• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Only during the event though, then it dries up. Not to mention the possibility of cola and other items. :(

But yeah, the evolved pigs are great. Nice to have a secondary source of XP, especially with differing colors.

If you don't mind setting the GPS location to somewhere near me, we can give it a try.

Alright, PM me your GPS and I'll give it a shot.

Dandte

So... What does this Treasure chests mean? Some are normal, some are silver and and some are Gold.
sNIstV8.jpg

chrono01

So... What does this Treasure chests mean? Some are normal, some are silver and and some are Gold.
I'm guessing the more intricate, the better the loot? Not sure, haven't done any myself.

This would be so much easier without the 5km restriction. :/

Tried it twice. A normal chest gave me 500 FP and the silver one 10k beli so I'm guessing the goodies are in the gold chests (probably just a higher chance to get good stuff).

chrono01

It worked! \o/

I only got 10,000 Beli, though. :/

I'll send you the location, Ferga. Sorry, it needs to be specific to somewhere near me since I'm on iOS. :(

chrono01

Same. I wonder what determines what color chest someone has and if it's the same for everyone.

For example, Xcution has a silver chest for me on my Friends list, does this match anyone else?
It matches for me.

Myself and Ferga are gold, so we'll see what we get. Just let me know when you've added the location and we'll decide on a time to initiate the break.

chrono01

Nice, three treasure keys, thanks Ferga! :)

But yeah, Google Maps can show you the GPS location for anything. I just picked a mall near me that was within the 5km radius of where I am.

chrono01

Did you get three treasure keys too, Ferga? Trying to see if the treasure between the two are always identical.

Edit: Never mind, saw your post. Great news!

I edited the barrel-breaking Google Doc with the coordinates used for myself, Ferga, and Zeke. It seems to work well, assuming you're on Android and can actually fake them [not like me being on iOS]. Ideally, it would probably be nice to pair one iOS user with four other Android users per group [using a GPS location near the iOS user], so the Android users can fake the location using the various apps and the iOS user can simply get it to work by being close to the location naturally. It'll take some arranging, that's for sure. :/

I'm not sure I like this predetermined chest rarity. Make me feel bad if I can't reciprocate gold chest people with gold chests!

Did you get three treasure keys too, Ferga? Trying to see if the treasure between the two are always identical.

I got 3 from Ferga as well! But this is kinda weird because you were just a regular chest on my screen. Maybe the reward is determined by the person with the highest chest level if the rewards are both the same?

RalchAC

If you wanna make sure to get Mihawk you should start farming lvl 5 Laboon now - there are still couple of days left. With him and a high lvl Friend Vivi as well as your best Force subs you can take on the 40 stamina dungeon for a guaranteed Mihawk. The battle against Mihawk might take more than 30 minutes and its likely that you will have to spend a couple of devil fruits on the mob stages before Mihawk - but thats worth the price for one of the best units in the game.

Yeah, that should be the best option. I don't have the patience for Zombie party so I didn't even thought about it.

Only during the event though, then it dries up. Not to mention the possibility of cola and other items. :(

But yeah, the evolved pigs are great. Nice to have a secondary source of XP, especially with differing colors.

If you don't mind setting the GPS location to somewhere near me, we can give it a try.

It's 3 keys everyday during the event? I thoguht I would get those once in order to test it.

We'll see tomorrow.

It worked! \o/

I only got 10,000 Beli, though. :/

I'll send you the location, Ferga. Sorry, it needs to be specific to somewhere near me since I'm on iOS. :(

Ok, I've done some slight changes. Now there is an "OS?" and an "if iOS: Jailbroken?" tabs. It's be wiser to try to avoid many iOS users together and all that.

Keep updating your chest stories! My group will give it a try tonight :)

I want to know how many colas they give. 5 would be a quite cool number. Especially because the Sanji book hunting means I haven't got any cola in days.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Should decide on a general meeting point besides the groups ? Im in EU group 1 for my main account but i have a 2nd account that i can use with other people as well.

Ferga

I'm not sure I like this predetermined chest rarity. Make me feel bad if I can't reciprocate gold chest people with gold chests!

I got 3 from Ferga as well! But this is kinda weird because you were just a regular chest on my screen. Maybe the reward is determined by the person with the highest chest level if the rewards are both the same?

I got 500FP with our one. So I guess, rewards aren't the same

Does anyone else want to do it with me?

chrono01

It could be. I'm not sure, I saw a normal chest go across my screen too when I connected with Ferga, and yet we both received a gold chest drop.

