• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Treasure Cruise |OT| Golden Hammer ---God--- Usopp

ah_hia

I'm back! o/

So much to comment on from reading this thread. So, let's begin.

SKILL-UP EVENT!!!!
TURTLES!! All day, every day [for a week, anyway].
LOBSTERS!!!!
SUGOFEST!!!!!! [of which I'll be passing on, I need that Rayleigh]

Hina's event island is a lot of fun, but I can't seem to get the Towel Nami skillbooks as easily as others. I've been running nothing but it since it was released [Expert, aside for running the lower difficulties once for the completion rewards] and have only managed five of them. I've received so many of the others, especially Fullbody. I probably have 30 of him. I need my Towel Nami! :(

Since I couldn't post, I have five barrels that need breaking, and only a few hours left before they reset. I'm Silver today. If any Silver/Gold Android users want to break barrels with me, just let me know! Postal Code T5G 3A6 [Location: Kingsway Garden Mall].

Anyway, nice to be back! We have so much to look forward to this week. I wish you all luck in getting those skill-up's you're after. I desperately need that box space. >_<

Welcome back Chrono01.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Hey...welcome back chrono01...just in time for that extravaganza OPTC week, it shall be glorious.Turtles for Days

chrono01

Welcome back Chrono01.

Hey...welcome back chrono01...just in time for that extravaganza OPTC week, it shall be glorious.Turtles for Days
Thanks, nice to be back.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited for the coming event. I'm not sure if I'll farm the turtles each day they're available [I'm really liking the XP for Hina's event island and as I mentioned I still want more Towel Nami skill books], but the temptation is there. I'll definitely run it tomorrow and at least three or so during the event, just so I can level my Mihawk a bit more. He desperately needs levels [he's sitting at around Level 56].

As for the lobsters, I'm going to farm them as much as I can [without using Rainbow Gems]. The fact that they only come around so often means I'll need to keep a few of each on-hand in case I need them later.

At least now, with the increased skill chance, I can actually hoard items again. Honestly, if we didn't get an increased skill chance event, I probably would have had to use all of these skill books without one. The last few days have been incredibly desperate for me, space-wise. I don't have anything left to sell [outside skill books and additional Hina]!

Copons

The joy when you feed to Mihawk the 5 elder turtles that came from the like event and you get the 1.5x bonus. <3

Also: how does the daily turtle time work?
I've got my times for the Monday one, but I can't seem to find proper informations about the other days.

Qmzn

Neo Member
The last few days have been incredibly desperate for me, space-wise. I don't have anything left to sell [outside skill books and additional Hina]!

Same here. It's tough, trying to decide what to keep. Every time I use an excess skill book, I think, "Would this have given me a skill bonus during the x2 event?"

I just foolishly accepted the "Like" event awards with a full character box, and had to feed the pigs/turtles to my best slashers. I would have liked to have saved a few, but they were probably all going to Mihawk anyway.

I've got my times for the Monday one, but I can't seem to find proper informations about the other days.

There doesn't seem to be any solid info yet. I'm not sure if these times will be accurate or not, but it's the best bet I've found so far.

chrono01

I don't think anyone knows. Some assume it'll work like usual Turtle Times only they'll occur more frequently [instead of each Monday], so each day will be two hours earlier than the last until it moves in the later time-slot in the day before the process repeats itself.

Here's hoping we know for sure soon, it's going to be difficult to plan otherwise. >_<

Man I should probably clear my box up a little..so I guess I'm going to rush some low level evolution to get rid of mats that the bigger guys don't use anymore.

RalchAC

Oh cool, turtles & pigs.

Leveled my 4 star Mihawk up some more, getting closer to lv 70.

Also got my Marco over 900 attack!

Considering I'm going to farm a ton of Mihawks, which should give me a lot of exp, I don't know if it's worth feeding him the turtles.

I'd rather use them to level up some other guys. Like Buggy, Tashigi or Hina.

Majukun

don't have space in the storage,so i'm gonna wait till tomorrow to redeem the like a pirate rewards..
what did we get exactly?

cw_sasuke

Used the turtles on my INT units, will level Mihawk further after i have skilled him up to keep the costs down.

Well and max skilled Towel Nami.

My turtle Time is in 3h. Put up you Marcos guys :D
Sure.

Qmzn

Neo Member
So what is the exact strategy with Fullbody during Turtle Time?

