• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Is it possible to get Iron Pearl as a drop in Baratie? I've been trying both levels that he appears in and haven't received a drop yet.

Every unit you encounter in the story mode so far can drop - but it might take a while and more than a dozen attempts.

chrono01

chrono01 how is the situation on your end ? Still no luck here concerning Kuro
KuGsj.gif

Just hope that i can get him this weekend so i can still focus on Buggy for the 2nd week.
Still horrible. No Zeff, and I've been putting all of my Stamina into the farming. Sorry to hear things with you are equally as poor. :/

Things will hopefully change for us soon. I'm trying not to give into despair, but the game isn't making it easy. >_<

In the elite buggy 6/7 (the OHKO guy) guide there is this:

When he is at 2, Finish him off without trying to combo. Wait until one character has hit his attack fully and tap another one. Repeat to make use of your Max. Hits on him.

I'm not sure I understand the reason behind this. Why would missing deal more damage than a perfect combo?

In the elite buggy 6/7 (the OHKO guy) guide there is this:

I'm not sure I understand the reason behind this. Why would missing deal more damage than a perfect combo?

I actually noticed this today and meant to post something. It appears that tapping early, which would result in a Great or Good, will reduce the amount of "hits" that each of your attacks does. While a Perfect will give you the max amount of hits, a miss will give you the exact same thing. This matters on the tank guys, because their defense is so high that your attacks don't really do damage. They only do 1HP of damage for every "hit" that your character does in their animation.

I still generally go for the Perfects, just out of habit, but this could be pretty helpful for people that are having problems with that particular part of the Buggy Elite.

Vecks

Finally got Buggy today. One thing I've noticed is I don't seem to ever get more than one drop in a battle/wave. I wonder if you're limited to one drop per wave. I assume the drops are already pre-determined, so I doubt there's anything you can do even if it were the case. But it absolutely kills me whenever I see a minion drop in an important wave.

I actually noticed this today and meant to post something. It appears that tapping early, which would result in a Great or Good, will reduce the amount of "hits" that each of your attacks does. While a Perfect will give you the max amount of hits, a miss will give you the exact same thing. This matters on the tank guys, because their defense is so high that your attacks don't really do damage. They only do 1HP of damage for every "hit" that your character does in their animation.

I still generally go for the Perfects, just out of habit, but this could be pretty helpful for people that are having problems with that particular part of the Buggy Elite.

That's pretty interesting, thanks. Characters with weird timing like Enraged Arlong or evolved Luffy can easily mess up a combo so I guess missing is way safer.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
Finally got Buggy today. One thing I've noticed is I don't seem to ever get more than one drop in a battle/wave. I wonder if you're limited to one drop per wave. I assume the drops are already pre-determined, so I doubt there's anything you can do even if it were the case. But it absolutely kills me whenever I see a minion drop in an important wave.
Kills me more when what I want starts glowing and beli comes out.

Hmm, I don't know, seems like this would be largely dependent on the character. Like Arlong for instance only hits once, so you might as well tap the button when he does it.

That's pretty interesting, thanks. Characters with weird timing like Enraged Arlong or evolved Luffy can easily mess up a combo so I guess missing is way safer.

Missing will also mess up your combo, though.

Hmm, I don't know, seems like this would be largely dependent on the character. Like Arlong for instance only hits once, so you might as well tap the button when he does it.

I just tried with a friend Arlong and he definitely hits 4 times when you miss (he deals 4 damage to tanky guys like crabs). In fact, all of my characters do max hits when I miss. Like Cloggerdude said, a perfect combo will yield the maximum number of hits, while good or great will do less. When a character misses, the next character starts a new combo, and since he's the first in the chain he gets the maximum combo hits.

I just tried with a friend Arlong and he definitely hits 4 times when you miss (he deals 4 damage to tanky guys like crabs). In fact, all of my characters do max hits when I miss. Like Cloggerdude said, a perfect combo will yield the maximum number of hits, while good or great will do less. When a character misses, the next character starts a new combo, and since he's the first in the chain he gets the maximum combo hits.

