• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

Nibel

where to farm small turtles?

oh..noticed just now the new fullbody..seemslike a turtle buster

Which one are you looking for? The red ones? 15 Morgan drops them a ton, but a steep stamina price..

And yeah, Fullbody is pretty good for turtle time!

Majukun

Which one are you looking for? The red ones? 15 Morgan drops them a ton, but a steep stamina price..

And yeah, Fullbody is pretty good for turtle time!

all but green and red..have tons of yellow,blue and purple pigs that i can't evolve

Aghhh I keep screwing up on 30 stamina Morgan by stalling one turn too few for usopp to charge. x_________X

That must've been the 6th time I died cause I kill a turtle in 1 turn rather than 2.

chrono01

I'm surprised we haven't received a notification yet in-game concerning the Supernova batch. Probably later tonight with a release for Tuesday of next week.

From the graphic, it seems as though they're breaking them into parts again, but I'd wish they'd combine both of them [including Rayleigh] so I can go all-out, especially with that INT rate-up. However, I know they won't and Supernova Part 2 [and Rayleigh] will be added after the INT rate-up ends. :(

Either way, if it's indeed just Part 1 [which is highly likely], I'll be saving my Rainbow Gems for Part 2.

Coldphire

Neo Member
Aghhh I keep screwing up on 30 stamina Morgan by stalling one turn too few for usopp to charge. x_________X

That must've been the 6th time I died cause I kill a turtle in 1 turn rather than 2.

If you have a character with a 4 hit combo use them to attack the turtle. The turtles have 10 health so you can attack them 3 turns instead of 2. I attack the big turtles first using my 4 combo guy and then repeat and kill the big one when it reaches a turn of 1. Let the little ones attack you because they only hit for ~500.

Another place you can get 1 more turn in is to not kill Helmepoo at the end of a combo and let him hit you for 1 more turn. Helmepoo only does 5 damage I think. That can be hard to do because you have to guess which of your guys is going to kill the big pirate and not hit the next one of your guys.

RalchAC

If you have a character with a 4 hit combo use them to attack the turtle. The turtles have 10 health so you can attack them 3 turns instead of 2. I attack the big turtles first using my 4 combo guy and then repeat and kill the big one when it reaches a turn of 1. Let the little ones attack you because they only hit for ~500.

Another place you can get 1 more turn in is to not kill Helmepoo at the end of a combo and let him hit you for 1 more turn. Helmepoo only does 5 damage I think. That can be hard to do because you have to guess which of your guys is going to kill the big pirate and not hit the next one of your guys.

Yeah, exactly this. You can stall 6 turns on the turtle. You can get on normal stages 1-2 turns. In Helmeppo stage you can get 2-3 turns. And on the 6th stage you usually get Crab (3 turns), Turtle and Fodder. So you can stall a bit more there. My Ussop has a 14 turns cooldown.

You should be able to get enough time there. If I can get there and kill Morgan with a 100% success rate with a team that has 7-8k health you can too!

Yeah I actually know all the tricks, it's just so easy to get lost in chains. (I often make mistakes like "oh I can grab some meat while I stall .. NO WAIT THAT'S ASURA ZORO"

I often click a second guy and just realise a second too late I was supposed to stall one more turn. x_x; It's just sorta painful cause if you reach morgan with 2 turns left on usopp rather than 1-0 .. you're just toast. (unless you're really really lucky with orbs so you can cut off over 50% in one turn, but I got all duds so..)

Hana-Bi

Man, you can't just try to pull one specific char (Nico). I couldn't stop myself and no new chars in my almost dozen pulls...

Now I really have to wait for Rayleigh. Maybe then I will pull this one specific character. I doubt it. :I :)

Man, you can't just try to pull one specific char (Nico). I couldn't stop myself and no new chars in my almost dozen pulls...

Now I really have to wait for Rayleigh. Maybe then I will pull this one specific character. I doubt it. :I :)
Similar happened to me. I wasted all of my gems (35) and got only Choo and Dancing Jango as new characters. The rest were all dupes (3 Buggys, 1 Thunder Tempo Nami, 1 Luffy). I was hoping for Mr. 3, Robin, Nami v2, or Vista.

makaveli13

Neo Member
I recently made 5 alt account on Droid4X, all with the same 6th digit. Yesterday they were gold so I traded with them and got 15 Keys. I am probably gonna be cursed by RNG now and get crap drops / pulls for a while to counterbalance that.