From what I understand, if you get his special to max cooldown (5 turns), you can sub him in most any turtle team and hold his special for the Elder Turtle. For example, I ran Shanks x2 PSY before I had a Marine tandem team, and as long as I hit Great or better, I could clear everything pretty fast except an Elder Turtle, which made any stage with a second Elder run way too long. With Fullbody there, I could probably get through slightly faster than using Marines, especially when the game is stingy with tandem orbs.

GameWith (link, video) has suggestions, such as Mihawk x2, Shanks, Vivi, Arlong, and Fullbody, or 4 Marines + Fullbody, which reduces your tandem chance but adds the guaranteed quick Elder kill. Personally, I wouldn't put Fullbody in the Marine team, because I've had some really quick runs by storing a tandem orb on a captain.

After watching the video, I'm going to try the Mihawk one this week, especially with the colors bouncing around.

don't have space in the storage,so i'm gonna wait till tomorrow to redeem the like a pirate rewards..
what did we get exactly?

5 evolved INT pigs, 5 Elder INT turtles, 8 gems. I redeemed with no storage space. You are very smart. :p

Korial, recommendations for an int team for garp without Vista and Robin?

From the units we have right now, you need Nami+Robin, Vista, max skill Mihawk or Vivi/Zoro/Laboon for Garp. Nami has literally 3 turns to kill Garp (you can't delay him) and a fully maxed burst team of Nami/Robin/BP Chopper/Buggy/v2 Coby can only do 2.4 million damage in those 3 turns while Garp has 2.1 million HP. You don't have room for much lower levels, no Robin (tried replacing her with Hina, only 1.7 million damage) or Buggy instead of one of the Namis.

Majukun

5 evolved INT pigs, 5 Elder INT turtles, 8 gems. I redeemed with no storage space. You are very smart. :p

did you open all the mails already?
as long as you have even a single one not opened,you can get all the rewards with that if i remember correctly

Qmzn

Neo Member
did you open all the mails already?
as long as you have even a single one not opened,you can get all the rewards with that if i remember correctly

I opened the pigs first, and they dropped into storage immediately. If there was an order that put all the rewards into one message, I didn't take that turn.

Not sure I really wanted to wait until tomorrow evening, anyway. The more levels in Mihawk, the smoother the Hina runs, and I can always get more turtles 'n' pigs.

StMeph

I nearly missed turtle time, so I only got 3 runs in.

Monster Chopper is up next, right? Is that official, or speculation? Need to know what to start focusing XP toward next to prepare for events/raids. QCK and PSY are my most underleveled.

My Marco just KOed an Elder Turtle, LOL.

Time to draw yourself a Marco sprite avatar.

Dandte

My Marco just KOed an Elder Turtle, LOL.

Woah using a psy teams make turtle time a piece of cake! When i finally reach 75 stamina i can easily make 10 runs with a lvl up. turtle time itself was crap.
04 Elders
08 Teenage
28 Babys

my turtle time for may 19 as a 3 is 13:00 pst right?

I nearly missed turtle time, so I only got 3 runs in.

Time to draw yourself a Marco sprite avatar.

and a shanks version of the ingame fighting spring sprite :D

Pulled two times for rare recruit. Got Krieg and Nico Robin(yeah). Too bad i still don't have towel Nami, so i have to use Buggy as a captain of INT team.

Ferga

Playing on a JP account with double rayleigh leads.... I just have to say having a 20x combo is god damn awesome.

I already dreading what I'll have to do to get him next month in global...

cw_sasuke

Dont know if i should try out Marco Turtle Squad later...thing is PSY subs besides Marco only have around 500 atk... still enough to OHKO at least the small and teenage turtles ?

Pulled two times for rare recruit. Got Krieg and Nico Robin(yeah). Too bad i still don't have towel Nami, so i have to use Buggy as a captain of INT team.

Robin get ? You are a damn lucky guy..... makes me wanna pull for her as well :-/

Dont know if i should try out Marco Turtle Squad later...thing is PSY subs besides Marco only have around 500 atk... still enough to OHKO at least the small and teenage turtles ?

You're way too paranoid, you should have used your Marco ages ago lol.

I tried the GP Usopp team like I promised. I managed a 2 minutes 30 run with maxed Merry and fullbody, not sure if that's faster or slower than the average tandem team clear. Video: http://youtu.be/8CMTVn6wO5E

Qmzn

Neo Member
Monster Chopper is up next, right? Is that official, or speculation?