Interesting.

There's another thing I've noticed. I have no idea how this works, but sometimes my Arlong does what seems like an extreme critical. Hear me out. I'm fighting a crab with bizarre defense. When I do a full combo and end on Arlong, I do quite a bit of damage but still not more than maybe a fifth or a sixth of the crabs hp. But once in a while, when I do my combo, Arlong just wipes the entire health bar of the crab away, doing way, way, way more damage than usual. I know that the damage is increased when the colour matches, when the combo goes on and when you do a perfect, but this seems different from that. I have no idea how it works, but it seems as if he sometimes completely nullifies the defense of the enemy. It's kind of inconsistent too. Maybe I'm crazy, but I've been doing this weekend gold cave a lot and been experimenting with the crabs in that level.

Raxious

Interesting.

There's another thing I've noticed. I have no idea how this works, but sometimes my Arlong does what seems like an extreme critical. Hear me out. I'm fighting a crab with bizarre defense. When I do a full combo and end on Arlong, I do quite a bit of damage but still not more than maybe a fifth or a sixth of the crabs hp. But once in a while, when I do my combo, Arlong just wipes the entire health bar of the crab away, doing way, way, way more damage than usual. I know that the damage is increased when the colour matches, when the combo goes on and when you do a perfect, but this seems different from that. I have no idea how it works, but it seems as if he sometimes completely nullifies the defense of the enemy. It's kind of inconsistent too. Maybe I'm crazy, but I've been doing this weekend gold cave a lot and been experimenting with the crabs in that level.

Yea, there's a small chance you do a critical and end up one shotting crabs and such. I hate it when it happens cause I use the crabs to build up my skills.

Fbh

Just started this yeasterday, it's actually pretty fun.

Got an Ussop in my first roll, apparently not the good one though (tabasco something Usopp), and then I got a 3 star Buggy. I'm too lazy to reroll in these games so I'll just go with them.

Still, any advice on how to use rainbow gems? I'll soon have 20 (have 19 currently) and I'm not sure what to do with them.
Should I use them all to roll for a rare character? Or is it worth to invest some in making my character box bigger?
Also, does this game have special events that give you higher chance of getting rare characters (like Puzzle & Dragons) or can I just spend the 5 rainbow gems on a roll as soon as I get them?

Thx

Yea, there's a small chance you do a critical and end up one shotting crabs and such. I hate it when it happens cause I use the crabs to build up my skills.

Ah, so there is that. It seems like it's more likely to happen when you're doing a lengthy combo, and also more likely when doing a perfect. It has happened to me when I've done a great too though, and honestly it doesn't seem too rare when fighting crabs that it happens.

Just started this yeasterday, it's actually pretty fun.

Got an Ussop in my first roll, apparently not the good one though (tabasco something Usopp), and then I got a 3 star Buggy. I'm too lazy to reroll and these games so I'll just go with them.

Still, any advice on how to use rainbow gems? I'll soon have 20 (have 19 currently) and I'm not sure what to do with them.
Should I use them all to roll for a rare character? Or is it worth to invest some in making my character box bigger?
Also, does this game have special events that give you higher chance of getting rare characters (like Puzzle & Dragons) or can I just spend the 5 rainbow gems on a roll as soon as I get them?

Thx

Only use gems for rare characters & making box bigger. My box has the size 110 right now which seems like an okay size for now. I've used five gems for a rare character once which was very much worth it as I got an Arlong which made my team about a billion times better. There are more characters coming as rare-rolls later so I'm saving ~10 gems for that.

Expanding your character box should be your priority, as evolution material (seahorses, penguins, dragons and crabs) will fill it up rather quickly. Don't waste them all on Rare recruit as only a few characters aren't farmable in the game atm (Ace/Shanks/Tashigi/Smoker/Vivi). If you really want a rare one then just re-roll (it might take days though, I've been rerolling for a week now and still no Ace ;_;). Keep your gems for when they add more characters (like the Whitebeard crew and the shishibukai) or for special events when you have higher chances of pulling rare ones.

