• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

A bunch of these children don't fight like Lola's twin or the babies. Even Pudding doesn't fight. The amount of chilfre that can fight should be about 20 at maximum.

Which is more than enough for the SH even more so if they don't get one on one fights .
Mind you for the children we have seen so far more of them are fighters than not .

EDIT i just check that she has 46 sons so unless most of them young \dead you can bet most of them are fighters .

Meanwhile Big Mom wants to build bridges, tragic.
tumblr_oha5358Vy41uxn2kyo1_500.gif

smurfx

get some go again
so will capone rework on his strategy to take down big mom if he manages to get out of this alive? or will he cut his losses and help luffy take down kaido? i hope he creates alliances to defeat big mom while luffy takes on kaido and later up teams up with luffy again to take on big mom. of course capone is going to turn on luffy at some point.

Is Snack dead? they said they used to be 4 then 3 and BM took revenge soooo

I was wondering about this. At first I thought Big Mom just cut him loose for failing her (which seems like it'd fit with how she treats her subordinates) but yeah, I think it's more likely that Urouge actually killed him.

YAWN

Ask me which Shakespeare novel is best
He wouldn't be using the air boots if he could fly with a devil fruit would he? I doubt it. This is pretty much it for the vinsmokes power wise. At best I'd put them above the weakling trio at least..

I think if Judge had DF he would have used it vs BM .
Plus even if he has one not certain it would be a flying one since he won't have needed a raid suit .

Yeah, thats true. Totally forgot about his raid suit's air boots. Still, I wonder why he earned such a name. I wonder how the Vinsmokes role in the story will proceed now too. Will they even be allowed to attend the Reverie after having made an alliance with Big Mom?
I just can't see them joining the Strawhat Grand Fleet. They're still dicks, and Judge wouldn't want to bow to someone like Luffy.

As for power, I still reckon Ichiji is at least Sanji level. Can't blame the man for being smacked down by Katakuri, he's a monster. Yonji and Judge seem meh, and Reiju and Niji might be Franky-ish level. Even though they were decimated, I doubt it would have been much different if the Strawhats were there in their place.

As for the colour page next issue, my guess would be a culmination of scenes from the series to show how far we've come. As long as we get to see Robin I'm good.

so will capone rework on his strategy to take down big mom if he manages to get out of this alive? or will he cut his losses and help luffy take down kaido? i hope he creates alliances to defeat big mom while luffy takes on kaido and later up teams up with luffy again to take on big mom. of course capone is going to turn on luffy at some point.

Capone's been such an awesome character. I've been pleasantly surprised by him. I hope Oda is planning on giving all the Supernova screentime like this. I assume they'll take center stage at Wano, and we'll get juicy info on Kidd, Hawkins, Apoo, and Drake. I think Kidd himself will get an arc similar to Law down the road to flesh him out. He's seemingly got beef with Shanks so I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up joining Blackbeard and taking him out. If that's the case I reckon Capone might want in on that action too. He just wants to topple power and watch the madness ensue. It'd be a great way to showcase the different motives of the worst generation and the conflicts that could arise from it.

As for Capones next move, I could see him joining the fight against Kaidou to, again, create havoc. Though he might cut his losses after Big Mom and settle down being a family man. He has shown compassion for his family this arc. Still, I see Wano as a Supernova gathering of sorts, and I'd like to see Big Father properly in action.

While on the subject of Kidd, do you guys find it odd he's got red hair and is missing an arm? Somethings telling he's Shank's long lost bastard and that's where his problem lies. Random theory, I know. But the parallels are interesting.

Yeah, it seems clear that Big Mom vs. Luffy will take place after Wano. The question seems to be where will that battle happen. I can think of two possibilities:

1. Elbaf. It seems to be the most popular theory, after the flashbacks, and it seems to be the only way (that we can imagine right now) to provide an Elbaf arc with a villain. But why would Big Mom go there...? That's why I think it's most likely that the fight will take place in...

