• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Took my Mihawk eating 143 others to finally get it to max skill level \o/

Holy Shit....congrats man...but Holy Shit :eek:

I dont have that much time today, but with my current stamina using Gems for farming him doesnt make sense. Once i get +80 stamina i can consider it.

Pheno_NLD

Neo Member
It would suuuuuuuuuuck, but if you really want to grab a Mihawk (you do), then you could use your Vivi and a friend's Laboon to grind for one. It's going to take you a while to finish him, but it's probably doable.

All you need to do is have your total HP be lower than 2x your Vivi's recovery rate as captain. That's going to be pretty rough for you, since your Vivi isn't evolved all the way, but it's still doable. The other option would be to try to farm a Laboon today, but that might be pretty hit and miss too.

Again, it's not going to be easy to do, but if you really want a Mihawk, then I do think it's at least somewhat doable.

You sir, are an hero. I took Vivi (3HP), a level 5 friend Laboon and 4 armored crabs (relatively high attack and real low hp). It took 40 minutes but the 30 stamina level dropped me a Mihawk on the first try. It was very easy, it just took a lot of time...

Big thanks for the strategy! Now I can calmly level e Luffy someone here mentioned and this dude.

You sir, are an hero. I took Vivi (3HP), a level 5 friend Laboon and 4 armored crabs (relatively high attack and real low hp). It took 40 minutes but the 30 stamina level dropped me a Mihawk on the first try. It was very easy, it just took a lot of time...

Big thanks for the strategy! Now I can calmly level e Luffy someone here mentioned and this dude.

Sweet! I'm really glad you got the drop. That's awesome to hear!

Whoops I died ... I think I might've accidentally leveled Gear 3rd Luffy after the last Mihawk and thrown off my HP for the vivi team.. x_x

well that's 40 stamina down the drain.

qazqaNii

You combine him to lower the turns required for his awesome special.

I just attempted a 40 stamina run with my Laboon/Vivi team and was greeted by the pirates on the first stage all having 1 timers. o_O Things did not go well...

O damn, didn't know all of them could have 1 timer.

Guys, its time to start planning for Monster Chopper :D

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just got home, first attempt on my tablet with WB and he dropped (30 stamina) - very nice xD
Would love to give the 40 stamina version a try but i am missing to many essential team members...cant wait for Alvida to come back around. Also those team costs... -.-

2015-04-30-20-17-59qlul2.png

Maybe i can get 1-2 more attempts on my main before Mihawk leaves us again.

Would anyone be interested in starting a Japanese account? Their big Sugofest is starting in a couple of days, so I'm going to do a bunch of rerolls and start myself an account. If there's some interest, then I'll save some of the better pulls for people here.

Jayhawk

I was considering installing the JP version of the game on my Galaxy S5, but needed some more motivation. Having access to a leftover account with decent characters might be the push I need.

Would anyone be interested in starting a Japanese account? Their big Sugofest is starting in a couple of days, so I'm going to do a bunch of rerolls and start myself an account. If there's some interest, then I'll save some of the better pulls for people here.

It starts in 7 hours.

chrono01

So I've decided to use a few Rainbow Gems for stamina refresh [for Mihawk], since...well...I do have 116 and the XP is nice as well as the Mihawk drops. I wish I had 80 stamina, though, so I could constantly refresh. As it is, I refresh, do a 40-stamina run, and then wait two hours for me to gain 12 stamina so I can run another 40-stamina. I refuse to do 30-stamina, not for a that amount of stamina for a 40% drop, especially when I can easily clear the 40-stamina.

Maybe when Mihawk returns I'll have 80-stamina so I can more easily farm.

Took my Mihawk eating 143 others to finally get it to max skill level \o/
Insane man, congrats!

Damn really isn't possible for me to fight stamina 40 Mihawk with my team =/ also paid and added 30 rainbow gems hoping to get gear 3 Luffy or something and wasted 20 gems, got fat Alvida and lvl1 Kuro twice, fuck you RNG!!!

Rixa

Yeah, this event is pure bullshit. 3x 30 sta runs for nothing and in 40 sta run, the end damage kills me. Its time to go again to idle mode. Login for daily rewards and log out. Kthxbye.

Yeah, this event is pure bullshit. 3x 30 sta runs for nothing and in 40 sta run, the end damage kills me. Its time to go again to idle mode. Login for daily rewards and log out. Kthxbye.

Are you using the Zoro team? Because I'm pretty sure someone told you that you can't use Zoro/Vivi for the 40 stamina version. You have to use Laboon/Vivi for that version.

Rixa

Are you using the Zoro team? Because I'm pretty sure someone told you that you can't use Zoro/Vivi for the 40 stamina version. You have to use Laboon/Vivi for that version.

Yeah, I was. Didnt see that particular message so wasted time & stamina :D. Anyways its kinda same.

Not going to waste more time to this event. Time consumption is one the reasons why I went to casual mode, stare 5 minutes screen and repeat it 5-10 times, short battles take too long time to finish (when you need to constantly watch screen).