It's 3 keys everyday during the event? I thoguht I would get those once in order to test it.

We'll see tomorrow.

Ok, I've done some slight changes. Now there is an "OS?" and an "if iOS: Jailbroken?" tabs. It's be wiser to try to avoid many iOS users together and all that.

Keep updating your chest stories! My group will give it a try tonight :)

I want to know how many colas they give. 5 would be a quite cool number. Especially because the Sanji book hunting means I haven't got any cola in days.
It could be just for the first day, you're right. That would make more sense.

Thanks for updating the Google Doc further, BTW. It's appreciated.

I just got 3 keys from a gold chest as well, hmm.
I'm starting to think:

Gold Chest = Keys
Silver Chest = Cola
Bronze Chest = Beli/Turtles?

Edit: I just saw Ferga's latest post. I guess they're not identical drops after all. SO MUCH CONFUSION!

chrono01

Can someone link me the GPS google doc? I hadn't bookmarked it when I last saw it.
Just quote this post. The URL is near the bottom [in case you don't know, click the arrow to go to the actual post and quote that instead of what's already been quoted below].

Okay guys. Since that barrel breaking thing is going to launch soon and trying to arrange an hour with other 4 people can be a nightmare, I've decided to make a spreadsheet in order to make our lives easier!

The idea is quite simple.

- 3 different books, one for each region (EU + Africa, America, Asia + Oceania). You choose a group and add your info (GAF and TC IDs + timezone).
- Once the group is complete, one of you sends a MP to the other 4 to arrange stuff.
- ??
- Profit!

Let's see if the idea succeeds or is an absolute disaster lol. I've used email tags, quote to reveal and tell me if you think is a good idea, if it isn't, and what could be improved :)

do we have a date for Mihawk or not? it's late April, yes, but when exactly?
Not yet. :(

chrono01

Alright it looks like the box color changes daily and prizes are like this:

http://crewsader.tumblr.com/post/116985214812/one-piece-treasure-cruise-how-to-get-keys
Very nice, thanks for this.

The fact that the chests change daily, having a set static group might be troublesome. It could be one of those things where you need to give out the information/time things on a day-to-day basis. That could be painful, assuming you want to get the most out of each chest, that is.

It's a lot easier for Android users, not so much for us on iOS.

Edit - Oh, nevermind. There's a set pattern to the chests and when they change, that makes it more manageable. We can still form groups [four Android, one iOS with a set GPS location near the iOS user], but you might not get all of the chests done in a day. It'll depend on the current state of the chest and what rank it's at. If it's normal/silver, we can simply wait until it turns gold.

RalchAC

do we have a date for Mihawk or not? it's late April, yes, but when exactly?

My bet is 2-3 days after the STR event starts :p

They'll tempt people to spend gems for 3rd Gear Luffy / Blamenco. I'm not going to spend more gems until the first (or second) Supernova batch.

Knowing how they're pushing the Gacha units them they may add all the Supernovas in the same batch next week or something :p

Very nice, thanks for this.

The fact that the chests change daily, having a set static group might be troublesome. It could be one of those things where you need to give out the information/time things on a day-to-day basis. That could be painful, assuming you want to get the most out of each chest, that is.

Damn, that's not as cool as I thought lol.

I really wish there was a way to see what color your own chest was, that way people would be able to pair up based on what days they both have gold chests just so everyone can get the optimal items.

We need to crack the chest color code so we can organize our groups that way!

Majukun

so,xplains to me how this friendship things works ,like I'm five..because i didn't understand the whole chest thing how dos it work

nyway..guys in my group,add me and then pm me

chrono01

Damn, that's not as cool as I thought lol.
It's not as bad as I thought.

If someone in your group is at normal/silver, just wait a day/two for it to turn gold before you initiate the barrel-breaking. I thought it was always random, but it's not [thankfully].

I have an iOS device that isn't jail broken too. I know the blog lists an app from the German app store that changes your location. Not sure if it's in the US app store.

Hopefully I'll be able to figure something out here.

Majukun

so,for gaffers who want to know their own chest

xcution is silver
chrono pirates are normal
gooch pirates are normal
xrokis@gaf is normal
heng is normal
storm pirates normal
jayhawk is silver

that's it..if you don't have the @gaf nickname but you have me as friend just tell me your nickname

EDIT: so ..the colors rotate from normal>silver>gold>normal...

we have lot of normals here,they should be on their own group...only two silvers though..
i dn't know what my chest is

cw_sasuke

Waiting for gold chests sounds like too much effort because you would have to wait for both users to have a gold chest at the same time...hmm...doesnt sound too likely.

chrono01

Mine will be gold in two days! JUST YOU WAIT!