As for special events, there's a Buggy one running right now. :D

So is this a confirmed thing that will happen later?

Well it's a thing in the Japanese version so we have no reason to think their events won't eventually meander on over to us!

Also, does anybody know the Arlong drop rate? It just such a lengthy fight that farming him quickly becomes tedious. Not to mention how tedious it will be to level him up enough to evolve him to the good form.

linkent

Hmm i thought power up with dupe will get instant level, but it is only extra exp, anyone know how much extra exp?
So many Buggies filling ip my inventory now.
Thought that i would save them up to level up at higher level. So i tried it once, level 49-51 with 5 buggies. :(
Will take awhile to level up to 70.

@Cloggerdood, do you use the black turtle on your Arlong?

Weekend was kind to me regarding drops and evo materials.

jhpus4Pm.png
Fh3jWqEm.png
or46RmPm.png

Next up - farming Elite buggy to get Zoro buffed up to transform him into Asura, and maxing out my Vivi so people here can have her at her best. (Until we get to evolve her, anyway)

Zero_IYAD

I started playing 2 weeks ago..
Am not spending much time on the game recently tho..
This is my current box:

tumblr_nk6liki3E51srgzyyo1_540.jpg

How good is it?
& where's the best place to farm for EXP fooders?

Limit

Dang. I'm jonesing for exp turtles here as well except my team isn't strong enough to take on even the medium level buggy dungeon right now. Have Zeff and a good fighter crew but right now they are too underleveled. So currently I am stuck in exp limbo. Farming earlier stages of arlong's island aiming for turtle drops there. None so far.

The turtle islands can't come soon enough.

Oh, and I am using all my rainbow gems on making the box bigger. Currently it's up to 150. Going for 250. Completely worth it.

Eh, I go back and forth. Sometimes I get in the mood to level my Arlong and I'll use it on him, and sometimes I feel like trying to level Buggy. Buggy obviously gets a lot more benefit from it, but I like the thought of my high level Arlong helping out people that are just starting out.

This weekend's goal is to get a crap ton of Belli, so that I can focus on leveling Arlong and Buggy next week. I settled for $300k last weekend, thinking that would be enough, but I started running thin towards the middle of last week. Going to try for $600k+ this time.

I started playing 2 weeks ago..
Am not spending much time on the game recently tho..
This is my current box:

How good is it?
& where's the best place to farm for EXP fooders?

You have a good base for a QCK team with Ace (Captain)/Sanji/Kuro/Blue dragon/Usopp. Try teaming up with Vivi (she'll heal 600+ HP every turn) and see if you can beat (and then farm) the last Arlong level.

Om3ga

Missing messes up your damage and your damage muliplier, but not your combo. I captured a video of the technique I use to beat the crossbow guy(the miss combo) on my phone a few days ago for those complaining about him, but there was no sound so decided not to post it. If you can't do 55+ hits in 2 turns to him he'll kill you.

Interesting.

Defense of the turtle is around 20,000(my guess). if your Arlong hits more than that in a turn he'll cut through the defense. With 2 Arlongs or a Luffy Arlong team, enough pefects, matching (s) icon and or an upgraded merry (basically when the stars align), the defense can be broken.

Hmm i thought power up with dupe will get instant level, but it is only extra exp, anyone know how much extra exp?
So many Buggies filling ip my inventory now.
Thought that i would save them up to level up at higher level. So i tried it once, level 49-51 with 5 buggies. :(
Will take awhile to level up to 70.

Just tested it. You get 100% more xp if match characters. Buggy gives 2925xp base he'll actually give 5850 xp, plus a chance @ skill up. If you want to level him to 70, the fastest and cheapest way is to use 5 big turtles @ 112,500 xp total or 22,500 each.

RalchAC

Man, farming Zeff is crushing me, my patience and soon enough it'll start to crush my love for this game too lol. You weren't kidding when you said that fucker didn't drop at all.