How to you set up multiple droid4x on the same pc?

He re-rolled 5 times, in one single Droid4x. After that he did the chest game.
Yup. I rerolled multiple times. Anytime I got one with a 3 as the 6th digit (simply because it's the same as mine, which was gold that day), I played the game and then grabbed it's password for next week. So now I have 5 alt accounts that I can get gold chests from every week.

So during the Japanese Strong World event I've rerolling the Japanese version with the 40+ free gems from the promos. I got a couple good teams but I'm undecided which one I should run:

u8PawEm.jpg

This was the only team I rolled during the actual sugofest. Strong World Shanks, 2.75x attack leader that scales down to 2x at 1HP, also increases the chance of PSY orbs. As good as he is, I got nothing else good with him and while you can have him lead any team, there aren't many good farmable PSY units aside from Garp, Bon Clay, and maybe Domino. I feel like I would have to build my teams around my friend captains, which seems like it might be a bit of a pain.

Vq3dlDr.jpg

This one isn't too notable except for the awesome combo of Law and Scratchman Apu, when using their specials in tandem gives you a guaranteed 6 DEX orbs. Capone is an okay QCK leader with 2x QCK attack and recovery. SW Usopp is a 2x shooter attack leader with a 1.5x shooter recovery bonus when evolved. Also, his special is the typical 3 turn delay with the added bonus of cutting enemy HP by 10%, unfortunately the cooldown isn't as good as God Usopp.

bx9hTOD.jpg

I think it's pretty much between this team and then next one. Shanks is obviously an awesome 2.5x PSY leader but then you have Bonney (HUUUUGE HP and recovery, kinda meh attack) whose special makes all the orbs meat for 2 turns and triples recovery and this synergizes real well with Bon Clay who can turn all meat orbs to PSY orbs. Blamenco is the best STR leader with 2x attack and 2xHP next to SW Luffy with a 2.5x attack. Capone is alright and Arlong, while farmable, is a good get.

fDn9c16.jpg

And lastly I've got this crew with a ton of captain potential. Kidd is the best 2.5x attack striker leader and has pretty monstrous stats to boot. Jimbe is pretty much an improved Zeff with a 2.5x fighter lead. His special just changes his orb to QCK and does 13x damage to one target. Oh and it's his evolved form as well. Capone is alright and rounding out the pulls is an unevolved Towel Nami, who is the quintessential INT leader.

Opinions?

ID: 915.346.256
Zip: 77355

I don't care what you have, no clue what I have, I just want someone to bust my friend chest cherry. Just let me know in thread(within an hour) and I will tap.

Edit: too late, will try again tomorrow.

RalchAC

So during the Japanese Strong World event I've rerolling the Japanese version with the 40+ free gems from the promos. I got a couple good teams but I'm undecided which one I should run:

Opinions?

Imo the last team.

You have a QCK team pretty much ready. You have a Fighter team almost complete (Luffy, Sanji, Jimbe, Ussop) and you have an Impact leader.

Looks like the most complete batch. With a bit of farming you can get some awesome teams quite easily.

Which place has the best drop rate for Alvida? Her ship or Loguetown?

I farmed LT 6 all day today with the 1/2 STA and couldn't get her to drop. She's the only one missing from my planned Double G3 team: G3, Mihawk, Arlong, Alvida, Usopp (Krieg is in her place atm).

Double Gear 3rd team is pretty addictive once you start getting better at landing those perfects.

Do we have any information on if there'll be another skill up event soon btw? I've gotten so many books right now .. lol.

pLow7

Oh my God!

That Int-Team is sooo much more fun than my Zeff Team. Playing around with orb-Manipulators is addicting. Yes it Takes more, but it is a lot more fun, it's like a different Game. And boyyy, that "everybodypurple+RobinSpecial"!!

Dandte

Could somebody provide me with a decent jap. account? :)

@Clogger I sent you 2 messages while using the mobile version of gaf, but apparently there are no messages in my box. Is the New Ace account still avilable?

chrono01

Do we have any information on if there'll be another skill up event soon btw? I've gotten so many books right now .. lol.
We're long overdue, that's for sure. I'm not sure how things are in the Japanese version, but with all of these events/skillbooks, limited Member Box space, and no skill-up event, we're all suffering.

