• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

So Mihawk will come before the exp event, right?

Cause I feel like using some of my pigs and turtles to get a few of my str-type units up a bit in preparation for Mihawk if that's the case.

chrono01

So Mihawk will come before the exp event, right?

Cause I feel like using some of my pigs and turtles to get a few of my str-type units up a bit in preparation for Mihawk if that's the case.
Not confirmed, but it's highly expected to see Mihawk drop in the next couple of days, easily before next Tuesday.

Wazzy

Banned
You should be fine. Maybe.

Your levels are a little low on Usopp and Smoker, and it would have been preferable to have another strong STR user [such as Arlong] to replace your fourth member with [after the initial three to activate Gear Third Luffy's Captain Ability]. Asura Zoro is powerful though, and decently-leveled. You could maybe try the 30-stamina version and see how things go.
!
Cool thanks! I've got three pigs and a bunch of purple turtles I'll use up to get some levels made up. Who do you think I should invest them in? Bring up Usopp and Smoker? Or Arlong who isn't evolve?

I did 3 whisky peaks stages just to give it a look, will wait for the next stamina event to do the rest as the exp is honestly barely notable.

I'm already starting to miss my recent loving partner, the Don.. <3

chrono01

Cool thanks! I've got three pigs and a bunch of purple turtles I'll use up to get some levels made up. Who do you think I should invest them in? Bring up Usopp and Smoker? Or Arlong who isn't evolve?
Usopp is mostly there as fodder to activate G3 Luffy's ability as well as for the turn delay. A higher-level Usopp would give you more HP/RCV to deal with, though.

Ideally, you'd want to level your Arlong and then evolve him. That would help you quite a bit, considering the power he brings [not to mention he's a STR-type and strong against Mihawk]. I'm not sure if you have the XP fodder on-hand to do that, though. :(

Smoker...is a good unit, and his special ability would help negate Mihawk's damage for one-turn [if you can stall long enough to use it]. But yeah, Arlong is definitely the one would recommend.

These are my units. Which one to level up for Arlong?

Luffy Gear 2nd Lvl 15
Alvida 2nd Lvl 21
Mr. 5 Lvl 5
Arlong 1st Lvl 42
Ashura Zoro Lvl 20
Sogeking Lvl 41
Flower Word Vista Lvl 26
Gaimon Lvl 24
Smoker 1st Lvl 5

Wazzy

Banned
Usopp is mostly there as fodder to activate G3 Luffy's ability as well as for the turn delay. A higher-level Usopp would give you more HP/RCV to deal with, though.

Ideally, you'd want to level your Arlong and then evolve him. That would help you quite a bit, considering the power he brings [not to mention he's a STR-type and strong against Mihawk]. I'm not sure if you have the XP fodder on-hand to do that, though. :(

Smoker...is a good unit, and his special ability would help negate Mihawk's damage for one-turn [if you can stall long enough to use it]. But yeah, Arlong is definitely the one would recommend.
Alright thanks for the advice!

I got Arlong to 30 so I'll see if I can get him maxed at the least

chrono01

These are my units. Which one to level up for Arlong?

Luffy Gear 2nd Lvl 15
Alvida 2nd Lvl 21
Mr. 5 Lvl 5
Arlong 1st Lvl 42
Ashura Zoro Lvl 20
Sogeking Lvl 41
Flower Word Vista Lvl 26
Gaimon Lvl 24
I'd level Arlong until you can evolve, and then do so. Level him a bit more. Throw some XP into Gear Second Luffy and Mr. 5. Alvida is already decently-leveled, as is Sogeking [shame you evolved him from God Hammer, though :(].

Your final team would be:

Gear Second Luffy
Arlong
Alvida
Mr. 5
Sogeking

Gear Second/Gear Third Luffy [Friend]

That should be okay for 30-stamina Mihawk, although you'll probably want to stay away from the 40-stamina version [unless you feel the need to get rid of a lot of your Rainbow Gems].

Alright thanks for the advice!

I got Arlong to 30 so I'll see if I can get him maxed at the least
Not a problem, best of luck to you!