Do we know when the next island is dropping?

Man, farming Zeff is crushing me, my patience and soon enough it'll start to crush my love for this game too lol. You weren't kidding when you said that fucker didn't drop at all.

Do we know when the next island is dropping?
Says it will update 22nd (Today) 6pm PST.

Man I can't do Buggy expert mode lol, think I should farm power up units to strengthen my crew. Still haven't found a Luffy special power up, does it come from a chest or wanted poster?

Bsigg12

So I've been trying to get 1 golden/yellow crab to get my Golden Hammer Usopp and it refuses to drop. It is so overly annoying. Between the extra island Thursday event and farming Arlong Park stage 5, I have gotten every other color of large crab but the one I need.

RalchAC

Says it will update 22nd (Today) 6pm PST.

Man I can't do Buggy expert mode lol, think I should farm power up units to strengthen my crew. Still haven't found a Luffy special power up, does it come from a chest or wanted poster?

Same here. I'm too strong for Veteran but I'm not strong enough to farm the Elite one.

The lack of a good leader is the reason IMO (My Buggy 2x INT boost is cool, but doesn't suit this battle... and there isn't a single PSY boss so far!)

If I had Zeff, Arlong or Shanks I'm sure I'd be able to do it.

From a chest.

I joined the Zeff farming yesterday and I'm already feeling the despair, how can you guys endure this for days? xD

They came here and complained about the shitty droprate he has. We'll endure this together bitching about it just like everybody has done before :p

Ah thanks hmmmm, maybe I should join the Zeff hunt what with the hype for him lol.

He is a cool unit. Gives x2.5 attack to every Fighter unit. Plus he is not going to be easily farmable on a few weeks like Arlong will. The latter is going to have an event where he'd get an increased drop rate in like a month and a half if that blog prediction is right :)

In the meanwhile I've been getting some fodder units to make my characters strong, so I guess I haven't wasted my time :p

Limit

Zeff is totes worth the hype y'all. All my characters are around level 15 in my zeff team and yet I am doing 20K+ damage and the end of each turn. He's awesome. The only thing lacking right now is exp fodders and enough Zeff friends. More people need to jump onto Zeff hype train and acquire one asap.

Majukun

Anyone knows a way to access the option menu without passing from the main menu? I read that by disabling sound and fx it is possible to play the game on the oneplus one, that would otherwise crash on the tutorial for some reason. Only problem is that once installed the games goes straight to the tutorial, so disabling sound is impossible...
Maybe is just some troll.. But better ask before ruling it out

Rurunaki

Zeff is totes worth the hype y'all. All my characters are around level 15 in my zeff team and yet I am doing 20K+ damage and the end of each turn. He's awesome. The only thing lacking right now is exp fodders and enough Zeff friends. More people need to jump onto Zeff hype train and acquire one asap.

Trying to.. but the old man won't relent.. he's sticking to me working at Baratie for ovee a year til he drops..

Rurunaki

Same here. I'm too strong for Veteran but I'm not strong enough to farm the Elite one.

The lack of a good leader is the reason IMO (My Buggy 2x INT boost is cool, but doesn't suit this battle... and there isn't a single PSY boss so far!)

If I had Zeff, Arlong or Shanks I'm sure I'd be able to do it.

They came here and complained about the shitty droprate he has. We'll endure this together bitching about it just like everybody has done before :p

He is a cool unit. Gives x2.5 attack to every Fighter unit. Plus he is not going to be easily farmable on a few weeks like Arlong will. The latter is going to have an event where he'd get an increased drop rate in like a month and a half if that blog prediction is right :)

In the meanwhile I've been getting some fodder units to make my characters strong, so I guess I haven't wasted my time :p

Problem with Shanks right now is there's not enough PSY to make him good. Sure he has God Ussop but Vivi is also a Gatcha rare. It's hard to fill up his team at the moment.