Just imagine what will happen if they bring back Mihawk befpre a skill-up event...

Oh my God!

That Int-Team is sooo much more fun than my Zeff Team. Playing around with orb-Manipulators is addicting. Yes it Takes more, but it is a lot more fun, it's like a different Game. And boyyy, that "everybodypurple+RobinSpecial"!!
Yeah, I really want to try an INT team, but I'm missing Robin and Vista [I do have V2 Nami, though].

Maybe one day...

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I've been playing really regularly for a week now, and I'm a little unsure the best direction for me to proceed.

I re-rolled when I started until landing a Red-Haired Shanks, so I feel like I should be building a Psy team. But there don't seem to be very many solid farmable Psy units out there.

I could farm Mohji and Richie and try to cobble together a psy squad.

But Shanks also just makes a great non-captain slasher. So I could always just build a Slasher team around someone else and have Shanks on the squad.

Right now my team is:

Red Haired Shanks
Morgan
Golden Hammer Usopp
+ 3 of the story Straw Hats

I've evolved everyone as far as I can for the time being, and I'm not seeing any obvious ways to progress much - leveling up has gotten REALLY slow, and turtles are pretty hard to come by/farm.

qazqaNii

I
Right now my team is:

Red Haired Shanks
Morgan
Golden Hammer Usopp
+ 3 of the story Straw Hats

Farm an Arlong during ½ stamina, and you can make this team:
Mihawk Friend
Arlong Captain
Zoro
Shanks
Morgan
GOD Usopp

This team should be fine in whiskey peak aswell.

GDJustin

Farm an Arlong during ½ stamina, and you can make this team:
Mihawk Friend
Arlong Captain
Zoro
Shanks
Morgan
GOD Usopp

This team should be fine in whiskey peak aswell.

Thanks - I'm trying to farm Arlong now. I have him "on farm" in the sense that I never lose, but the fight's really slow and I have to really shoot for perfects, so it's slow going.

I don't have any Mihawk friends, though. I'd really appreciate it if some of the more active GAF members would add me - I intend on being very active, so I won't be a wasted friend slot:

Thanks - I'm trying to farm Arlong now. I have him "on farm" in the sense that I never lose, but the fight's really slow and I have to really shoot for perfects, so it's slow going.

I don't have any Mihawk friends, though. I'd really appreciate it if some of the more active GAF members would add me - I intend on being very active, so I won't be a wasted friend slot:

Added you. My second evolution Mihawk is just lvl 21 or sth. like that. Hengs one is 71 IIRC.

Jayhawk

Yes that's awesome. Do you know what her skill and special are by chance?

Copy-paste from Reddit:
Cap: 1.5x atk, 1.2x rcv for int
Special: convert heart to int and for 1 turn 1.5x rcv

Been farming Arlong all day today and Smoker all day yesterday from 1/2 stamina... no luck. At least I am getting good exp and fodder to level up different guys.

RalchAC

Copy-paste from Reddit:
Cap: 1.5x atk, 1.2x rcv for int
Special: convert heart to int and for 1 turn 1.5x rcv

Been farming Arlong all day today and Smoker all day yesterday from 1/2 stamina... no luck. At least I am getting good exp and fodder to level up different guys.

So it's a weaker version of Towel Nami? Same special and all that. I guess it's not that bad for people that have bad luck lol.

So, when do we get the prizes for Like a Pirate event?

Mmmmm... the "Like a Pirate Event" thing lasts until May 18th.

So I guess we should get the following rewards:

For 15.000 likes: 3 Gems
For 30.000 likes: 5 Purple Evolved Pigs
For 35.000 likes: 5 Purple Elder Turtles
For 40.000 likes: 5 Gems

I've just given it a look and the page is a bit over 37.2k likes. So we may get the last goal.

I don't use Facebook much, but does the Facebook page posts regularly?

Man it's sunday and I still haven't done the barrel thing. I skipped last week for it as well. :|

edit: btw just cause I'm curious, how much can Marco's skill be reduced by means of skill books? Technically his skill is awesome, but at a cooldown of nearly 30 turns it's also almost impossible to use. (found it, can be reduced to 20. That's low enough to actually be useful.)