I'd level Arlong until you can evolve, and then do so. Level him a bit more. Throw some XP into Gear Second Luffy and Mr. 5. Alvida is already decently-leveled, as is Sogeking [shame you evolved him from God Hammer, though :(].

Your final team would be:

Gear Second Luffy
Arlong
Alvida
Mr. 5
Sogeking

Gear Second/Gear Third Luffy [Friend]

That should be okay for 30-stamina Mihawk, although you'll probably want to stay away from the 40-stamina version [unless you feel the need to get rid of a lot of your Rainbow Gems].

Not a problem, best of luck to you!

Thanks~
I want to get rid of a lot of my rainbow gems ;)
So what levels should Mr. 5 and Luffy be?

chrono01

Thanks~
I want to get rid of a lot of my rainbow gems ;)
So what levels should Mr. 5 and Luffy be?
Since you can't likely evolve Mr. 5 [unless you have a lot of XP materials in your box], I'd maybe get him to maybe 25-30? If you could max him out and evolve him, that'd be preferable, but it's up to you if you want to go that far. Arlong is definitely your priority in evolving, in my personal opinion, but if you could level and evolve both, that would help you quite a bit.

For Luffy, I'd put as much XP in him as you can after finishing Arlong/Mr. 5 and leveling them a bit [after evolving]. Maybe get him to Level 30-35, if you can.

Since you can't likely evolve Mr. 5 [unless you have a lot of XP materials in your box], I'd maybe get him to maybe 25-30? If you could max him out and evolve him, that'd be preferable, but it's up to you if you want to go that far. Arlong is definitely your priority in evolving, in my personal opinion, but if you could level and evolve both, that would help you quite a bit.

I have a lot of pigs and turtles. Is there someway I can see how much xp I need from lvl42-50 from Arlong?

Okay here's my top units atm:

princess vivi - 72
Diablo Sanji - 45
Gear 3rd Luffy - 41
Asura Zoro - 41
Gear 2nd Luffy - 38 (lol)
Don Krieg evolved - 38
Robin evolved - 36
Marco unevolved - 33
God usopp - 32
arlong unevolved - 30

.. some crap

evolved Alvida - 22

Nothing noteworthy below that (well a level 5 blameco but.. lol). I've got at least 3 red royal piggies to spend on boosting someone though.

I was thinking Alvida is the best home for my piggies as she's already evolved, unlike arlong.

But let me know what makes most sense!

chrono01

Okay here's my top units atm:

Nothing noteworthy below that (well a level 5 blameco but.. lol). I've got at least 3 red royal piggies to spend on boosting someone though.

I was thinking Alvida is the best home for my piggies as she's already evolved, unlike arlong.

But let me know what makes most sense!
Yeah, with only three red pigs it's doubtful that you'd have enough to level and evolve Arlong. I'm not sure of the actual XP required, but 20 levels on three pigs [even with their matching type] seems like an impossibility, even with a Super Success. I'm guessing your team is going to be:

Gear Third Luffy
Arlong
Alvida
[Filler, something easy to hit Perfect on]
God Hammer Usopp

Gear Third Luffy [Friend]

Alvida is a great unit for Mihawk. She has decent strength to her and her ability can get you out of a tricky situation. It's too bad about Arlong, though. Since his attack is so high, he works really well when used later in the Gear Third Luffy chain [after activating his Captain Ability], especially if you can manage a matching Orb. Alvida can help fill this role somewhat though, and Gear Third Luffy isn't exactly weak when it comes to his strength either.

Nibel

Wait, Mihawk is tomorrow? Where do you get the infos brehs?

I have a similar team to the one that chrono just listed, so I hope I'll be fine

chrono01

Wait, Mihawk is tomorrow? Where do you get the infos brehs?

I have a similar team to the one that chrono just listed, so I hope I'll be fine
We don't really know when it will be, although Namco Bandai tweeted Mihawk's event a few hours ago, so it'll probably be very soon [and the weekend makes sense].

It could very well be next week for all we know, but I doubt it.