It'll be Zeff, Ace, Arlong possibly Zoro team meta for a while.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Still horrible. No Zeff, and I've been putting all of my Stamina into the farming. Sorry to hear things with you are equally as poor. :/

Things will hopefully change for us soon. I'm trying not to give into despair, but the game isn't making it easy. >_<

Missed your post earlier - but yeah its getting tougher, my Spirit isnt broken yet though. Its good that we are still at the beginning so being held back a couple of days because farming essential units can be kinda justified xD

Hope we get lucky soon though... !!

chrono01

Missed your post earlier - but yeah its getting tougher, my Spirit isnt broken yet though. Its good that we are still at the beginning so being held back a couple of days because farming essential units can be kinda justified xD

Hope we get lucky soon though... !!
Update!

Using the last of my Stamina last night, I [finally] managed to get Zeff. I've been fusing fodder into him all day and I got him at Level 20. Hopefully, now that I can easily/reliably farm Elite Buggy, I can level him up even more soon. He really does make a difference for making that stage a lot more manageable.

I hope things turn as positive for your Kuro farming soon. You could always wait until the Kuro event, but that's likely a few months away. I'll probably join you in farming him when the Buggy event ends [and I complete all of the new story content that will likely be released at the same time]. He's definitely on my "farm list", especially considering Arlong is the next character to get an event. I'll definitely wait until then to add him to my team.

Redberyl

Neo Member
This game is my first exposure to One Piece and I really enjoyed the story, unfortunately I'm already up to the final Arlong battle after starting this past week so I guess I'll have to wait a while for more content : (

It can be just dumb luck but MAYBE your team members are a factor of the RNG? Maybe using a team/captain of the opposite color increases the drop rate? I dunno, try and help me prove/disprove it.

Did each team have different boats? May just be coincidence but I wanted to get a blue penguin this morning and kept running Ch 2 of Alvida's Hideout, whenever a penguin did drop on the second battle it was red. Tried switching my team up and still kept getting red, but switching my boat from Baratie to Dinghy made the pirate drop, and switching to Merry Go made the green penguin drop (when it appeared). Finally switched back to Baratie and the red penguin dropped again.

Yeah, he's a great unit with high stats, especially if you're building a QCK team like I am.
Ah I need to pull more for some quick characters then and you were right Chrono lol, all my space were taken over by evolution materials I can't use cause I haven't levelled my ones to the maximum XD

chrono01

This game is my first exposure to One Piece and I really enjoyed the story, unfortunately I'm already up to the final Arlong battle after starting this past week so I guess I'll have to wait a while for more content : (

Did each team have different boats? May just be coincidence but I wanted to get a blue penguin this morning and kept running Ch 2 of Alvida's Hideout, whenever a penguin did drop on the second battle it was red. Tried switching my team up and still kept getting red, but switching my boat from Baratie to Dinghy made the pirate drop, and switching to Merry Go made the green penguin drop (when it appeared). Finally switched back to Baratie and the red penguin dropped again.
Yeah, the story of One Piece is better than a lot of people give it credit for. It has a lot of heart, and the characters are extremely likable. I'm glad to see that Treasure Cruise is creating more fans.

As for the second part of your post, the boat is only good for stat increases, that's it. It sounds to me like RNG just worked oddly for you. :/

Still rerolling haha, I want one of the Gacha exclusives. They seem pretty rare. Hope I can start soon.
Good luck. It's worth waiting for a gatcha-exclusive if you're serious about the game and plan to remain non-IAP for as long as possible.

Nico Robin will be added on the 24th, so at least you'll have an additional gatcha-only character to go after [of course, this means other units also being added which will dilute the pool even more...].

Ah I need to pull more for some quick characters then and you were right Chrono lol, all my space were taken over by evolution materials I can't use cause I haven't levelled my ones to the maximum XD
Yeah, the more space you have the better. Leveling units can take a while, and having all of the evolution units on-hand for when you do is great. I'm at 65, I believe, and I'm tempted to use a few more Rainbow Gems to increase it even more. It doesn't help that I like to collect all of the named characters for my collection, despite many of them not being useful.

Top Bottom