With the exception of the Revolutionaires, Blackbeard has only shown up when there was a big enough distraction to let him squeeze by. I don't see him facing anyone directly anytime soon. He's biding his power.

marmoka

Banned
I read the chapter on my cell phone at work.

Did anyone see Carrot inside Bege? I could only see Jimbe, Nami, Chopper, big tongue guy,... But no Carrot?

traitor?

Reading at a cell phone of big screen is really different.

Big One

Banned
Blackbeard is just as much of an upstart as Luffy is, though he's slightly ahead of him.

I'm still theorizing what's gonna happen in Wano is that Luffy is going to find a way to wear down Kaidou to near-death, but Kaidou will come out on top and will still be going until Blackbeard shows up and executes him like he did with Whitebeard, taking his Devil Fruit power.

I don't see any of the current Yonko beating each other .
Maybe we will get BB vs Shanks even then that would be after luffy meets him again and we near the end game .
Right now it look like it would take to much manpower to beat one and would leave there self open to attack.
Fighting Kaidou taking loads of people and still going to be a hard fight .
We have SH , Minks , Law (expect other supernova to jump in ) , Samurai and they still need former WB crew members .
Think we also going to see the SHGF helping out also .

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

He was definitely gauging the gap.

Top Bottom