Yeah, with only three red pigs it's doubtful that you'd have enough to level and evolve Arlong. I'm not sure of the actual XP required, but 20 levels on three pigs [even with their matching type] seems like an impossibility, even with a Super Success. I'm guessing your team is going to be:

Gear Third Luffy
Arlong
Alvida
[Filler, something easy to hit Perfect on]
God Hammer Usopp

Gear Third Luffy [Friend]

Alvida is a great unit for Mihawk. She has decent strength to her and her ability can get you out of a tricky situation. It's too bad about Arlong, though. Since his attack is so high, he works really well when used later in the Gear Third Luffy chain [after activating his Captain Ability], especially if you can manage a matching Orb. Alvida can help fill this role somewhat though, and Gear Third Luffy isn't exactly weak when it comes to his strength either.

I was actually counting on Vivi + Tank Zoro, lol.

I just don't know what to do with the rest of my units, that's what I wanted advice on. :D

Wazzy

Banned
Should I combine my two level 20 Usopps to my Golden? I've got one Usopp Hammer, one Tabasco Star and then a regular Usopp level 5 that I can also add in.

chrono01

I was actually counting on Vivi + Tank Zoro, lol.

I just don't know what to do with the rest of my units, that's what I wanted advice on. :D
Oh! You could definitely go the Vivi + Lion Song Zoro/ Vivi + Laboon method too, just wasn't sure you had the patience for it or not, haha. It's definitely the "safest" method, assuming you can stay awake. With a few good STR units in there though, it should be manageable.

Should I combine my two level 20 Usopps to my Golden? I've got one Usopp Hammer, one Tabasco Star and then a regular Usopp level 5 that I can also add in.
You can get rid of your base Usopp, but I would keep your Tabasco Star version so you can later evolve into Sogeking. God Hammer Usopp is better, but Sogeking is still worth having, especially since you can level his skill later on via skillbooks.

Oh! You could definitely go the Vivi + Lion Song Zoro/ Vivi + Laboon method too, just wasn't sure you had the patience for it or not, haha. It's definitely the "safest" method, assuming you can stay awake. With a few good STR units in there though, it should be manageable.

Yeah that's why I was thinking of giving Alvida a big boost to at least give me a second decent STR unit aside from gear 3rd luffy.

I forgot, are there any real risks to tackling 40 stamina mihawk with a 75 vivi/lion song team?

Hisoka

Depends, some people need the gems now to help them farm Mihawk. BTW I looked into the future (whole next week) and I didn't see any kind of Bonus Time for Whiskey Peak. No half stamina, no double drop, no double beli. The half stamina should've been today anyway so even if they just forgot to include the bonus time you'll have to wait a full week for the half stamina.

Darthvadernoooooo.gif

Will have to wait until next week then. The gems can wait and i obviously need more Diable Skillbooks.

chrono01

Yeah that's why I was thinking of giving Alvida a big boost to at least give me a second decent STR unit aside from gear 3rd luffy.

I forgot, are there any real risks to tackling 40 stamina mihawk with a 75 vivi/lion song team?
There are. From what I remember, a Vivi + Laboon team is recommended for 40-stamina. I believe. My memory could be wrong on that.

Wazzy

Banned

You can get rid of your base Usopp, but I would keep your Tabasco Star version so you can later evolve into Sogeking. God Hammer Usopp is better, but Sogeking is still worth having, especially since you can level his skill later on via skillbooks.
Sweet. Thanks again chrono! You're helping me get prepared. xD

I got arlong to 40 and if Mihawk doesn't release tomorrow I should be able to evolve him and get a decent amount of levels. Usopp is now 24 so I'm a little more confident now.

chrono01

Sweet. Thanks again chrono! You're helping me get prepared. xD

I got arlong to 40 and if Mihawk doesn't release tomorrow I should be able to evolve him and get a decent amount of levels. Usopp is now 24 so I'm a little more confident now.
You're very welcome.

And nicely done!

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
ah yeah that was it, unless you can guarantee to take down 30% before he gets a chance to strike.
Which is LOL-worthy with that team.

