• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Majukun

I fucking hate the shooter in the 6/7 battle in elite bagy... If you can't kill him before he attacks, he can literally one shot you...

Talking about that.. There's a way to decide in what order to attack the enemies? In manual it let's you choose the first, but you can't choose the next one

Yaari

Good luck. It's worth waiting for a gatcha-exclusive if you're serious about the game and plan to remain non-IAP for as long as possible.

Nico Robin will be added on the 24th, so at least you'll have an additional gatcha-only character to go after [of course, this means other units also being added which will dilute the pool even more...].

Cool. Is she good? What interested me about the Ace is his high attack that remains relevant for a long time. Either way, it definitely won't hurt to have some variety in there haha.

Yeah I don't plan on going IAP. Too much spend between other games already. That said, that's always the plan, does not work out quite that way most often.. lol.

chrono01

I fucking hate the shooter in the 6/7 battle in elite bagy... If you can't kill him before he attacks, he can literally one shot you...

Talking about that.. There's a way to decide in what order to attack the enemies? In manual it let's you choose the first, but you can't choose the next one
Are you talking about the crossbow guy in front? Yeah, I always target him first and, if I don't mess up the timing, can kill him before the third round. Still scary though.

As for targeting your second enemy, I agree. That'd be nice, as I've tried many things and nothing has seemed to work. You could always target during your attack, but doing so can oftentimes mess up your combo. :/

Cool. Is she good? What interested me about the Ace is his high attack that remains relevant for a long time. Either way, it definitely won't hurt to have some variety in there haha.

Yeah I don't plan on going IAP. Too much spend between other games already. That said, that's always the plan, does not work out quite that way most often.. lol.
She's one of the best characters you can use for an INT team. I'd love to have her, despite only having Buggy/Nami as my INT members, but I'm saving for Boa Hancock. <3

But yeah, I really lucked out with Ace. It helps that he is who he is [if you know One Piece you know how important he is], but Shanks is a great pull too.

Yeah you can. You just click on who you want to attack. The issue is that it can mess up your combo.

Majukun

Is it possible to share the same profile other two different devices? Or once you 'change decice' you can't use the game in the previous one?

chrono01

Is it possible to share the same profile other two different devices? Or once you 'change decice' you can't use the game in the previous one?
It's the latter. Once you transfer the game to another device you won't be able to play it on the former one.

I know, I wish for an account-based system too. It makes me worried that I'll lose my phone [or it ceases to function] and I lose all of my progress.

Not sure if you read our discussion about that guy earlier, but if you missed he're how to make sure that you'll be able to defeat him under two turns BEFORE going into battle.

First I'll explain what combos are. Each character has a "combo" value, which corresponds to how many "hits" a character can do per turn. For example, here's my team:

SQVeItd.jpg

So Vivi can hit 5 times, Usopp 6 times and so on. My whole team combined can hit a maximum of 25 hits per turn.

The maximum number of hits can be achieved if you either get a perfect or you miss since in both cases the character gets to finish their attack animation. Great will give you (combo - 1) and good (combo - 2) or less.

Alright now let's go back to the one-shot guy from elite buggy 6/7. This guy has a pretty high defense so every hit will only do 1 damage to him. The good news is that he only has 54 HP. In order to kill him in two turns, you need to be able to deal at least 27 damage per turn.

So the strategy is as follows:
  1. Make sure the sum of the "combo" values of your team + friend is at least 27
  2. Don't try to combo him (miss on purpose), let every character finish their hits before tapping the next one. You might want to practice your timing as waiting too long will end your turn.
  3. Use the same strategy on the crab
  4. ????
  5. Profit

I hope this helps. :)

Rurunaki

But yeah, I really lucked out with Ace. It helps that he is who he is [if you know One Piece you know how important he is], but Shanks is a great pull too.

IMO Shanks is a better pull than Ace just because of him being a Yonkou and with how the story goes for Ace. All in all, it all depends on which of the top tier captain you have that's important (Zeff and Arlong).

Majukun

Not sure if you read our discussion about that guy earlier, but if you missed he're how to make sure that you'll be able to defeat him under two turns BEFORE going into battle.

First I'll explain what combos are. Each character has a "combo" value, which corresponds to how many "hits" a character can do per turn. For example, here's my team:

So Vivi can hit 5 times, Usopp 6 times and so on. My whole team combined can hit a maximum of 25 hits per turn.

