• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Copons

Stage 3 has 2 Turtles. Each has 10hp. Small deals 500 damage and big 1000. If you attack and miss with a 4 hit unit like Arlong you can get 6 turns in that stage.

Stage 6 is good for stalling too. And sometimes you get a stage with Pirate Penguin and a few high defense low health mobs.

Plus you know that Morgan deals <6k damage. That's 4 turns wit Ussop turn delay.

I've been able to stall with a team with 8 k health. Your slasher tram team is like mine so you should have 11-13 k I think. Totally doable to stall. You just need to play a bit with your health.

But there are too many things that could go wrong, while with G3 it's only a matter of getting two round of perfects with Morgan and that's it. :D

But my point was: doesn't it seem that all in all we only have basically two viable teams (G3/Whitebeard whatever and Mihawk/Arlong slashers) and a lot of useless combinations we would use just in case there's some color-unbalanced event (ie. I bring Kuro with me just in case of a blue orb for Morgan, but I could actually do better with any other unit I guess)?
Like, I could have a very powerful green team, with great orbs changers (Zeff and Django), but I haven't used it anymore after the Kuro event. It's kinda sad or something. Like I'd like this game to be more various or challenging, and instead all we get is infinite farming with G3.

Oh well, maybe I'm just a little burned out.

But there are too many things that could go wrong, while with G3 it's only a matter of getting two round of perfects with Morgan and that's it. :D

But my point was: doesn't it seem that all in all we only have basically two viable teams (G3/Whitebeard whatever and Mihawk/Arlong slashers) and a lot of useless combinations we would use just in case there's some color-unbalanced event (ie. I bring Kuro with me just in case of a blue orb for Morgan, but I could actually do better with any other unit I guess)?
Like, I could have a very powerful green team, with great orbs changers (Zeff and Django), but I haven't used it anymore after the Kuro event. It's kinda sad or something. Like I'd like this game to be more various or challenging, and instead all we get is infinite farming with G3.

The problem isn't that the game is easy but that G3 is the most broken unit in the game, even when considering all the JP units. He has the highest damage multiplier in the game, his teams are only 2nd to WB in terms of overall damage and you can use any unit with him. Even other overpowered units like 6* and raid bosses come with a hefty cost (50-55) to limit their uses while G3 only costs 22.

If you want some challenge then keep that G3 in your box and try building other teams. Also nothing is challenging without a risk factor so "too many things that could go wrong" shouldn't stop you from testing new teams. :p

RalchAC

Well, you're saying you find G3 teams too easy. If you want to use teams that do less damage and experiment a little you're obviously going to face problems you didn't previously face.

Learning how to manage your resources in order to minimise that existing risk is part of the fun imo.

If you're scared of it you should just continue using your Luffy team.

Coldphire

Neo Member
Silver chest for a second day in a row. X_X

I believe the pattern was discovered to be:

Bronze -> Bronze -> Silver -> Silver -> Gold -> Repeat

Also when did they add in the window that pops up when you touch your characters in battle? I don't remember that being there before. It tells you the exact Attack and Recovery of your units based on the captain skills and the gem they have. Pretty neat.

Copons

The problem isn't that the game is easy but that G3 is the most broken unit in the game, even when considering all the JP units. He has the highest damage multiplier in the game, his teams are only 2nd to WB in terms of overall damage and you can use any unit with him. Even other overpowered units like 6* and raid bosses come with a hefty cost (50-55) to limit their uses while G3 only costs 22.

If you want some challenge then keep that G3 in your box and try building other teams. Also nothing is challenging without a risk factor so "too many things that could go wrong" shouldn't stop you from testing new teams. :p

Well, you're saying you find G3 teams too easy. If you want to use teams that do less damage and experiment a little you're obviously going to face problems you didn't previously face.

Learning how to manage your resources in order to minimise that existing risk is part of the fun imo.

If you're scared of it you should just continue using your Luffy team.

Yeah, I guess you're right. ^^

Gonna try something else, worst case scenario I'll lose 30 STA.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I can feed green chopper books to smoker to Level his skill up, right?

I dont think so - Smokers Skill is called "White Out" and Choppers Skill is called "Guard Point" - names have to be the same iirc.

I'm glad Whiskey Peak is finally half stamina because I was getting really bored running Morgan and getting skill books for characters that are only gatcha only which have pretty much already become obsolete.

Kinda strange skill books sell for only 20 beri. Although it looks like for characters at level 50, the beri cost to experience ratio is 1:1. I guess it's not a bad proposition for leveling characters sub 50 at 5000 xp a pop.

Silver chest for a second day in a row. X_X

I believe the pattern was discovered to be:

Bronze -> Bronze -> Silver -> Silver -> Gold -> Repeat

Also when did they add in the window that pops up when you touch your characters in battle? I don't remember that being there before. It tells you the exact Attack and Recovery of your units based on the captain skills and the gem they have. Pretty neat.

... Oh. Jayhawk and Kumo, if you want to wait one more day, that's fine with me. If you just want to do a barrel game anyway, I'm game.

Jayhawk

... Oh. Jayhawk and Kumo, if you want to wait one more day, that's fine with me. If you just want to do a barrel game anyway, I'm game.

I'd rather just wait to maximize chances for keys. I am desperate for those pigs. I got some units close to the level before evolutions.

Xcution

Anyone with an Android that wanta to do the breaking chest. I was silver yesterday and today i should be goldmor silver.

Let me know.

pebs1

Neo Member

Copons, I play a little on the JP version as well, and they have story islands that only let you use one color, like Rob Lucci you can only use Green characters. And there's others that weaken fighters or slashers, etc. on each different stamina cost island, so to do all the content you won't be able to keep using the same team every time.

chrono01

Niiiice - congrats man :eek:
Hope i can max luck a unit at some point as well...but with my turtle luck so far...not gonna happen anytime soon xD
Thanks man, it feels good to finally have max'd his level. It took a ridiculous amount of XP, though. Worth every single one.

So, I'm getting a little tired of my G3 Team, it's easy and gets the job done, but it's also boring.
Problem is, I can't get comparable damage with any other team I tried.
Do you have any suggestion to spice things up?
A lot of the later raid bosses will pre-emptively lock one [or more of your units], making dual Gear Third Luffy teams less ideal. He's still a great unit [one of the best], but there will be more variation in teams later on, don't worry.

Does any one think I have a chance of getting nico Robin or should I just wait?
You could try, although my past experience with rate-up events have been anything but "rate-up". I really want a Nico Robin too, along with Vista, but I refuse to pull outside of Sugofests.

Xeroblade

Thanks to cloggerdude, I have been playing the JP version and damn there seems like there is so much to do. I can't wait til half the stuff comes to the English version. I accidentally wasted a few fruits because i clicked the wrong button lol. Its nice to play something else with only being able to run morgan for the 70th time now. :/

Jayhawk

Thanks to cloggerdude, I have been playing the JP version and damn there seems like there is so much to do. I can't wait til have the stuff comes to the English version. I accidentally wasted a few fruits because i clicked the wrong button lol. Its nice to play something else with only being able to run morgan for the 70th time now. :/

Yep, it's a nice change of pace. What's your ID? I'll friend you later and you can use my Hancock to beat foes up while she points her chin up, looking down on those plebs.

chrono01

Yep, it's a nice change of pace. What's your ID? I'll friend you later and you can use my Hancock to beat foes up while she points her chin up, looking down on those plebs.
JeApcMs.gif

Top Bottom