Majukun

what are the turtle times for tomorrow?

also,what stages for penguins?
i rememmber there was a stage i got tons of them from when farming

Wazzy

Banned
My goal is to max Gear 3 and then I'll work on Asura and Mihawk on Monday.

I'll add you on my break at work! My Mihawk is evolved but he's not maxed or anything, only level 37. My Gear 3 is 80ish.

RalchAC

http://op-tc-eng-version.blogspot.com.au/2015/03/turtle-island-post.html?m=1

I think I'm going to skip this batch and try for Rayleigh on the next batch.

Yeah I have a 71 Mihawk, if you want to add me my ID is 143845157.

Same here. I've used 8 gems to upgrade my character box from 160 to 200 (I'd need the box space for Turtle times, and I was always >150 due to skill books) and I think I'm at 24 or so.

BTW I have a evolved level 52 Mihawk. I don't have the skill leveled yet though, I'll try to do that when he returns.

I'll add all of you since I don't have that many Mihawk friends. Sometimes I forget to change my default Morgan team (which has Zeff as a captain), but he'll be my go to captain on the next story islands and the Hina event.

RalchAC

What's a better goal? Maxing higher level characters, or getting some other characters up on par to add more variation in options?

I think, considering how the EXP boosters are limited compared to Japan (they have different colored turtle times and they're not only on Mondays) and current content doesn't seem to require MAX leveled characters, you're better with the latter.

Especially if you don't have Whitebeard or Gear 3rd Luffy.

Right now I'm not leveling up characters with over 1.000.000 exp earned. That's around level 70 outside some exceptions like Mihawk, who hit that number at around level 50 IIRC.

What's a better goal? Maxing higher level characters, or getting some other characters up on par to add more variation in options?

EXP is exponential while stats growth is linear for most units. If you have for example 2 units that need 4 million exp each for lvl 99, you can either max one of them or get both of them to lvl 80 (~80 is usually the halfway point exp wise).

I would get most of your important units to 50-60 before starting to max anyone.

I would get most of your important units to 50-60 before starting to max anyone.

Yeah 50-60 is what I've been aiming for.

I've got:

vivi - 72
robin - 56
diablo sanji - 52
gear 3rd luffy - 50
asura zoro - 50
marco - 48
alvida -45
smoker - 41
krieg - 40
pound usopp - 33

Also got unevolved mihawk at 45 and arlong at 30, but getting Mihawk to 70 seems a bit pointless without better exp options.

I've been mostly leveling Smoker up to 50 right now because I like having a high level damage reducer. Having both him & alvida around 50 seems convenient for certain bosses.

Looks good to me. I think that Mihawk should be your next project, getting him to 70 (and evolving him, if you can afford his 50 cost) should help you with farming Hina's event. His 5* is a great captain anyway and you'll probably use him often (unless you like using your G3 for everything).

chrono01

Yeah, you'll definitely want to evolve your Mihawk eventually, just because G3 Luffy isn't viable for a lot of the upcoming raid bosses [due to them pre-emptively locking one or more of your units, effectively making the 3x Perfect meaningless]. Mihawk, on the other hand, is used quite often [from what I can see], so putting some XP into him and evolving him will absolutely benefit you in the long run.

Plus it's Mihawk. That's reason enough.

RalchAC

Looks good to me. I think that Mihawk should be your next project, getting him to 70 (and evolving him, if you can afford his 50 cost) should help you with farming Hina's event. His 5* is a great captain anyway and you'll probably use him often (unless you like using your G3 for everything).

Yeah, and I think for Hina using 2x Mihawks + Asura Zoro as a sub could be a better (or at least faster) solution.

Mainly because you'll still have 2-3 slots for another subs that would make the battles before Hina easier. Especially Fullbody. He is a STR unit so a full DEX team would make him a big pain in the ass. With Kuro and Arlong (and a better multiplier), for example, he should be quite easier to kill.

PS: Yeah, in the end I've decided to use Arlong. If I had been able to evolve Tashigi and evolve her earlier this week when I tried to get a Rainbow Penguin I'd have probably used her.

GDJustin

Some random Qs:

- Do all characters have to be max level before they can be evolved?

- Is there any decent way to farm EXP mats besides turtle time for brief periods on Monday? My units are only mid 30s and it's already very slow and expensive to feed them generic marines and pirates.