2. Fishman Island (or its surroudings). The Tamatebako exploded, the Straw Hats are fleeing. Big Mom is pissed off, and someone's gotta pay. Luffy declared Fishman Island as his turf, so I think it's likely Big Mom will retaliate by attacking it, perhaps fulfilling the prophecy regarding Fishman Island's destruction.

What do you guys think?

Yeah, it seems clear that Big Mom vs. Luffy will take place after Wano. The question seems to be where will that battle happen. I can think of two possibilities:

1. Elbaf. It seems to be the most popular theory, after the flashbacks, and it seems to be the only way (that we can imagine right now) to provide an Elbaf arc with a villain. But why would Big Mom go there...? That's why I think it's most likely that the fight will take place in...

2. Fishman Island (or its surroudings). The Tamatebako exploded, the Straw Hats are fleeing. Big Mom is pissed off, and someone's gotta pay. Luffy declared Fishman Island as his turf, so I think it's likely Big Mom will retaliate by attacking it, perhaps fulfilling the prophecy regarding Fishman Island's destruction.

What do you guys think?

I feel like Big Mom is going to chase the Strawhats throughout the New World. It would make sense for her to chase them to Elbaf then go back to Fishman Island although that prophecy still does need to be fulfilled as you've said.

smurfx

get some go again
so blackbeard is definitely going to start his campaign against shanks soon right? if luffy is going to defeat both kaido and big mom then blackbeard is likely going to take down shanks so they can be even.

NSESN

Big Mom vs Luffy will be in Elbaf, It should be where the last Red Ponelglyph is too.

so blackbeard is definitely going to start his campaign against shanks soon right? if luffy is going to defeat both kaido and big mom then blackbeard is likely going to take down shanks so they can be even.

He is still fighting the revolutionaries no?

Ogodei

I still don't know how they would possibly get all the way back to Fishman Island. It would be a massive distraction.

Ray Down

Banned
He will stay around to help fight Big Mom but I doubt he will do much.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I still don't know how they would possibly get all the way back to Fishman Island. It would be a massive distraction.
It's right near a major Marine stronghold. Luffy needs to destroy it too.

My guess is that the series might go there AFTER Luffy reaches Raftel. Lately, I'm getting the inkling that getting to the One Piece itself won't be the end of the series, and will have some world shattering revelation along with it that prompts the Straw Hats into action.

smurfx

get some go again
He will stay around to help fight Big Mom but I doubt he will do much.
he's good enough to take down one of big mom's sons or daughters. just him being on luffy's side will be a big help to him once he's at full power and maybe has law and the other people in his alliance with him. hell if luffy was at full power now with his alliance members they would stand a good chance at beating big mom right now. although luffy does need a power up since gear 4th didn't really phase big mom all that much. hopefully by the time luffy meets kaido and big mom he will have awoken his fruit and learned a new gear.

Ray Down

Banned

My guess is that the series might go there AFTER Luffy reaches Raftel. Lately, I'm getting the inkling that getting to the One Piece itself won't be the end of the series, and will have some world shattering revelation along with it that prompts the Straw Hats into action.
Yeah the series will most likely continue after Raftel and take the fight to Admirals and Cestial Dragons.

Then months of epilogue to end the series.

Yup I'm positive Raftel isn't the last arc.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Whitebeard already foreshadowed that a massive war would engulf the world when One Piece is found, one that would make Marineford look like a skirmish.

LotusHD

Banned
Can only hope such a large war doesn't end up boring us, considering how the last 2-3 war (Naruto, Fairy Tail, Bleach sort of?) arcs. That said, it's Oda, and things can't possibly sink to those levels of BS and boredom, but still...

caliph95

Can only hope such a large war doesn't end up boring us, considering how the last 2-3 war (Naruto, Fairy Tail, Bleach sort of?) arcs. That said, it's Oda, and things can't possibly sink to those levels of BS and boredom, but still...
All three were as a result in the final arc all the problems accumulating into one arc

smurfx

get some go again
should be much better than marineford since oda will no longer have to hold back people's powers and let them fight at full strength.