Xeroblade

I was able to run 30STA three times with low level vivi/zoro along with whitebeard, arlong and usopp. Was able to get him to drop twice. I dont think I can recover my stamina fast enough before the remaining 5 hours pass. I got what I needed so I am happy.

Xcution

Man i have been 1 shoting Mihawk 40 stam. Three times in a row with three red orbs and plan with Sanji to take out second to last stage.

I will pics later.

Cerity

Took me 7 attempts at the 30 stam to get him to drop so yeah. Had to use 1-2 gems each run. Don't want to touch the event again and I'm hoping by the time the next big even comes around I'll have a decent enough team that I won't need burn gems.

Copons

"only" ...LOL.. two G3's is OP as heck dude. A blind monkey with one arm could beat Mihawk with G3's.

Without them it's a lot harder.

:p

Yeah, but reading the thread over the last weeks I was under the impression it was going to be much harder, like omg you totally need vivi 72 + lion song or waste 3 hours with laboon.

Instead, it's totally doable with the standard 2xG3 team, and if anything it's just a little annoying stall for Usopp.

(I was also under the impression that most of us have G3 Luffy, but on second thought I could be super wrong)

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
You have terrible luck. Level up more for the next go around.

koryuken

I spent about 30 gems farming Mihawk 40 STA. Played for about 4 hours total... wish I could post some screenshots from my phone (teach me someone? ;). I got Mihawk evolved and leveled, got Izu evolved and leveled, got Smoker evolved and leveled. My pirate level went up 17 levels, i got about 3 million belli, and also about 45 Mihawk cards. If I am honest, this is the best 30 gems I have spent in this game, was totally worth it for the pirate level alone.

I am going to wait for the skill up event before going ham on his special though. Getting it down to less than 25 turns is realistic given the 45 Mihawks that i have (i hope). I am also not expecting to max it this time, will do so when he shows up again.

Jayhawk

What is the next Mihawk-type boss going to be? I would like to be able to farm the 40-stam version of that boss when the time comes, so I want to start developing the right team.

chrono01

What is the next Mihawk-type boss going to be? I would like to be able to farm the 40-stam version of that boss when the time comes, so I want to start developing the right team.
That would be Monster Chopper. He's a STR-type, so you'll want a QCK team if you can.

chrono01

I guess I'll continue trying to farm Laboon. X_X
Yeah, it seems to be your best bet [unless you have a strong QCK Captain or Lion Song Zoro]. At least you have plenty of time to do so, just make sure to focus on it whenever there's a 0.5x Stamina or 2x Drop event going on for Twin Cape.

But who knows? Maybe you'll have a new QCK Captain by the time Monster Chopper comes around. He's still probably at least a month or so away.

Will a Jozu team be able to clear him? I've been wanting to level my QCK team anyway.
Yeah, a Jozu team should work out nicely. You could even pair him with another Jozu or an Ace.

Mazre

G3 Luffy really does make this a snap. First try this morning I stalled incorrectly and ended up using a gem to finish. This afternoon I completed it no issues, leveled and immediately completed it again, so 3 Mihawks for 1 gem, not bad. Only have 55 stam so don't think I'll use gems to farm this time around.

Any thoughts on best places to farm non-purple baby turtles? Got pigs that need upgrading.

Majukun

just when i decided to farm mihawk on my second account,i spend a gem and the first stage has every enemy with one turn left before they attack..of course two survive and kill me

so i said "fuck it" and i'll farm him later when i can do at least 2 runs with one full stamina.

chrono01

I really wish I could Gem more effectively for this. Sure, I could run a 40-stamina, 30-stamina, and then Gem, but I'd much rather do two 40-stamina and then Gem. At least I'd be guaranteed two Mihawk out of each. :/

I'll wait for Mihawk Round Two. Hopefully my stamina will be 80 by then. I will have managed 12 [13 total] Mihawk for this one, so that's not too bad.

Wazzy

Banned
I might be able to do one more run before the event ends though it will be 30 stam. My game was lagging pretty badly at work and I wasted a lot of gems trying to do perfects :( I think I got 8 or 9 Mihawks and wasted 20 gems. :(

Hisoka

So i wanted to give my Zeff team + G3 Friend a shot on mihawk 30 stamina.

Started out with Usopp, missed some perfects, so after Usopps 3 turns, i had to use Alvida (Mihawk was already down to 1mm of hp, but to be sure Hah)

Aaand

Done :) Thanks to max lvl G3 from ahvii@gaf for the nice boost.
Even my G2 and Laboom hitted really hard cause of Zeffs and G3 boost. So Zeff is still kickin ass as a leader too i think.

All in all i got 6 mihawks, not a single one from this 30 stamina though. I did run the 40 stamina with laboom in around 15 minutes. So nothing around 1h~

chrono01

Wahey Mihawk dropped lol, just in time in the 30 run XD
Very nice, congrats!

With only an hour left, I'm currently at 0 stamina. I could Gem, run a 40-stamina and then a final 30-stamina, but I'll resist. I have 11 extra Mihawk [to fuse during a skill up event]. Saving those Gems for more 40-stamina runs, not 30.

Fun event, though!

Top Bottom