- What is barrel breaking? How can I participate? I think I need to spoof my location to do it with GAF members? Is there any easy way to see whether I have broze/silver/gold?

My goal is to max Gear 3 and then I'll work on Asura and Mihawk on Monday.

I'll add you on my break at work! My Mihawk is evolved but he's not maxed or anything, only level 37. My Gear 3 is 80ish.

That would be awesome <3

I think I'm going to skip this batch and try for Rayleigh on the next batch.

Yeah I have a 71 Mihawk, if you want to add me my ID is 143845157.

Added you.

chrono01

Some random Qs:

- Is there any decent way to farm EXP mats besides turtle time for brief periods on Monday? My units are only mid 30s and it's already very slow and expensive to feed them generic marines and pirates.

- What is barrel breaking? How can I participate? I think I need to spoof my location to do it with GAF members? Is there any easy way to see whether I have broze/silver/gold?
1) Yes.

2) Not really. You can try farming the Event Islands for skillbooks you don't need. Feeding them to your units grant them with 5k XP, which is pretty decent. Also, there's the new Porc Sanctuary which we received a few weeks ago, where Jeweled Porc drop. However, you need 3x Keys to open it for a single run and you can only obtain those from barrel-breaking [outside of events where you Namco Bandai might give you some]. Speaking of barrel-breaking...

3) In order to barrel-break you need to be withina certain distance with someone else, also trying to barrel-break at the same time [5km, I believe it was]. In order to barrel-break with other GAF members, we do indeed spoof. Unfortunately it's only possible to do that on Android [unless you jailbreak your iOS device], so it's best for the iOS user to give the Android user a location near them [Postal/Zip Code] in which the Android user enters it into their spoofing app. Then you both coordinate and tap the barrel to break it at the same time.

In regards to color, supposedly there's a set pattern to them. It goes:

Bronze --> Bronze --> Silver --> Silver --> Gold [Rinse/Repeat]

You can start anywhere in the pattern. The color of your chest for that particular day is based on the sixth digit of your ID. You can either look at others on your Friend List with the same sixth digit as you to find out what color you are or ask them directly [you can see the color of chests to the right of their name in the Friend List].

RalchAC

Some random Qs:

Just to add some stuff to Chrono tips, which are all true.

Once you get your characters to a good enough level to do Expert Runs on the Extra Islands, you should be able to get some more turtles. There is a chance you'll get a Medium one (15k exp) on the stages 3 and 6. So sometimes you can even get 2 in a single 30 stamina run.

If your units don't have a really high attack, I'd recommend you using the Marine Tandem team, which deals 2000 fixed damage. Unless you're really, really unlucky with your orbs it's a quite fast way to do those stages.

It's Tandem skill is called Absolute Justice Hammer. You can find the units you need here: http://onepiece-treasurecruise.com/en/tandem

I know you didn't asked for that, but the more stuff you get on those brieg periods when they're available the better

GDJustin

1) Yes.

2) Not really. You can try farming the Event Islands for skillbooks you don't need. Feeding them to your units grant them with 5k XP, which is pretty decent. Also, there's the new Porc Sanctuary which we received a few weeks ago, where Jeweled Porc drop. However, you need 3x Keys to open it for a single run and you can only obtain those from barrel-breaking [outside of events where you Namco Bandai might give you some]. Speaking of barrel-breaking...

3) In order to barrel-break you need to be withina certain distance with someone else, also trying to barrel-break at the same time [5km, I believe it was]. In order to barrel-break with other GAF members, we do indeed spoof. Unfortunately it's only possible to do that on Android [unless you jailbreak your iOS device], so it's best for the iOS user to give the Android user a location near them [Postal/Zip Code] in which the Android user enters it into their spoofing app. Then you both coordinate and tap the barrel to break it at the same time.

In regards to color, supposedly there's a set pattern to them. It goes:

Bronze --> Bronze --> Silver --> Silver --> Gold [Rinse/Repeat]

You can start anywhere in the pattern. The color of your chest for that particular day is based on the sixth digit of your ID. You can either look at others on your Friend List with the same sixth digit as you to find out what color you are or ask them directly [you can see the color of chests to the right of their name in the Friend List].

Thank you very much. My chest is gold if anyone wants to break barrels with me.:

Zip: 94134

Top Bottom