• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

JPocu2J.jpg

Veelk

Banned
@bold: Some people respond better to something concise, though.

How people respond is up to them, but my concern is to accurately describe my position on things. I may be wordy, but I don't write fluff. I try to make what I write meaningful and informative. Whether it's concise or lengthy is just an after the fact matter.

@italics: this is personal opinion. Some things can just exist for the sake of existing. Does that count as a purpose?

Well...no, not really.

First off, fanservice has an explicit purpoes written into it's very name. It's purpose is to service the fans. So if you're feeling well serviced, that's the part that's your personal opinion, and mine to disagree with, but not a denial of the purpose of fanservice itself.

However, when I said it should be purposeful, I meant in relation to characterization, as I described in my example. I can name plenty of other examples that show fanservice that also characterize characters in some way. That's what makes good fanservice, I'd say.

And yeah, you can take the "Well, like, that's just your opinion, man" route if you want, but that's what this discussion board is for, so...

Then again this is coming from a guy who may as well have the longest ignore list on gaf.

Because you ignore a lot of people or that a lot of people ignore you?

Chase17

I should have known a chapter called "You Can Do It Caesar" would be good.

Hope Big Mom's can be a little more interesting next time around (Katakuri is pretty cool though). Interested to see how the getaway ends up playing out.

Those Morgans panels were tense. What a ride! Where does Morgans go from here? I need to know.

I should have known a chapter called "You Can Do It Caesar" would be good.

Hope Big Mom's can be a little more interesting next time around (Katakuri is pretty cool though). Interested to see how the getaway ends up playing out.

Those Morgans panels were tense. What a ride! Where does Morgans go from here? I need to know.
He'll obviously write his next Big news scoop as soon as he gets home. The next time we see a newspaper will be interesting that's for sure

Ray Down

Banned
Hey so I might be going back to Pudding soon enough.

Depends on if she will be in the spoilers tomorrow if she returns sooner rather than later.

NSESN

Hey so I might be going back to Pudding soon enough.

Depends on if she will be in the spoilers tomorrow if she returns sooner rather than later.

Good. After I changed mine yesterday this thread was suffering from a severe case of lack of Pudding.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Honestly I think Koala is my fav revo so far. Fishman Karate practicing human is a really cool concept, and a girl who's a physical fighter in One Piece is really rare

Zeppu

Early spoilers.

Chapter title: "Fluffy and Gooey" (Raw title とろふわ is a Japanese onomatopoeia. It is one of the lyrics Streusen sang several chapters ago.)
The castle is collapsing.
Bege and the others make use of the confusion and disorder that ensues and sand proceed with their escape plan.
Bege thinks that there is no need for the assassination plan anymore.
He thinks that they will all die in as the castle collapse.
But Struesen uses his ability and saves everyone from the debris.
Luffy and Bege pray for luck and head each to their own ship.
Some usual thing happen to Big Mom.
Not having eaten the wedding cake she begins to show symptoms of her eating illness
(Basically her illness kicks in and she will probably go nuts)

We should get an early chapter this week too.

LotusHD

Banned
Lmao people are gonna be salty af if this is more or less how the arc actually ends. Or more accurately, if this is the last time Luffy and co. directly confront the BM pirates this arc.

If that is the case, I'm fine with it, I wanted an outcome where Big Mom comes out showing people what a Yonko is all about, while Luffy on the other hand doesn't pull any BS that's even remotely reminiscent of Fairy Tail. That said, I'm a bit disappointed that Sanji never got any big fight, or more importantly,
a new move to show off.

Ray Down

Banned
Lmao people are gonna be salty af if this is more or less how the arc actually ends. Or more accurately, if this is the last time Luffy and co. directly confront the BM pirates this arc.

If that is the case, I'm fine with it, I wanted an outcome where Big Mom comes out showing people what a Yonko is all about, while Luffy on the other hand doesn't pull any BS that's even remotely reminiscent of Fairy Tail. That said, I'm a bit disappointed that Sanji never got any big fight, or more importantly,
a new move to show off.

They aren't leaving just like that.

Ray Down

Banned
People really hating on my argument on what will happen next.

Some guy calling me a keyboard warrior for making such a thing and my "lack" of understanding on OP.

Tried to make a 3 week ban bet with him, but the mods won't let it happen.

caliph95

What they do now, or is it just good ol' bitching about spoilers
They weren't receptive to Ray's Pudding fan theories.

What is about the spoilers that cause the drama
People really hating on my argument on what will happen next.

Some guy calling me a keyboard warrior for making such a thing and my "lack" of understanding on OP.

Tried to make a 3 week ban bet with him, but the mods won't let it happen.
I think i know what you are talking about since i occasionally lurk

Top Bottom