The maximum number of hits can be achieved if you either get a perfect or you miss since in both cases the character gets to finish their attack animation. Great will give you (combo - 1) and good (combo - 2) or less.

Alright now let's go back to the one-shot guy from elite buggy 6/7. This guy has a pretty high defense so every hit will only do 1 damage to him. The good news is that he only has 54 HP. In order to kill him in two turns, you need to be able to deal at least 27 damage per turn.

So the strategy is as follows:
  1. Make sure the sum of the "combo" values of your team + friend is at least 27
  2. Don't try to combo him (miss on purpose), let every character finish their hits before tapping the next one. You might want to practice your timing as waiting too long will end your turn.
  3. Use the same strategy on the crab
  4. ????
  5. Profit

I hope this helps. :)
Wait.. If I miss I do the same damage as a perfect?

RalchAC

Zeff is totes worth the hype y'all. All my characters are around level 15 in my zeff team and yet I am doing 20K+ damage and the end of each turn. He's awesome. The only thing lacking right now is exp fodders and enough Zeff friends. More people need to jump onto Zeff hype train and acquire one asap.

More people would jump in the Zeff hype train if he wasn't so hard to get.

Damn.

Problem with Shanks right now is there's not enough PSY to make him good. Sure he has God Ussop but Vivi is also a Gatcha rare. It's hard to fill up his team at the moment.

It'll be Zeff, Ace, Arlong possibly Zoro team meta for a while.

Well you can always use one of those dragons. They have 500 Attack / Health which isn't too bad.

You mean Asura Zoro, right?

What are you doing in order to be able to level him up eficiently? There aren't green turtles and I don't know what's the best place to farm fodder characters.

Yeah, he's a great unit with high stats, especially if you're building a QCK team like I am.

I have him and Tashigi, but I don't have a leader that I can use for those two :(

KumaJG

IMO Shanks is a better pull than Ace just because of him being a Yonkou and with how the story goes for Ace. All in all, it all depends on which of the top tier captain you have that's important (Zeff and Arlong).

Ace is the better pull. You can get better QCK characters(Sanji,Kuro and Taishigi)than you can Heart characters.

For Zoro I did a stupid mistake and went with the crab evolution, which requires 400k EXP instead of 200k. You only need 14 purple turtles from Buggy Elite to evolve the non-crab one to Asura Zoro.

Edit: Shanks will lose his spot as the PSY Team leader to a farmable Garp (event) while Ace is still the best QCK Captain in the JP version. That's why two weeks later I'm still re-rolling for Ace with no luck (plus Ace is one of my favorite OP characters).

Majukun

For Zoro I did a stupid mistake and went with the crab evolution, which requires 400k EXP instead of 200k. You only need 14 purple turtles from Buggy Elite to evolve the non-turtle one to Asura Zoro.
You also need a pirate penguin to evolve the non crab one, so you didn't make a mistake imho

So is there a list of events that are gonna be coming up somewhere? Like the Buggy thing. Cause if they're gonna do like arlong or don krieg I'd rather farm one or the other right now and wait until then to grab the other.

Also is there any idea when the pirate penguins are added? I evolved Zoro without paying attention and need one to evolve him to his final form.

Majukun

So is there a list of events that are gonna be coming up somewhere? Like the Buggy thing. Cause if they're gonna do like arlong or don krieg I'd rather farm one or the other right now and wait until then to grab the other.

Also is there any idea when the pirate penguins are added? I evolved Zoro without paying attention and need one to evolve him to his final form.
An arlong one will come in the future for what I know.
No zeff event though

An arlong one will come in the future for what I know.
No zeff event though

Sweet, as much as Zeff would be nice to have I just want Arlong to keep until I can build my INT team up. I've got plenty of slashers who would fit well but I really like the INT teams that I've seen, and Arlong would just be dope so I can use my Kuro since he doesn't fit with my current team too well.

You also need a pirate penguin to evolve the non crab one, so you didn't make a mistake imho

They should come soon enough and no one needs to have Zoro with the current content. It'll still be 200k lost that I could use on some of the charcters that need 1 million EXP to evolve.

http://onepiece-cruise.blogspot.de/p/boss-guide.html

The only boss available in the ENG version that won't be getting a special island is Zeff.

I agree with this. For some reason I thought it would prompt you to confirm you wanted to evolve after you hit the button, so I ended up with the Lvl. 35 max Zorro. While the exp sucks, I would have already had his final evo by this point if I hadn't of done that.