Everyone should just be a fucking baller and go with a G3 team vs. 40-Stam Mihawk. It'll put hair on your chest. You will be super.

For Luffy, I'd put as much XP in him as you can after finishing Arlong/Mr. 5 and leveling them a bit [after evolving]. Maybe get him to Level 30-35, if you can.

Actually I have the evolved Mr. 5. How to level him? Enraged Arlong also to about level 30?

Which is LOL-worthy with that team.

Everyone should just be a fucking baller and go with a G3 team vs. 40-Stam Mihawk. It'll put hair on your chest. You will be super.

Maybe next time around, I've barely got the STR units to make a worthwhile attempt at that.

Btw what's the next "big" challenge we'll most likely get after Mihawk?

Cerity

Actually managed to pull G3 luffy, nice change compared to the trash I've been getting on my main and both alts. Actually pulled coby from the rare recruit on one of my alts before lol.

N30RYU

ah yeah that was it, unless you can guarantee to take down 30% before he gets a chance to strike.

When he is down to 30% makes a super EVERY turn dealing 25000 damage.... so if Mihawk have 1180000HP at lvl 40... you should be able to make 354001 damage (if you manage to have him with 30%HP+1.

Or use two or three devil fruits...

Majukun

1)
[20/04] ?
[21/04] silver
[22/04] silver
[23/04] gold

2)
[20/04] silver
[21/04] silver
[22/04] gold
[23/04] bronze

3)
[20/04] silver
[21/04] gold
[22/04] bronze
[23/04] bronze

4)
[20/04] gold
[21/04] bronze
[22/04] bronze
[23/04] silver

5)
[20/04] bronze
[21/04] bronze
[22/04] silver
[23/04] silver

6)
[20/04] bronze
[21/04] silver
[22/04] silver
[23/04] gold

7)
[20/04] silver
[21/04] silver
[22/04] gold
[23/04] bronze

8)
[20/04] ?
[21/04] gold
[22/04] bronze
[23/04]

9)
[20/04] ?
[21/04] gold
[22/04] ?
[23/04]

0)
[20/04] bronze
[21/04] bronze
[22/04] silver
[23/04]

upfated

the pattern seems to hold up..so it'0s basically

bronze>bronze>silver>silver>gold>bronze>bronze etc

numves should be paired like in turtle time..so if you have,said,5,you should look for people with a 0 or 5 as the 6th digit and they will have your same chest

Nibel

Finally got my evolved Alvida. That special ability is incredible.
EWmof.gif

Hisoka

upfated

the pattern seems to hold up..so it'0s basically

bronze>bronze>silver>silver>gold>bronze>bronze etc

numves should be paired like in turtle time..so if you have,said,5,you should look for people with a 0 or 5 as the 6th digit and they will have your same chest

Oh you already did it! :D
Thanks maju! Nice to know we got the pattern right :)

Still have 3 chest slots open for later if anybody roams the thread tonight (definitely not now). I'm silver, today.

Also.. the manga might let us have a very interesting unit in the game now at some point. I wonder how the game treats the manga. I mean, we know of units like Doflamingo ages before we get to their arc. So I wonder what direction they get- wait until the character appears in the anime, perhaps? Just wondering out loud about their policies.

Zunger

Neo Member
Still have 3 chest slots open for later if anybody roams the thread tonight (definitely not now). I'm silver, today.

Also.. the manga might let us have a very interesting unit in the game now at some point. I wonder how the game treats the manga. I mean, we know of units like Doflamingo ages before we get to their arc. So I wonder what direction they get- wait until the character appears in the anime, perhaps? Just wondering out loud about their policies.

Hey. PM me when you want to do the barrel game, yeah? Cheers. I am in the Google Doc - Zunger.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey

Doflamingo has appeared in the anime / manga WAY before his arc, so not really an apt comparison.

Jupiter

So, this is my char box. I plan on using lion song/vivi for Mihawk. What should my other chars be? All Str members , is God Ussop/ Diable Sanji necessary?

Top Bottom