NSESN

All three of them were bad because the series was or became bad

I was actually surprised the final chapters of Naruto had some quality in it yet after all of that mess. The chapters after Kaguya at least were good enough to give "it finished at least" vibe instead of "that's it?" vibe. From what I have heard Bleach wasnt't so lucky.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Why? Luffy has never made a point to go around destroying Marine strongholds or bases
No I meant Fishman Island, because of the prophecy. He could end up going back that way not because Fishman Island is there, but because Mariejois is, destroying Fishman in whatever ensues there.

caliph95

I was actually surprised the final chapters of Naruto had some quality in it yet after all of that mess. The chapters after Kaguya at least were good enough to give "it finished at least" vibe instead of "that's it?" vibe. From what I have heard Bleach wasnt't so lucky.
You can tell Jump got tired of waiting for Kubo and pulled the plug and kubo started scrambling not that it was quality before.

SolVanderlyn

The war arc was the only truly bad part of the series imo, and it lasted forever too. So it wasn't surprising to see the quality return after it was over. Thankfully the dud arc came at the end and didn't tank the series, so it actually got to end on a good note

NSESN

The war arc was the only truly bad part of the series imo, and it lasted forever too. So it wasn't surprising to see the quality return after it was over. Thankfully the dud arc came at the end and didn't tank the series, so it actually got to end on a good note

Yeah. Naruto wasn't the best but it never fell so low as Bleach.

LotusHD

Banned
All three were as a result in the final arc all the problems accumulating into one arc

True...

should be much better than marineford since oda will no longer have to hold back people's powers and let them fight at full strength.

Also true.

Naruto's War arc problem has nothing to do with it being a war arc.

Also true...

All three of them were bad because the series was or became bad

I'm hip, I'm just saying in the sense of this presumably juggling a lot more characters, how will it go.

NSESN

A good thing about OP is that Oda isn't shy of revealing secrets in random episodes, so it will be much easier to have a final without a thousand secrets and plot points needing to be solved.

LotusHD

Banned
A good thing about OP is that Oda isn't shy of revealing secrets in random episodes, so it will be much easier to have a final without a thousand secrets and plot points needing to be solved.

Wonder who will actually make it to the war...

I also wonder if the war is where the alliance presumably makes their mark on the world. I assume as much, but yea, ya never know with Oda.

---

Screw Fairy Tail.

Jay RaR

Wonder who will actually make it to the war...

I also wonder if the war is where the alliance presumably makes their mark on the world. I assume as much, but yea, ya never know with Oda.

---

Screw Fairy Tail.

When the going gets rough, Luffy will always pull through with the power of friendship.
/s

SolVanderlyn

The Yonko can't possibly be saved until the final arc could they?
Kaido is going down in Wano for sure. Big Mom probably right after.

I really hope Oda doesn't go the obvious Shanks will die route. But Luffy obviously doesn't have to deal with him either way.

Blackbeard will be final arc material for sure though.

NSESN

I really hope Oda doesn't go the obvious Shanks will die route. But Luffy obviously doesn't have to deal with him either way.

I think BB is in the climax, but the final arc will be against the WG.

smurfx

get some go again

shanks doesn't necessarily have to die but i do think his crew will be killed off by blackbeards crew. if we find out soon that shanks has the missing road poneglyph then you can be sure he will get taken out by blackbeard. although i'm wondering how blackbeard will end up getting the info on the poneglyph at zou. not like he can read it either so i'm starting to think he will either kidnap robin or perhaps will end up getting his hands on pudding if she awakens her powers soon. i think pudding will be joining blackbeard either willingly or against her will after luffy takes out big mom. after that he only needs to get his hands on either duke or nekomamushi and have pudding extract the information on the road poneglyph and location from them. luffy will probably take kaido's road poneglyph and blackbeard might get big mom's road poneglyph and that will create a situation where luffy and blackbeard must clash so luffy can get shanks road poneglyph and blackbeard can get kaido's road poneglyph.

Top Bottom