Edit: I see both sides of the argument I guess. I want the final Zorro now, but I guess it is more efficient to wait.

On an ever sadder note, I've been having horrible luck with the Gold island today. I had like 3 consecutive ~$25k runs today. I'm barely going to make it to $600k by the end of tonight.

They should come soon enough and no one needs to have Zoro with the current content. It'll still be 200k lost that I could use on some of the charcters that need 1 million EXP to evolve.

http://onepiece-cruise.blogspot.de/p/boss-guide.html

The only boss available in the ENG version that won't be getting a special island is Zeff.

You're a saint sir. I don't know how I didn't see that before. I'm guess the 24 hour islands are all super hard and probably cost a butt ton of stamina to attempt.

Ooooooh update gave me another chance to get the Black Elder Turtle
f0114.png
=D the one that allowed my Nami
f0011.png
to level up to 30, hmmmm should I use it to upgrade to this Nami:
f0012.png
/on this Buggy:
f0038.png
?

Or probably the wiser move is to keep it for later intelligent characters?

Rurunaki

Ooooooh update gave me another chance to get the Black Elder Turtle
f0114.png
=D the one that allowed my Nami
f0011.png
to level up to 30, hmmmm should I use it to upgrade to this Nami:
f0012.png
/on this Buggy:
f0038.png
?

Or probably the wiser move is to keep it for later intelligent characters?

Kimono Nami seems to be the Japanese Meta. I'd say give it to Buggy seeing he will be used for a while.

Rurunaki

It's this
003.png

Apparently she is an event drop. So still up to you wether you want Nami or Buggy to level up. My issue with Nami and Chopper is they have so many paths of evolution that I don't want to make a mistake on what their future meta will be.

I have all the items I need to get an Asura Zoro. But he's only level 26 right now in his second form. It takes so long to get people to feed him.

Rurunaki

Based Shanks and Smoker helped me get pass Elite Buggy..

Friend: Shanks Lvl 51 (his special clears the mob Buggy is with allowing you to just focus on him)

Captain: Smoker Lvl 25 (damage mitigation saved my butt)

Pound Phoenix Zoro Lvl 25 (Mob clear against Buggy if you don't have Shanks)

Bazooka Luffy Lvl 28

Buggy Lvl 25

God Ussop Lvl 16

There is hope guys even without god tier line up.

slash3584

It's evolving base Buggy worth it?

I have all the requirements I just have to level him up twice to evolve, so I was thinking about evolving him and then using the ancient turtle to improve his stats even further.

Om3ga

It's evolving base Buggy worth it?

I have all the requirements I just have to level him up twice to evolve, so I was thinking about evolving him and then using the ancient turtle to improve his stats even further.
If you can evolve him go for it, he's stronger as well. I evolved mine right away, and only a few levels and he was already stronger than his base form at max level.

You also get another Ancient Turtle and gem when you log in after the update if you wanted to use 2 turtles on him. I'm saving my turtles for maybe Nico Robin or Mr. 3. My Buggy second evo is almost level 50 without using a single turtle.

Sohail

Neo Member
Hi guys, just started this game and got a pretty nice team together, but now there's an update available according to the game, but when it redirects me to the store I can't seem to update. It only says open or delete.
Any suggestions..?

Hi guys, just started this game and got a pretty nice team together, but now there's an update available according to the game, but when it redirects me to the store I can't seem to update. It only says open or delete.
Any suggestions..?
wait a few seconds and then you'll see the update button

Any tips for 7/7 battle in elite bagy?
I'm using Slashers team with Alrongs as captains, and Usopp's special. And i destroy everyone before they hit me. But if you don't have such strong team, than it's better for you to destroy Cannon guy first.

Sohail

Neo Member
wait a few seconds and then you'll see the update button

I'm using Slashers team with Alrongs as captains, and Usopp's special. And i destroy everyone before they hit me. But if you don't have such strong team, than it's better for you to destroy Cannon guy first.

Alright thanks man !

Double-checking: do turtles give more experience if you use them on someone with the same colour?

Also, not sure if I should use my new Black Elder Turtle on my lvl 20 Pound Phonenix Zoro, lvl 26 Arlong or lvl 26 Luffy. Hard decision, but I guess Arlong isn't as future-proof as the others as he probably won't get any more evolutions? Is Zoro worth evolving to Asura? Luffy is my only party member who's not a slasher, but I do like him a lot and he's really future-proof.