Waiting for gold chests sounds like too much effort because you would have to wait for both users to have a gold chest at the same time...hmm...doesnt sound too likely.
But yeah, you're right. It's just very...convoluted, especially when playing over vast distances. It might be best to just ignore the type of chest and simply hope for the best.

Also, your chest is bronze/normal, Majukun. Your secondary is bronze/normal too.

Majukun

that0s why we need to re-arrange the groups with as much common chests as possible..since they rotate and they are not random..
so all the normal in one group,all the silver in one,all the gold in another

even though at the moment i have identified lots of normals and few silver and gold

anybod can't tell me what my chest is?

chrono01

anybod can't tell me what my chest is?
Bronze/Normal on your primary/secondary accounts.

But yeah, grouping all similar-styled chests at the start of each week/reset sounds like the best idea. Then try to arrange things from there [four Android, one iOS].

Headaches incoming.

Majukun

ok..so we have

NORMAL

giveaway (majukun second account)
maju pirates
chrono pirates
gooch pirates
xrokis@gaf
heng
storm pirates

SILVER:
jayhawk
xcution

7 normals and 2 silver fr now...let's wait for the other gaffers to be added so that we can organize groups ...if you have as friends gaffers who are not already on the list,please post their chest

Okay, so Rosalina, FreemiumBounty, Burritos, Ferga, Wheyniel, Bjork, and Kuma all have gold chests today.

If you compare their Friend IDs they all have a 4 in the X place where X is 000,00X,000.

Xcution, meph, Zero_IYAD, Steam Winds, and Korial all have silver chests all have a 3 in the X place.

So if this holds to a pattern 4s have golds on Tuesdays and 3s have Silver. We'll just have to keep track of this for the rest of the week and then we can organize the groups that way.

cw_sasuke

Oh that sounds right - my 2nd Account also has a Gold Chest today and its 6th ID digit is 4 as well.

If anyone is interested add my 2nd as well /quote

chrono01

Okay, so Rosalina, FreemiumBounty, Burritos, Ferga, Wheyniel, Bjork, and Kuma all have gold chests today.

If you compare their Friend IDs they all have a 4 in the X place where X is 000,00X,000.

Xcution, meph, Zero_IYAD, Steam Winds, and Korial all have silver chests all have a 3 in the X place.

So if this holds to a pattern 4s have golds on Tuesdays and 3s have Silver. We'll just have to keep track of this for the rest of the week and then we can organize the groups that way.
Wow, great find. We can plan groups based on this, since if the sixth digit determines your color, we can group all of those together and then delay the day [if needed] until they hit gold status.

My sixth digit is 5, and I'm stuck with a bronze/normal chest for the day. So, if the pattern holds the same for next week [and the color doesn't randomly change to something else] that makes Thursday "gold chest" day for me [and, presumably, others with 5 as their sixth digit]. However, it's entirely possible that next week I could get hit with gold on a Tuesday [they do change the times for Turtle Time, after all], but we can still group all of the same sixth digit people together, since they should always share the same color.

Maybe try to arrange groups based on their sixth digit, as well as including four Android users and a single iOS user [GPS set to a location within 5km of them], as much as we can?

Majukun

GOLD (4,X)
Rosalina
FreemiumBounty
Burritos
Ferga
Wheyniel
Bjork
Kuma
cw sasuke second account

SILVER(3,X)
Xcution
meph
Zero_IYAD
Steam Winds
Koria
jayhawk
tidd

NORMAL (5,X)
giveaway (majukun second account)
maju pirates
chrono pirates
gooch pirates
xrokis@gaf
heng
storm pirates

8 gold,7 silver,7 bronze for now

on the iside i put the 6th digit for every category

UPDATED WITH TIDD

Tidd

I guess we need to reshuffle the groups for the best outcome. Maybe we should also mention whether we use android or ios for a optimal group.
Mine's silver and my 6th digit is a 3. (android)

Hana-Bi

So, how often can you do this friend thing? Once every day or once every week?

My 6th digit is a 5. But I'm on iOS. Have to check out the German app that was mentioned before...

Was busy lately, so i'm not how it'll work. I've got fake gps app. Can anyone play this thing with me? It needs to be done at same time, right?

Top Bottom