Chopper, then Garp. Next fortnight is Cobymeppo. Speculation based on the JP progression, but global's been lining up with that pretty well so far. I'd bet on Chopper landing first week of June or so.

Not a vet of JP version, so no first-hand experience, but I've read that Chopper can be Vivi/Laboon'd like Mihawk, or Jozu/Jozu, Ace/Ace, or even Ace/Hina. Weaker the QCK team, more you have to stall for QCK orbs. GameWith lists a ton of viable teams, has a vid of Prince/Jozu. I'm just going Vivi/Laboon again, since I don't care for the stress of perfect combo or fail.

Just cause I'm a cureuz basterd; What's everyone's favourite team color in this game? (with a possible explanation as to why)

PSY. Shanks, Bon Clay, Gaimon, Marine Django, Garp, Marco, fun to look at, fun to use, with entertaining specials like Shanks' Care Bear Stare and Garp's Cannonballs. Except for Marco, it's fairly easy to hit Perfects with them, even when the game lags. The yellow glow of matching orbs is soothing. Usopp actually does damage. ALSO COBY, and Coby, and then there's Coby.

Anyone know what the EXP for all the Hina stages are? I'm trying to calculate how much EXP I need to level up during my turtle time.

These are approximations, except for 2570 for a typical Elite and 5700 for Expert, which is exact. Alternate stage setups shift the number a little, and Marine Django shifts it a lot, depending on the stage on which he spawns. I pulled Rookie/Veteran XP from the guide, because I only did them once.

Hina Rookie: 1150
Hina Veteran: 2130
Hina Elite: 2570-2900
Hina Expert: 5700-6100

I tried the GP Usopp team like I promised. I managed a 2 minutes 30 run with maxed Merry and fullbody, not sure if that's faster or slower than the average tandem team clear.

I'd say it's a little bit faster. I've never clocked it exactly, but since 4 runs usually takes me 13 minutes, I'd say the average Marine tandem clear is 3:15.

These are approximations, except for 2570 for a typical Elite and 5700 for Expert, which is exact. Alternate stage setups shift the number a little, and Marine Django shifts it a lot, depending on the stage on which he spawns. I pulled Rookie/Veteran XP from the guide, because I only did them once.

Hina Rookie: 1150
Hina Veteran: 2130
Hina Elite: 2570-2900
Hina Expert: 5700-6100

Awesome, thank you! Very much appreciated.

Hina's event island is a lot of fun, but I can't seem to get the Towel Nami skillbooks as easily as others. I've been running nothing but it since it was released [Expert, aside for running the lower difficulties once for the completion rewards] and have only managed five of them. I've received so many of the others, especially Fullbody. I probably have 30 of him. I need my Towel Nami! :(

Glad to have you back chrono! I can't believe you have only managed 5 Towel Nami's though. That's crazy! I'm sitting on a solid 30 right now, sheesh.

Xeroblade

Thanks to the nice little bonuses we got, I got mihawk evolved! but now I need to change my team up since the cost to use him put me over :(

Nibel

From what I understand, if you get his special to max cooldown (5 turns), you can sub him in most any turtle team and hold his special for the Elder Turtle. For example, I ran Shanks x2 PSY before I had a Marine tandem team, and as long as I hit Great or better, I could clear everything pretty fast except an Elder Turtle, which made any stage with a second Elder run way too long. With Fullbody there, I could probably get through slightly faster than using Marines, especially when the game is stingy with tandem orbs.

GameWith (link, video) has suggestions, such as Mihawk x2, Shanks, Vivi, Arlong, and Fullbody, or 4 Marines + Fullbody, which reduces your tandem chance but adds the guaranteed quick Elder kill. Personally, I wouldn't put Fullbody in the Marine team, because I've had some really quick runs by storing a tandem orb on a captain.

After watching the video, I'm going to try the Mihawk one this week, especially with the colors bouncing around.P

Kill all the turtles using your preferred method. Use Fullbody on the Elder(s).

Thanks! :)

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
"I'm going to be smart and save some of my turtles and pigs for Arlong once I evolve him in a couple days."

*Instantly spends every single Elder Turtle & Pig on Zoro and Shanks as soon as they hit my box.*

Thanks to the nice little bonuses we got, I got mihawk evolved! but now I need to change my team up since the cost to use him put me over :(

Big reason I haven't evolved him yet, despite having all the materials.

Marco + Mihawk takes up a load of crew points, need 9 more pirate levels to afford both at once on a decent team.

Top Bottom