Rurunaki

Double-checking: do turtles give more experience if you use them on someone with the same colour?

Also, not sure if I should use my new Black Elder Turtle on my lvl 20 Pound Phonenix Zoro, lvl 26 Arlong or lvl 26 Luffy. Hard decision, but I guess Arlong isn't as future-proof as the others as he probably won't get any more evolutions? Is Zoro worth evolving to Asura? Luffy is my only party member who's not a slasher, but I do like him a lot and he's really future-proof.

Same color gives more exp. I say level up Arlong cause the only person who will take over his spot will be Mihawk which is far far away plus Arlong will still be one of the heavy hitters in that slasher team.

RalchAC

Monday is supposed to be Beli day but the island disappeared today. :/

AFAIK Monday there isn't any special island.

I think Arlong is one of the characters with the higher Attack on the game. It'll sure work in a STR and Slasher team.

And yeah. Turtles give a 50% extra EXP if you match color IIRC.

Same color gives more exp. I say level up Arlong cause the only person who will take over his spot will be Mihawk which is far far away plus Arlong will still be one of the heavy hitters in that slasher team.

You can get him on the Krieg event, right?

Rurunaki

AFAIK Monday there isn't any special island.

I think Arlong is one of the characters with the higher Attack on the game. It'll sure work in a STR and Slasher team.

You can get him on the Krieg event, right?

Mihawk has his own event if we are following the japanese releases.

Oh, Mihawk is the only character in the JPN release that has taken Arlong's spot so far? Hmm, I was thinking the increase for Arlong might not be so much when he levels up, while the increase for Zoro would be much bigger if he's leveled up, but maybe I'll go for Arlong then.

Speaking of Mihawk, it's a bit strange that he didn't show up in the Baratie arc, but then I suppose he would be too powerful if you were able to obtain him at this point.

Oh, Mihawk is the only character in the JPN release that has taken Arlong's spot so far? Hmm, I was thinking the increase for Arlong might not be so much when he levels up, while the increase for Zoro would be much bigger if he's leveled up, but maybe I'll go for Arlong then.

Speaking of Mihawk, it's a bit strange that he didn't show up in the Baratie arc, but then I suppose he would be too powerful if you were able to obtain him at this point.

Mihawk and Doffy are better slasher leaders than Arlong, but he still has the second highest attack (6 points less than monster chopper) so you'll still want him in your team.

Mihawk should be our first 24-hour special boss.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Update!

Using the last of my Stamina last night, I [finally] managed to get Zeff. I've been fusing fodder into him all day and I got him at Level 20. Hopefully, now that I can easily/reliably farm Elite Buggy, I can level him up even more soon. He really does make a difference for making that stage a lot more manageable.

I hope things turn as positive for your Kuro farming soon. You could always wait until the Kuro event, but that's likely a few months away. I'll probably join you in farming him when the Buggy event ends [and I complete all of the new story content that will likely be released at the same time]. He's definitely on my "farm list", especially considering Arlong is the next character to get an event. I'll definitely wait until then to add him to my team.

Awesome man - great to hear !!
Zeff was also my missing Key for Elite Buggy clearing.

After a week i have stopped clearing Kuro for now and will do some more Buggy and getting Evo materials. Might give it another go after the current Event and if not i will just wait for his Special Island.

Looking forward to Smoker/Tashigi and Logue Town as well.

Don't know what bugs were fixed, but I've definitely encountered a bunch of bugs, however they were so minor that they're barely worth mentioning. The glitch I encountered the most was in combat; if you unleash a crew member who finishes off an opponent, but immediately switch to a second crew member the same moment that you sent out the first, the game won't know what the hell is going on so it puts your crew member in front of the now dead enemy. You still attack the targeted enemy as usual, it just looks weird seeing your crew member in an empty space where an enemy used to be.

Lots of little stuff like that. There was some minor thing in the menus too that I forgot.

Majukun

Is there a website where you can safely download the updated apk for this game? The tablet where I'm playing right now is kinda old and sometimes it freezes a bit without warning... And in this kind of game that means missing the entire turn and fuck up the run.
So I wanted to transfer my data to my oneplus one.. Only problem is that it's not compatible. With the game and I can't download the updates from the playstore.. So i needed a safe and quickly updated site to use for when it changes version

Top Bottom